PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 08:20 AM
A manager is under pressure, and who pops up after a period doing "something else". Why it's Tangoman on BBC1. Probably just a coincidence.

There is no way I want this weedgie wide-o anywhere near Hibs. He comes across as a second rate Bertie Auld. In fact, he makes Harry Redknapp look like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln put together.

I wonder if his players feel comfortable leaving their wallets in the dressing room.

Expecting Rain
19-09-2010, 08:35 AM
A manager is under pressure, and who pops up after a period doing "something else". Why it's Tangoman on BBC1. Probably just a coincidence.

There is no way I want this weedgie wide-o anywhere near Hibs. He comes across as a second rate Bertie Auld. In fact, he makes Harry Redknapp look like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln put together.

I wonder if his players feel comfortable leaving their wallets in the dressing room.

Wish we could afford the guy that`s just been sacked at Southampton after winning 4-0 or Mowbray on a 5 year deal, we might win nothing but at least we`ll start to enjoy the games again.

Ozyhibby
19-09-2010, 08:36 AM
3 4th place finishes
1 3rd place
last 32 of the europa cup
all with Aberdeen
Sounds like the last thing we need right enough.

glow1875
19-09-2010, 08:36 AM
We could do worse than appoint Jimmy C to the end of the season while we work out who we need in the long term

Westie1875
19-09-2010, 09:25 AM
We could do worse than appoint Jimmy C to the end of the season while we work out who we need in the long term

I think that would be the best thing to do, not necessarily Calderwood, Collins or someone similar could do the same - get rid of Yogi and bring in someone who knows the spl until the end of the season giving us plenty time to think about what to do on a permanent basis instead of fannying about managerless for a month before appointing another rookie.

lucky
19-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I would take him. Proven track record. Not shy in trying to win games. Bring a bit of organisation to shambles of a team we have.

Iain G
19-09-2010, 09:37 AM
I think that would be the best thing to do, not necessarily Calderwood, Collins or someone similar could do the same - get rid of Yogi and bring in someone who knows the spl until the end of the season giving us plenty time to think about what to do on a permanent basis instead of fannying about managerless for a month before appointing another rookie.

Bobby Williamson? :devil:

Westie1875
19-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Bobby Williamson? :devil:

Behave :shocked:

Hibby Bairn
19-09-2010, 09:52 AM
i like Calderwood. Always have. His teams play good, attractive football.

TonyStokeprano
19-09-2010, 09:59 AM
I was saying to my mate yesterday at the game we should get rid of Hughes and bring Jimmy Calderwood in. Jimmy's record in the spl is really good, done well at dunfermline and got them into Europe and to a Scottish cup final. He then took Aberdeen to 4 top 5 finishes and the last 32 of the uefa cup. He likes to play attacking football and knows how to win, some people dont like him cause they think he's a bit of an ********..... I'd rather have an ******** who was winning games than yogi (an ******** who doesnt have a clue).

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Calderwood leaves everywhere under a shadow.

Earl of Currie
19-09-2010, 10:34 AM

Its no surprise that he does well , leaves under a shadow and its no coinceidence that when he leaves the clubs start to clide down the table.

The simple reason is that he blows all the clubs money in a boom or bust scenario, these clubs do well in a poor SPL and when the dosh runs out , he sees the problems in advance and bolts leaving the mess behind him.

I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole

Iain G
19-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Both Pars + Sheep fans mates have convinced me that we should never let this man anywhere near managing Hibs :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Its no surprise that he does well , leaves under a shadow and its no coinceidence that when he leaves the clubs start to clide down the table.

The simple reason is that he blows all the clubs money in a boom or bust scenario, these clubs do well in a poor SPL and when the dosh runs out , he sees the problems in advance and bolts leaving the mess behind him.

My thoughts exactly. :agree:

glow1875
19-09-2010, 10:37 AM

He is quite fat I suppose, could we not move him about depending on where the sun is? I wouldn't want our pitch to suffer, we've just sorted it.

Hainan Hibs
19-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I'll have to put it out there that I am a fan of Tangoman and wouldn't be upset at him being Hibs manager.

Davy Mac
19-09-2010, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=churchy;2580747]Wish we could afford the guy that`s just been sacked at Southampton after winning 4-0 or Mowbray on a 5 year deal, we might win nothing but at least we`ll start to enjoy the games again.

:agree:

I would take Mowbray back even though we should never take anyone back a 2nd time.

The thing is we're winning **** all anyway so I like your point about enjoying games again as sadly I have lost the desire to go back to ER at the moment.........and so has the kids which is worrying.

Iain G
19-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Looking at the start Mixu has made with a team with a fraction of our budget, compared with Yogi, did we get rid too quickly? :rolleyes:

(((Fergus)))
19-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Looking at the start Mixu has made with a team with a fraction of our budget, compared with Yogi, did we get rid too quickly? :rolleyes:

No, but those were halcyon days compared with now. Kilmarnock would have been a better step up for Mixu rather than Hibs.

sahib
19-09-2010, 11:07 AM

Was someone else dictating his signings here?

sesoim
19-09-2010, 02:42 PM

:bitchy: Totally disagree. The reason the teams collapse after he leaves is obvious - he is a very good manager who leaves (or is made to leave) when he's taken a club as far as they can go. Most managers would struggle to match his record.

He'd get us 3rd place easily.

Diclonius
19-09-2010, 03:06 PM

:faf:

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 03:06 PM
:bitchy: Totally disagree. The reason the teams collapse after he leaves is obvious - he is a very good manager who leaves (or is made to leave) when he's taken a club as far as they can go. Most managers would struggle to match his record.

He'd get us 3rd place easily.

How come they end up in mountains of debt?

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-09-2010, 03:19 PM
They didnt bulk buy boxes of fake tan!

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I'd like Calderwood to get the job. I think he's a prick and it would be nice to slaughter our manager from the off. Its fine apparently, it makes no difference and when he's punted or maybe even before he's out the door, i can say i was right all along.

Alfred E Newman
19-09-2010, 03:24 PM

We didn`t get rid, he walked.

Dr Jimmy
19-09-2010, 03:26 PM

We almost never "get rid", our managers tend to leave. Our board is not noted for being decisive when it comes to managers, so we better get used to Mr shambles being in charge for sime time yet!

discman
19-09-2010, 03:35 PM

yogi doesnt have a "budget" RP does all contracts,he decides wither they sign or not,how much theyre paid how long their contracts are etc etc!

remind me why mixu and jc walked?? :cool2:

ekhibee
19-09-2010, 03:44 PM
How come they end up in mountains of debt?
Well it's not as if he's a fly-by-night, he was at Aberdeen for a good few seasons, and Dunfermline for at least 2. If the club were indeed overspending it's not him that sanctions money transfers is it?

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 03:47 PM
yogi doesnt have a "budget" RP does all contracts,he decides wither they sign or not,how much theyre paid how long their contracts are etc etc!

remind me why mixu and jc walked?? :cool2:

:hmmm:

Are you saying it's a bit like Hearts where the manager picks the team from 11 names provided by the owner?

A bit like Hearts, but without the psychotic supporters and debts?

:dunno:

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Well it's not as if he's a fly-by-night, he was at Aberdeen for a good few seasons, and Dunfermline for at least 2. If the club were indeed overspending it's not him that sanctions money transfers is it?

So that's OK then?

Thecat23
19-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I can safely say i would hand back my season ticket if that clown was anywhere near becoming manager. I hate him with a passion and i truely think the man is clueless, hense he's not got another job and hasn't been flooded with offers. I would rather have Jim Duffy than him. Ok maybe that was to far but i think you get what i'm saying :greengrin

Bostonhibby
19-09-2010, 03:57 PM
If its Calderwood it will definitely boost season ticket sales by at least one, I will have to buy one to send back in protest.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Both Pars + Sheep fans mates have convinced me that we should never let this man anywhere near managing Hibs :agree:

Cos of the way that both of those teams have kicked on since he left:confused::confused: or cos both sets of fans would not turn their noses up at having him back:rolleyes::rolleyes: