Bamba
Murray (if fit, if not, Grounds)

Rankin
Miller
McBride
De Graff

Riordan
Nish

Murray back in to the team if fit to give a wee bit bite in there, knows what it means to play for the club, will battle to the end.
Rankin in for Wotherspoon, who else could i pick, Galbraith is not ready to start a game yet, not this game thats for sure.
Nish gets the nod again, last chance for him, hopefully he will get a lift from the killie fans booing him rather than putting his head down when the Hibs fans do it.

Diclonius
20-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Brown

Hart Bamba Dickoh Murray

de Graaf Miller McBride Galbraith

Trakys Riordan

The_Horde
20-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Brown

Hart
Dickho
Bamba

Rankin
Miller
McBride
De Graff

Riordan
Nish

Murray back in to the team if fit to give a wee bit bite in there, knows what it means to play for the club, will battle to the end.
Rankin in for Wotherspoon, who else could i pick, Galbraith is not ready to start a game yet, not this game thats for sure.
Nish gets the nod again, last chance for him, hopefully he will get a lift from the killie fans booing him rather than putting his head down when the Hibs fans do it.

I think that team could well do the business. I'd be tempted to put Hogg back in for Dickoh as (IMO) Hogg will have a point to prove and (again IMO) i've not been overly impressed with what i've seen from Dickoh so far although it is early doors.

silverhibee
20-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Brown

Hart Bamba Dickoh Murray

de Graaf Miller McBride Galbraith

Trakys Riordan

That was the team that first came to my mind, but cannot see Yogi starting with Galbraith, the manager doesn't trust him to do the defending side of things, and the reason i started with Nish, because i am clutching at straws with the rest of the squad, Trakys should start but the manager will go with Nish.

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Brown

Hart
Stephens
Dickoh
Grounds

De Graaf
Miller
Bamba
Galbraith

Nish
Deek

Wotherspiniesta
20-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Brown

Hart Dickoh Bamba Grounds

Miller McBride Rankin

Wotherspoon Riordan Galbraith

Wotherspoon and Galbraith tracking back when needed.

Judas Iscariot
20-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Brown

Hart Bamba Thicot Hanlon

De Graaf Miller Murray Galbraith

Nish Riordan

brydekirk
20-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Brown

Miller McBride Rankin

Wotherspoon Riordan Galbraith

Wotherspoon and Galbraith tracking back when needed.

like it :agree: wotherspoon needs to be played at RM or this young prospect will be ruined.

Wotherspiniesta
20-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Brown

Hart
Dickho
Bamba

Rankin
Miller
McBride
De Graff

Riordan
Nish

I know things are bad just now but I dont think we should resort to playing transsexuals quite yet!

Diclonius
20-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Brown

Hart
Dickho
Bamba

Rankin
Miller
McBride
De Graff

Riordan
Nish

Rankin is left sided and de Graaf is right sided - if you're using this team, would it not be better to switch them around?

The_Horde
20-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Rankin is left sided and de Graaf is right sided - if you're using this team, would it not be better to switch them around?

I think he does mean it that way.

Toaods
20-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Rankin was certainly the type that was needed on Saturday, although he Killie right back is a bit rash in the tackle so I'd like to see Galbraith taking him on from the start to look for at least getting him carded for fresh legs as the game goes on, possibility of extra time mind...:wink:

I'd also start Trackys with Nish coming on once the Lith starts running out of gas and the pace of the game has slowed down.

I'd also bring Lewis back in at left back, as Grounds looks burnt out already.

we need a bit more bite with it being the cup and rest assured they are playing well and we ain't, so we need a team that will go in where it hurts.

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Brown

Hart
Dickho
Bamba

Rankin
Miller
McBride
De Graff

Riordan
Nish

Agreed, decemt line up, I think our best starting 11. With Wotherspoon and Galbraith on the bench I think we have two players that could come on to change a game.

Grounds does not look up to much at left back, so reserve CH. Would always be tempted to have either Grounds to Hanlon at LB to allow Murray to go to left midfield with De Graff to bench.

Martin
20-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Murray will be out for a few games.

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Murray will be out for a few games.

Agreed, I think he will miss the next few. Have to say I dont think Grounds has contributed any more than Hanlon did. Murray back when fit, decision time for Yogi until then.

IMO Grounds looks like he could be a decent centre half. Yogi get him in the box when we are taking free kicks/corners, I think he has a decent chance of scoring and it would be nice for our CH to contribute a goal or two! Maybe in place of Bamba.

Chuckie
20-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Brown

Hart Dickoh Thicot Rankin

DeGraaf Miller Bamba Galbraith

Nish Riordan

PaulSmith
20-09-2010, 06:08 PM
You can perm any 11 of the 13/14 players that make an appearance each week, sadly I do not think that it will make one iota of difference on Wed night as we will be up against a team that will work for each other, get into Hibs faces, bully us in the middle of the park and also have that wee bit of magic in Eremenko or Taoul that will win the game.

I'll be amazed, and obviously delighted, if we are still in the cup draw come Wed evening.

Ritchie
20-09-2010, 06:15 PM
That was the team that first came to my mind, but cannot see Yogi starting with Galbraith, the manager doesn't trust him to do the defending side of things, and the reason i started with Nish, because i am clutching at straws with the rest of the squad, Trakys should start but the manager will go with Nish.

but yet he's played him left back on a few occassions..... :confused::confused:

Badge
20-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Brown

Miller McBride Rankin

De Graf

Nish Riordan

silverhibee
20-09-2010, 06:22 PM
but yet he's played him left back on a few occassions..... :confused::confused:

How do you think he done on these occasions.

Chuckie
20-09-2010, 06:26 PM

Like a poor mans Zarabi. :agree:

Hibs90
20-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Brown

Hart
Hogg
Dickoh
Grounds

Wotherspoon
Miller
Bamba
Galbraith

Trakys
Riordan

BT58
20-09-2010, 06:29 PM
You can perm any 11 of the 13/14 players that make an appearance each week, sadly I do not think that it will make one iota of difference on Wed night as we will be up against a team that will work for each other, get into Hibs faces, bully us in the middle of the park and also have that wee bit of magic in Eremenko or Taoul that will win the game.

I'll be amazed, and obviously delighted, if we are still in the cup draw come Wed evening.

if thats the case paul,,,,,why dont we play the u19s, at least they would play as a team:wink::wink::wink::greengrin

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Brown

Hart / Dichko / Bamba / Grounds (Murray as soon as available)
De Graff / McBride / Rankin

Miller

Nish / Riordan

Hamish
20-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Agree with the Galbraith statement, so seeing as we are struggling for goals and its the Mickey Mouse cup, why not try Riordan and Galbraith up front together?

He won"t though.

Ritchie
20-09-2010, 06:37 PM

as well as a left winger would be expected to play in that position.......

thats not the point i was tryin to make..... if yogi doesnt trust his defending skills, why has he played him there before??.... makes no sense to me... saying that, not much that yogi does makes sense to me!!

galbraith should be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet IMO!! :agree:

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Agree with the Galbraith statement, so seeing as we are struggling for goals and its the Mickey Mouse cup, why not try Riordan and Galbraith up front together?

He won"t though.

Cant see that happening, saw how much he disappeared / got pushed off the ball on saturday, paying him up against a defence will give him no chance, I would say in behind the strikers but think he would go missing. A better balanced midfield and stronger full back behind him will allow him to push/find a hole on rather than get involved in fighting with defenders.

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 06:39 PM
as well as a left winger would be expected to play in that position.......

thats not the point i was tryin to make..... if yogi doesnt trust his defending skills, why has he played him there before??.... makes no sense to me... saying that, not much that yogi does makes sense to me!!

galbraith should be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet IMO!! :agree:

One of the first names?! Half a pint of whatever you are having will probably more than do!

Hamish
20-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Just thought their central defenders looked slow yesterday and it may be an option to push him up through the middle - they are at home and will have to push forward and DG is our only forward player with any real pace - balls over the top, etc?.

But I agree the manager won't do it

silverhibee
20-09-2010, 06:48 PM

He won"t though.

No he won't.

Wotherspiniesta
20-09-2010, 06:49 PM

He won"t though.

I was thinking about Galbraith as a supporting striker but I dont think it would work with Riordan. He'd need to play with a striker who can win a few headers so he could use his pace to get behind defences.

Something like Sproule feeding off headers from Garry O in that Ibrox mauling a few years back....ahh...memories.

Dirkster23
20-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Brown
Stephens Dickoh Bamba
Hart DeGraaf McBride Miller Grounds
Nish Riordan

Ritchie
20-09-2010, 07:00 PM
One of the first names?! Half a pint of whatever you are having will probably more than do!

how not like??

only player in the squad who takes players on and gets you on the edge of your seat.

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 09:29 PM
how not like??

only player in the squad who takes players on and gets you on the edge of your seat.

What a short memory you must have - how many players were getting taken on saturday past? How often were you on the edge of your seat?

How many times has he been first name on the team sheet in the two seasons he has been there? What has happened to make you think he should therefore now be one of the first ones on?

Definatly in the squad, and in time he may works his way in there....but now - no. Sorry, thats ridiculous.

BSEJVT
21-09-2010, 06:44 AM
What a short memory you must have - how many players were getting taken on saturday past? How often were you on the edge of your seat?

How many times has he been first name on the team sheet in the two seasons he has been there? What has happened to make you think he should therefore now be one of the first ones on?

Definatly in the squad, and in time he may works his way in there....but now - no. Sorry, thats ridiculous.

Yes and no.

I dont think he is ready to start yet.

But to judge him on Saturday's performance when he set up Nish's "goal" and then rather bizarrely seemed to spend the rest of the match playing cente midfield isnt IMO fair to the laddie.

Ritchie
21-09-2010, 08:53 AM

aye, very good Yogi.

i missed the game on saturday as i was away for the september weekend so cant comment, but i was at the inverness game.... and galbraith did look exciting when he came on.... much better than some of the dross who get picked every week.

we're going to get no where if we dont make changes.

Galbraith hasnt been given a proper chance.... thats the only ridiculous thing here.

if yogi keeps being stubborn and playing the same predictable useless team every week, we'll be playing 1st division football next season.

bingo70
21-09-2010, 08:59 AM
aye, very good Yogi.

i missed the game on saturday as i was away for the september weekend so cant comment, but i was at the inverness game.... and galbraith did look exciting when he came on.... much better than some of the dross who get picked every week.

Galbraith hasnt been given a proper chance.... thats the only ridiculous thing here.

if yogi keeps being stubborn and playing the same predictable useless team every week, we'll be playing 1st division football next season.

Galbraith got most of the game on saturday and couldn't get involved at all.

There's a player in there, however i think at this stage in his development being used as an impact sub when defenders have tired legs is the right way to go.

Expecting Rain
21-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Brown

hart,dickoh,hanlon,grounds

riordan,bamba,miller,murray

galbraith

nish

eastmainsmsh
21-09-2010, 12:11 PM
3-4-3

brown

stephens,dickoh,murray

hart,degraff,bamba,wotherspoon

miller,galbaraith

riordan

Andy74
21-09-2010, 12:17 PM
aye, very good Yogi.

Hughes addressed this Galbraith thing during the week.

He said he works with him every day, we have to remember he didn't play football for almost 2 years before he arrived here due to injury (2 pretty critical learning years). He's getting there and will soon be ready to start more games.

I think Galbraith has been handled in exactly the right way and we'll start to see him get better and get more game time, just as he has been getting.

IWasThere2016
21-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd rather we play 4-4-2 with Deeks up front, but Killie look decent in midfield and our lack of goals means we need to keep it tight - hence I'd play two sitting CMs personally.

................................... Broon
.. Hart .............. Dickoh ........... Bamba ............... Murray

........................ McBride ........... Thicot/De Graaf

... Deeks ....................... Miller ............................. Danny

...................................... Nish

Perhaps even Hanlon in and Bamba beside McBride??? Is IM fit?

Not an easy call for Yogi tomorrow night IMHO.

Hibby 2005
21-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Brown,
Hart, Dicky Bird, Bamba, Murray
Wotherspoon, Currie, Miller, Galbraith
Tracky Boy, Riordan

We're Donald Ducked whatever happens so why not show a bit more adventure Yogi?

ahibby
21-09-2010, 02:24 PM
I hope Yogi sticks with Nish and Deek up front because Tracky boy has to be used as a sub until he gets used to things. Nish knows the game in Scotland. Start with the same team as Saturday except Galbraith for Spoony and if Spoony is fit then bring him on later if Galbraith isn't working out. The more they play together in competitive matches the better so few changes as possible please.

gackohibs
21-09-2010, 02:46 PM
...................................Brown.......... .........................

Hart..............Stephens...............Dickoh... .........Grounds

.................Bamba........................Murr ay...................

...Wotherspoon................Miller.............. .......Galbraith..

....................................Deek.......... .........................

Stack, Hanlon, De Graff, McBride, Nish

Thats my team if i was gaffer. Bit of Attacking width with strength at the back.

SteveHFC
21-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Bamba
Grounds

De Graaf
Miller
Murray
Galbraith

Riordan
Trakys

bongo'd
21-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Brown

Dickoh Hogg

Hart Bamba McBride Galbraith

Miller

De Graff Riordan

Nish

Albion Hibs
21-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Yes and no.

I dont think he is ready to start yet.

But to judge him on Saturday's performance when he set up Nish's "goal" and then rather bizarrely seemed to spend the rest of the match playing cente midfield isnt IMO fair to the laddie.

Was not judging him on saturday and ruling him out, just making the point he is currently a long way from being one of the first names on the team sheet.

With the hertz now out the pain/hangover of the footballing seems a little less - ridiculous i know.

Come on Hibs tomorrow night is a must, part of me has a feeling playing away from home may actually help us this season.

My team for humping Killie tomorrow would be;

Brown
Hart / Dichko / Bamba / Hanlon
De Graff / McBride / Miller / Rankin
Nish / Riordan

When Murray is back i would either slot him in front of Hanlon / in place of him. Have to say that I feel a bit sorry for him, did his best against Motherwell, rungers and St Mirren.

Alternatively Grounds left mid with Rankin replacing De Graff.

Betty Boop
22-09-2010, 11:29 AM
According to the BBC, Deek and Wotherspoon are injury doubts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/9013906.stm

herdy
22-09-2010, 11:39 AM

I have to agree with this.

Something we as a team have just not got at the moment, fighting spirit.

Killie are on a high at the moment and by all accounts are playing decent stuff. I don't have much confidence in us doing much there tonight.

I expect it to be a difficult game for us to get into, and i just don't feel we have enough fighters in there to get anything from the game. We need Murray back in the team as soon as possible, one of his tackles on the touch line sending the opposition player into row three would get the blood pumping !!!

Sandy
22-09-2010, 12:34 PM
According to the BBC, Deek and Wotherspoon are injury doubts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/9013906.stm

FFS we are truly donald ducked if Deeks is out :boo hoo:

Betty Boop
22-09-2010, 12:38 PM
FFS we are truly donald ducked if Deeks is out :boo hoo:

Indeed.

Johnny_Leith
22-09-2010, 01:06 PM
4-5-1 when without the ball, 4-3-3 when going forward. Murray into midfield to help out Grounds as Riordan is better utalised going forward. Nish isn't the best at holding the ball up but hopefully we should be able to hold the ball in midfield a bit to relieve some of the pressure.

Brown

McBride Miller Murray*

Wotherspoon* Riordan*

Nish
Subs:
Smith
Stevenson
Reebok Trakys
De Graaf
Galbraith

* if none/some of those are fit then replacements can be: Spoon/De Graaf Deek/Galbraith Murray/Stevenson

Brooster
22-09-2010, 01:25 PM
I cannot believe some folk still have Thicot in their team, they surely cannot be watching Hibs regularly, each to their own I suppose.

Brown
De Graff Miller McBride Rankin
Riordan Nish

jws1875
22-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Brown

Hart Stephens Bamba Grounds

Miller McBride Rankin

Nish Riordan Galbraith