PDA

View Full Version : If hughes is sacked.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Who should be in charge of appointing the new man? It cant be Petrie, he has appointed enough duds. Why should he get an input on the new man, when its clear he has no idea what a good manager is?

MrSmith
19-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Who should be in charge of appointing the new man? It cant be Petrie, he has appointed enough duds. Why should he get an input on the new man, when its clear he has no idea what a good manager is?

Are you 100% Petrie appoints managers? :devil:

3pm
19-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I actually said something similar to my Dad. Whoever is appointing the manager, and I assume it's Rod, has to have a long hard look at themselves.

By the way Blackpool, are you conceding Yogi is a 'dud'? :o)

Sas_The_Hibby
19-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I suggest putting together a recruitment team of former Hibernian 'greats', e.g. John Hughes, Mixu Paatelainen, John Collins, plus an 'outside' view from, say, Bobby Williamson.

I'm sure they'd come up with the answer. :greengrin:devil:

yekimevol
19-09-2010, 07:37 PM
i actually like what liverpool did and got kenny dalglish to help make decision, so that way it was not a business man but a footballing man.

Westie1875
19-09-2010, 07:42 PM
i actually like what liverpool did and got kenny dalglish to help make decision, so that way it was not a business man but a footballing man.

So, Stanton and Sauzee to decide then? :greengrin

Removed
19-09-2010, 07:46 PM

Has to be Macar. I'm sure he couldn't do any worse.

yekimevol
19-09-2010, 07:51 PM
So, Stanton and Sauzee to decide then? :greengrin

after the way that le god was treated at easter road i dont think he would help.

yeh i would take pat stanton but it does not need to be a hibs connection like dalglish had with liverpool. i would like someone with a bit of experance of a management and of a player. so that way we can attempt to avoid a few problems, like revolts and managers who have no tacital knowledge.

Sumner
19-09-2010, 07:54 PM
"dud" :faf:

how the :clapper: has quietened
... to the volume of a 1 armed man?

hibsitis
19-09-2010, 08:39 PM

Why should he be sacked BH? You seen the light?

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Why should he be sacked BH? You seen the light?

I wouldn't sack him, but he's lost most of the support. Its only a matter of time i suppose.

zlatan
19-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Posted this on the Bounce earlier

Right now what we're crying out for as a club is stability. For that reason alone I'd want an older head, someone who isn't going to jump ship at the first opportunity after a successful year or two. We also need someone who is willing to blood youngsters, mould a team and give us some sign of structure on the field.

Collins and Mixu have both moaned about the budget after leaving but for me that line is a cop out, imo they just weren't good enough for whatever reasons. With the exception of Mowbray and McLeish (if he even did?) Petries record of managerial appointments is pretty woeful so a new selection process has to be looked at, it can't be a case of appointing the first guy who says they'll play it along the deck. Right now I couldn't give a **** about all the tippy tappy *****, I want results. I want cup runs and the chance to enjoy good European trips. I'm not saying I'd be delighted with rule 1 stuff but there has to be some sort of inbetween that can be successful. With the budget compared to the rest outside the OF and Hearts, and current playing squad, available to Hughes successor I don't think it would take much to make us a good team capable of decent things. Then again I've been saying that since Mowbray left.

We play in what's probably one of the most backward leagues in Europe so any foreigner wouldn't have a clue where to start imo. We all laughed when Motherwell appointed Paw Broon and scoffed when the huns took back Smith but they know how this league works and how to get the right results on the pitch. For that reason alone I reckon we should be looking at someone older, wiser and closer to home. Who that is, fudged if I know off the top of my head tbh. I just hope it isn't Petrie alone that's responsible for finding him either.

truehibernian
19-09-2010, 11:17 PM
If the League Cup result midweek goes against us I can only see one outcome and that is being in the hunt for a new boss. The timing is also perfect for the board too if you think about it. We have the trickiest month of games imagineable coming up. Not ideal for a new manager, but ideal for a caretaker to take the flak that goes with potential losses/poor showings (or hey who knows some better results). Hibs fans will also be enthused at a new manager coming in (meaning bums on seats hopefully). Hibernian will also want the new guy coming in and taking charge at a home game IMO. Sorry if that sounds like micro-analysing, but that is what I would be doing if I were a board member.

essexhibee
20-09-2010, 06:30 AM
If hughes is sacked.

then i will be a very happy chappy.:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
20-09-2010, 07:26 AM

Sounds like you are saying Petrie appointed a dud this time around there?:wink:

bawheid
20-09-2010, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't sack him, but he's lost most of the support. Its only a matter of time i suppose.

Not all of the support. Stick to your guns G. :wink:

Martin
20-09-2010, 07:55 AM

Was Mogga a 'dud' appointment? RP appointed him...

Speedway
20-09-2010, 08:09 AM
I figure that dot.net posters account for around 8-10% of the support so are not entirely representitive of the support.

However, I don't think that the majority of us are particular well informed nor completely think through the causes of why we're watching what we're watching.

erskine-hibby
20-09-2010, 08:25 AM

So you would be happy to carry on with the worst record of results that this club has ever known?

Danderhall Hibs
20-09-2010, 08:27 AM

I’d imagine the law of averages would say that you’d get one right every now and again?

Danderhall Hibs
20-09-2010, 08:29 AM
So you would be happy to carry on with the worst record of results that this club has ever known?

Where did this come from? Is there actual stats to back this up?

Jack
20-09-2010, 08:31 AM
I figure that dot.net posters account for around 8-10% of the support so are not entirely representitive of the support.

However, I don't think that the majority of us are particular well informed nor completely think through the causes of why we're watching what we're watching.

I suspect given the randomness of membership here 8-10% may well turn out to be a statistically viable sample to gauge the mood of the support.

Maybe a statistician will come along and confirm one way or another – the odds are there will be at least one on the board. :greengrin

Aldo
20-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I dont think I would go for an older head however i would defo make sure it was someone with no connections what so ever. (then again would I have Mowbray back??)

Anyway someone like Chris Coleman or even Shabby Laszlo, yes him....A manager with a bit of a tactical head and someone who can motivate the players.

The only for me that has saved Hughes is the new season. 4 wins out of 28 is relegation material in fact its sacking material IMHO.

Hughes has had 18 months or so to put a stamp on the team and all he has done is alienate the support and lose the players...and if the rumours are to be believed fallen out with a few of the 1st teamers.

Its time for him to be given the boot and get someone in who like i say has no ties to the club.

erskine-hibby
20-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Where did this come from? Is there actual stats to back this up?

I'm sorry I meant to say the worst run of results, and yes there is stats to back this up.
Since Feb, in competative matches, we have won 5, drawn 6, lost 13 and if you throw in the gummy bears games 15 losses.
Our last home win is against Killie back at the 6th of March.:bitchy:

You find me worse ones and I will take it back.

bawheid
20-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry I meant to say the worst run of results, and yes there is stats to back this up.
Since Feb, in competative matches, we have won 5, drawn 6, lost 13 and if you throw in the gummy bears games 15 losses.
Our last home win is against Killie back at the 6th of March.:bitchy:

You find me worse ones and I will take it back.

From 13 September 1997 until 10 January 1998 we didn't win a game. This was a 15 match run which included 5 draws and 10 defeats - seven of them in a row. On 10 January we beat Dunfermline 1-0 and then went on a further run of 5 defeats in a row. All within the same season.

I'm sure there are worse than that too.

You're the one making the claim that it's "the worst record of results the club has ever known". Back it up with the facts.

Stevie Reid
20-09-2010, 09:44 AM
From 13 September 1997 until 10 January 1998 we didn't win a game. This was a 15 match run which included 5 draws and 10 defeats - seven of them in a row. On 10 January we beat Dunfermline 1-0 and then went on a further run of 5 defeats in a row. All within the same season.

You're the one making the claim that it's "the worst record of results the club has ever known". Back it up with the facts.

I'm sure we also went about 17 games without a win in the McLeish-Sauzee-Williamson season. Significantly, Carig Brewster missed around 13 of them.

bawheid
20-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm sure we also went about 17 games without a win in the McLeish-Sauzee-Williamson season. Significantly, Carig Brewster missed around 13 of them.

:agree:

From 21/10/01 to 02/03/02 - 18 league games without a win.

erskine-hibby
20-09-2010, 10:02 AM

Ok I was wrong to claim that... but it is not much better. of the 26 game period you are talking about we won 3 drew 7 and lost 16...very poor indeed. IMHO though this will be surpassed if the latest incumbant is left to his own devices.

sparkiehibs
20-09-2010, 10:23 AM
I think they should get guys like Stanton (Former Manager), Keith Wright (SFA Development Officer) etc. to help with the decision. Also Gareth Evans (First Team Coach) and Alistair Stevenson (Youth Team Coach) should be involved as they have to work with the manager day-to-day. But ultimately the decision has to be made by Petrie as he has to trust the manager.

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Sounds like you are saying Petrie appointed a dud this time around there?:wink:
No what i am saying is the majority seem to think he's a dud, i dont. But if the majority think he's a dud, petrie apponted him so why should he get another chance at appointing a manager

No Mowbray was a good manager

I think he can turn it round, i think he deserves a chance to turn it round. I have never known a Hibs manager thats had so many fans :bitchy: against him from day 1, and even though this was the case, he managed to take us to 4th in his first season.

Now i know thats not good enough for some, but i dont see that very often, and if he can do it once, why not again? This is his side now, it does need time to gel, but it seems to me he wont get that chance. The new man better be good, or he will be hounded out too, in fact i don't like him already.

Arch Stanton
20-09-2010, 10:43 AM

I too doubt the ability of the board to bring in a good man so it would be worth bunging Dalglish a few Łk to overview the process in a consultant type role IMO - just getting any footballing man involved would not necessarily get you the result you wanted.