PDA

View Full Version : Soft Midfield

Dr Jimmy
19-09-2010, 02:42 PM
almost every team out fights and in a lot of cases out plays us in midfield. Is it now time for us to start looking at the Miller, McBride combination and ask whether they have had long enough without producing?
The defence has almost entirely been changed (exc Bamba), yet they continue to look likely to leak at least one goal a game. Therefore is it the midfield that is the problem? (ignoring the manager at this point of course).
Should we be looking to move either Bamba (we have plenty of CH's on the bench) or Murray into midfield to add a bit of dig?
The managers insistance on playing the same players in midfield and expecting them to achieve different results is exasberating and will cost him his job.

------------------------------Brown-------------------------------

Hart-------------Dickoh---------------Hanlon-----------Grounds

-----------------------------Bamba----------------------------------

Wotherspoon---------------Miller--------------------Galbraith

---------------------- ----------------- Riordan----------------

----- -------------Trakys/Nish--------

A chnage of personell and a change of system is got to be worth a shout to help protect the defence and build from a more solid base.

The_Horde
19-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't think it's steel we need in the midfield as such. More energy, skill and drive. We are crying out for a Scotty Brown type player in there to buzz about and up the tempo.

I thought this would be De Graaf's game but apparently not.

fife hfc
19-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I believe this has been the problem for a long time. Miller and Mcbride could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag. We need a genuine ball winner in the middle of the park and my choice would be bamba as he is athletic as well as a good ball winner. Put Murray in beside Dickoh and drop Mcbride and have Bamba and Miller as the centre pairing. Miller would have to worry less about defending with Bamba in there and the whole team would benefit imho.

Dr Jimmy
19-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I believe this has been the problem for a long time. Miller and Mcbride could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag. We need a genuine ball winner in the middle of the park and my choice would be bamba as he is athletic as well as a good ball winner. Put Murray in beside Dickoh and drop Mcbride and have Bamba and Miller as the centre pairing. Miller would have to worry less about defending with Bamba in there and the whole team would benefit imho.

couldn't agree more. Yogi mix it up for ****s sake and at least try a plan B.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Kinda strange the Hughes identified that we needed tacklers and a box to box midfielder but then put players in that can't actually do that. Only time we have a bit of bite is when Bamba steps forward. McBride is like that Hayley sort from Coronation Street. Been ages since you could say his name and tackle in the same sentence.

yekimevol
19-09-2010, 04:23 PM
we have had this problem for a long time mixu attempted to sort it by bring in bamba and putting him in the midfield. this helped to solve the problem.

BUT when hughes took sol out of the midfield and put him in the defence he did not replace him with anything !!!!!

At The Edge
19-09-2010, 04:24 PM
couldn't agree more. Yogi mix it up for ****s sake and at least try a plan B.

This is where it falls down for Yogi, he has no plan B, been shown time and time again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-09-2010, 04:25 PM
This is where it falls down for Yogi, he has no plan B, been shown time and time again.

Officially, plan B is to plug away with plan A.