PDA

View Full Version : Are we going backwards?

Crab apple
18-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I saw signs of improvement last week against Caley and I honestly thought we were unlucky not to win. Today was really poor. Apart from Bamba, Deek and Hart (in patches) I couldn't see the difference in quality between the two teams. In fact the Accies forward Hasselbank played really well. Surprisingly quick for someone who looks a tad overweight. Towards the end we were punting high balls to the Lith and there was no invention. There was also little drive and enthusiasm, typified near the end when Hanlon was taking a thrown in beside the West and no one was showing for him.

We lack a stong captain and I fail to see any evidence of the 'strong characters' Yogi is always talking about. On paper we have reasonably good players but they are not playing as a team just now. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Yogi is capable of halting what is fast becoming a quite appalling run of form.

greenlex
18-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I saw signs of improvement last week against Caley and I honestly thought we were unlucky not to win. Today was really poor. Apart from Bamba, Deek and Hart (in patches) I couldn't see the difference in quality between the two teams. In fact the Accies forward Hasselbank played really well. Surprisingly quick for someone who looks a tad overweight. Towards the end we were punting high balls to the Lith and there was no invention. There was also little drive and enthusiasm, typified near the end when Hanlon was taking a thrown in beside the West and no one was showing for him.

We lack a stong captain and I fail to see any evidence of the 'strong characters' Yogi is always talking about. On paper we have reasonably good players but they are not playing as a team just now. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Yogi is capable of halting what is fast becoming a quite appalling run of form.
I think it is quite evident any chance of the players actually playing for Hughes is evaporating on a weekly basis. I am willing him to get it right but when you see his antics from the sidelines and him bawling players out in front of thousands of fans is it any wonder they aint performimg. Half them look like they are crapping themselves to make a mistake. Never seen so many backward or sideways passes when one forward would still keep possession and maybe create something
Hughes talks the talk but cannae even crawl never mind walk the walk.
He has till end of October for me (only bacause the new guys have only had a couple of games) and if we are no better in terms of performances he should go. Its a tough ask with the fixtures we have but not taking maximum points the last two weeks should prove critical for him.
Shoogley shoogley peg.

Hibby 2005
18-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Yogi will be gone by Xmas.

chrisski33
18-09-2010, 11:05 PM
think yogi NEEDS to go NOW not wait til end of oct!

darwenhibby
18-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Backwards & Downwards if you ask me.

I sarcasticaly put up a thread in pre season should people be eating humble pie.

It was a little tongue in cheek, but pre season started positively, yet slowly went wrong.

A new stand, ER complete and the infrastructure in place.

The so called weaknesses from last season seamed to be addressed ie RB CH & MF

but we seem to be on a slippery slope.

I watched the Yams today and I thought how did ICT manage a draw with us and they beat them comfortably.
How do we then struggle against Accies.

IMO we do not win the battle before we then try to control a game with our own style.
We start bright and then get bullied.

If Yogi cannot address this then he should go.

The only thing that is saving him is how many manangers are we going to go through.

The Hibs job is going to become a poisonous chalice.