PDA

View Full Version : Hughes has lost it

jiggerman
19-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Yesterday was the final straw for me. Time up Yogi, you clearly have no idea what you are doing tactically, and the players have no respect or desire to play for you.

It is now only a matter of time before you are booted. The sooner the better, and Hibs should look to bring someone with some intelligence and experience, who is going to nurture young players (and play them in right position) and be held in high regard by senior players.

My sentiment is not only formed by observing all home and some away games over the last 9 months but from hearing stories from club insiders that there has been bust ups with players (Ian Murray anyone?), moronic and unintelligent behaviour behind the scenes and a chronic lack of respect gained from those wearing the shirt on a Saturday.

Ridiculous, desperate and deluded post match comments have sealed the deal - be on your way and make it quick.

J

glow1875
19-09-2010, 09:00 AM
What's the supposed behaviour behind the scenes? Nothing would surprise me.

Badge
19-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Yesterday was the final straw for me. Time up Yogi, you clearly have no idea what you are doing tactically, and the players have no respect or desire to play for you.

It is now only a matter of time before you are booted. The sooner the better, and Hibs should look to bring someone with some intelligence and experience, who is going to nurture young players (and play them in right position) and be held in high regard by senior players.

My sentiment is not only formed by observing all home and some away games over the last 9 months but from hearing stories from club insiders that there has been bust ups with players (Ian Murray anyone?), moronic and unintelligent behaviour behind the scenes and a chronic lack of respect gained from those wearing the shirt on a Saturday.

Ridiculous, desperate and deluded post match comments have sealed the deal - be on your way and make it quick.

J
Couldn't agree more. :top marks

Reaper
19-09-2010, 10:14 AM

J

The only thing I disagree with is the title. He never did have a clue.

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 11:39 AM
What's the supposed behaviour behind the scenes? Nothing would surprise me.

I don't know but I heard that Yogi had become confused when told that Muffin the Mule is no longer an offence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/features/images/childrens50s_muffin_gal.jpg

jiggerman
20-09-2010, 09:13 AM
I have heard various things from credible sources (who I am not revealing before anyone asks:yawn:).

Hughes has favourites and those who he singles out for abuse - see the 'Bully boy Hughes' post. I did not see the incident, but such events mirror what I have been told. Allegedly Hughes is disliked by most of the players and even his assistant is growing apart from him......

I have been told he lacks intelligence and spends alot of time pulling the wool over the fans and the media's eyeswith his pre and post match nonsense.

Trust me guys, Hughes doesnt have a 'grand plan', or at least if he does he is incapable of clearly conveying it to his team, who have grown to dislike him and his bizarre tactics. I dread to think what will happen to Spoony and Danny (and other young players) should Hughes stick around.....

I post this because I believe we all have a right to know who is managing our club and the potential damage he is doing. I will not reveal sources. It is whoever reads this posts prerogative to believe what is contained or not.

I am genuinely in limbo as to whether I want us to pick up points/wins over the coming weeks as this may lengthen the Hughes' time in charge which is just not a good thing for us, our young players, and retaining the likes of Riordan.

Rant over!

Speedway
20-09-2010, 10:01 AM

J

Isn't every club in the world looking for one of these. What makes you think such an individual would want to manage Hibs?

I have heard various things from credible sources (who I am not revealing before anyone asks:yawn:).

Hughes has favourites and those who he singles out for abuse - see the 'Bully boy Hughes' post. I did not see the incident, but such events mirror what I have been told. Allegedly Hughes is disliked by most of the players and even his assistant is growing apart from him......
I have been told he lacks intelligence and spends alot of time pulling the wool over the fans and the media's eyeswith his pre and post match nonsense.

Trust me guys, Hughes doesnt have a 'grand plan', or at least if he does he is incapable of clearly conveying it to his team, who have grown to dislike him and his bizarre tactics. I dread to think what will happen to Spoony and Danny (and other young players) should Hughes stick around.....

I post this because I believe we all have a right to know who is managing our club and the potential damage he is doing. I will not reveal sources. It is whoever reads this posts prerogative to believe what is contained or not.

I am genuinely in limbo as to whether I want us to pick up points/wins over the coming weeks as this may lengthen the Hughes' time in charge which is just not a good thing for us, our young players, and retaining the likes of Riordan.

Rant over!

Just like how Mixu and DP wouldn't talk to each other, right?

Andy74
20-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Is it just me or are some Hibs fans bever happier than when they have something like this to get their teeth into?

The creativity inthe stories that come out never ceases to amaze. It's a pity some of that passion and ingenuity couldn't be put into more positive use.

Quite aside from the basesles stories I'm still hearing the old tactically clueless line, yet I've rarely seen a post on here with much alternative. You get the team for Saturday threads that make me very releived we have the tactically inept guy we currently have as opposed to the hundreds of even more tactically inept on here.

Funny too that we've had the likes of Riordan up front and Galbraith getting plenty game time recenty. We've also had Hogg dropped and yet somewhow, all those things that were magically going to fix us haven't.

I really hope this groundswell doesn't amount to much. If we were to go through yet another manager and yet another period of chopping and changing a squad I'm not sure I could be bothered with it and we'd have alost a rare chance to actually let someone carry through a plan to really change the club over a 4 to 5 year period. That's what we need.

tamig
20-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I really hope this groundswell doesn't amount to much. If we were to go through yet another manager and yet another period of chopping and changing a squad I'm not sure I could be bothered with it and we'd have alost a rare chance to actually let someone carry through a plan to really change the club over a 4 to 5 year period. That's what we need.

So what do you suggest then? Do you really see signs of this plan bearing any fruit - or do you know there is a robust plan in place at all? How long does it have to go on before we reach the tipping point? Are you really happy to roll on for another few years to get your continuity with the same rubbish being served up and possibly another trip to the First Division in there as well?

jiggerman
20-09-2010, 10:35 AM
As I said guys, feel free to think what your like, believe or disbelieve what I have posted.

I would love to say my stories are baseless and full of creativity and in actual fact everything is in ship shape!

Andy74 - your solution of a steady manager for 4-5 years is spot on, but Yogi is not the right man IMO.

In my opinion, anyone who remains in support of Hughes must be seeing something I am not.

J

HFC 0-7
20-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Is it just me or are some Hibs fans bever happier than when they have something like this to get their teeth into?

The creativity inthe stories that come out never ceases to amaze. It's a pity some of that passion and ingenuity couldn't be put into more positive use.

Quite aside from the basesles stories I'm still hearing the old tactically clueless line, yet I've rarely seen a post on here with much alternative. You get the team for Saturday threads that make me very releived we have the tactically inept guy we currently have as opposed to the hundreds of even more tactically inept on here.

Funny too that we've had the likes of Riordan up front and Galbraith getting plenty game time recenty. We've also had Hogg dropped and yet somewhow, all those things that were magically going to fix us haven't.

Are you the only happy clapper left on here? Unfortunately Hibs cant afford a 4 - 5 year plan, they need relative success each season. The plan would need to change next season if Yogi is in charge as we will need to change the plan to suit the first division.

PISTOL1875
20-09-2010, 11:17 AM

J

Hughes lost the plot in his very first game against St Mirren at the start of last season by taking off both full backs and replacing them with wingers.. The warning signs were there for me after that....

Up until Xmas results and the breaks were going our way so he was getting out of jail and the cracks were papered over.. After Xmas , well , we all know our form since then.. In the period of time after Xmas and up until the end of the season, we all were to about find how good a manager we had.. Managers are judged on what they do when things are going bad.. How they change things to stop teams beating us but nothing changed and we limped from defeat to defeat.. We became predictable and teams found it easy to play against us and subsequently beat us..

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Hughes lost the plot in his very first game against St Mirren at the start of last season by taking off both full backs and replacing them with wingers.. The warning signs were there for me after that....

Up until Xmas results and the breaks were going our way so he was getting out of jail and the cracks were papered over.. After Xmas , well , we all know our form since then.. In the period of time after Xmas and up until the end of the season, we all were to about find how good a manager we had.. Managers are judged on what they do when things are going bad.. How they change things to stop teams beating us but nothing changed and we limped from defeat to defeat.. We became predictable and teams found it easy to play against us and subsequently beat us..

But with him doing that, it allowed us to attack St Mirren more and Benji eventually scored the winner....if anything, it was a brilliant move by Yogi

PISTOL1875
20-09-2010, 11:33 AM
But with him doing that, it allowed us to attack St Mirren more and Benji eventually scored the winner....if anything, it was a brilliant move by Yogi

He got away with it but moves like that are complete suicide.. The same was done against Aberdeen and again we won the game but they had chances themselves when we threw 5 up.. We got out of jail that day as well...

Houchy
20-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Are you the only happy clapper left on here? Unfortunately Hibs cant afford a 4 - 5 year plan, they need relative success each season. The plan would need to change next season if Yogi is in charge as we will need to change the plan to suit the first division.

:agree::top marks

He needs launched and ASAP. I could and would swallow this line of "but we need some consistancy so changing the manager every year is not the option" if we had a manager showing us some level of improvement, but we're not, and if anything, freefalling to the 1st division with a local derby next year against Livi:bitchy:

After meeting Yogi last year, as a person, I think he's a lovely guy but a football manager he definately aint.:bitchy:

Who we could get in? I don't know but just please Yogi, take a leaf out of Mixu's book and leave with some dignity before we really start to hate you. That would be a sad sad day.:agree:

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 11:35 AM
He got away with it but moves like that are complete suicide.. The same was done against Aberdeen and again we won the game but they had chances themselves when we threw 5 up.. We got out of jail that day as well...

Disagree....Yogi can't win....

He makes a good decision = he get away with it
Yogi makes a bad decision = hounded like hell....

Not saying Yogi's the greatest but I think its harsh to say he got lucky with that sub

PISTOL1875
20-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Disagree....Yogi can't win....

He makes a good decision = he get away with it
Yogi makes a bad decision = hounded like hell....

Not saying Yogi's the greatest but I think its harsh to say he got lucky with that sub

He did get lucky !!!!!!!!! Aberdeen were down to 9 men and hit us on the break twice and nearly scored both times..

We only scored the 1st goal in the last few minutes. Previous to that Stack made a brilliant save from a shot that was net-bound and Aberdeen had a shot cleared off the line IIRC when the score was 0-0.....

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 11:51 AM
He did get lucky !!!!!!!!! Aberdeen were down to 9 men and hit us on the break twice and nearly scored both times..

We only scored the 1st goal in the last few minutes. Previous to that Stack made a brilliant save from a shot that was net-bound and Aberdeen had a shot cleared off the line IIRC when the score was 0-0.....

Eh? Thought we were talking about St Mirren :confused:

So a shot cleared off the line? These things happen in football, if anything blame the defence....its not always the managers fault for a team almost scoring...

Dinkydoo
20-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Jesus Christ, here we go again.................:bitchy:

How many for a mass suicide if we lose on wednesday then? :wink:

MacBean
20-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Games Managed By Sauzee, Franck in season 2001/2002
DateVenueCompetition (Round)OpponentResultScore16/02/2002
HomeScottish League (29)Dunfermline AthleticD1-1
09/02/2002AwayScottish League (28)MotherwellL0-4
06/02/2002NeutralLeague Cup (SF)Ayr UnitedL0-1
02/02/2002HomeScottish League (27)CelticD1-1
26/01/2002AwayScottish Cup (4)RangersL1-4
23/01/2002HomeScottish League (26)AberdeenL3-4
19/01/2002HomeScottish League (25)KilmarnockD2-2
15/01/2002HomeScottish Cup (3)StranraerW4-0
12/01/2002AwayScottish League (24)DundeeL0-1
05/01/2002AwayScottish Cup (3)StranraerD0-0
02/01/2002HomeScottish League (23)Dundee UnitedL0-1
29/12/2001AwayScottish League (22)Heart of MidlothianD1-1
26/12/2001HomeScottish League (21)RangersL0-3
22/12/2001AwayScottish League (20)St JohnstoneD0-0
15/12/2001AwayScottish League (19)Dunfermline AthleticL0-1

Games Managed By Hughes, John
DateVenueCompetition (Round)OpponentResultScore
18/09/2010HomeScottish League (5)Hamilton AcademicalD1-1
11/09/2010HomeScottish League (4)Inverness Caledonian ThistleD1-1
29/08/2010AwayScottish League (3)St MirrenL0-1
22/08/2010HomeScottish League (2)RangersL0-3
15/08/2010AwayScottish League (1)MotherwellW3-2
05/08/2010HomeEurope - Europa League (3)NK MariborL2-3
29/07/2010AwayEurope - Europa League (3)NK MariborL0-3

09/05/2010AwayScottish League (38)Dundee UnitedW2-0
05/05/2010AwayScottish League (37)MotherwellD6-6
01/05/2010HomeScottish League (36)Heart of MidlothianL1-2
25/04/2010HomeScottish League (35)RangersL0-1
17/04/2010AwayScottish League (34)CelticL2-3
10/04/2010AwayScottish League (33)Hamilton Acad.L1-4
04/04/2010HomeScottish League (32)CelticL0-1
31/03/2010HomeScottish League (31)Dundee UnitedL2-4
27/03/2010AwayScottish League (30)FalkirkW3-1
23/03/2010AwayScottish Cup (QF)Ross CountyL1-2
20/03/2010AwayScottish League (29)Heart of MidlothianL1-2

Yogi has lost 12 games in 18 games, whereas Sauzee lost 8 games in 15...
Awful:bye:

Dinkydoo
20-09-2010, 11:57 AM

So a shot cleared off the line? These things happen in football, if anything blame the defence....its not always the managers fault for a team almost scoring...

Your fighting a losing battle here mate; apparently it's Yogi's fault that we've missed an open goal, a penalty and had an onside goal chalked off within the last two games - which I bet would have oprevented most on here from having the heebie jeebies had we won.

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Your fighting a losing battle here mate; apparently it's Yogi's fault that we've missed an open goal, a penalty and had an onside goal chalked off within the last two games - which I bet would have oprevented most on here from having the heebie jeebies had we won.

Whilst I don't think he's the man to take us forward, I don't agree with some of the p!sh that gets spouted on here about him...

bawheid
20-09-2010, 12:01 PM

J

Great, an open letter.

How are you going to make sure Hughes reads it though?

Franck is God
20-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Agree with everything in your post, its amazing to me that so many Hibs 'fans' want us to fail just so they can say they were right about Yogi.

PISTOL1875
20-09-2010, 12:06 PM

We were playing 9 men!!!!.. How did a thing like that happen when you have a superior numerical advantage ??

OK.. Lets talk about St Mirren then.. First game of the season. McCann and Hanlon off , Benji and Galbraith.. Effectively 2 at the back against 10 men.. Completely bonkers..

However, Benji scores to win the game and Yogi's a hero.. Getting out of jail in the very first game.. The trend hat trend continued up until Xmas until the luck ran out and results started going against us..

Sudds_1
20-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Great, an open letter.

How are you going to make sure Hughes reads it though?

post it to him.........C/o the big posh hoose at the back o Port Seton :greengrin

Dinkydoo
Whilst I don't think he's the man to take us forward, I don't agree with some of the p!sh that gets spouted on here about him...

Me too.

He's not the best manager tactically and our form of late has been pretty crap but the reaction on here is so OTT that I've physically laughed out loud a few times.

darwenhibby
Who would be in charge of Hibs for 4-5 yrs these days?

If they are a success they get headhunted.

If they are poor they get hounded out by the support or in Sauzee's case the board panicked.

We get a manager for 4-5 years we are back into the days of Lexo and nothing happening just plodding along.

We need the board to get its act together appoint a manager who can take us to the next level for 2-3 years, as the particular individual develops and moves on, we get another candidate who can help us raise the bar again.

Once we have distanced ourselves from the Hearts DU Aberdeen and others, the Hibs job, might become an attractive propositon again as opposed to the poison chalice it is at the moment.

Is there any real outstanding candidate at the moment?
I have mentioned Billy Brown, others have mentioned Paw Broon, still don't think McInnes is the answer.

This might be what is keeping Yogi in a job, there is nobody out there to replace him who would want to come to Hibs.

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 12:13 PM
We were playing 9 men!!!!.. How did a thing like that happen when you have a superior numerical advantage ??

OK.. Lets talk about St Mirren then.. First game of the season. McCann and Hanlon off , Benji and Galbraith.. Effectively 2 at the back against 10 men.. Completely bonkers..

However, Benji scores to win the game and Yogi's a hero.. Getting out of jail in the very first game.. The trend hat trend continued up until Xmas until the luck ran out and results started going against us..

Your doing it again...ripping into Yogi for making subs that changed the game...

When was the last time we actually had a decent post xmas run in the league? Its the Hibs way, good run up until xmas....then collapse....happened with Mowbray, Collins and Mixu.....:agree:

PISTOL1875
20-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Your doing it again...ripping into Yogi for making subs that changed the game...

When was the last time we actually had a decent post xmas run in the league? Its the Hibs way, good run up until xmas....then collapse....happened with Mowbray, Collins and Mixu.....:agree:

What do you expect ?? The changes were mental.. We got out of jail .. What happens next time when we DON'T win and we get beat because of them ?? IT's not just about the winning you know... Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at the other side of the coin...

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 12:29 PM
What do you expect ?? The changes were mental.. We got out of jail .. What happens next time when we DON'T win and we get beat because of them ?? IT's not just about the winning you know... Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at the other side of the coin...

The changes allowed us to win....if the changes never happened, we wouldn't have won, would have been boooed of the park and Yogi would have got lambasted for not making the appropriate changes.

Aldo
20-09-2010, 12:37 PM

Gramo

your loyalty must be commended but please take off yir Hughes tinted specks and look at the facts.

4 or so wins in 28 competitive matches...that is relagation material and more to the point sacking material.

I didnt want him in the first place but got behind him and the team for the sake of the club...the club we have put and will put our hard earned cash into (some more than others).

I am not going to say told you so and this and that...it hasnt worked out...he now has to GO ENDOF. He doesnt have a clue. Managers of opposing teams rub their hands when they play against us cos they can read hughes like a book. He may as well tell them what he is going to do or how he is going to set his team out cos they find out after 5 or so minutes.

Yeah in an ideal world stability and having a manager for 4 or 5 years would be ideal but it better not be Hughes.
I would go for Shabby Lazslo or Chris Coleman TBH.....both have experience and lets face it Shabby did no bad at the Yams and could certainly do a job for us.

The next 2 games are crucial to Hughes and tbh we wont win at Killie and we will get humped at Smellic with Stokes scoring a few i bet.

I dont want to be all doom and gloom but this has to be the end cos folk on here are suicidal.

For me its :bye::bye: Hughes

bawheid
20-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah in an ideal world stability and having a manager for 4 or 5 years would be ideal but it better not be Hughes.
I would go for Shabby Lazslo or Chris Coleman TBH.....both have experience and lets face it Shabby did no bad at the Yams and could certainly do a job for us.

:bitchy:

Bleeding eyes was bad enough four times a season never mind every single game. If you think the style of football we're trying to impliment is bad just now, just watch what happens if we appoint Shabby.

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Gramo

your loyalty must be commended but please take off yir Hughes tinted specks and look at the facts.

4 or so wins in 28 competitive matches...that is relagation material and more to the point sacking material.

I didnt want him in the first place but got behind him and the team for the sake of the club...the club we have put and will put our hard earned cash into (some more than others).

I am not going to say told you so and this and that...it hasnt worked out...he now has to GO ENDOF. He doesnt have a clue. Managers of opposing teams rub their hands when they play against us cos they can read hughes like a book. He may as well tell them what he is going to do or how he is going to set his team out cos they find out after 5 or so minutes.

The next 2 games are crucial to Hughes and tbh we wont win at Killie and we will get humped at Smellic with Stokes scoring a few i bet.

I dont want to be all doom and gloom but this has to be the end cos folk on here are suicidal.

For me its :bye::bye: Hughes

No got Yogi tinted specs on mate....i'm just finding the abuse he gets on here an absolute joke.

He may or may not be the man to take us forward but to give him no credit whatsoever for any victories is a pile of steaming turd IMO.

Who would want a job where the fans are over expectant and abuse their own players and staff at any given opportunity?

He might not be the man for the job, but as long as he's still employed with Hibs...i'll be cheering him and the players on :notworthy:

Wotherspiniesta
20-09-2010, 12:44 PM

What utter pish.

Hughes makes subs that win the game for us and you're having a pop at him?

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 12:45 PM
What utter pish.

Hughes makes subs that win the game for us and you're having a pop at him?

Glad it wasn't just me that found that strange :greengrin

Aldo
20-09-2010, 12:46 PM
:bitchy:

Bleeding eyes was bad enough four times a season never mind every single game. If you think the style of football we're trying to impliment is bad just now, just watch what happens if we appoint Shabby.

but they were hard to beat and tbh anything is better than what is happening at the moment.

They did us over a couple of times and the were in our faces and up for it everytime they played us. big strong team with defenders who could defend.

This is just my opinion mind you......will we see us looking for a new manager this time next week.....I think NO.

Wotherspiniesta
20-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Glad it wasn't just me that found that strange :greengrin

Hughes definately has his faults as a manager.

But he made positive subs that won the game for us.

People are just willing to have a pop at him over anything at the moment.

Phil D. Rolls
20-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Hughes definately has his faults as a manager.

But he made positive subs that won the game for us.

People are just willing to have a pop at him over anything at the moment.

Well for me, the only thing I'm really having a pop at is the shambolic performances of the team since the turn of the year.

Everything else is just a search to make sense out of what is going on - as each week passes the answer becomes more obvious.

Fair play though, it has been open season on Yogi - but if he stopped making bullets, people wouldn't be able to fire them.

mcfly
20-09-2010, 01:17 PM
No got Yogi tinted specs on mate....i'm just finding the abuse he gets on here an absolute joke.

He may or may not be the man to take us forward but to give him no credit whatsoever for any victories is a pile of steaming turd IMO.

Who would want a job where the fans are over expectant and abuse their own players and staff at any given opportunity?

He might not be the man for the job, but as long as he's still employed with Hibs...i'll be cheering him and the players on :notworthy:

Correct back the team but 4 wins out of last 20 odd games is not bad luck, its relegation form and sadly thats where he'll take us if he isnt removed.

He cannot be allowed to remain much longer

bawheid
20-09-2010, 02:46 PM
but they were hard to beat and tbh anything is better than what is happening at the moment.

They did us over a couple of times and the were in our faces and up for it everytime they played us. big strong team with defenders who could defend.

This is just my opinion mind you......will we see us looking for a new manager this time next week.....I think NO.

Hard to beat? Big strong team with defenders? Sounds like Hearts tbh.

I want a team who can pass the ball with a bit of pace and guile, a cutting edge. It's not what we're getting just now granted, but to revert to the Jambos model of how to construct a football team would be totally wrong IMO.

Craig_in_Prague
20-09-2010, 02:50 PM

I want a team who can pass the ball with a bit of pace and guile, a cutting edge. It's not what we're getting just now granted, but to revert to the Jambos model of how to construct a football team would be totally wrong IMO.

they won 3-1 at Inverness and had width, pace and players that can dribble.

Also they thumped Hamilton 4-0 away.

Hibercelona
20-09-2010, 03:00 PM

Have to disagree.

The Hearts way of football is far more right than our way.

They win more games than we do and thats what really matters.

We can have 99% possession in a game with 200 chances, but it accounts for nothing if we don't win.

tamig
20-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Have to disagree.

The Hearts way of football is far more right than our way.

They win more games than we do and thats what really matters.

We can have 99% possession in a game with 200 chances, but it accounts for nothing if we don't win.

Have to disagree with you. You sound like a Jambo with a "win at all costs" mentality. That's not our way. I'm sure a lot of the guys on here would settle for 99% possession and 200 chances a game if it got us off our seats. And if we did get those stats I'm sure we'd end up with quite a few goals and a few wins to boot. We're not being entertained just now and I think that's one of the major gripes imo.

Playing the Hearts way is not for us and it pains me to see some on here even contemplating such a scenario. Absolute pish.

bawheid
20-09-2010, 03:17 PM

Not under Shabby they didn't. 1-0 dirges all the way as I recall.

Hibercelona
20-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Have to disagree with you. You sound like a Jambo with a "win at all costs" mentality. That's not our way. I'm sure a lot of the guys on here would settle for 99% possession and 200 chances a game if it got us off our seats. And if we did get those stats I'm sure we'd end up with quite a few goals and a few wins to boot. We're not being entertained just now and I think that's one of the major gripes imo.

Playing the Hearts way is not for us and it pains me to see some on here even contemplating such a scenario. Absolute pish.

The problem with the "as long as we're good to watch" mentality is that we will never be consistantly challenging for 3rd or getting to cup finals.

100% of fans want to see us playing good football all the time. 100% of fans also want to see a winning consistency.

Only 1% actually realize that we're never going to have it both ways.

We can either keep doing what we're doing and try to play the so called "right way" and float around mid table. Or we can accept that sometimes its good to play ugly if it means getting those 3 points and pushing us up the table.

We're in a rough & tough league. And if we don't get rough and tough, we will be bullied time and time again. No amount of fancy flicks and skill will change that.

Hibercelona
20-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Not under Shabby they didn't. 1-0 dirges all the way as I recall.

I also recall them finishing 3rd and us finishing behind with our so called "better" players.

Or am I sounding like a yam fud? :rolleyes:

bawheid
20-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I also recall them finishing 3rd and us finishing behind with our so called "better" players.

Or am I sounding like a yam fud? :rolleyes:

If I wanted to watch a bunch of monsters hoofing the ball up into the sky all day long I'd go to Tynecastle.

If that's the only way to achieve 3rd place you can keep it.

GreenPJ
20-09-2010, 04:03 PM
We are not pretty to watch in anyway.

We went for being OK for 60 mins against Rangers, to being OK for 45 mins against ICT to being OK for 20 mins against Hamilton.

This is not progress and cannot be accounted for by the loss of Stokes. There is no obvious tactic, there is no width, pace, passion or fight. There is no long term future in the current set up and the quicker the board act the better.

Devine
20-09-2010, 04:09 PM

OR who would want a job at a side with better players than most in the league, better facilities and better finances.....

As for fans being over expectant well the truth is I expect a LOT better than 4 wins in 20 odd games. If thats over expectant for a club like Hibs we may as well pack up now.

If you also agree with Hughes that we 'Overachieved' last year then your more deluded than I thought originally

New Corrie
20-09-2010, 04:25 PM
If I wanted to watch a bunch of monsters hoofing the ball up into the sky all day long I'd go to Tynecastle.

If that's the only way to achieve 3rd place you can keep it.

But that's not what they do, that's nearly as mythical as our "flair football" bollocks. It is actually possible to combine physical/industrial football with a bit of passing along the way. Maybe we should buy into the "win at all costs" mentality, it is a results driven industry after all. I just want to see Hibs win, doesn't have to be pretty. I notice another poster talking about playing "our way", would someone please explain to me what "our way" is?

New Corrie
20-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Yeah, but these results would be unacceptable to our purists because they don't play "our way" apparantly. Thats just eyes bleed hoofball, don't you know?

Craig_in_Prague
20-09-2010, 04:30 PM
But that's not what they do, that's nearly as mythical as our "flair football" bollocks. It is actually possible to combine physical/industrial football with a bit of passing along the way. Maybe we should buy into the "win at all costs" mentality, it is a results driven industry after all. I just want to see Hibs win, doesn't have to be pretty. I notice another poster talking about playing "our way", would someone please explain to me what "our way" is?

:top marks

"our way" is in reality, slow, going nowhere passing.

Hearts have played better football against us in the last few years and as well as beating us.

They can go to places like inverness and win 3-1. .. 4.0 at Hamilton.
You don't win games like that simly by being a big, physical team, that "hoofs" it.

No wonder they lot rip hibs. We think we're a great football team, in truth we're pish, heartless/spineless and it makes me even more dissapointed in Hughes, that as a 'tough player' mentality and a Hibee too, that i thought we'd be hard to beat and even in derbies i thought he'd have us doing well......

How things can be oh so different!

New Corrie
20-09-2010, 04:35 PM
:top marks

"our way" is in reality, slow, going nowhere passing.

Hearts have played better football against us in the last few years and as well as beating us.

They can go to places like inverness and win 3-1. .. 4.0 at Hamilton.
You don't win games like that simly by being a big, physical team, that "hoofs" it.

No wonder they lot rip hibs. We think we're a great football team, in truth we're pish, heartless/spineless and it makes me even more dissapointed in Hughes, that as a 'tough player' mentality and a Hibee too, that i thought we'd be hard to beat and even in derbies i thought he'd have us doing well......

How things can be oh so different!

I agree, when Yogi got the job, I foolishly announced in the Pub.....at least we wont get outmuscled in derby matches anymore!!!! How wrong was I?

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2010, 04:47 PM
That is probably the biggest failure of the Hughes regime, in my book. His failure to transmit his fight, determination and commitment for the game to his players. We're caught between failing at the passing game and failing to man up and compete.

I'd like to see us put more accent on the physical and winning ugly, then introduce quality and passing from that basis. In this league you can't just declare that you are going to be Holland or Brazil or Arsenal then exhibit all the movement of traffic cones.

Craig_in_Prague
20-09-2010, 04:54 PM
That is probably the biggest failure of the Hughes regime, in my book. His failure to transmit his fight, determination and commitment for the game to his players. We're caught between failing at the passing game and failing to man up and compete.

I'd like to see us put more accent on the physical and winning ugly, then introduce quality and passing from that basis. In this league you can't just declare that you are going to be Holland or Brazil or Arsenal then exhibit all the movement of traffic cones.

:agree:

Very well put!

Arsenal do sometimes struggle against your Boltons, Stoke etc... But at least they DO play flair football and thrill their fans.

We have a team that play worse football than the so called physical teams in the league.

Phil D. Rolls
20-09-2010, 05:09 PM
I agree, when Yogi got the job, I foolishly announced in the Pub.....at least we wont get outmuscled in derby matches anymore!!!! How wrong was I?

Depends on the pub - Middletons you'd be OK, but Stratties would be a big mistake.