PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne et al

MacBean
20-09-2010, 02:50 PM
How long are Loan Deals that our young boys have?
Is there a possibilty Byrne, Welsh et al can return when required. We could use Byrne this season especially with the severe lack of fire power we have.

I know that when a fee is paid a player cannot be recalled, however i would have imagined that would not have been the case in these deals.

Welsh would also give us another option in what is a lacklustre midfield at the moment.

Wotherspiniesta
20-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I think if theres any chance of recalling Byrne, we should. He certainly seems to know where the goals are.

I think Welsh had a setback in his return from injury, so he won't be available for the moment...

Ewan Moyes scored for Brechin at the weekend, but with the arrivals of Dickoh, Stephens and Grounds, he would appear to be way down the pecking order.

What about Currie? He got a few games in pre-season.

We could certainly do with some youthful exuberance :agree:

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Callum Booth was getting high praise from some of the first teamers last season....

Is he at Arbroath?

offshorehibby
20-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Callum Booth was getting high praise from some of the first teamers last season....

Is he at Arbroath?

Booth & Moyse starting most weeks for Brechin

truehibernian
20-09-2010, 03:39 PM
All the players you mention are ready to go into the first team......easily. It is the manager holding them back. No two ways about it. Watch Welsh and Currie and tell me that our other midfielders are any better. Watch Byrne (up front where he should be and not on the right wing or off the front two where that clown plays him) and you will all see a bright young talent. Booth is the best of the bunch by a mile. Won't happen under Hughes IMHO and they will end up elsewhere.

.Sean.
20-09-2010, 04:16 PM

Is he at Arbroath?
Callum is on loan at Brechin until January mate.

Vini1875
20-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I think we will be seeing more of them from January onwards.

truehibernian
20-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I think we will be seeing more of them from January onwards.

Don't hold your breath mate. At least two of them have their contracts running out in December.

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I would not even think about taking these boys back any sooner than there loan deals allow. They have been given the chance to play regular football and in order for them to miss it they have to have it for long enough, they will gain nothing from a few weeks away then coming back - the only thing might be over inflating there confidence.

I am also mindful of the fact they are playing a good few divisions down so playing well, scoring down there means little as far as I am concerned.

I am just hopeful that a good spell brings something promising for the future.

truehibernian
20-09-2010, 05:34 PM
I agree to an extent but you have also touched upon what is wrong with the club at present and Scottish football in general. What is so wrong about a player having confidence, or as you say, over inflated confidence ? Byrne certainly has it and it has worked against him with Hughes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a player having belief and supreme confidence in his ability. It is on the pitch he will be judged. Our team has no confidence, and it also needs a few noses put out of joint. Then we will see where the real winners are. I don't want the kids pulled back from their loans (which cannot happen anyway), but I want to see them in the side very soon. And that includes some of the current 19's to be honest. Our forward line has no pace and we have two kids in the 19's with bags of it. I don't buy into this myth that "they are too young, need experience, need games under their belt". If they are given a pro contract, they are deemed good enough and good enough to be a first team player at some point. Blood them, get them keen and enthusiastic, and yes, give them that belief.

And the most important thing......play them, and the experienced pros, in their correct positions.

WestStandhibee
20-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I am also mindful of the fact they are playing a good few divisions down so playing well, scoring down there means little as far as I am concerned.

kenny miller, derek riordan, garry o'connor were sent out on loan when they were youngsters, theyve turned out to be fairly decent goalscorers

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 05:48 PM
I agree to an extent but you have also touched upon what is wrong with the club at present and Scottish football in general. What is so wrong about a player having confidence, or as you say, over inflated confidence ? Byrne certainly has it and it has worked against him with Hughes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a player having belief and supreme confidence in his ability. It is on the pitch he will be judged. Our team has no confidence, and it also needs a few noses put out of joint. Then we will see where the real winners are. I don't want the kids pulled back from their loans (which cannot happen anyway), but I want to see them in the side very soon. And that includes some of the current 19's to be honest. Our forward line has no pace and we have two kids in the 19's with bags of it. I don't buy into this myth that "they are too young, need experience, need games under their belt". If they are given a pro contract, they are deemed good enough and good enough to be a first team player at some point. Blood them, get them keen and enthusiastic, and yes, give them that belief.

And the most important thing......play them, and the experienced pros, in their correct positions.

My own view is that if these guys come back, then have to work through 90 mins (like the last two weeks) where they dont get a touch, get rammed off the ball, do nothing in the game and then have the crowd on them can be massively counter productive.

I agree confidence is good, and that comes from playing well, being taken back is likely to make these guys think they are there to solve the problem, if they dont, then I think it will take it out of them.

Let them run there course and get used to coming out of the tunnel and onto the pitch, not into the dugout, or up into the stand.

What I would say is that I dont feel any of them are good enough to get a game at the moment. I think with time and experience this will change.

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 05:51 PM
kenny miller, derek riordan, garry o'connor were sent out on loan when they were youngsters, theyve turned out to be fairly decent goalscorers

Agreed, as was the likes of Murray. But they completed there spell, got confidence from playing week in week out and used to scoring/playing in competitive games. I would not deprive them of that opportunity to learn.

As you point of above, it is tried and tested, worked before, so lets not just pull them back when they are not likely to get a game anyway.

Wotherspiniesta
20-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Agreed, as was the likes of Murray. But they completed there spell, got confidence from playing week in week out and used to scoring/playing in competitive games. I would not deprive them of that opportunity to learn.

As you point of above, it is tried and tested, worked before, so lets not just pull them back when they are not likely to get a game anyway.

Riordan was called back after just 2 games after scoring 3 goals.

Garry O'Connor was called back after 4 games after notching 1.

Byrne has played 6 games for East Fife scoring 4 times. Personally, I think its time he was given his chance like those before him.

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 06:46 PM

Byrne has played 6 games for East Fife scoring 4 times. Personally, I think its time he was given his chance like those before him.

I think both of the aforementioned were better pedegree - didnt they do more than one loan spell? In addition they had the benefit of playing in a structured reserve league, another scottish football farce decision to get rid.

I would leave him out there honestly dont think its his time.

Wilson
20-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Given that Byrne got three goals in one game that would mean he has only scored in two games out of six. Not bad but I wouldn't start creaming ourselves about what he'll do at SPL level just yet.

Goals are just one measure of the players performances. How are they looking otherwise? Do they stand out at that level as players or are they still finding their feet?

Give them time and let them get competitive games.

oconnors_strip
20-09-2010, 08:16 PM
if you are free on saturday then get along to livingston to watch east fife play livi, perfect opportunity to see kurtis play then comment about him on here:wink:

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 09:21 PM
if you are free on saturday then get along to livingston to watch east fife play livi, perfect opportunity to see kurtis play then comment about him on here:wink:

I wont be free on sat as funnily enough Hibs have a game! Will leave the young lad to do his loan spell and see how he gets on. For now i would much rather stick with what we have up front and let the young guys get some time under there belts.

oconnors_strip
20-09-2010, 09:43 PM
I wont be free on sat as funnily enough Hibs have a game! Will leave the young lad to do his loan spell and see how he gets on. For now i would much rather stick with what we have up front and let the young guys get some time under there belts.

you are right that funnily enough hibs do have a game and some of us will be at it.:wink: but i know many hibees who wont be going to parkhead and will be sitting listening to the radio, and might like to go to a local game.

the words in bold....some people would like to see how he gets on with their own eyes:wink:

emmjayfox
20-09-2010, 09:56 PM
It wouldnt be very good for any youngster to be playing just now and hearing that booing at the end of the games. The last time i saw Byrne he was about a pound heavier than a meringue, lets hope hes bulked up a bit more, weve got enough lightweights in our team who are too easily pushed off the ball.

Woody1985
20-09-2010, 10:39 PM
It wouldnt be very good for any youngster to be playing just now and hearing that booing at the end of the games. The last time i saw Byrne he was about a pound heavier than a meringue, lets hope hes bulked up a bit more, weve got enough lightweights in our team who are too easily pushed off the ball.

You've just outlined exactly why our league is full of slow huddies. Lets bulk them up a bit. No, lets teach them to be good enough, sharp enough to be good technical footballers. Not suck the life out them by turning them into brutes.

Wotherspiniesta
25-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Bump.

Kurtis is 5 for 7.

Callum Booth also scored for Brechin.

sahib
25-09-2010, 06:32 PM
You've just outlined exactly why our league is full of slow huddies. Lets bulk them up a bit. No, lets teach them to be good enough, sharp enough to be good technical footballers. Not suck the life out them by turning them into brutes.

:agree:

I heard the late great Joe Baker on the radio a few seasons back and he completely dismissed the idea of not playing youngsters because of putting pressure on them. Ha said something along the lines that when he was breaking through into the Hibs team all he cared about was playing well and scoring. He implied the result did not matter to him very much. It is no coincidence to me that our best seasons in a decade came when we were forced to go with youth.

ronaldo7
25-09-2010, 07:49 PM
My own view is that if these guys come back, then have to work through 90 mins (like the last two weeks) where they dont get a touch, get rammed off the ball, do nothing in the game and then have the crowd on them can be massively counter productive.

I agree confidence is good, and that comes from playing well, being taken back is likely to make these guys think they are there to solve the problem, if they dont, then I think it will take it out of them.

Let them run there course and get used to coming out of the tunnel and onto the pitch, not into the dugout, or up into the stand.

What I would say is that I dont feel any of them are good enough to get a game at the moment. I think with time and experience this will change.

:agree: With most of that bud, but to be honest their are games in the SPL that we could unleash our youngsters. They don't have to get hammered by the bigot brothers or the white feather club. We could get them into the lower league games (just like ourselves eh). Remember that whenever they start in the team, they will still be coming out the tunnel and onto the bench, or just going up into the Stand. No player continues in the team indefinately. Other than that, I can see good improvement in our team in the coming years given the young ones stay and improve.:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
25-09-2010, 07:59 PM

Whilst i agree with your general point i think there does have to be an element of bulking up to succeed in football. The likes of Messi and Ronaldo aren't 'brutes' but they have fantastic upper body strength and are solid muscle in their core. Obviously their technical ability and sharpness is hugely important but even in leagues which are far higher quality than the SPL their is a physical element that requires a certain strength and build to overcome.

monktonharp
25-09-2010, 08:16 PM

Byrne has played 6 games for East Fife scoring 4 times. Personally, I think its time he was given his chance like those before him.[/QUOTE] this laddie must be screaming to get back to his club,I felt that last season he was itching to get on the park a bit more than he was given,others on here said he was miles away from first team action ( admit it Foghorn:wink:) but his recent performances show us he knows where the net is,which we already know about him. ok, it's a good bit away from the SPL but we are rather short of natural/poacher types at the moment.

ronaldo7
25-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Kurtis' bid for first team action was thwarted by his auld man bumpin his gums about how his lad was going to do this and that. If he had stayed out the way then Kurtis might still have been knocking on the door for the first team. I still think he will be scoring goals for fun in a couple of years, and should be back at Hibs strutting his stuff.....Come on yogi get him back in the squad:grr:

monktonharp
25-09-2010, 08:58 PM
you may be correct there,about his auld man,who really wants him at Celtic

ronaldo7
25-09-2010, 09:04 PM
you may be correct there,about his auld man,who really wants him at Celtic

:agree:

Wilson
25-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Given that Byrne got three goals in one game that would mean he has only scored in two games out of six. Not bad but I wouldn't start creaming ourselves about what he'll do at SPL level just yet.

Goals are just one measure of the players performances. How are they looking otherwise? Do they stand out at that level as players or are they still finding their feet?

You have no idea what you are on about! :grr::taxi

Bring back Byrne! :greengrin

PC Stamp
26-09-2010, 10:08 AM
SPL clubs are party to transfer window rules. In that event, whilst the players mentioned are still under contract to us and therefore we could probably recall them at any time, my understanding is we can't re-register them to play for us until the January window opens. Nothing to do with fees or anything. Didn't apply to the Riordans & O'Connors as they were pre transfer window.

That's the reason why the loan deals were all fixed until January.

.Sean.
26-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Boothy also scored for Brechin yesterday! :agree:

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I was at the east fife game yesterday and byrne was ok.

His goal was good(great first touch,cut inside the defender and finished well with his left foot)but wasnt realy involved in the game a great deal and was quite for alot of it.

I think from what i saw yesterday he will be a good goalscorer but not the kind of player who will come deep and link up the play.

km2007
26-09-2010, 08:02 PM

He's scored 7 in 7 starts. :greengrin Enough to be given a chance in the first team - can't do worse than Nish!

Albion Hibs
26-09-2010, 08:05 PM
He's scored 7 in 7 starts. :greengrin Enough to be given a chance in the first team - can't do worse than Nish!

He is playing a part time league, against part timers. Ridiculous comparison IMO.

MacBean
05-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Here's hoping the new gaffer will give the young blood a run :agree:

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM

Please god no, not this under 19 chat again.

Wotherspiniesta
05-10-2010, 12:11 PM

I agree.

Lets never give young players a chance.

We should be signing players like Lee Bullen, Bob Malcolm and Neil McCann.

:rolleyes:

MyJo
05-10-2010, 12:11 PM

If the SPL vot to restructure the league from next season and there is no relegation this year we could do worse than to offload a few players in January and bring the young boys back to Easter Road and let them play out the season.

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I agree.

Yeah good one mate, because that is of course what I was saying.

Put another way, if Wotherspoon was the best of that bunch, what does it say about how ready the other are at this stage? In addition, if they were that good / ready do you think they would have been loaned out? The older heads in our current first team that broke through - Murray and Riordan did it alongside and in front of far better players than we currently have.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I agree.

Now you are talking, glad i'm not the only one who thinks this.:top marks:thumbsup:

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
If the SPL vot to restructure the league from next season and there is no relegation this year we could do worse than to offload a few players in January and bring the young boys back to Easter Road and let them play out the season.

No rubbish idea. We have just emptyed our manager beacause of results with many a fan on here saying they would not return to Easter Road while he was in charge - what do you think would happen to crowds on the basis of our suggestion? Do you think that would help the finances for getting players in the following year?

I would be a fan of us putting teams into the 3rd division. that way our younger players would get a shot at competitve football in the appropriate forum.

Wotherspiniesta
05-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah good one mate, because that is of course what I was saying.

Put another way, if Wotherspoon was the best of that bunch, what does it say about how ready the other are at this stage? In addition, if they were that good / ready do you think they would have been loaned out? The older heads in our current first team that broke through - Murray and Riordan did it alongside and in front of far better players than we currently have.

The fact that you don't rate Wotherspoon shows how much you know about football. Who's to say Wotherspoon is the best of the other lads coming through anyway? They've played very little football for Hibs. Murray and Riordan played at a time when we were crippled with debt and had no option but to play them. The experience they got from playing together at a young age helped them flourish into the players that they are just now.

What's wrong with giving Byrne, Booth, Currie etc the chance to flourish themselves?

Wotherspiniesta
05-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Now you are talking, glad i'm not the only one who thinks this.:top marks:thumbsup:

:hilarious

It should be the new manager's number one priority :greengrin

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 12:34 PM
The fact that you don't rate Wotherspoon shows how much you know about football. Who's to say Wotherspoon is the best of the other lads coming through anyway? They've played very little football for Hibs. Murray and Riordan played at a time when we were crippled with debt and had no option but to play them. The experience they got from playing together at a young age helped them flourish into the players that they are just now.

What's wrong with giving Byrne, Booth, Currie etc the chance to flourish themselves?

I think you have just actually shown yourself up for knowing absolutely nothing about football - to an extent where I hope you are feeling embarrassed.

Point 1 - I dont rate Wotherspoon as I have watched him for the last 15 months.
Point 2 - I would assume he was the best of that bunch as why would you have a better player and not put them in the squad - think about it.
Point 3 - I dont remember us being crippled with debt around the 1999-2001 when both these players broke in
Point 4 - You do remember that when Murray was coming through he was in a team which consisted of Sauzee, Mixu, Lattapy, Lehmann, Lovel, Agathe, Zitelli, O'Neil, Lauersen etc - do you really think Hibs were "forced to play" them?

Wotherspiniesta
05-10-2010, 12:56 PM
I think you have just actually shown yourself up for knowing absolutely nothing about football - to an extent where I hope you are feeling embarrassed.

Point 2 - I would assume he was the best of that bunch as why would you have a better player and not put them in the squad - think about it.
Point 3 - I dont remember us being crippled with debt around the 1999-2001 when both these players broke in
Point 4 - You do remember that when Murray was coming through he was in a team which consisted of Sauzee, Mixu, Lattapy, Lehmann, Lovel, Agathe, Zitelli, O'Neil, Lauersen etc - do you really think Hibs were "forced to play" them?

Point 1- I can't see how anybody with a little football knowledge could have watched Wotherspoon and not seen glimpses of his talent. Sure, he's not been in dazzling form recently, but nobody, barring Riordan has. He's still inexperienced though, so fluctuation in form was inevitable at some point. He's still got a lot to offer in coming years.

Point 2- You "assume" he was the best player coming through. I'm sure if you ask some of the people on here who seen the treble winning u-19 team then quite a few would disagree with him being the most promising.

Point 3- We were in serious debt in 2001 after Sky cancelled their TV contract with the SPL, We were the worst affected by it. Riordan made his debut in 2001.

Point 4- Maybe we weren't forced to play Murray but he was given a chance by Mcleish and took it. So what's wrong with giving a few of these new guys a chance?

It's been Hibs' way to bring through new players and develop them, we've been doing it for years and it's helped clear our debt, buy a state of the art training facility and a brand new stand.

So, No, I won't be feeling embarassed about that.

MacBean
05-10-2010, 01:25 PM

id like to see you justify the reasons why any of our squad should not be given an opportunity to prove their ability. the last manager didnt even give them a sniff (except for pre season) and i would hope than any new manager coming in would use the abilities that these players have to thier fullest. Whether that is 20 mins off the bench or a regular/rotational start. the current squad have amassed 5 points together.

Wotherspiniesta
05-10-2010, 01:30 PM
id like to see you justify the reasons why any of our squad should not be given an opportunity to prove their ability. the last manager didnt even give them a sniff (except for pre season) and i would hope than any new manager coming in would use the abilities that these players have to thier fullest. Whether that is 20 mins off the bench or a regular/rotational start. the current squad have amassed 5 points together.

Maybe Albion Hibs is just scared of change?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQvgKZL5QQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd9JuDN1P_8&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Still, Wotherspoon is pish eh? :wink:

MacBean
05-10-2010, 01:31 PM

This is Yogi we are talking about. He doesnt give Galbraith a start, who has been far better than a few who have started of late...
I disagree wholeheartedly that D was our best prospect and most talented player from the U-19s. Yes he has been given a chance but I'd say, Booth, Currie and Byrne are of similair standard to him. I just hope Mr New Manager realises that as it seems to escaped Yogi's path!

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
:hilarious

It should be the new manager's number one priority :greengrin

Player manager, do it now Petrie you know you want to.

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Point 1- I can't see how anybody with a little football knowledge could have watched Wotherspoon and not seen glimpses of his talent. Sure, he's not been in dazzling form recently, but nobody, barring Riordan has. He's still inexperienced though, so fluctuation in form was inevitable at some point. He's still got a lot to offer in coming years.

Point 2- You "assume" he was the best player coming through. I'm sure if you ask some of the people on here who seen the treble winning u-19 team then quite a few would disagree with him being the most promising.

Point 3- We were in serious debt in 2001 after Sky cancelled their TV contract with the SPL, We were the worst affected by it. Riordan made his debut in 2001.

Point 4- Maybe we weren't forced to play Murray but he was given a chance by Mcleish and took it. So what's wrong with giving a few of these new guys a chance?

It's been Hibs' way to bring through new players and develop them, we've been doing it for years and it's helped clear our debt, buy a state of the art training facility and a brand new stand.

So, No, I won't be feeling embarassed about that.

Point 1 - "glimpses" - great that will really make a season for us. He has not played well since we took him out of the right back slot.

Point 2 - No what I assume is that we would take the best players from the under 19s up to the full squad - fair assumption I would think. If you were in charge would you take the worst of that team and put them in the full squad?

Point 3 - No. The league in general was in financial trouble, but we were not in as dire a situation as you would like to make out. "Riordan made his debut in 2001" - correct thank you for repeating what I said above.

Point 4 - These players were good enough to be in the squad - I personally am sick of hearing people ask for the younger lads to be put in, I feel that would in no way be beneficial. What they are doing now i.e. loan and given the SPL decision re reserve league they may have to do a further spell.

IMO Wotherspoon looked good when he came into the team. Despite the fact he is not a defender I prefered him at right back, as I do not think he is the quickest, and having more space in front of him to build up seems to help. I dont think playing as much as he did last year helped, like other players he should have been relied on less and I think that would have benefited him in the long run.

My issue is not with Wotherspoon or any other young players - I would love them all to be the Ronaldos of tomorrow. My issue is the constant lets bring them up shout we have on this forum for nothing other than the fact it would be a new face. Select hibs fans seem to constantly prefer the unknown - lets try him, or play him there etc. I have faith in the management at Hibs that generally at the right time they will be brought forward. Why are we so insistant on stopping there learning, just so we can have a look at what they might be like.

At The Edge
05-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Player manager, do it now Petrie you know you want to.

Would Petrie want to take on this role as well?

:wink:

Wotherspiniesta
05-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Point 1 - "glimpses" - great that will really make a season for us. He has not played well since we took him out of the right back slot.

Point 2 - No what I assume is that we would take the best players from the under 19s up to the full squad - fair assumption I would think. If you were in charge would you take the worst of that team and put them in the full squad?

Point 3 - No. The league in general was in financial trouble, but we were not in as dire a situation as you would like to make out. "Riordan made his debut in 2001" - correct thank you for repeating what I said above.

Point 4 - These players were good enough to be in the squad - I personally am sick of hearing people ask for the younger lads to be put in, I feel that would in no way be beneficial. What they are doing now i.e. loan and given the SPL decision re reserve league they may have to do a further spell.

IMO Wotherspoon looked good when he came into the team. Despite the fact he is not a defender I prefered him at right back, as I do not think he is the quickest, and having more space in front of him to build up seems to help. I dont think playing as much as he did last year helped, like other players he should have been relied on less and I think that would have benefited him in the long run.

My issue is not with Wotherspoon or any other young players - I would love them all to be the Ronaldos of tomorrow. My issue is the constant lets bring them up shout we have on this forum for nothing other than the fact it would be a new face. Select hibs fans seem to constantly prefer the unknown - lets try him, or play him there etc. I have faith in the management at Hibs that generally at the right time they will be brought forward. Why are we so insistant on stopping there learning, just so we can have a look at what they might be like.

Correct. A lot of the team should have been given a rest when we were on that horrible run. So who would you have put in in their place? We've not got a very big squad and when we were going through that terrible spell towards the end of last season what would be so bad about bringing in a couple, just one or two, of the youngsters to see what they could do?

How can you have faith in the management at Hibs? :confused: We don't even have a manager at the minute! And the last one had lost the faith of a lot of hibs supporters. I didn't have faith with Yogi and his management of some of the younger players. His beratement of Hanlon and Galbraith was slightly embarassing.

You're right though, they should be given time to develop seeing as there is no reserve league anymore. Players like Booth, Moyes and Byrne have now served their apprenticeships in the lower leagues to come back and fight for a place in the starting XI IMO. How long do they need to be out on loan for? Until they're 25? I'd much rather a younger lad got the chance, with the right manager who is open to improve with experience, than guys like Rankin, Hogg and Nish who have limitations as footballers.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Am i the only one who's not been that impressed with Galbraith? He might get a better run with the new man, hopefully he takes it and makes a place in the team his own.

--------
05-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Thinking about youngsters getting a chance in the first-team squad, perhaps someone could explain the advantage in loaning Kurtis Byrne out to East Fife, selling Stokes, and then bringing in a half-fit "senior pro" like Trakys to fill the gap?

I know Duffy was the first signing (on loan) and was injured before he could play.

But Kurtis's absence exacerbated the problem.

I was under the impression that the plan was to use East Mains to develop our own talent thus avoiding expensive signing fees and providing income for the years ahead?

What's the point of having a training complex and a youth development plan when we fail to use the players we're developing?

MacBean
05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Thinking about youngsters getting a chance in the first-team squad, perhaps someone could explain the advantage in loaning Kurtis Byrne out to East Fife, selling Stokes, and then bringing in a half-fit "senior pro" like Trakys to fill the gap?

I know Duffy was the first signing (on loan) and was injured before he could play.

But Kurtis's absence exacerbated the problem.

I was under the impression that the plan was to use East Mains to develop our own talent thus avoiding expensive signing fees and providing income for the years ahead?

What's the point of having a training complex and a youth development plan when we fail to use the players we're developing?

our loanees train with Hibs throughout the week however play for the clubs they've been to loaned too

--------
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
our loanees train with Hibs throughout the week however play for the clubs they've been to loaned too

Yup, I understand that.

But I still can't work out the logic of loaning out our own young players to other clubs, then bringing in other players (some of whom are no older or better than the ones we've loaned out) to replace them.

Can we really truly say that Jonathan Grounds is a better bet than Calum Booth?

BTW - I understand that at BORO JG is considered to be a central defender who can play at LB rather than a natural LB. I mean - whit?

Twa Cairpets
05-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Proof positive that you are a Yam wind up merchant. What management would that be then? The guy who just got bulleted?

LTYF

:jamboclow:trumpet:

MacBean
05-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Yup, I understand that.

But I still can't work out the logic of loaning out our own young players to other clubs, then bringing in other players (some of whom are no older or better than the ones we've loaned out) to replace them.

Can we really truly say that Jonathan Grounds is a better bet than Calum Booth?

BTW - I understand that at BORO JG is considered to be a central defender who can play at LB rather than a natural LB. I mean - whit?

sorry didnt mean to seem like i was dissagreeing with you I agree with you completely :agree:

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Proof positive that you are a Yam wind up merchant. What management would that be then? The guy who just got bulleted?

LTYF

:jamboclow:trumpet:

Funny could have sworn the 19s had there own manager.

Think you have just been exposed as the yam/wind up merchant - or just someone who does not have a clue about Hibs.

Twa Cairpets
05-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Funny could have sworn the 19s had there own manager.

Plank. Their own coach - the first team coach/manager has overall jurisdiction over every footballer at the club.

Think you have just been exposed as the yam/wind up merchant - or just someone who does not have a clue about Hibs.

:top marks:faf::faf:

Marvellous. Outed after 35 years of attendance at ER and 1500 odd posts on here. My undercover work is complete.

You however, have been consistently spouting the most unadulterated bollox on almost every thread, getting a reaction (which, in fairness, you're quite good at), and essentially showing yourself to be either (a) a rather effective yam muppet getting his jollies - no problem with this btw, Ive been on JKB on and off stirring the pot every now and again when Ive been bored - or (b) a Hibby with some of the most ludicrous notions in the history of Hibbydom.

I hope for your sake its the former, otherwise you've a very bleak future being a Hibs fan

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Plank. Their own coach - the first team coach/manager has overall jurisdiction over every footballer at the club.

Are you stupid - the 19s managers will look after those players, read my post and you will probably realise I stated that they were responsible for looking after players - whilst the first team manager may observe and take players up, THE 19S MANAGER will be responsbile for there development as players.

Just think about it.

:top marks:faf::faf:

Marvellous. Outed after 35 years of attendance at ER and 1500 odd posts on here. My undercover work is complete.

As Andy Gray would say "take a bow son"

You however, have been consistently spouting the most unadulterated bollox on almost every thread, getting a reaction (which, in fairness, you're quite good at), and essentially showing yourself to be either (a) a rather effective yam muppet getting his jollies - no problem with this btw, Ive been on JKB on and off stirring the pot every now and again when Ive been bored - or (b) a Hibby with some of the most ludicrous notions in the history of Hibbydom.

You have the cheek to call others Yams and then openly admit running about there vile web site having a chat - have a word mate. I have always felt it was a little strange that any hibs fan takes such an interest in or city rivals team.

I hope for your sake its the former, otherwise you've a very bleak future being a Hibs fan

As for your view on me being a Hibs fan, you can have it, but I would prefer you kept it to yourself, think it is a little bit out of order that you question others support of a team - especially if you are basing it on your age and the fact you spend a lot of time on the internet.

In bold you uber Hibs fan you.

Twa Cairpets
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM
In bold you uber Hibs fan you

Are you stupid - the 19s managers will look after those players, read my post and you will probably realise I stated that they were responsible for looking after players - whilst the first team manager may observe and take players up, THE 19S MANAGER will be responsbile for there development as players.

Just think about it.

Thought about it.

Conclusion

you're still talking p!sh

As Andy Gray would say "take a bow son"
Thank you. I will.

You have the cheek to call others Yams and then openly admit running about there vile web site having a chat - have a word mate. I have always felt it was a little strange that any hibs fan takes such an interest in or city rivals team.

Thought you didnt know what JKB was?
But no matter.
Its always interesting to hear what your rivals think and what their delusions are. and its also fun to poke them with a stick every now and then. But then you're well aware of that.

As for your view on me being a Hibs fan, you can have it, but I would prefer you kept it to yourself

Nah. LTYF :jamboclow:trumpet:

...think it is a little bit out of order that you question others support of a team - especially if you are basing it on your age and the fact you spend a lot of time on the internet.

Nope. Basing it on your posts.

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Thought about it.

Conclusion

you're still talking p!sh

Well done, good focus on the point I made...sorry you didnt, but your comeback was really whitty!

Thank you. I will.

Make sure you dont fall over.

Thought you didnt know what JKB was?
But no matter.
Its always interesting to hear what your rivals think and what their delusions are. and its also fun to poke them with a stick every now and then. But then you're well aware of that.

If you say so, have very little interest in what they think, as for poking them with a stick, again I will leave that one with you.
Nah. LTYF :jamboclow:trumpet:

Nope. Basing it on your posts.

Well, that does not make much sense, showing support of a former Hibs manager, player and captain makes you a hearts fan? Again you clearly have your own formula for working that out - only circa 1,200 posts to go and I can be as big a hibs fan as you!

This could go on for a while!

Wotherspiniesta
30-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Another goal for Kurtis today :thumbsup: