PDA

View Full Version : Player Marks

down-the-slope
18-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Brown - 8 - nice to have a keeper that can claim the ball when flung in and does not give me brown trousers every time the ball is near our box. Made easy saves look just that..couple of kicks that he let attacker get a bit too close

Hart - 7 - strong display but suffered from often having no wide outlet and having to come inside. Not picked out when he overlapped on occasion. Hope he stays fit

Dickoh - 6 - Not as good as last week. got caught wrong side couple of times and did not use Hart often enough when he was free. Will come good with time

Bamba - 7 - Marked down as after srolling through the early part of the game he gave Hamilton 2 goal scoring opportunities due to basic errors (one leading directly to goal) He needs to cut these out.

Grounds - 6 - Looks the part but needs games for full match fitness. Little support in front of him at times due to system.

Wotherspoon - 4 - Needs a rest (think he was injured as well?) left Grounds exposed and sems to have lost the confidence he had

Miller - 4 - The kind of game you need the older / bigger players to stand up..he hid..and we as a result lost the midfield second half

McBride - 7 - He worked hard and tried to force the team forward....got little support. Great run and chipped pass that almost lead to goal. He looks like he cares about the result

DeGraff - 5 - Started well played several good passed linking up....I like the guy and his effort..but it went no where much after early promise. Think the system that forces the 'wide' midfielders inside all the time is not helping him / the team

Nish - 6 - The big guy played well first half and was winning his battles and linking play. Second half Hamilton worked this out and he had 2 players jumping with him and he seemed to lose confidence and will to win the ball.

Riorden - 6 - Might have been less had he not scored. Still don't think playing right up front gets him on the ball enough. After goal and great free kick (we could have been 2-0 up again) he then shot 3 times in first half when could have played others in. Second half he put in effort but most of it to no gain. No abaility to hold the ball up which put us back under pressure several times

Hanlon - 5 - Looked solid but mostly at a time we were under pressure so seen mostly in defensive mode

Galbraith - 4 - Looked like a wee laddie lost, playing with the big boys. Little of his pace used to effect. Again the system that drags the 'wide' midfielders inside did him no favours

Trakays - 2 - I hope that his well talked about lack of match practice is to blame. He looked lost and to my memory never won a header and rarely linked up. Was expecting someone of his build to at least let the defenders know he was there.

Yogi - 2 - Chose best team available, but when Reid made tactical changes when we were well on top, no response from Yogi. I know that Galbraith coming on was forced through injury, but why make a winger play a narrow role? We still with a much taller team seem unable to create any pressure with set plays into box.

Beefster
18-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Brown - 6
Hart - 5
Bamba - 6
Dickoh - 5
Grounds - 4
Wotherspoon - 4
Miller - 3
McBride - 4
De Graaf - 3
Nish - 4
Riordan - 5

Subs:
Hanlon - 4
Galbraith - 4
Trakys - 3

Hibby Bairn
18-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm interested in the system you speak of as I cannot see any sign of any system whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is the 'wide' midfielders come inside because Miller and McBride are never there. Hiding.

Only player I would give pass marks to would be Brown who had a solid game. Everyone else was either lost, lazy or couldnae give a ........!

hibee_girl
18-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Brown 7 - Caught the ball well, needs to release the ball a bit quicker sometimes.

Hart 7 - like the look of him, nice to have a full back who actually passes the half way line occasionally

Dickoh 6 - not as good as last week but still a decent display

Bamba 6 - one minute he was making cool tackles and then the next he'd give the ball away!

Grounds 6 - nothing spectacular but did the job

Wotherspoon 5 - hasn't looked fit at all this season but actually thought today was his best performance before he was taken off

McBride 6 - the one midfielder who knows what making a challenge is

Miller 4 - awful, made no tackles, couldn't pass to his own player and gave up chasing balls far too quickly

De Graaf 4 - far too slow to make any impact

Deek 8 - the only one of the pitch with any real passion, scored a good goal, nearly scored a great free kick, worked hard tracking back

Nish 6 - nowhere near as bad as some people like to make out. Nothing wrong with his goal.

Galbraith 5 - did well when he first came on but went missing in 2nd half

Hanlon 4 - Did well in the time he had

Trakays 3 - wasn't too impressive but understand he's nowhere near match fit yet.

Hiber-nation
18-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Brown - 8 - nice to have a keeper that can claim the ball when flung in and does not give me brown trousers every time the ball is near our box. Made easy saves look just that..couple of kicks that he let attacker get a bit too close

Hart - 7 - strong display but suffered from often having no wide outlet and having to come inside. Not picked out when he overlapped on occasion. Hope he stays fit

Dickoh - 6 - Not as good as last week. got caught wrong side couple of times and did not use Hart often enough when he was free. Will come good with time

Bamba - 7 - Marked down as after srolling through the early part of the game he gave Hamilton 2 goal scoring opportunities due to basic errors (one leading directly to goal) He needs to cut these out.

Grounds - 6 - Looks the part but needs games for full match fitness. Little support in front of him at times due to system.

Wotherspoon - 4 - Needs a rest (think he was injured as well?) left Grounds exposed and sems to have lost the confidence he had

Miller - 4 - The kind of game you need the older / bigger players to stand up..he hid..and we as a result lost the midfield second half

McBride - 7 - He worked hard and tried to force the team forward....got little support. Great run and chipped pass that almost lead to goal. He looks like he cares about the result

DeGraff - 5 - Started well played several good passed linking up....I like the guy and his effort..but it went no where much after early promise. Think the system that forces the 'wide' midfielders inside all the time is not helping him / the team

Nish - 6 - The big guy played well first half and was winning his battles and linking play. Second half Hamilton worked this out and he had 2 players jumping with him and he seemed to lose confidence and will to win the ball.

Riorden - 6 - Might have been less had he not scored. Still don't think playing right up front gets him on the ball enough. After goal and great free kick (we could have been 2-0 up again) he then shot 3 times in first half when could have played others in. Second half he put in effort but most of it to no gain. No abaility to hold the ball up which put us back under pressure several times

Hanlon - 5 - Looked solid but mostly at a time we were under pressure so seen mostly in defensive mode

Galbraith - 4 - Looked like a wee laddie lost, playing with the big boys. Little of his pace used to effect. Again the system that drags the 'wide' midfielders inside did him no favours

Trakays - 2 - I hope that his well talked about lack of match practice is to blame. He looked lost and to my memory never won a header and rarely linked up. Was expecting someone of his build to at least let the defenders know he was there.

Yogi - 2 - Chose best team available, but when Reid made tactical changes when we were well on top, no response from Yogi. I know that Galbraith coming on was forced through injury, but why make a winger play a narrow role? We still with a much taller team seem unable to create any pressure with set plays into box.

I admire your positivity but I totally disagree. I'd go for

Brown - 6
Hart - 6
Bamba - 5
Dickoh - 5
Grounds - 5
Wotherspoon - 3
Miller - 4
McBride - 6
De Graaf - 3
Nish - 4
Riordan - 5

Subs:
Hanlon - 3
Galbraith - 4
Trakys - 3

fife hfc
18-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Brown 6
Hart 6
Grounds 6
Bamba 6
Dickoh 6
Miller 4
Mcbride 4
wotherspoon 1
De graff 5
Nish 4
Riordan 7

Galbraith 3
Hanlon 2
Trakys 2

Atalanta
18-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Brown 6 Solid and and came for crosses well. The one part of the team that look good
Hart 5 Flatters to deceive. Slow and seems to take an age to decide where to pass and won't use his left foot
Grounds 5 Still to be convinced. Doesn't look very fit
Bamba 6 Jekyll and Hyde at times
Dickoh 6 Looks like he could be a reasonable player
Miller 2 Won't tackle, hides when the going gets tough
Mcbride 4 Tried hard but is a very ordinary player and with Miller too lightweight for central midfield.
Wotherspoon 2. Oh dear, if ever a player needed a res to get his confidence back.
De graff 2 No pace, poor touch, can't pass
Nish 4 Good link up at times first half, normal powder puff second half
Riordan 7 The one player who seemed to be trying his heart out most of the time

Galbraith 4 Hardly received a decent early pass all afternoon
Hanlon 5 Seemed to have much more energy than Grounds and did battle away
Trakys 2 No chance to show anything in the little time he had on the field

Brads Laing
18-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Brown - 8 - Looks like we've sorted our goalie problem
Hart - 7 - Solid right-back, what we've needed for years
Dickoh - 5 - Looked poor last week, even worse this week, bombscare
Bamba - 7 - Looked classy and composed at all times, maybe wee bit too composed
Grounds - 6 - Done OK, looks like he will be good once he settles, very relaxed
De Graaf - 4 - Headless chicken, may aswell be playing with 1 less player
Miller - 5 - Had poor game to his standards
McBride - 6 - Struggled to get hold of midfield battle, but was left exposed by miller
Wotherspoon - 4 - Subbed early, never had time to make much impact
Nish - 4 - Falling over his own feet, needs to be dropped soon
Riordan - 8 - Looked excellent on the ball, worked as hard as anyone on the park
Galbraith - 5 - Not used enough, had acres of space but never got the ball
Hanlon - 5 - Pointless substitution, looked solid and should be in beside bamba
Trakys - 4 - Early impressions look poor, very poor, brings nothing to the team