PDA

View Full Version : Today's Evening News

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 11:29 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Yogi-calls-on-Hibs-fans.6540060.jp

To a degree, I actually agree with Yogi....

On another day De Graaf would have taken those chances, Deek wouldn't have hit the woodwork with his penalty and that freekick would have went in...

We need to (IMO) rally round and back the team as a whole, starting on Wednesday night...

Godsahibby
20-09-2010, 11:40 AM
On another day Rooneys effort would have gone in off the post or Hasselbank would have taken his chance better, the fact of the matter is we were out played, out fought and out thought at home by two relegation candidates.

Sammy7nil
20-09-2010, 11:42 AM
on a nother day In 1979 McCloy would not have saved Campbells last minute strike and we would have won the Cup

He did save it though.

Deeks did miss the Pen, De Graff did miss the sitters, DeGraff does look very poor compared to what we expected.

Yogi has no plan B EVER

Yogi has had a long time to sort this terrible run about 8 months and shows no signs that he can turn it around. In fact it is getting worse.

If we lose to Killie in the cup and get humped from Celtic Yogi is a dead man walking.

Crowds of 8,000 will kill him and believe me that is where we are heading

MSK
20-09-2010, 11:44 AM

On another day De Graaf would have taken those chances, Deek wouldn't have hit the woodwork with his penalty and that freekick would have went in...

We need to (IMO) rally round and back the team as a whole, starting on Wednesday night...You dont win games based on assumption Gramo the reality is we can score one..we can even score two but as a team we have no clue, we have no shape, no determination and we have no balls ..we lack leadership from the Management down, we have no steel in the team ..we are weak throughout and sadly once too often we lie on our backs and get our belly's tickled ..

Opposition Managers know how to play us because we are one dimensional and all the above ..makes poor reading ..we can if and but till the cows come home but we have to face the facts ..we are getting it all wrong..somewhere ..somehow ..

herdy
20-09-2010, 11:48 AM
When we started well last season, we still didn't look that good. we then got beat 3-0 by rangers. By my reckoning we have gone 20 games in the scottish domestic scene with just 4 wins !!!!!!!!

Sorry YOGI but this is just simply not good enough.

I don't think i'm wrong in saying every hibby wants yogi to succeed, but at present it's looking bad !!!!!

I don't think Yogi will be with us much longer.

Beefster
20-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I hate managers bleating on about 'bad luck' as it signifies that the manager doesn't think there is a problem. "Och, never mind the two record-breaking runs of consecutive defeats and failing to win at home this year. We've just been unlucky and once our luck turns we'll be rocking".

There's no such thing as luck and I don't recall Hughes saying in the first half of last year, "Aye, we were awful but, whoof, did we not half get lucky to win it".

PISTOL1875
20-09-2010, 11:51 AM
When we started well last season, we still didn't look that good. we then got beat 3-0 by rangers. By my reckoning we have gone 20 games in the scottish domestic scene with just 4 wins !!!!!!!!

Sorry YOGI but this is just simply not good enough.

I don't think i'm wrong in saying every hibby wants yogi to succeed, but at present it's looking bad !!!!!

I don't think Yogi will be with us much longer.

You're right we didn't.. we stumbled from game to game getting results but the warning signs were there.. We rode our luck and got out of jail many many times...

Every HIbby wants Hughes and every player to do well but if they aren't good enough , you have to put your personal feelings to one side and the team must come first...

lyonhibs
20-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I hate managers bleating on about 'bad luck' as it signifies that the manager doesn't think there is a problem. "Och, never mind the two record-breaking runs of consecutive defeats and failing to win at home this year. We've just been unlucky and once our luck turns we'll be rocking".

There's no such thing as luck and I don't recall Hughes saying in the first half of last year, "Aye, we were awful but, whoof, did we not half get lucky to win it".

:top marks

"Bad luck" can be trotted out as a reason for the odd isolated incident in these games. "Good luck" could also be given as a reason why the chances that came ICT/Hamilton's way didn't ripple the back of our net.

As you say re: the beginning of last season, where I often left ER scratching my head and wondering "how the ****** did we win that one", Yogi can't have his cake and eat it with regards to how he uses "luck" as his get-out clause.

Hibby 2005
20-09-2010, 12:24 PM

We need to (IMO) rally round and back the team as a whole, starting on Wednesday night...

Rangers would probably still have beaten us even if De Graaf had scored.

Beaten away by St. Mirren and complaining of missed chances at home to ICT and Hamilton is desperate stuff IMHO. These are games where you expect to hit the post/bar and miss the odd penalty on the way to a comfortable win. What excuses will he come up with when Celtic brush us aside? He's running out of time and blaming everything and everybody but himself.

Phil D. Rolls
20-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Bad luck is what people blame when they can't see the real reasons for their failure. If they did they would change, but they think everything they are doing is right, so they reason it must be something else.

Eg, if it wasn't for getting caught shoplifting I'd be out on the town - you just have to say I'm unlucky. (No if it wasn't for you shoplifting you would be out on the town).

greenlex
20-09-2010, 01:01 PM
This bad luck should only buy him a wee bit time to see if HIS team can gel. I don't see anything changing but only time will tell. I reckon the end of octiber should be enough. If HIS team are not on the right path by then then it's time up. What's more he should be told that.

Golden Bear
20-09-2010, 01:12 PM

:agree:

He's grasping at straws. Sure sign of a desperate man.

greenlex
20-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I wonder if he is so desperate as he has been given a timeline fir turning it round? Fingers crossed.

mcfly
20-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I wonder if he is so desperate as he has been given a timeline fir turning it round? Fingers crossed.

thats unfair - sounds as though you want us to lose so he gets he emptied.

i dont like yogi either, his interviews are awful, the players dont respect him or wont play for him, something is very wrong.

miller needs dropped he is lazy and contributes nil, byrne needs recalled and given his chance, murray is needed in midfield and the players need to stand up and be counted.

greenlex
20-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Mcfly nothing could be further from me wanting him to fail. I hope he has been told so that he knows the board do not have infinate patience with him. It may just focus his attention on results and get him time to do whatever it us he is trying to do successfuly. I don't think he will but he should know what is required and by when.

Chuckie
20-09-2010, 02:32 PM
He'll be gone Thursday morning after Killie dump us out the cup...

Bring back John Collins..

HibbyAndy
20-09-2010, 02:37 PM

:agree:

Gareth Evans as number 2 :cool2:

Diclonius
20-09-2010, 02:56 PM

:bitchy:

The only reason JC doesn't get as much abuse as Mixu, Blobby et al is because he opted to run instead of stay put when the cracks were starting to show.

If I remember correctly in his last game we were in the middle of an appalling run of no wins at home for months, and had just been outplayed in a 1-1 draw against a bottom six team - Yogi's Falkirk.

Sound familiar?

Chuckie
20-09-2010, 03:37 PM
:bitchy:

The only reason JC doesn't get as much abuse as Mixu, Blobby et al is because he opted to run instead of stay put when the cracks were starting to show.

If I remember correctly in his last game we were in the middle of an appalling run of no wins at home for months, and had just been outplayed in a 1-1 draw against a bottom six team - Yogi's Falkirk.

Sound familiar?

Cos of asshole egomaniac players who didn't know what was good for them..

Remember going to Fir Park with JC, scoring 6 and WINNING 6-1.

Sound familiar?

el capitano
20-09-2010, 04:51 PM

the report does tell a better story about the game than it told last week, we just have not been getting any luck at all, the look on nishy's face in the grant stott page says it all to me.
we are empty on confidence and nothings going for us, liam millers header, dereks free kick and half volley in the 2nd half, the NOT offside dissallowed goal and the fortunate hamilton goal have done us no favours at all.

our fans wont accept this as bad luck and i understand this 100%, i like to look at the positives because whatever happens im still going to be spending my saturday afternoons watching hibs whatever we do, but the fans report are blaming the usual scapegoats again, i sometimes wonder why they want there reports in the local paper.

theres a good few fans reports there and i cant remember anyone saying that the defending was bad, miller missed a sitter, derek wasted the ball etc etc, oh well anyway half day on wednesday for the worst journey to a match in scotland, i hope we get a little bit luck to make the journey home more pleasant.

Albion Hibs
20-09-2010, 05:07 PM
More to the point how did Grounds get a 7!

persevere1875
20-09-2010, 05:13 PM
We definitely have no shape..Or not that makes any sense to me anyway.I'd give a few quid to Yogi's favourite charity for the privilage of sitting him down and saying "Right. Explain to me what your tactics/game plan was there and explain to me why it didn't work and what you did about it when you saw it wasn't working"?
A big thing for me is that there's no movement and a lot of the time there's no positive pass available because of that.

Any chance of ever getting Yogi to come on here and explain, sure there would be a lot of supporters who would gladly donate for the chance to ask the man a few questions re the tactics he chooses to employ at present

Baader
20-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Seems Yogi will use every excuse available before even beginning to wonder if he may be a contributing factor toward our poor form. Always smack a bit of desperation when you hear an under pressure manager trot out these type of lines.

I had my doubts about Hughes as an appointment but was totally behind him and thought early last season he really was going to do a great job for us. Sad to think there can't be many left who still think that. I think he actually has a really good eye for a player but then doesn't know how to use them once he's got them. In my mind, no better a manager than Mixu. Less so probably. Mixu somehow managed to take a depleted team to Tynie and come away with the points - something that seems unthinkable under Hughes right now.

Eganov
20-09-2010, 11:08 PM
On the same note...on another day we wouldn't have got the sloppy backpass
For the goal either. Your not pulling the wool over
Anyones eyes here yogi

Chuckie
21-09-2010, 06:17 AM
On the same note...on another day we wouldn't have got the sloppy backpass
For the goal either. Your not pulling the wool over
Anyones eyes here yogi

As much as that goal was fortuitous, I think a lot of credit has to go to Deek. He is excellent at anticipating the defensive passback. He has that predatory, goalscoring instinct.

AndersonGGTTH
21-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Rangers would probably still have beaten us even if De Graaf had scored.

Beaten away by St. Mirren and complaining of missed chances at home to ICT and Hamilton is desperate stuff IMHO. These are games where you expect to hit the post/bar and miss the odd penalty on the way to a comfortable win. What excuses will he come up with when Celtic brush us aside? He's running out of time and blaming everything and everybody but himself.

That i have to disagree with , te game was all one way traffic and wouldof been to our advantage defo:agree:

Jack
21-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Bad luck is having 10+ shots on target, hitting the woodwork and missing penalties etc.
Not playing well is when a team only manages 3 shots on target and from an outsiders view were a bit lucky to get that!

basehibby
21-09-2010, 07:05 AM
On another day Rooneys effort would have gone in off the post or Hasselbank would have taken his chance better, the fact of the matter is we were out played, out fought and out thought at home by two relegation candidates.

Hardly outplayed although maybe out fought - far from convincing stuff though.

basehibby
21-09-2010, 07:13 AM
This bad luck should only buy him a wee bit time to see if HIS team can gel. I don't see anything changing but only time will tell. I reckon the end of octiber should be enough. If HIS team are not on the right path by then then it's time up. What's more he should be told that.

:agree: If new signings are going to gel and performances improve we should have seen it by then.

Phil D. Rolls
21-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Bad luck is having 10+ shots on target, hitting the woodwork and missing penalties etc.
Not playing well is when a team only manages 3 shots on target and from an outsiders view were a bit lucky to get that!

:agree: Luck evens itself out over time anyway, the stats for the last12 months speak for themselves.

Holmesdale Hibs
21-09-2010, 10:05 AM

I agree with this to some extent. It also looked to me that Nish was onside.

The first De Graff 'miss' was unlucky as most defenders would never have made that tackle. The second was a bad miss.

Having said that we were lucky not to be 3-0 down at half time against Motherwell. As has been said, luck evens itself out.

We're probably due some good luck this season but there are other less random variables that need to be fixed.