PDA

View Full Version : Jonathon Grounds

Irish_Steve
18-09-2010, 07:56 PM
First chance I`ve had to see him in the flesh and I`m wondering whether he`s a left-back or not - on more than one occassion he was up level with Nish and Riordan for considerable periods of the game!

Littlest Hobo
18-09-2010, 08:00 PM
He was really poor today along with 10 others may I add. Sometimes you get a wee glimse of how good a player might be with little glimses of magic. I saw nothing from him today. :boo hoo:

Billy Whizz
18-09-2010, 08:02 PM
He was really poor today along with 10 others may I add. Sometimes you get a wee glimse of how good a player might be with little glimses of magic. I saw nothing from him today. :boo hoo:

Not as good as Hanlon. I hope we don't stall Hanlon's progress.

Dirkster23
18-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Yogi's said before he wants his full backs to get into advanced positions. The problem seems to be that when they do, we don't get the ball out to them, leaving them out of position if we lose the ball.

We had Galbraith on for 70 minutes today and how often did we get the ball out to him wide? Yogi talks about getting the ball out wide but then insists on playing a narrow game :confused:

Alex Trager
18-09-2010, 08:11 PM
I think we're better of with murray...
I think he's too laxi-dasical( i was never going to spell that rite) He seems to let the centre half go with his man whilst he moves inward

ballengeich
18-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Thought he was ok. He made a couple of good defensive headers to stop the right hand Paixao getting on the end of crosses from Hamilton's left in the first half.

Judas Iscariot
18-09-2010, 08:39 PM
He's no better than Hanlon who is at least home grown and a Hibby..

Waste of a loan signing/wage..

muirhousehibby
18-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Not as good as Hanlon. I hope we don't stall Hanlon's progress.

i was saying at the game today the same thing m8, from what i've seen of grounds so far i think he's not as good as Hanlon. Grounds took a few corners today and his general crossing was v.poor.

Time will tell eh

Btw Hanlon's better played in centre midfield.

Hiber-nation
18-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Looks decent enough to me but must be wondering what the hell he's doing here.

Strange signing though when we're in dire need of a pacy wide man or striker....ach I don't know why I'm bothering even mentioning it, the manager clearly doesn't see the need for pace or width in the team :grr:

E.T. is a Hibee
18-09-2010, 08:46 PM
He's as good as Hanlon but I think he has a bit more to offer, from what I've seen so far he seems to have a bit more determination to win challenges and he seems to communicate more. In the first half he was constantly shouting at Wotherspoon to push up and put pressure on Hamilton's right back. But I do think Hanlon is as a good left back!:thumbsup: