PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd at Middlesborough

goosano
20-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Looks like he's being found out (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/despite-new-surroundings-the-accusations-are-all-too-familiar-for-kris-boyd-1.1056127)

“He doesn’t hold the ball up, he doesn’t win headers, he doesn’t drop deep and link with midfield, he’s not quick, he’s not tricky, he doesn’t work defences. If he isn’t scoring he adds nothing"

The_Todd
20-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I honestly don't know why Gordon Strachan signed him, playing for Boro in the Championship is a different kettle of fish entirely.

Surely Gordon Strapon, being a mater tactician, would have known this?

StevieC
20-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Once he was out of the SPL, and away from the OF biased referees that turned a blind eye to his strong arm tactics and constant fouling, he was always going to struggle.

steakbake
20-09-2010, 09:28 AM
When he is on his game Boyd is one of the best strikers who has pulled on a Scotland jersey.

I mean of course, George Boyd of Peterborough and the Scotland jersey is the U21...

lyonhibs
20-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I have long said that Kris Boyd is *****, pish, an awful footballer and seems like a right prick of a man as well. Sadly, the fat jakey always scored enough goals in the SPL to give my Hun mates a get-out clause.

It's wonderful to see him crash and burn when faced with defences above the meagre SPL standard.

Holmesdale Hibs
20-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I have long said that Kris Boyd is *****, pish, an awful footballer and seems like a right prick of a man as well. Sadly, the fat jakey always scored enough goals in the SPL to give my Hun mates a get-out clause.

It's wonderful to see him crash and burn when faced with defences above the meagre SPL standard.

I agree with the prick and jakey bit but he's still a good player. His scoring record shows he was the best striker in the SPL for the last few seasons. Calling him an awful footballer simply isn't true. I know he has his faults but such phrases should be reserved for Nade etc and not someone who's consistently out-scored every other player in the league.

TheEastTerrace
20-09-2010, 09:03 PM
It adds some further credence to how *****e the SPL is.

Cocaine&Caviar
20-09-2010, 09:07 PM
When he is on his game Boyd is one of the best strikers who has pulled on a Scotland jersey.

I mean of course, George Boyd of Peterborough and the Scotland jersey is the U21...

George Boyd never represented Scotland at youth level, always English until his B cap a few years back.

blueisthecolour
20-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Looks like he's being found out (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/despite-new-surroundings-the-accusations-are-all-too-familiar-for-kris-boyd-1.1056127)

“He doesn’t hold the ball up, he doesn’t win headers, he doesn’t drop deep and link with midfield, he’s not quick, he’s not tricky, he doesn’t work defences. If he isn’t scoring he adds nothing"

I don't know what you mean he is being found out, he never done any of the things you mentioned at Rangers, he just scored goals.

Woody1985
20-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I wanted to see Boyd test himself in the Premiership to see what he was really made of. It sounds like Borough are pish just now and that's not only down to Boyd.

And I think that Hately wrong a similar article last week so this is just the same old ground.

I think we'll see Boyd fade away in his career unless Borough improve. He's probably just there to make his money. As **** as it is to admit, where would you rather be Borough or the OF playing in the CL and winning medals (even if they are almost guaranteed!). After being a stinky hun he's probably feeling a bit lost and can't be arsed. It makes you wonder why he never went to Turkey!

1875godsgift
21-09-2010, 01:32 AM
I don't know what you mean he is being found out, he never done any of the things you mentioned at Rangers, he just scored goals.
That " Hiya Taxman! Hiya Pal! " always make me laugh!
Did you think of that all by yourself?

Franck is God
21-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Kris Boyd is an excellent penalty box striker/poacher, thats what he does and will score goals at any level IMO.

From what I've seen and heard Middlesbrough are simply not playing well or creating chances, if he's not getting the ball in front of goal why is it his fault? If he was getting chance after chance and not putting them away then all criticism is justified but that's not what appears to be happening right now.

And why are there so many people happy to see Scottish players fail, I want every player that leaves the SPL to do well when they move on.

steakbake
21-09-2010, 11:25 AM
George Boyd never represented Scotland at youth level, always English until his B cap a few years back.

Does that keep him as a Scotland player? I'm never sure of the rules. He's definitely one to watch.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Boyd only does what it says on the tin. Give him the ball in the box and he will put it away. Nine times out of ten. He doesn't track back, or link the midfield. Didn't do it for Rangers. All he is, is a goalscorer. WGS, knew that when he signed him. He is almost a luxury player. A really good one trick pony.

Moody Mulder
21-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Once he was out of the SPL, and away from the OF biased referees that turned a blind eye to his strong arm tactics and constant fouling, he was always going to struggle.

couldnt agree more, most ex old firm players can find it hard in another league where the ref does not give a jot about them

Andy74
21-09-2010, 11:43 AM
A bit premature this.

If a team makes chances Boyd will put a fair number of them away. He'll do little else, we all know that.

He also needs a bit of time to get settled in and learn about the teams and players is he is playing with and against.

BryanV
21-09-2010, 11:59 AM

Found out? This was all widely known. Best striker in the SPL? Never....

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2010, 05:08 PM
He will be no good in a side thats not winning all the time. He is a luxury the huns could afford, he wont score many goals in England, and will be back up begging the huns to take him back in a year or so.

Lofarl
21-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I cant stand Boyd or his mutant ilk. Mind his wee Elbow on Zommy last year and his slaverings in the paper after it. He is the only player who I wish suffers a career ending injury.

I hope he rots on the Boro bench stuffing his face full of steak bake's. Most of the OF players get found out big time when they leave the SPL. Sure the OF have had some great players like Larrson or Laudrup. Yet for every Henrik that lights up Barca theres a Jean-Alan Boumsong who does nothing.

Duffys13
21-09-2010, 06:33 PM
I cant stand Boyd or his mutant ilk. Mind his wee Elbow on Zommy last year and his slaverings in the paper after it.

I can't agree more. He showed what Dirty **** he was that day. I always thought he was so well suited to Rangers. A bit like I do with Lafferty and Macgregor.