PDA

View Full Version : Next 5 Games

Frogga
18-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Celtic (away), St Johnstone (away), Killie (home), Aberdeen (away), Dundee Utd (away).:worried:

We need to raise our game!

Don Giovanni
19-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Aye, it looks like a tough run for a struggling squad.

We've got Killie away on Wed in the League Cup and by this time next weekend we could be out of that competition AND bottom of the league, with some tough fixtures to come. As much as thats a hypothetical scenario the performances and results against bottom 6 fodder (St.Midden (A), ICT (H ), Accies (H )) suggest we should be very concerned.

We could be going into the Derby, at the start of November, looking for a new gaffer...

Scorrie
19-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Aye, it looks like a tough run for a struggling squad.

We've got Killie away on Wed in the League Cup and by this time next weekend we could be out of that competition AND bottom of the league, with some tough fixtures to come. As much as thats a hypothetical scenario the performances and results against bottom 6 fodder (St.Midden (A), ICT (H ), Accies (H )) suggest we should be very concerned.

We could be going into the Derby, at the start of November, looking for a new gaffer...

But the fans' expectations are higher than that surely?

Aldo
19-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Celtic (away), St Johnstone (away), Killie (home), Aberdeen (away), Dundee Utd (away).:worried:

Smellic Nowt
Perth Point if lucky
Killie nowt
Sheep nowt
Utd nowt

no this is just my opinion but I cannot see us getting anything from the next 5 games the way we are playing.

We need a new man in before next weekend.

tin hat at the ready

Badge
19-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Smellic Nowt
Perth Point if lucky
Killie nowt
Sheep nowt
Utd nowt

no this is just my opinion but I cannot see us getting anything from the next 5 games the way we are playing.

tin hat at the ready
Why tin hat at the ready? Don't think you'll be far away based on what we've seen in the last 3 games.
New manager badly needed.

Jones28
19-09-2010, 10:33 AM
5 games, 3 points at best. And im usually optimistic bu after that...

(((Fergus)))
19-09-2010, 10:38 AM

Based on Yogi's record:

Celtic: 0 points
St Johnstone: 1 point
Kilmarnock: 3 points (against current form right enough)
Aberdeen: 1 point
United: 0 points

5 points out of 15

Aberdeen and Kilmarnock are the SPL teams Yogi does best against

.Sean.
19-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Sellick - 0 points
St Johnstone - As above
Killie - Maybe scrape a home win but I won't hold my breath
Aberdeen - 0 points
Dundee United - 1 point

Tough run of games. If we only win 4 or 5 points in this period and the board persist with Hughes, i'm fearing the worst...

Phil MaGlass
19-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Bottom of the league after the next 5 games, surely we can beat Aberdeen to keep Hughes in a job?

Lofarl
19-09-2010, 11:59 AM
15!!!

Happy clapper:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don Giovanni
19-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Haha.

Lofarl you're "a mentul"...

Nurse... NURSE...!!

Sir David Gray
19-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I honestly can't see where our next win will come from. I don't see us winning in midweek in the cup and there is absolutely no danger that we'll win at Parkhead next week, in fact that could be quite an embarrassing afternoon.

Whilst I don't see us losing 5-1 at McDiarmid Park again, I don't see us winning there either.

Under normal circumstances, we would be looking to beat Kilmarnock at Easter Road but then again, we should have been looking to beat Inverness and Hamilton at Easter Road as well.

We might get a draw up at Pittodrie but I wouldn't put money on it.

I can't see us winning at Tannadice either.

I can only see us getting four points, at best, over the next five matches and if that happens, we could be bottom of the league going into the derby in early November.

(((Fergus)))
19-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I honestly can't see where our next win will come from. I don't see us winning in midweek in the cup and there is absolutely no danger that we'll win at Parkhead next week, in fact that could be quite an embarrassing afternoon.

Whilst I don't see us losing 5-1 at McDiarmid Park again, I don't see us winning there either.

Under normal circumstances, we would be looking to beat Kilmarnock at Easter Road but then again, we should have been looking to beat Inverness and Hamilton at Easter Road as well.

We might get a draw up at Pittodrie but I wouldn't put money on it.

I can't see us winning at Tannadice either.

I can only see us getting four points, at best, over the next five matches and if that happens, we could be bottom of the league going into the derby in early November.

Plus hughes' record against the yams is 2 points out of 12, worse only against rangers

Sir David Gray
19-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Plus hughes' record against the yams is 2 points out of 12, worse only against rangers

You could write the script right now for what will happen in that game. To be honest, I don't really want to contemplate that match for the time being. It has the potential to be the stuff of nightmares.

Albion Hibs
19-09-2010, 01:10 PM
This is a real horrible situation, after last weekend I thought as long as we take 3 from hamilton then we will be in an okay situation - the fact we have only taken two points from the last two games AT HOME, does not bode well. That was a 6 point fixture run, end of story.

Now we have a really difficult 5 games, with a derby sitting just beyond that. We need to get a couple of changes into the sharp.

Frustrating thing is we take the lead, usually early in a game, and then see to just muck about when any other team in the league would be doing nothing other than getting straight back into them. We cannot allow every team in the league at least one goal against us - please no more comments about how this weeks / last weeks back four look solid, whilst the midfield needs to do better players at the back need to show a little bit more passion / that they at least half care - correct Grounds I am talking about you!

yekimevol
19-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Celtic (away) hammerd
St Johnstone (away) lose
Killie (home) win (maybe)
Aberdeen (away)lose
Dundee Utd (away)lose

do we not have kille away before the green weggies ??

At The Edge
19-09-2010, 05:01 PM
We have Killie on Wed in the Cup, its at their patch, then the run starting with Celtic at Darkhead

SneakersO'Toole
19-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Point away to Saints and surely a home win against Killie. We may strike a point either at Tannadice or Aberdeen so I'l go for 5points.

10 points from 10 games = relegation candidates.

Wednesday's cup game is the biggest game of Hughes career. Bigger than the relegation decider with Falkirk. Lose against Killie and it could be curtains. Rightly so if the case.

NAE NOOKIE
19-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Apart from an excellent 60 mins against the current buns and what after a poor 1st half was an amazing 2nd half at Fir park, we have been rank.

I cant see anything from the next 5 apart from a possible scraped1 point away and a possible home win against Kille and thats being realistic going by our start to the season.

As for the Derby ............ I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat :confused:

Lmc2105
19-09-2010, 05:49 PM
As am sure other Bus conveners will agree with me this could be a tough few weeks :boo hoo:

Sumner
19-09-2010, 05:58 PM
4 points, 5 at most. :bitchy:

Wotherspiniesta
19-09-2010, 06:01 PM
I think it will be good for us to have a few away games in all honesty.

Might take some of the pressure off the players.

Fantic
19-09-2010, 08:19 PM
We're only 3 points off third. The season isn't over yet ffs

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2010, 09:32 PM
No team outside of the OF has been convincing, and Dundee United last seasons third and cup winners, have arguably been as poor as we have. That is cold comfort though.

I don't think we should underestimate just what a blow it is to struggle to two draws at home to ICT and Hamilton. A very poor Hearts side defeated both of them easily away. If you can't win games at home against teams of such standard, you are potential relegation candidates, its as simple as that.

Have we seen anything at all in last nine months to indicate that our form will improve?

I don't want to be melodramatic and hit the panic button, but I'd suggest we're a couple of bad defeats at Parkhead and Perth from being a club in fully-fledged crisis. I was prepared to ignore last seasons slump as we finished 4th and qualified for Europe, but its clear we haven't emerged from it, and started this season any different, so now it has to be seen as part of a bigger picture of on-going malaise.

Very to hard to see where the next Hibs win is coming from, and that's not a good sign.

Steve20
20-09-2010, 05:24 AM
2 points out of those 5 games.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Point away to Saints and surely a home win against Killie. We may strike a point either at Tannadice or Aberdeen so I'l go for 5points.

10 points from 10 games = relegation candidates.

Wednesday's cup game is the biggest game of Hughes career. Bigger than the relegation decider with Falkirk. Lose against Killie and it could be curtains. Rightly so if the case.

We've already had our second equal worst start to an SPL season. Only once before have we won less than 5 points after 5 matches since we started in the SPL in 1999/00.

That was in 2002/03 when we only had 3 points out of a possible 15 and we ended the season in the bottom six.

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 12:19 PM
8pts out of 15pts

Celtic = Defeat
St Johnstone = 1pt
Killie = 3pts
Aberdeen = 3pts (done it before, we'll do it again)
Dundee Utd = 1pt

Lmc2105
20-09-2010, 12:22 PM
8pts out of 15pts

Celtic = Defeat
St Johnstone = 1pt
Killie = 3pts
Aberdeen = 3pts (done it before, we'll do it again)
Dundee Utd = 1pt

Can i have some of what you are having Mr Gramo :thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Can i have some of what you are having Mr Gramo :thumbsup:

Its a slice of positivity....pretty decent as well :greengrin

lyonhibs
20-09-2010, 12:28 PM
To be honest, one of the only manager's in the SPL - the other being Lennon - that I'd prefer in charge of Hibs LESS than Hughes is Mark McGhoo - he's a ****ing numpty.

I think we'll lose in the LC to Kilmarnock, lose at Parkhead, draw in Perth, win at home to Killie, draw at Pittodrie in front of about 3 men and a dog and lose at Tannadice.

5 points from 5 league games - realistically, the only result I can see being better than my estimates is the LC away to Killie - we could win that one, depending on how much of a tactical abomination Hughes conjurs up on the night.

On the other side of the coin, if the gulf in quality that SHOULD be evident between us and St Johnstone doesn't materialise on the pitch, and it comes down to a battle of wits from the dugout, McInnes will probably have Yogi licked on that front, and we could easily lose.

silverhibee
20-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Scary reading on this thread.

Only a new manager can change things around at Hibs, but it has got to be the right manager. And soon please before it is to late to turn around.

Houchy
20-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Smellic Nowt
Perth Point if lucky
Killie nowt
Sheep nowt
Utd nowt

tin hat at the ready

:agree:

My prediction is 1 point and oot the cup at the first time of asking.

bawheid
20-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Scary reading on this thread.

I know. Not sure how folk get up in the morning.

Remember the SPL is rubbish. Outside the top two anyone can beat anyone. It actually wouldn't surprise me if we scraped through on Wednesday night then went on a wee run.