PDA

View Full Version : I worried about De Graaf when I saw him vs Maribor - He has NOT improved

The Voice Of Reason
18-09-2010, 07:09 PM
This is not a De Graaf bashing post and I have never boo'd the guy as I don't think that helps anyone. However after today I do feel compelled to post my thoughts on him.

After the home game against Maribor I posted that that he had a poor touch, looked as if he was labouring and was extremely one paced. I felt that his goals papered over the cracks. I was worried with what I saw.

I have now seen him 3 times in the flesh - I am sorry, but he is no better than he was against Mariobr - we need to face facts, it pains me to say that he is not going to get any better.

Hughes must see this and must know that De Graaf is a dud. He was brave enough to drop his captain (Hogg), he needs to be brave and drop De Graaf and punt him a.s.a.p.

Nice guy De Graaf may be, but he cannot control a ball, he cannot pass a ball and he is slow. I fail to see what he contributes to the team.

Given he was our "headline" signing, it goes a long way to explaining why we are struggling (as well as the fact that we sold our top goal scorer of course).

I fear a difficult season and I am already dreading the Derby Games, I think/fear that Hearts will steamroller us. :grr:

hibee_girl
18-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Have to agree, De Graaf hasn't impressed me at all this season. He has to be the slowest player I've ever seen at ER.

Stuarty27
18-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Another pointless thread..

Why dont we just take them all round the back and shoot them??

Crab apple
18-09-2010, 07:14 PM
He has looked very slow in the last two games. Today after our last corner, Accies break and he is the last of our players to chase back.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-09-2010, 07:15 PM

:greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
18-09-2010, 07:17 PM

Why do we just take them all round the back and shot them??

I am really sorry you think it is pointless.

I won't post again until you give me the say so. :agree:

Stuarty27
18-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I am really sorry you think it is pointless.

I won't post again until you give me the say so. :agree:

You can post anytime you want but why dont you start saying something positive instead of a 500 word essay on why one of our players is crap.

I dont particlurly think De Graaf has had a particularly good start to his career however it dont think posting that piece of yours achieves anything.

The Voice Of Reason
18-09-2010, 07:28 PM
You can post anytime you want but why dont you start saying something positive instead of a 500 word essay on why one of our players is crap.

I dont particlurly think De Graaf has had a particularly good start to his career however it dont think posting that piece of yours achieves anything.

You are entitled to your opinion of course.

After last week's game I posted this :-

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?192350-Just-Back-Not-Yogi-s-Fault-today-%28Who-would-be-a-manager-!-%29

Pretty positive don't you think ?

Two questions for you :-

1. Are you on your perioid ?

2. Is 27 your age or your IQ ?

:bye:

At The Edge
18-09-2010, 07:33 PM
i'm going to stick my neck out here.... i thought De Graaf had a better game than last week ( not hard :wink: ) his legs have only one gear, but his passing wasn't too bad and i thought he tried hard to get into space/make himself available.

still not the player Yogi was banging on about, but today...far from the worst.
Tin hat is on:tin hat:

The Voice Of Reason
18-09-2010, 07:36 PM
i'm going to stick my neck out here.... i thought De Graaf had a better game than last week ( not hard :wink: ) his legs have only one gear, but his passing wasn't too bad and i thought he tried hard to get into space/make himself available.

You are entitled to your opinion mate, but I just don't see what you see in him (if that makes sense!?)

I admire your positivity, but from what I have seen I honestly can't see him getting any better as he lacks the basics.

Hope I am way off the mark of course (but I know I am not!) :wink:

Jim44
18-09-2010, 07:37 PM

Why waste good ammunition? They're dying on their feet anyway.

fife hfc
18-09-2010, 07:46 PM

I agree he was far better this week than last week and the only midfielder I would give pass marks too. I think the problem is he does not have a clue what his role is meant to be ( Miller and Mcbride look the same) and he is struggling to get to grips with the pace of the game and the fact that he is playing in a team which looks pretty ordinary.

fordie2
18-09-2010, 08:05 PM
There were very similar posts to this after 5-6 games last season about Stokes and he turned out ok! I'm not saying De Graff will end up having the same impact come the end of the season but jeez give him some time to adjust!

ballengeich
18-09-2010, 08:39 PM
De Graaf looks to me like a player nearing the end of his career. The brain knows the right thing to do, but the legs can't respond to the message any longer. I suspect he could have been a real asset a couple of years ago.

King Paddy
18-09-2010, 11:16 PM
In the old days i thought Sammy Baird was slow, Degraff is way off the pace IMO yogi's worst signing get shot ASAP.

Calvin
19-09-2010, 02:28 AM
I thought he had a fairly decent game today. His runs were in the right places, he had the commitment in the 50/50s and he was generally quite lively.

The problem is that he was our best midfielder, and if that's the best we can do then it's far from good enough. I think that if we had a team playing well as a whole then De Graaf would certainly be a good signing, but in a team playing direly into which he is trying to adjust, he is only going to look slightly inept.

The amount of times I heard Hughes and Rice shouting at him today to get him to go this way or that was unbelievable. I'm not sure whether this is because Hughes does not issue pre-match player instructions properly through the week, or whether this is because De Graaf simply fails to take them on board. My guess would be the former.

IWasThere2016
19-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Let's be honest, he is one of many issues .. But not the main one.

CallumLaidlaw
19-09-2010, 08:02 AM
I think he has a very good footballing brain. Gets in good positions, and I, unlike others on here, think his passing can be very good.

Hr does need to realise how quick the SPL is tho.

Golden Bear
19-09-2010, 08:10 AM
I thought he had a fairly decent game today. His runs were in the right places, he had the commitment in the 50/50s and he was generally quite lively.

The problem is that he was our best midfielder, and if that's the best we can do then it's far from good enough. I think that if we had a team playing well as a whole then De Graaf would certainly be a good signing, but in a team playing direly into which he is trying to adjust, he is only going to look slightly inept.

The amount of times I heard Hughes and Rice shouting at him today to get him to go this way or that was unbelievable. I'm not sure whether this is because Hughes does not issue pre-match player instructions properly through the week, or whether this is because De Graaf simply fails to take them on board. My guess would be the former.

:agree:

He was my no means the worst midfielder we had yesterday. There were a few contenders for that title.