PDA

View Full Version : Admit Defeat

Wellbankhibby
20-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I have supported Hibs for over 40 years through good and bad and I never shout for the head of managers or current players. I have openly supported yogi and I suppose like most fans was delighted when he became manager. I dont like the idea of sacking the manager but I have to admit defeat and say that there is something gravely wrong at our club. I think the board have to take part of the blame as we continually offload our best players and very rarely we replace them with good quality. Im afraid the board will act and Yogi will be removed from his post and if this were to happen I would give mogga the job or failing this what about Paul Elliot he used to summarize on italian football and made a lot of sense and tactical knowhow.
before all the moaners start to post that he has had no managerial experience I would say you only get the experience by being given the opportunity. As for so called supporters booing yogi and certain players ie ( Colin Nish) it is a disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourselves. You may say that you pay your money and your entitled to shout or voice your opinion but all you are really doing is to continue to put additional pressure on the team. Why Oh Why cant we all stick together and support the manager and the Whole Team. :confused:

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 10:45 AM
I have supported Hibs for over 40 years through good and bad and I never shout for the head of managers or current players. I have openly supported yogi and I suppose like most fans was delighted when he became manager. I dont like the idea of sacking the manager but I have to admit defeat and say that there is something gravely wrong at our club. I think the board have to take part of the blame as we continually offload our best players and very rarely we replace them with good quality. Im afraid the board will act and Yogi will be removed from his post and if this were to happen I would give mogga the job or failing this what about Paul Elliot he used to summarize on italian football and made a lot of sense and tactical knowhow.
before all the moaners start to post that he has had no managerial experience I would say you only get the experience by being given the opportunity. As for so called supporters booing yogi and certain players ie ( Colin Nish) it is a disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourselves. You may say that you pay your money and your entitled to shout or voice your opinion but all you are really doing is to continue to put additional pressure on the team. Why Oh Why cant we all stick together and support the manager and the Whole Team. :confused:

Because sadly there's sections of our support that are phannies who take great pleasure in berating and destroying the confidence of our players.

I think we need to get an experienced manager in rather than another inexperienced manager. Also shouldn't have any Hibs connections either

Houchy
20-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Because sadly there's sections of our support that are phannies who take great pleasure in berating and destroying the confidence of our players.

I think we need to get an experienced manager in rather than another inexperienced manager. Also shouldn't have any Hibs connections either

Now there's a novel idea. How come no one's come up with this little gem already:confused:

Hibercelona
20-09-2010, 02:31 PM

Aye, thats right. They're phannies.

About 80% of the support are apparently "phannies".

You tell me how better off the team would be without these "phannies" plumping in their hard earned cash every season?

And what does the club have to show for it?

The people running the club are the "phannies" not the supporters.

The club would be nothing without its "phanny" supporters.

The_Horde
20-09-2010, 02:33 PM

You tell me how better off the team would be without these "phannies" plumping in their hard earned cash every season?

95% :wink:

PeeJay
20-09-2010, 02:51 PM

Wait a minute... Turnbull - he had Hibs connections, didn't he? So it's not necessarily anything to do with having or not having Hibs connections, surely? If he's the right man for the job then that's it! Experience though, I'll give you that - ET had managerial experience! :greengrin Experience doesn't come cheap though ... is that a problem then I wonder?

Houchy
20-09-2010, 03:13 PM

I think we'd all be absolutely delighted if we could do that but being 1 point, YES 1 POINT off the bottom of the league having played NO ONE and not looking like having any improvement, I think we PHANNIES are quite right to start showing and voicing our displeasure at how things are going.

I really admire how you happy clappers can keep on with this "get behind the team" p1sh but when you've watched, supported and loved hibs for as long as I have, which in comparison to some on here is not long (25 years), it's bloody frustrating, nay painful, to watch.

bawheid
20-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I think we'd all be absolutely delighted if we could do that but being 1 point, YES 1 POINT off the bottom of the league having played NO ONE:confused: and not looking like having any improvement, I think we PHANNIES are quite right to start showing and voicing our displeasure at how things are going.

I really admire how you happy clappers can keep on with this "get behind the team" p1sh but when you've watched, supported and loved hibs for as long as I have, which in comparison to some on here is not long (25 years), it's bloody frustrating, nay painful, to watch.

Happy clappers? Come on now, you're better than that.

mcfly
20-09-2010, 03:27 PM

well this "phanny" as you so bravely call us from behind your keyboard is paying £420 for the privelidge of watching yogi's dross.

they were quite happy to take all the plaudits last season when things went well, now they cannae take it.

Hibs are rubbish end of, results dont lie, 4 wins in 25 is relegation form so if you want to cheer on that rubbish each week, good luck cause this "phanny" has had enough of Yogi and the dross that he spouts.

we need a new man at the helm, what bothers me is how quiet the board are being, give him backing or bin him, the fans deserve some news on what is going on

basehibby
20-09-2010, 04:41 PM

It's nothing like 80% (more like about 8%) but sometimes it sounds like it - and that's the problem for me - many of the phannies that boo would splutter with shock at the very concept of making some noise to SUPPORT the team - give them something to moan about though and there's no stopping 'em. Result= net negative effect on the general atmosphere.

Also - said phannies can be identified as such by tendencies to boo only particular individuals the second they are perceived (often incorrectly) to have made an error - no matter what contribution said player has made up to that point in the game they will still get booed.

The same phannies will sit silently as players viewed in a more favourable light have an absolute stinker - not saying they should boo these players as well, but this shows how some so called supporters go along to games with the express intention of booing certain individuals. Nish for example would probably have to score a hatrick in every game to shut some folk up.
De Graff is another who some have already made their minds up about - as a result he was booed by a collection of morons on saturday who evidently refused to acknowledge the steady improvement I saw compared to previous games.

So - there you have it - as far as I can see these people are getting off lightly to be merely labelled as phannies - I know they pay their money and care a lot about the club, but so do I and so do many other Hibs fans who find this whole booing players during the game tendency weak and destructive as well as very very stupid.

MrSmith
20-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Well, blow me! (not in a sexual sense unless female!) :wink: Hey imagine this: £2000 per week.boooooo, boooo, hiss, boooo booo, hiss...Ya big lump o *****e booooo...yer aw numpties...boooo.

£2000 per week, hmm let me think?? I love my job those phannies on the terraces dinnae bother me!

Ye cannae take it get out of the game.

Chuckie
20-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Cos we've got a manager who's about as useful as Anne Franks drumkit.
:rolleyes:

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 04:56 PM

80%? bahahahahahahaha!

There's no 80% of our support booing....or shouting things like 'your a ****in idiot Nish'....so behave yourself :bye::bye::bye:

If you think that berating a player is clever, then you need to give yourself a shake and a swift blow to your brain.

80%...oh my sides.....:faf::faf:

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2010, 05:24 PM
a thing that confuses me is , if a player or players put in a poor shift on the park, what are you, (yes thats us, the fans) meant to do?

shrugg our shoulders?

smile and wave?
shrugg and smile?

shrugg and have the attitude its ok no harm done lets go home?

cheer the players off the park?
give a standing ovation?
shout your doing a great job x(whatever player who has had a bad game or games)

Wellbankhibby
20-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I think we'd all be absolutely delighted if we could do that but being 1 point, YES 1 POINT off the bottom of the league having played NO ONE and not looking like having any improvement, I think we PHANNIES are quite right to start showing and voicing our displeasure at how things are going.

If you really love the team get behind both them and the manager. The board are well aware if things are not working out as are we supporters. get a grip of yourself and give them backing if yas you say you love hibs.

Ray_
20-09-2010, 05:50 PM
If you really love the team get behind both them and the manager. The board are well aware if things are not working out as are we supporters. get a grip of yourself and give them backing if yas you say you love hibs.

You are talking as though this problem is new, forty years ago players like Colin Grant, Melvyn Jones and John Hazel were the targets, this has gone on at ER for at least the time you have been following Hibs, even the Chairman [Bill Harrower] was getting stick then.

Sometimes [and I mean sometimes], individual abuse stops when we are playing well [but this is very rare]. When the team are playing as badly as we have over the last two or three years, things get to the level it is today at matches.

tamig
20-09-2010, 07:14 PM
80%? bahahahahahahaha!

There's no 80% of our support booing....or shouting things like 'your a ****in idiot Nish'....so behave yourself :bye::bye::bye:

If you think that berating a player is clever, then you need to give yourself a shake and a swift blow to your brain.

80%...oh my sides.....:faf::faf:

Agree totally. I have never understood the booers who constantly get on the backs of individual players. Just don't get that at all. We do have more than our fair share but 80% is total pish. There do seem to be a fair portion of the .netters who form part of that bunch though.

Houchy
20-09-2010, 07:34 PM

I've tried that since flipping March but we are now the s*** at the bottom of the barrel, no wait, there is a load of s*** at the bottom of the barrel... then us.

Read through my previous posts in support of Yogi, Alan (he'll come good eventually) O'Brien and stood up to all that ridicule to still be sat here with NO progress whatsoever.

Sorry, but for me, until some action is taken, we're seeing as good as we're going to get.

I'll add on my token "I hope I'm proved wrong" but I really cannot seeing me being anywhere near wrong on this one unfortunately:boo hoo:.

He is a clueless, useless, clown:agree:

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I've tried that since flipping March but we are now the s*** at the bottom of the barrel, no wait, there is a load of s*** at the bottom of the barrel... then us.

Read through my previous posts in support of Yogi, Alan (he'll come good eventually) O'Brien and stood up to all that ridicule to still be sat here with NO progress whatsoever.

Sorry, but for me, until some action is taken, we're seeing as good as we're going to get.

I'll add on my token "I hope I'm proved wrong" but I really cannot seeing me being anywhere near wrong on this one unfortunately:boo hoo:.

He is a clueless, useless, clown:agree:

wow personal insults on the manager....

He may not be the man for the job...but thats a bit OTT

Houchy
20-09-2010, 09:50 PM
wow personal insults on the manager....

He may not be the man for the job...but thats a bit OTT

So what have you seen on the park, or anywhere else for that matter, since Feb/March that shows that he has what it takes.

If he has some masterplan or semblence of a clue, he's doing well to hide it while sucking in people like you.:agree:

You need to wipe the beans oot your eyes son.

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 09:56 PM
So what have you seen on the park, or anywhere else for that matter, since Feb/March that shows that he has what it takes.

If he has some masterplan or semblence of a clue, he's doing well to hide it while sucking in people like you.:agree:

You need to wipe the beans oot your eyes son.

I'm no talking about that...

I'm talking about referring to Manager's as idiots or clowns.....

IWasThere2016
20-09-2010, 09:57 PM

Is that any different to Yogi's insulting the support, G?

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Is that any different to Yogi's insulting the support, G?

He's no as far as I recall called the fans 'idiots' or 'clowns'....

Its like Mixu all over again with the petty name calling....

loada pish as usual from people on here

Houchy
20-09-2010, 10:00 PM

Well, i'll leave it to you to call him the messiah or whatever the hell you want to call him but a football manger he never will be.

Edit: I have to apologise to Tommy Cooper (RIP) who could have been refered to as a loveable idiot and also a clown. No offence Tommy.:agree:

Houchy
20-09-2010, 10:09 PM
He's no as far as I recall called the fans 'idiots' or 'clowns'....

Its like Mixu all over again with the petty name calling....

loada pish as usual from people on here

Gramo in keyboard hardman shocker:yawn:

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Gramo in keyboard hardman shocker:yawn:

bahahahahaha!

i'm no the one calling people clowns over the internet :yawn:

Houchy
20-09-2010, 10:28 PM
bahahahahaha!

No, but you're saying me that all us people voicing out against the team is "the usual Colin Nish from people on here"

I'd quite happily say it to his face. I aint scared of no clowns. Now I'm off as I'm fed up feeding your post count while listening to your innane drivell.

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I'd quite happily say it to his face. I aint scared of no clowns. Now I'm off as I'm fed up feeding your post count while listening to your innane drivell.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:
:dummytit::dummytit:

Big Frank
20-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Deary me Gramo.

RIP
21-09-2010, 09:58 AM
One thing I realised pretty early on

Rod Petrie, Scott Lindsay and Yogi don't give a tuppeny curse what's said on messageboards. It's not real life - just folk wi nothing better to do slavering a lot of crap - me included :wink:

However the players and management team are actively pissed off wi a minority of spectators who boo their own team. As are the majority of the rest of us supporters. I think that silent majority are ready to start doing something about it, not just prattling on the internet.

The only way we will do that is by making it unacceptable to abuse the Hibees.

By the end of the season we will have rebuilt the gantry section in the new East - initially at the top of Section 43

There is a small but growing Hibs12thMan campaign underway. They have (I understand) an ongoing dialogue with the club and support from club management.

It's only a matter of time before the boo boys start up and they are out-shouted by the Singing Section

However we cannot guarantee that this will be the outcome. It will only happen if fellow supporters become active, move seats over to the Singing Section and work with like-minded individuals to improve the atmosphere and back the team

C'mon guys and gals - stand up and be counted!:notworthy:

aberhibsfc
21-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Cos we've got a manager who's about as useful as Anne Franks drumkit.
:rolleyes:

:faf:

Baw Baggio
21-09-2010, 05:21 PM
bahahahahaha!

True, you call them phannies and ***** :confused:

steakbake
21-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I thought the telling thing in the Hamilton game was how with say 10 minutes to go, it was 1-1 and there was a lack of buzz about the place.

I've been at ER more times than I can count and have been at games where we have been losing and we get into the final few minutes. The place usually erupts to cheer on the team. One game which particularly sticks in my mind was a last minute win against Aberdeen during a midweek evening game a couple of years ago. The place was in uproar cheering on the team to get them over the line after Benji equalised late on and fk me, we did it and went on to win the match. There was actually a belief then that we could do it.

I think that many fans have seen what Yogi can offer us as a product on the park and from what I saw on Saturday, results since Christmas last year have taken their toll on the support and on Yogi's credibility. There is almost no widespread belief that the team, with the tactics and management it is currently run under, can turn things around either within a game or over a period of time (assuming Yogi is given even more of a chance to turn things around).

Collins wasn't given "more time", neither was Sauzee. Paatelainen was also given less time than Yogi has so far borrowed. IMHO, the reaction of the fans or lack thereof is usually a more honest account of where a team is at than the words of the manager crying for his job or even results at the end of a game.

ahibby
22-09-2010, 01:13 PM
It does seem to verge on dispair but still we could have won the match on Saturday had the linesman realised a player to the left of Nish was playing him on side. How is a linesman meant to see a defender in line with a forward when he is on the far side of things???:?