PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's dig at the fans

KiddA
18-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Ok his interview is a shocker but to have a dig at the fans is way out of line. Yogi needs to remember who is paying his wages and have a bit more respect than that. To me he is just digging himself an even bigger hole that he is already in.

If anything he should apologize to the fans for the sh#t show on the park.

Worst Hibs manager in a long time, on a par with Jim Duffy at the moment and we all know how that turned out.

The board have to be some what accountable for this as they must see what we see.

SACK HIM NOW

Cal 7-0
18-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok his interview is a shocker but to have a dig at the fans is way out of line. Yogi needs to remember who is paying his wages and have a bit more respect than that. To me he is just digging himself an even bigger hole that he is already in.

If anything he should apologize to the fans for the sh#t show on the park.

Worst Hibs manager in a long time, on a par with Jim Duffy at the moment and we all know how that turned out.

The board have to be some what accountable for this as they must see what we see.

SACK HIM NOW

He better get his ass in gear coz i was totally bored and frustrated at the way we played today if it wasn't for Deek, Miller, Bamba we'd be well up **** creek, seeing a resemblence to Falkirk here, before i get shot down in flames my opinion!

john18722
18-09-2010, 08:48 PM
He better get his ass in gear coz i was totally bored and frustrated at the way we played today if it wasn't for Deek, Miller, Bamba we'd be well up **** creek, seeing a resemblence to Falkirk here, before i get shot down in flames my opinion!

Agree with you mate apart from part about Miller. He was anonymous today and has been for weeks IMHO.

E.T. is a Hibee
18-09-2010, 09:37 PM

100% with you, surely they will give him an oppprtunity to turn things around and I hope they do!:agree:

Twiglet
18-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Told my dad what he said (he's more of a rugby fan than football) and all he said was "oh dear. they (the board) won't like that."

Even he, with his limited football interest can see he's in meltdown.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Told my dad what he said (he's more of a rugby fan than football) and all he said was "oh dear. they (the board) won't like that."

Even he, with his limited football interest can see he's in meltdown.

My wifes pal plays badminton and thinks Yogis brilliant.

crash
18-09-2010, 10:10 PM
100% with you, surely they will give him an oppprtunity to turn things around and I hope they do!:agree:

Dont worry, he will have been emptied before we come up against your mob in November:bye:

Twiglet
18-09-2010, 10:44 PM
My wifes pal plays badminton and thinks Yogis brilliant.

The point I was trying to make, albeit not well, was his shock at what Yogi said. It's not something you'd really get from a rugby manager, tehy'd be sacked before they started doing things like that.

I wonder of the board will call him on this as the fans bring in a lot of money to the club and it could make them turn and profits drop.

Hibby 2005
18-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Yogi knows he's on the way out and has only himself to blame.

jacomo
18-09-2010, 11:28 PM
"Maybe the fans' expectations are two high", says Yogi. "Maybe we overachieved last season."

But Yogi last season said he wanted third place and that we were "miles away" from where he wanted Hibs to get to?? So who raised expectations, and how did we overachieve by finishing 4th?

The man talks absolute pish.

oldbutdim
18-09-2010, 11:32 PM
"Maybe the fans' expectations are two high", says Yogi. "Maybe we overachieved last season."

But Yogi last season said he wanted third place and that we were "miles away" from where he wanted Hibs to get to?? So who raised expectations, and how did we overachieve by finishing 4th?

The man talks absolute pish.

I think he meant "too high" rather than we have twin ambitions of success.
:wink:
But I guess your real point is that he is a clown.

Two ****in right he is.

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 08:22 AM

:hmmm:

Expecting Rain
19-09-2010, 08:32 AM
For me any real belief in Yogi died after the Ross County game at Easter Road, from that point on i`ve been hoping that he would turn things around for his sake and the fortunes of the club.
The St Mirren game was a disaster, the Inverness game not that much better and the Hamilton game suggests that we`re capable of being involved in a relegation situation if he gets any more time in charge.
There`s a lack of pace, urgency and game plan at the moment, the team looks like 3 seperate units, the personel in my opinion give or take 2 or 3 players isn`t as bad as most of the teams in the league but there`s no direction, i don`t think the players believe in him anymore.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-09-2010, 08:38 AM
His rants are becoming more bizarre. I read a quote from BBC teletext this morning on Yogi acknowledging Hibs fans booing at the end yesterday:-

"I can understand it, but its dissapointing. Maybe they think we're better than we are, maybe thats the problem. Maybe its the expectations. Maybe we punched above our weight last year. If they have a good look at whats gone on at this club and they know their football then the answers are staring them right in the face".

WTF is all this about?

Its confused the hell out of me. Its time to stop talking pish Yogi and get things sorted out.

I hope we can start looking for a new boss soon before this whole thing gets very messy. Petrie has to see the bigger picture and JH i not taking us forward or to any new levels.

Come on Rod, get rid.

Gala Foxes
19-09-2010, 08:58 AM
"maybe we have punched above our weight" ?

Don't think so - murder since January, 5-1 at Perth, 4-1 at Hamilton(Hamilton!!!), gubbed at Easter Road by Dundee Utd and then the two nightmares against Ross County - hardly think that is evidence of punching above a weight

Jack
19-09-2010, 09:10 AM
His comments are those of a Falkirk manager not a Hibs manager.
We have IMO mostly 'Hibs class players' but with a Falkirk belief in themselves.
You can see why there might be confusion between expectations.

BEEJ
19-09-2010, 09:30 AM
"I can understand it, but its dissapointing. Maybe they think we're better than we are, maybe thats the problem. Maybe its the expectations. Maybe we punched above our weight last year. If they have a good look at whats gone on at this club and they know their football then the answers are staring them right in the face".

WTF is all this about?
He is alluding to the financial circumstances which may well have curtailed his signing ambitions over the summer plus the recent loss of Stokes.

Stokes pulled us out of the mire quite a few times last season and (if he had been on his game) may have been the difference between one point and three in our last two home games.

The loss of Duffy will be another factor that "is staring us in the face". But we have no basis as yet to judge as fans whether he will be an asset or not.

Expecting Rain
19-09-2010, 09:33 AM
His comments are those of a Falkirk manager not a Hibs manager.
We have IMO mostly 'Hibs class players' but with a Falkirk belief in themselves.
You can see why there might be confusion between expectations.

A friend of mine made the same point, our expectations might not be that high but they`re higher than Yogi`s.

lucky
19-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Whats staring me in the face from my new seat in the East is a crap team with a clueless manger.

Bye Bye Yogi Bye Bye

TrickyNicky
19-09-2010, 09:50 AM
His rants are becoming more bizarre. I read a quote from BBC teletext this morning on Yogi acknowledging Hibs fans booing at the end yesterday:-

WTF is all this about?

Its confused the hell out of me. Its time to stop talking pish Yogi and get things sorted out.

I hope we can start looking for a new boss soon before this whole thing gets very messy. Petrie has to see the bigger picture and JH i not taking us forward or to any new levels.

Come on Rod, get rid.

I've tried to have a good hard think about what Hughes meant with these comments and maybe there's something plausible in regards to our expectations - we love our club and we can walk the thin line of expectation and ambition and maybe 10 years ago when the odd boos were heard after we had 2 all draws with St Mirren and Kilmarnock could we be accused of being slightly unrealistic and hard to please.
Who were we to think we are so much better?

Ten years on and having had a good, hard look at what's gone on at the club and with all the positives that encompass HFC - the clubs ambition, the fans ambition, matched by their hard earned cash, any supporter/fan of Hibs would not be too blinded by their love of this club that would deem them over expectant of of a realistic top 5 finish.

I would be confident in saying that in that same ten year period, St Mirren, ICT and Hamilton have been continually bottom 6 teams ( including seasons of relegation ).

Now let's just say that maybe we did punch above our weight last season.

Where does Hughes want us to re-set our sights?
Where does Hughes think our level of ambition be?

To me, based on his recent comments, It would imply bottom 6 and ( hopefully not the odd relegation) !

If that's where Hughes want us to set our sights, then anyone that knows their football and has the answers staring them right in the face will know that we have the right man for the job!

I would think that Hughes may be called in front of the board to clarify exactly what his new goals and ambitions are for the club as it seems to conflict with that of the board and the fans.

patlowe
19-09-2010, 10:23 AM
How can 4th place in the SPL be "punching above our weight"? 4th place in a shoddy league that we were miles clear in 3rd for months? 4th place in a league where we appear to have the 4th most expensive squad? How can this ever be construed as "punching above our weight"? Regardless of expectations, this hibs team has performed unacceptably for 9 months now. If we're talking about expectation, I expect hibs to make progress, improve and to capitalise on the advantages we have over other clubs. If our expectations are too high then what are those of other clubs? What are Dundee Utd fans hoping for? Or Motherwell? This is the SPL!

Yogi's lost it and it's painful to watch.

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I can guarantee that when Yogi finally goes, one of the things he will use as an excuse is his treatment from the fans. No doubt, Gordon Waddell will do another piece where he slags us off for snobbery and being too up ourselves. (He already did one when Mixu got the job in front of his mate).

The bottom line is that Yogi got a lot of patience from the supporters. On the whole the fans sat quietly for ages waiting for Yogi to deliver. There were a couple of results last season that set the alarm bells ringing, and a couple of post match interviews that didn't help.

Yogi made a rod for his own back going into this season. Nobody wanted him to fail - why would we - but he is not showing signs of having a clue what is going on at the "football club". If he was getting the results on the pitch, nobody would be caring what he says on telly.

It's the fact that he isn't getting the results, allied to some of his remarkable statements as to what is going wrong (us: fitness, tactics, attitude; him: fans attitude, bad luck), that has made his position untenable. He just can't dig himself out of this hole - he's too deep now - but maybe it would be wise for him to stop digging.

snooky
19-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Maybe we are punching above our 'wait'.
Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

ahibby
19-09-2010, 11:01 AM
I haven't seen his comments, only what I have read on this post but it sounds bad to me. If he thinks we punched above our weight now then why does he still think we have the right players which he brought in? Did he want different players but the board wouldn't sanction them and he is left with this lot? I don't think so. He was crowing about Miller and for me he is one we can do with out but need a replacement. Why did it seem that Hamilton had a superior midfield to us and they dominated the second half. Do they have more resources at their finger tips. What about how Edinburgh, East Mains and the new stadium attracts better players. Well where are they that wouldn't be punching above their weight. Utter bull****

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I have backed you and the team Yogi, dont you dare question my expectations.

Albion Hibs
19-09-2010, 12:42 PM

WTF is all this about?

Come on Rod, get rid.

I have defended yogi to date, but he is now clearly feeling the pressure, to make a comment about to the fans is going to do nothing other than further isolate him from the support.

Whilst I do not believe in the amount of booing that goes on, and whilst our expectations ARE too high, why shouldnt they be, he is the one that always rattles on about the stadium, the training facility the club, the history - if we have so much of the aforementioned Yogi why the hell shoundnt we have high expectations - and as manager you should more than share them!

Less press, key word slinging to the fans about bleeding this and that - you dont mean it, just get back to basics and get it sorted.

One thing I would say in defence of Yogi and targeted at the board is - why am I watching our 20+ goal scorer playing for another team and during the same window we did not replace - rather a panic buy. Stokes was always going to Celtic so why dance to there tune and wait till the end of the window when we can do nothing with the money. Win / Win for Celtic, new striker and one of there opposition teams is weaker for the season ahead and cant do anything about it.

How when we had the player on a reasonable contract we ended up in a weaker position shows nothing more than poor negotiating skills - must do better.

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I
One thing I would say in defence of Yogi and targeted at the board is - why am I watching our 20+ goal scorer playing for another team and during the same window we did not replace - rather a panic buy. Stokes was always going to Celtic so why dance to there tune and wait till the end of the window when we can do nothing with the money. Win / Win for Celtic, new striker and one of there opposition teams is weaker for the season ahead and cant do anything about it.

How when we had the player on a reasonable contract we ended up in a weaker position shows nothing more than poor negotiating skills - must do better.

Is it the case that the player led the manager a merry dance, whilst manipulating his move to Celtic? :dunno:

Albion Hibs
19-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Is it the case that the player led the manager a merry dance, whilst manipulating his move to Celtic? :dunno:

Cant see it, this one had been talked about for so long it is unbelieveable, we should not be on the losing end of situations like this.

It was done and dusted and whilst I know we are not going to go out and buy any players we should at least know that frees etc that we are looking at can be taken on - perhaps the club learnt a leason from ending up with three keepers we not have.

Bishop Hibee
19-09-2010, 12:59 PM
The fans were perfectly entitled to boo after witnessing that rubbish yesterday. How else are we meant to express our feelings on how poor we were.

I thought the fans were more patient during the game than they were against ICT despite a much poorer performance. They'd taken on what Yogi asked for and didn't boo during the game as far as I heard.

Yogi can point to a missed pen v ICT and Nish's 'goal' yesterday that would have given us 6 points instead of 2 but that would only hide the dodgy tactics and the playing of De Graaf who looks well off the pace.. We're bottom 6 certainties on yesterday's showing.

His coats on a shoogley peg and he'll be away by Christmas unless things improve radically.

jacomo
19-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I think he meant "too high" rather than we have twin ambitions of success.
:wink:
But I guess your real point is that he is a clown.

Two ****in right he is.

Fair enough, you caught me out here! :greengrin

jacomo
19-09-2010, 01:06 PM
I have backed you and the team Yogi, dont you dare question my expectations.

Unlike you I had my doubts about Yogi from the start, but gave him my support and was pleased that he started well.

For the avoidance of doubt, I would be delighted if Hibs went on a winning run now and Yogi showed he has what it takes.

But I just don't see it happening. This clearly isn't an easy job, but more and more Yogi looks out of his depth.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Unlike you I had my doubts about Yogi from the start, but gave him my support and was pleased that he started well.

For the avoidance of doubt, I would be delighted if Hibs went on a winning run now and Yogi showed he has what it takes.

But I just don't see it happening. This clearly isn't an easy job, but more and more Yogi looks out of his depth.

I have no problems with any of that, its those who were the opposite, and have been clearly plotting against him from the start, and seem quite happy with things now. Hibs fans my erse, yet watch them go off on one when one of their favorite player has a stinker, and he gets some stick. Pathetic, and we have the team our support deserve. Well done. :bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I have no problems with any of that, its those who were the opposite, and have been clearly plotting against him from the start, and seem quite happy with things now. Hibs fans my erse, yet watch them go off on one when one of their favorite player has a stinker, and he gets some stick. Pathetic, and we have the team our support deserve. Well done. :bitchy:

I don't think anyone has been plotting against him, you make it sound like some sort of House of Commons scandal

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't think anyone has been plotting against him, you make it sound like some sort of House of Commons scandal

As said elsewhere, nobody needs to plot against Yogi, he has dug a big enough hole by himself.

Jim44
19-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Hughes says that the supporters' expectations of the team are maybe too high. Can I suggest that the supporters' expectations of the manager are/were too high. He was eventually found wanting at Falkirk after showing glimpses of good play and results. In the end he was hounded out by the fans who didn't want him. Cue groundhog day.

sahib
19-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Hughes says that the supporters' expectations of the team are maybe too high. Can I suggest that the supporters' expectations of the manager are/were too high. He was eventually found wanting at Falkirk after showing glimpses of good play and results. In the end he was hounded out by the fans who didn't want him. Cue groundhog day.

Falkirk then went from strength to strength iirc. Fans always know best.

jacomo
19-09-2010, 01:57 PM

Sorry, but I don't believe this applies to more than a handful of fans, if that.

Of course football's all about opinions, and plenty of folk seem happier to have their opinion confirmed than anything else. But plotting against the manager? Really?

What I DO remember is a few people expressing doubts on here quite early on, based on what they were seeing on the park, and being shouted down. That's not plotting... just telling it how you see it.

Jim44
19-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Falkirk then went from strength to strength iirc. Fans always know best.

Touchee, Sahib, but irrespective of the 'power of the fans', he had reached the bottom of the slippery slope. He's getting there fast again with us.

Cabbage1875
19-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Sorry, but I don't believe this applies to more than a handful of fans, if that.

Of course football's all about opinions, and plenty of folk seem happier to have their opinion confirmed than anything else. But plotting against the manager? Really?

What I DO remember is a few people expressing doubts on here quite early on, based on what they were seeing on the park, and being shouted down. That's not plotting... just telling it how you see it.

Right on the money. :agree:

Blackpoolhibs took great pleasure in telling us all that we had to 'give him time' and we were doing well etc, even though many many fans were less than happy with what was on show. It seems to me that he is now attacking these fans by inventing tales of 'plots' and 'conspiracies' when in reality we were right all along. As our current sad predicament would indicate.

As admirable as your support was, Blackpool, all this talk of agendas against Yogi is just garbage for me.

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I think Yogi's relationships with the players and now the fans is at an all-time low. Extrapolating a little, I would doubt if its going to be much better with the board - he seems to excel in alienating those around him these days.

It's really galling to watch an emerging talent like Witherspoon become increasingly scared to do anything, while Yogi's sulky behaviour towards Galbraith is nothing short of contemptible.

Our emerging talent is going to die on the vine unless we get a manager who can stay cool, focused and retain perspective when things get a bit rough.

I think Yogi, when in that situation, forgets how to behave and switches to his default 'bam' setting and simply alienates more people. ER just seems like not a happy place to be working at these days. So sad, because he started well, bringing esprit de corp to the dressing room and the stands, but he's now made the unedifying journey from 'character' to 'buffoon' in most people's perspective.

Unless he can sort out his head, then his team, within the next few weeks, I reckon he'll be off.

Sumner
19-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Mister Hughes,

Maybe you think you are better than you really are?

Phone a taxi, and be on your way.

IWasThere2016
19-09-2010, 08:02 PM
"Yogi - My part in his downfall" - by TQM and a few others.

:faf:

Sumner
19-09-2010, 08:04 PM
"Yogi - My part in his downfall" -
by TQM and a few others.

:faf:

Foreword by John Hughes, autobiographical
... it was an inside job

Saorsa
19-09-2010, 08:08 PM
"Yogi - My part in his downfall" - by TQM and a few others.

:faf::hilarious

RickyS
19-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Mister Hughes,

:top marks

Hibby 2005
19-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Sounds like Yogi had a RIGHT GOOD GO at the fans.

hibsdaft
19-09-2010, 10:56 PM
There`s a lack of pace, urgency and game plan at the moment, the team looks like 3 seperate units, the personel in my opinion give or take 2 or 3 players isn`t as bad as most of the teams in the league but there`s no direction, i don`t think the players believe in him anymore.

that's it in a nutshell.

ozwoody
20-09-2010, 06:27 AM
My take on this is two fold....

Firstly, does the manager think that the team on the park(which he has put together) are not good enough? if so,why did he buy them? And I doubt that comments like the ones in the interview will instill confidence in a team that is clearly short of that commodity?

Secondly, if he wants to watch a team punching above its weight he should look to notts forest,pre clough and during cloughs reign.Pre clough they were a bit of a shambles,always mid table,never really going anywhere,then clough came in,brought a player or 2 in,played them in proper positions and they won trophies.

Same team,same players...........but a manager that knew how to do his job.

Im not saying we will win european cup,but the squad we have is as good as any outwith old firm.We just need the right man at the helm,and im sorry to say,its not yogi

drumatic44
20-09-2010, 06:56 AM
The trouble with Yogi for me is that he has become a media 'patsy'. He must get interviewed practically every day on the various media outlets.
Basically he has nothing new to say so it turns into a rent-a-gob thing. The fans don't want to hear it because it's the same old same old. The media love it because potentially he might and usually does say something ridiculously quotable.
It's time for the board to have a word, basically a once a week press conference and that's it.!!!!
Yogi shut the **** up.!!!!

Craig_in_Prague
20-09-2010, 09:27 AM
The man is an idiot and hopefully defeat on Wed will seal his fate.
(not that i want us to lose... but can't see anything different).

GTF before you drag the club down with you.

RoYO!
20-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Mister Hughes,

And now, every other week he'll have a ****in gigantic taxi advert facing him, planting the seed ;)

TrickyNicky
20-09-2010, 11:11 AM
He is alluding to the financial circumstances which may well have curtailed his signing ambitions over the summer plus the recent loss of Stokes.

Stokes pulled us out of the mire quite a few times last season and (if he had been on his game) may have been the difference between one point and three in our last two home games.

The loss of Duffy will be another factor that "is staring us in the face". But we have no basis as yet to judge as fans whether he will be an asset or not.

Thought I'd bring Beej's post up from yesterday as I think it is a very interesting interpretation of what Hughes is trying to say.

Cropley10
20-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Cant see it, this one had been talked about for so long it is unbelieveable, we should not be on the losing end of situations like this.

It was done and dusted and whilst I know we are not going to go out and buy any players we should at least know that frees etc that we are looking at can be taken on - perhaps the club learnt a leason from ending up with three keepers we not have.

How dare you question Mr Petrie's handling of the transfer of a 23 goal player to one of our rivals for what still looks like not very much money...