PDA

View Full Version : NHC Dundee in big trouble?

PaulSmith
20-09-2010, 11:38 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9015786.stm

Funny looking at the related stories down the side of the BBC report it makes interesting reading and you could draw comparisons with other Scottish clubs...

Seriously though, administration again and it's like "so what" lets start again in the world of football

Andy74
20-09-2010, 12:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9015786.stm

Funny looking at the related stories down the side of the BBC report it makes interesting reading and you could draw comparisons with other Scottish clubs...

Seriously though, administration again and it's like "so what" lets start again in the world of football

Always thought, and said on here that this would happen again when they started chucking the cash about.

It's never worked. We need to make sure there's not such easy ways out for these teams though.

Woody1985
20-09-2010, 12:09 PM
It always looked like the gamble was to invest so much to 'guarentee' to get to the SPL and financies would then start to look after themseleves. Much in the same way as Romanov's first season.

Once it fails, you're screwed on the money front.

H18sry
20-09-2010, 12:19 PM
How much for Griffiths now :devil:

Part/Time Supporter
20-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Always thought, and said on here that this would happen again when they started chucking the cash about.

It's never worked. We need to make sure there's not such easy ways out for these teams though.

What's the alternative though? If DFC were driven out of business - not before time I might add - then all that would happen is that some of their fans would form a team that would go into the juniors, some club with no real potential will be admitted to the SFL (ala Elgin or Annan) and at least 2,000 regular punters would be lost to the game. I can't see them going across the street somehow.

Sylar
20-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Melville has no further interest in the director's role, but that doesn't mean he won't continue to invest in the club.

They're not in troubled waters. Yet.

Phil D. Rolls
20-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Why not go back to an 18 team top league, playing each other twice a year? Can it be any worse than things are now?

CentreLine
20-09-2010, 06:40 PM
What's the alternative though? If DFC were driven out of business - not before time I might add - then all that would happen is that some of their fans would form a team that would go into the juniors, some club with no real potential will be admitted to the SFL (ala Elgin or Annan) and at least 2,000 regular punters would be lost to the game. I can't see them going across the street somehow.

Fair enough about the present fans, or at least most of them. It is the next generation that DU would benefit from.

Kaiser1962
20-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Thats a fair point. But overall clubs are almost encouraged to spend beyond their means. I saw Mixu (a guy I still really like) having a wee dig, although he stopped short of naming Rod but its universally assumed thats who he meant, at Hibs finances and the constraints he was working under which denied him getting in the players he wanted. Is the suggestion that hibs should have went into debt to fund his spending? Apparently he can do it now at Kilmarnock, whose chairman wants govt. money, so it makes you wonder what the benefits are, if any, of running your football club in a prudent fiscal manner saving yourself from the "perils" , whatever they are, of administration.

IWasThere2016
20-09-2010, 07:32 PM
I didnae read any mention of administration in that piece.

IIRC, Melville holds the contracts of Griffiths and Harkins - he apparently pays their wages anyway.