PDA

View Full Version : "Yogi Get To ****"

seanraff07
19-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I heard people chanting that around me right after the final whistle, booing is bad enough IMO but chanting for the manager to get to ****.. will that help? If so then can someone explain why.. our support has been poor in the past but i can never in my life remember the Hibs support being so negative as they have been so far this season.

Also i thought cheering when Nish went off was out of order.

Usually when i stand up at a game the person behind me moans and tells me to sit down, well next time someone behind or infront of me really drops the confidence of one of our players or tells Yogi to get the **** then i'll turn round and give them a piece of my mind for a change.. i'm sick to death of how quick our support is to get on the team and managers back. If we play a backwards pass 'fans' boo, have a word with yourself.:faf:

Hainan Hibs
19-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I heard people chanting that around me right after the final whistle, booing is bad enough IMO but chanting for the manager to get to ****.. will that help? If so then can someone explain why.. our support has been poor in the past but i can never in my life remember the Hibs support being so negative as they have been so far this season.

Usually when i stand up at a game the person behind me moans and tells me to sit down, well next time someone behind or infront of me really drops the confidence of one of our players or tells Yogi to get the **** then i'll turn round and give them a piece of my mind for a change.. i'm sick to death of how quick our support is to get on the team and managers back. If we play a backwards pass 'fans' boo, have a word with yourself.:faf:

OOOOoooooooooo:dancer::dancer:

Remember the handbag for greater effect:agree:

Saorsa
19-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Remember the handbag for greater effect:agree::hilarious

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 11:55 AM

:faf: A heartfelt and sincere rant, but a rant nonetheless. I hope Hughes is proud that he is turning our young supporters into Grumpy Old Men.

SRHibs
19-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I heard people chanting that around me right after the final whistle, booing is bad enough IMO but chanting for the manager to get to ****.. will that help?
Well, if he gets the message and acts on it, then yes, it will have helped.:agree:

Golden Bear
19-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Sean at 15 years old you've not YET become as cynical as some of severely depressed auld farts but I'm sure your time will come.

And what's more if you continue to follow the Hibees, then you'll not need to work at it too hard.

:greengrin

Springbank
19-09-2010, 12:07 PM
can someone explain why.. our support has been poor in the past but i can never in my life remember the Hibs support being so negative as they have been so far this season.

A big part of it is that the board have given the manager funds to buy in decent players (Gk, Bamba, Murray, Miller, Riordan ought to be a spine that any non-OF team would want in our league) but - and this is the bit where things ARE different from the past I think - we are currently witnessing a decent squad on paper massively underachieving its potential.

Our team is less than the sum of its parts.

That is where the M word comes in... management

MacBean
19-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I heard someone shout 'bring back mixu' at least it made me smile

fife hfc
19-09-2010, 12:12 PM

You'll be glad your only 15 then as Alex miller got real pelters in my view unfairly and he won us a trophy and got us into Europe a couple of times.

seanraff07
19-09-2010, 12:16 PM

:faf: A heartfelt and sincere rant, but a rant nonetheless. I hope Hughes is proud that he is turning our young supporters into Grumpy Old Men.

At least i save my moaning 'till after the game and not during the game when it really doesn't help!

new malkyhib
19-09-2010, 05:00 PM
You'll be glad your only 15 then as Alex miller got real pelters in my view unfairly and he won us a trophy and got us into Europe a couple of times.

Aye he was brilliant, was Alex Miller. He also chased a lot of fans away from ER and gave a jersey to his two laddies who were crap, and couldn't put a team on the field to beat Hearts.

Got a quite a bit in common with this current joker that's in charge, then...

Aldo
19-09-2010, 06:19 PM
He may not of got a team to beat the yams but he did give us some very attack minded players

Paul Wright, keith wright, darren jackson, michael O neil, kevin mcallister and we did play some very good footie. The problem wasnt the team it was miller.

he had a rangers background and no one liked him for that ENDOF.

I thought he was a decent manager and did ok.

O and for what its worth would you take him now after all the experience he has amassed?????

Hibtastic
19-09-2010, 06:36 PM
some guy in the west had a right go at Yogi and Yogi answered back. He didnt look too happy. Couldnt hear what was said though!!

Saorsa
19-09-2010, 06:47 PM
some guy in the west had a right go at Yogi and Yogi answered back. He didnt look too happy. Couldnt hear what was said though!!I thought he liked people that had a right good go :agree:

fife hfc
19-09-2010, 06:49 PM
He may not of got a team to beat the yams but he did give us some very attack minded players

Paul Wright, keith wright, darren jackson, michael O neil, kevin mcallister and we did play some very good footie. The problem wasnt the team it was miller.

he had a rangers background and no one liked him for that ENDOF.

I thought he was a decent manager and did ok.

O and for what its worth would you take him now after all the experience he has amassed?????

:top marks I'm not saying he was perfect but he was far from the overall failure some fans like to make out.

RickyS
19-09-2010, 08:59 PM
A big part of it is that the board have given the manager funds to buy in decent players (Gk, Bamba, Murray, Miller, Riordan ought to be a spine that any non-OF team would want in our league) but - and this is the bit where things ARE different from the past I think - we are currently witnessing a decent squad on paper massively underachieving its potential.

Our team is less than the sum of its parts.

That is where the M word comes in... management

managers like Billy Reid and McInness must look on from the opposition dug out and think...............I could work wonders with THAT team

Stew the Hibee
19-09-2010, 09:24 PM

I feel exactly the same tbh. I remember back in the Mowbray years looking across to the East and dying to get across and get involved with the atmosphere. Come the JC year and I finally got to be part of the East. Even during the Mixu years, the support still had a bit of positivity about it and I looked forward to going back and being part of the support. My ST is in the singing section, but I've injured my knee and so I've been nearer the half way line relatively low down. The people around me have yet to say one positive thing about the team, in fact I doubt some of these people have a positive thing to say about their lives. We talk about the need to increase the fanbase, and obviously results need to improve, but the downfall will be the attitude of our own support.

RIP
19-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Sean and Stew(Ross)

Keep doin what you are doing lads and building up that 12thMan. You are the future.

I heard a couple of older guys screeching abuse at the game. I roared some abuse back and they looked totally shocked. As far as I am concerned they are just jessies, drama queens and bottle merchants who have no idea of how to support the team (IMHO)

It would have been better if we could have deafened them with our singing.

My big lad (14) suggested "anti-boo vuvuzelas" :hnet:

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Right now fans booing is the least of the clubs worries. Being turfed out the league cup and losing away to Celtic and St Johnstone and you have to ask how many fans will bother to show up and boo at the home League fixture to Killie. I think that's when Rodders will act.

Part/Time Supporter
20-09-2010, 06:35 AM
managers like Billy Reid and McInness must look on from the opposition dug out and think...............I could work wonders with THAT team

They probably also think that if their team does one good thing that bunch of ********s in the stands will turn on Hibs big style.

bighairyfaeleith
20-09-2010, 06:58 AM
I seriously can't believe that everyone thinks the answer is for the fans to just blindly accept what is happening and sing a bit more.

The problems are far deeper than some fans booing or shouting at yogi.

We have a very good squad of players that are playing very bad football week in week out.

We don't look fit

The players don't seem to understand how they are supposed to be playing

Substitutions are laughable and can't have any real thought behind them in terms of changing the game.

It's time for change and if yogi can't manage that then he should do the right thing.

marinello59
20-09-2010, 07:08 AM
I seriously can't believe that everyone thinks the answer is for the fans to just blindly accept what is happening and sing a bit more.

Who is blindly accepting anything? That just seems inflammatory for the sake of it. Some would argue that the way to improve the situation we are in is to hurl abuse from the stands and some would argue that getting behind the team during games will help the situation. Different tactics but the same concerns surely?
Best of luck to the guys in the singing section. At least they are trying to do something positive about the atmosphere around Easter Road. They'll get precious few thanks and plenty of sniping but hopefully that won't deter them.

bighairyfaeleith
20-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Who is blindly accepting anything? That just seems inflammatory for the sake of it. Some would argue that the way to improve the situation we are in is to hurl abuse from the stands and some would argue that getting behind the team during games will help the situation. Different tactics but the same concerns surely?
Best of luck to the guys in the singing section. At least they are trying to do something positive about the atmosphere around Easter Road. They'll get precious few thanks and plenty of sniping but hopefully that won't deter them.

sorry but where do i say people shouldn't sing???

I sing away when I'm at the games, I'm just don't follow the line that if you don't sing or "support" the team then you are to blame.

The faults are clear to see and they aint in the stands!

marinello59
20-09-2010, 07:18 AM
sorry but where do i say people shouldn't sing???

I sing away when I'm at the games, I'm just don't follow the line that if you don't sing or "support" the team then you are to blame.

The faults are clear to see and they aint in the stands!

That's not what you said though is it? You said, ''I seriously can't believe that everyone thinks the answer is for the fans to just blindly accept what is happening and sing a bit more.''

bighairyfaeleith
20-09-2010, 07:22 AM
That's not what you said though is it? You said, ''I seriously can't believe that everyone thinks the answer is for the fans to just blindly accept what is happening and sing a bit more.''

well I can't, there are lost of people on here suggesting that you should either sing away and be happy, or sit and say nothing. That you shouldn't criticise, that in my mind is completely wrong. Whats wrong with that exactly?

bawheid
20-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Sean and Stew(Ross)

Keep doin what you are doing lads and building up that 12thMan. You are the future.

I heard a couple of older guys screeching abuse at the game. I roared some abuse back and they looked totally shocked. As far as I am concerned they are just jessies, drama queens and bottle merchants who have no idea of how to support the team (IMHO)

Spot on - especially the bit in bold. Maybe this is the approach that has to be taken.

Apart from anything else, a grown man booing from the pit of his stomach as if he's watching Extreme Pantomime just makes him look and sound like a bit of a knob.

No class whatsoever.

marinello59
20-09-2010, 07:28 AM
]well I can't, there are lost of people on here suggesting that you should either sing away and be happy, or sit and say nothing.[/B] That you shouldn't criticise, that in my mind is completely wrong. Whats wrong with that exactly?

That's a distortion of what some are saying. The argument is that negativity during the game is unhelpful and perhaps, just perhaps, a bit more encouragement from the stands could raise the performance level a bit. Or at the very least not prove detrimental. That doesn't mean that those fans are happy with the situation or that the cure for all our ills is to sing a bit.
Of course people are free to criticise but perhaps it's a question of just when you make that criticism heard?

bighairyfaeleith
20-09-2010, 07:44 AM
That's a distortion of what some are saying. The argument is that negativity during the game is unhelpful and perhaps, just perhaps, a bit more encouragement from the stands could raise the performance level a bit. Or at the very least not prove detrimental. That doesn't mean that those fans are happy with the situation or that the cure for all our ills is to sing a bit.
Of course people are free to criticise but perhaps it's a question of just when you make that criticism heard?

TBF at the game is the only time most people have to criticise. I understand that singing is better than shouting abuse. However, the solution is not for fans to start shouting at each other during games, the solution is to get it right on the pitch.

Pretty Boy
20-09-2010, 08:31 AM

Re- The part in bold.

I think a big reason for a lot of the negativity is a culmination of the last few years and not just directed at the current team. With the exception of a few isolated games we have been ranging from pretty poor to total garbage since the latter days of John Collins time in charge.

Even at the beginning of last season when we were picking up points the performances were raraely brilliant, we did well to grind out a fair few results but, IMO, a lot of it was far from enjoyable.

Going to the football used to be the start of my Saturday , few pints before the game, game, few pints after, changed and out for the night. Now the pints before the game have all but stopped because hardly any of my mates will commit to going to games anymore then the games are dull and unenjoyable.

Yogi can tell us all he likes that we play 'good football' or are a 'passing team' but whilst we may make 20 or 30 passes it generally leads to nothing due to a lack of any movement. To be an effective passing team you have to have good movement, we don't. He insists on leaving the one player with pace on the bench week after week, he insisted on playing a natural goalscorer stuck out on the left for a season and a bit, he plays a naturally right footed player on the left now and most importantly he shows himself to be an arrogant fool by constantly sending out the same formation and tactics depsite the fact it hasn't worked since January.

I'm not encouraging people to boo or shout abuse at games but after 3 years of something bordering on absolute pish then i can understand if a few fans patience is starting to boil over. With the players we have at our disposal we should be so much better than we are.

RIP
20-09-2010, 08:37 AM
well I can't, there are lost of people on here suggesting that you should either sing away and be happy, or sit and say nothing. That you shouldn't criticise, that in my mind is completely wrong. Whats wrong with that exactly?

Big Hairy mate don't try and box us into corners

I don't think a single person is suggesting any such thing

When we are at the game the supporters role is to back the Hibees and ask our questions off it. Otherwise we are feeding our matchday opposition, undermining the team's performance, helping the Yam trolls and creating a reputation for us as the weakest-willed fans in the SPL

erskine-hibby
20-09-2010, 08:39 AM
]TBF at the game is the only time most people have to criticise. [/B]I understand that singing is better than shouting abuse. However, the solution is not for fans to start shouting at each other during games, the solution is to get it right on the pitch.

Correct, infact it is the only time fans can get their say about how they feel. Letters to the club, sites like this (which the club and those attached to it say they don't read) go for nothing. It is only at the ground where you have direct contact with those in charge will they listen. You don't have to like it, but its either that or stay away. Which one hurts the club more???

mickki40
20-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Sean and Stew(Ross)

Too Far.