PDA

View Full Version : Overreact.net

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 06:42 PM
fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are ridiculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring:yawn:

RoYO!
18-09-2010, 06:44 PM
fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are rediculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring:yawn:

Off to bed then :bye:

The Sundance Kid
18-09-2010, 06:44 PM
We can't win every week is a fact. However, the problem is we can't win at all

Dirkster23
18-09-2010, 06:46 PM
fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are rediculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring:yawn:

If your happy watching that crap week in week out good for you. I think you'll find most people have had enough of watching a manager who's clearly out his depth, drag our club down :bye:

Sas_The_Hibby
18-09-2010, 06:48 PM
fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are ridiculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring:yawn:

Do you really think people are complaining merely because of the last two results.

You may be one of the people who "need to get a grip".

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 06:49 PM
If your happy watching that crap week in week out good for you. I think you'll find most people have had enough of watching a manager who's clearly out his depth, drag our club down :bye:

would everyone still be screaming yogi out if we had won last week

Judas Iscariot
18-09-2010, 06:50 PM
We're pish just now and have been for over 9 months..

Time for a change asap or we'll have a exciting relegation battle to face..

truehibernian
18-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Definitely not an overreaction mate. Just a reaction. His and the team's results and performances are what gets the reaction. 10,000 (or those that were left) booed today, as they did last week. Yes amongst them (I include myself) there are times when we are wrong and too judgemental. But this season each fan that has booed has been perfectly entitled to. And when you hear the interviews after the game, they are also entitled to turn round, drive back to Easter Road, and throw a pie in the clown's coupon. To blame the fans or somehow say we are causing this to happen is the icing on a very bitter, horrible tasting cake.

skipster7
18-09-2010, 06:53 PM

i agree that some of the personal stuff is embarrasing,but im struggling to remember a more inept performance than that today.our goal came from a bad back pass,our only shot hit the bar but our general play was disinterested,lazy,gutless and cowardly.we seem to be getting worse & sitting watching THAT is fast becoming boring !

Sas_The_Hibby
18-09-2010, 06:54 PM
We're pish just now and have been for over 9 months..

Time for a change asap or we'll have a exciting relegation battle to face..

It won't be that exciting if it's a foregone conclusion by Christmas.................

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Do you really think people are complaining merely because of the last two results.

You may be one of the people who "need to get a grip".

of course they are was there still calls for yogis head when after the well win or after at the end of the window after he'd made his new signings

Dirkster23
18-09-2010, 06:55 PM

we didn't win last week, what's your point:bitchy:

skipster7
18-09-2010, 06:55 PM
aunty + balls= uncle

Baldy Foghorn
18-09-2010, 06:56 PM

Really, so are you happy to be hanging on for a draw at home to Hamilton then?

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 06:57 PM
two things wrong with this.
Everyone isn't
we didn't win last week

is that yogis fault that we missed an open goal and couldnt score from the spot, there was nothing wrong with last weeks performance

Stuarty27
18-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Some of the drivel people talk on this forum is nothing sort of disgusting.

Call your self supporters?

I actually cringe coming on this with some of the BS people talk.

skipster7
18-09-2010, 07:02 PM
of course they are was there still calls for yogis head when after the well win or after at the end of the window after he'd made his new signings
it looks like these were false dawns though and we're now staring reality in the face.no shape, fight ,movement,pace,desire or even pride it seems.every other team must look forward to playing us !

delthehibee
18-09-2010, 07:03 PM

Wake up how many games did we not win after getting pumped from Rangers last season which has now carried on to this season.

Smell the coffee and wake up or are you happy we end bottom as our performance just now that's where we shall end up.

:bitchy:

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Wake up how many games did we not win after getting pumped from Rangers last season which has now carried on to this season.

Smell the coffee and wake up or are you happy we end bottom as our performance just now that's where we shall end up.

:bitchy:

its almost a new team from last season , going by what youre saying on this seasons form dundee utd are relegation candidates aswell

Thecat23
18-09-2010, 07:13 PM

Is it as boring as watching that today?? Mate i'm not being funny but how can you try and defend that? We haven't won at home since March or somthing.. I don't expect Hibs to win every week, but i do expect Hibs to beat Hamilton at home. Or at least play them off the park as we are meant to be streets ahead in terms of playing facilities. Either your winding us up or you clearly have your head in the sand.

delthehibee
18-09-2010, 07:13 PM
its almost a new team from last season , going by what youre saying on this seasons form dundee utd are relegation candidates aswell

Whether you want to admit it or not right now Hibs are struggling major and since am 46 I think i can spot problems within our team and right now we have them, and for the record I wish we had some of the D Utd team

New team or not our football is not up to scratch or do you think what you have seen is :rolleyes:good footbal from Hibernian FC

skipster7
18-09-2010, 07:14 PM
scott i admire your optimism but surely if you were there today it would be obvious we seem to be getting worse if possible.yogi put this team together and some of them look like they cant be arsed !
somethings got to give:boo hoo:

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Whether you want to admit it or not right now Hibs are struggling major and since am 46 I think i can spot problems within our team and right now we have them, and for the record I wish we had some of the D Utd team

New team or not our football is not up to scratch or do you think what you have seen is :rolleyes:good footbal from Hibernian FC

new players take time to gel and play good football , you only have to look as far as the blue half of manchester to see that, full of world class players and cant play like a team yet

Aldo
18-09-2010, 07:19 PM

Mate I have watched some very poor Hibs team in the past and there are guys on here who have done the same.......

I never expect us to win every week but what I expect is a team who try and play for the jersey week in week out. I would rather I had players that went out and put in a shift and a manager who knows his limitations...this is obviously not the case.

I think you will find that most folk would agree with me but would like players who show commitment for the cause.

Teams I watched from the late 80's and 90's were no great shakes however we had one or 2 outstanding players and others who played for the jersey.

We are woeful and will continue on the downward spiral for the foreseable future...if we dont change the management soon it will be too late (if it isnt already).

Hughes for me has to go and go now.

Steve20
18-09-2010, 07:22 PM

We have been awful for ages. However, should we just sit back and accept this is how it is going to be now? Not winning any games.

LeithBoozy
18-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Relegation form is what we are seeing, our manager has not got a clue. :boo hoo:

KiddA
18-09-2010, 07:23 PM

Aye very good Yogi :bye:

delthehibee
18-09-2010, 07:25 PM
new players take time to gel and play good football , you only have to look as far as the blue half of manchester to see that, full of world class players and cant play like a team yet

Scott like you i'm a Hibs man through and through without picking on each other i just hope we can pick our self up big time as we are now running into quite a few hard games.

I hope at end of the season the team do gel, our defence has but midfield has gone just hope Ze can return Scott.

Like you're grit, like both my sons keep it up nice from a positive fan like myself

Cherrie

DEE

lyonhibs
18-09-2010, 07:27 PM

Where to begin.

1) Even if we were solely looking at the last two results, these have been two home games against decidedly bottom 6 teams, in which we have taken an early lead then wholly failed to build on it. That is unacceptable. In the squad we have players with Premiership experience, Miller has played in the Champions league, a couple have player regularly in the Eredivisie, christ even Nish is in the SPL top 10 all-time scorers. That squad should have MORE than enough quality to beat ICT and Hamilton, especially at home.

2) But we're not just looking at the past 2 results (grim as they are) are we?? We're talking about at least 7-8 months, probably more, of mediocre performances matched with mainly mediocre results (mediocre being kind for the Fir Park, McDiarmid Park and New Douglas Park fiascos of last season). The same tactical mistakes, the same bewildering substitutions, the same players seemingly above reproach (tho this seems to be - sort of - being addressed). The same dismissive/patronising post-match interviews from Yogi, the same almost impressive stubborn unwillingness to see the fundamental flaws in his "Dutch style" philosophy pish, the same blinkered refusal to play - from the start - a Hibs team with a) any real width and pace, despite us having the players and pitch to offer that or b) with players playing in their preferred position.

If you can't see that the above is true, then it's not me, or any of the other hundreds (and in the non-online world, probably thousands) of Hibs fans that need to get a grip.

And what do you mean "we won't win every week" as if that's some sort of killer argument. I know we won't win every week, such an expectation would be daft, but we've not won at home for pushing on EIGHT months.

Let's start with baby steps - let's trying winning "some weeks" eh????

Or does having that wish make me "boring" and mean I need to "get a grip"???

Beefster
18-09-2010, 07:27 PM

You're absolutely right. Nothing to worry about at all.

http://www.kchristieh.com/blog/images/bury_head_sand.jpg

Kevvy1875
18-09-2010, 07:32 PM

Its very boring because in the main its often bang on.

When the team is doing well the threads are positive and when doing badly then negative.

Natural human instincts.

Unless you are super positive and see the good in everyone all of the time....even Jimmy Boco:thumbsup:

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Where to begin.

1) Even if we were solely looking at the last two results, these have been two home games against decidedly bottom 6 teams, in which we have taken an early lead then wholly failed to build on it. That is unacceptable. In the squad we have players with Premiership experience, Miller has played in the Champions league, a couple have player regularly in the Eredivisie, christ even Nish is in the SPL top 10 all-time scorers. That squad should have MORE than enough quality to beat ICT and Hamilton, especially at home.

2) But we're not just looking at the past 2 results (grim as they are) are we?? We're talking about at least 7-8 months, probably more, of mediocre performances matched with mainly mediocre results (mediocre being kind for the Fir Park, McDiarmid Park and New Douglas Park fiascos of last season). The same tactical mistakes, the same bewildering substitutions, the same players seemingly above reproach (tho this seems to be - sort of - being addressed). The same dismissive/patronising post-match interviews from Yogi, the same almost impressive stubborn unwillingness to see the fundamental flaws in his "Dutch style" philosophy pish, the same blinkered refusal to play - from the start - a Hibs team with a) any real width pace, despite us having the players to offer that or b) with players playing in their preferred position.

If you can't see that the above is true, then it's not me, or any of the other hundreds (and in the non-online world, probably thousands) of Hibs fans that need to get a grip.

And what do you mean "we won't win every week" as if that's some sort of killer argument. I know we won't win every week, such an expectation would be daft, but we've not won at home for pushing on EIGHT months.

Let's start with baby steps - let's trying winning "some weeks" eh????

Or does having that wish make me "boring" and mean I need to "get a grip"???

did similar runs not happen under collins and before that towards the end mowbray , not winning at home in 8 months is a stupid stat considering the season was finished inbetween

lyonhibs
18-09-2010, 07:40 PM
did similar thing not happen under collins and before that towards the end mowbray , not winning at home in 8 months is a stupid stat considering the season was finished inbetween

Errr no, because whatever way you spin it, this is our longest winless streak at Easter Road.

EVER.

skipster7
18-09-2010, 07:45 PM
did similar runs not happen under collins and before that towards the end mowbray , not winning at home in 8 months is a stupid stat considering the season was finished inbetween
i agree that using dates is daft, we've even had a world cup in the meantime !!
but just counting games we have almost played a whole round of fixtures at home without winning.not only not good enough but relegation material:boo hoo:

BEEJ
18-09-2010, 07:47 PM
You are either:

a) a relative of Yogi's
b) someone who wasn't at the game today;
c) someone who was at the game today but was too pished / distracted to observe what was actually happening on the field of play;
d) a first-class wind-up merchant;
e) a Yam.

And I can't yet work out which. :dunno:

lyonhibs
18-09-2010, 07:49 PM
You are either:

a) a relative of Yogi's
c) someone who was at the game today but was too pished / distracted to observe what was actually happening on the field of play;
e) a Yam.

I'm going for a,b,d and quite possibly e.

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 07:50 PM
i agree that using dates is daft, we've even had a world cup in the meantime !!
but just counting games we have almost played a whole round of fixtures at home without winning.not only not good enough but relegation material:boo hoo:

dont get me wrong i know were far from brilliant at the minute but this season we no worse off than utd and the majority of the spl for that matter had we been 3 points better off we'd be behind 3rd on goal diffrence and almost all the criticism on here would be much more positive

down the slope
18-09-2010, 07:50 PM
You are either:

a) a relative of Yogi's
e) a Yam.

Aye to all of these, is was Preston !.

Badge
18-09-2010, 07:52 PM

If you're happy with 2 points from 3 games against St Mirren. ICT and Hamilton then you're kidding yourself on. We are poor. You need to get a grip. Much more of this and we are in the ****. I can't believe you're serious. If you are you're a joke.

Gus Fring
18-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I think "Worst run of results in the clubs history" sums it up nicely.

Even after the game Yogi was still digging himself a whole with his silly comments. Thats twice in just over a week he's made himself sound a tit on the BBC.

lyonhibs
18-09-2010, 07:58 PM
dont get me wrong i know were far from brilliant at the minute but this season we no worse off than utd and the majority of the spl for that matter had we been 3 points better off we'd be behind 3rd on goal diffrence and almost all the criticism on here would be much more positive

Who have played St Mirren away (we lost, they drew) Hearts away (they drew, and god knows right now I'd be happy with that) and Rangers away. The only truly rubbish result they've had is a 4-0 horsing by ICT at home.

Their opening 5 fixtures haven't involved 2 bottom 6 teams at home, and anyway, I doubt their problems run as fundamentally deep with the management team as ours do.

I admire your defence of Yogi, but in the face of the hard, cold facts, your pissing in the wind.

essexhibee
18-09-2010, 08:47 PM
The OP is laughable.

As is yogi, the team, it all.

Too draw at home to ict then hamilton after TWICE taking the lead in both matches is a disgrace.

Yogi has lost it. farcical. :grr:

Busy Bear
18-09-2010, 08:54 PM
The OP is laughable.

As is yogi, the team, it all.

Too draw at home to ict then hamilton after TWICE taking the lead in both matches is a disgrace.

Yogi has lost it. farcical. :grr:

Yup not being able to defend a lead is poor, what seems to happen on the pitch is when the going is good the team looks ok/good but as soon as we are pegged back or down in a game it seem we are cluless as to what to do. Could be confidence is rock bottom, or more worryingly the coaching is simply not up to scratch

The Green Goblin
18-09-2010, 09:02 PM
It`s time for Hughes to admit he`s not up to the job, stop wasting everyone`s time and do the decent thing and move on.

As for who might replace him, I have no idea. Will it make thing better? Again, no idea, but I think that standing by and watching Hibs slip closer and closer to another relegation fight is the worse of two evils here.

Taking a chance with someone else would at least give us a chance of improving. That`s not going to happen under Yogi, who is guiding Hibs further and further down a slippery slope with each passing week.

GG

woody47
18-09-2010, 09:08 PM

What a stupid arguement to make.

HE didn't and that is the point :grr:

March this year was the last time we won at home and if you are happy with that I want some of what you've been smoking/drinking.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
18-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt the worst thread ever. Over react? Aye rite. In fact, r u yogi? 2 points from games agains stmirren, inverness n hamilton, great return! Over reaction, you stil think!

Saorsa
18-09-2010, 09:52 PM
fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are ridiculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring:yawn:Today and last weeK?

Win every week? perform every week?

where have you been and what have you been watching?

I'll have some of what you're on.

Ed De Gramo
18-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Today and last weeK?

Win every week? perform every week?

where have you been and what have you been watching?

I'll have some of what you're on.

you've had enuff :greengrin

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 10:40 PM
some of the posts in this thread sum up exactly what the thread title says

HFC 0-7
18-09-2010, 10:56 PM

Yeah thats a silly stat, lets use this one. Hibs have been around for 135 years and this current run of home form under John Yogi Hughes is the worst in hibs lifetime. If there is a hibs fan out there that is 135 years old, this run of league form is the worst he or she will have ever seen.

In the last 20 games of the SPL hibs have won a massive 4 games against Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Dundee Utd and Motherwell. We have lost 12 games and drawn 4. Giving us a grand 16 points out of a possible 60! Even Falkirk's last 20 games in the SPL they managed to get 18 points!

Seriously look at these stats and tell me that there isnt anything to be concerned about at ER and that people are still over reacting!

King Paddy
18-09-2010, 10:58 PM
overreaction not from where i was sitting. Quite simply it was without craft, drive and purpose. headless chickens on the park and a headless chicken of a manager = relegation IMO.

Hibby 2005
18-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Falkirk fans warned us. They wanted rid of him for ****s sake.

Gmack7
18-09-2010, 11:05 PM
or this week

iwasthere1972
18-09-2010, 11:12 PM

Is that you Yogi?

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Thought Yogi was a good choice. Modern thinking manager, rated in the game, plenty spirit and passion, and with a great love for the club and understanding of the fans aspirations.

It still astonishes me not that it's gone tits up, but to the sheer extent it has. He's alienated the players, who clearly wish they were anywhere but around him, and now the fans, who think he's a demented bam of the highest order. I shudder to think what his relationship with the board must be like, but I'd be very surprised if his P45 wasn't already being placed in an envelope pending our inevitable league cup exit at Killie next week.

I think we definately put a curse on our ex-players in the managers chair.

I'm sad, cause I really wanted him to do well, but he's clearly lost every shred of authority he ever had.

scott_hfc1875
18-09-2010, 11:40 PM
removed

:yawn:as soon as anyone says something diffrent on here the yam quotes come out,

really cant be botherd with .net anymore and as i cant find a delete option can one of the admin do me the honour

MSK
18-09-2010, 11:51 PM
:yawn:as soon as anyone says something diffrent on here the yam quotes come out,

really cant be botherd with .net anymore and as i cant find a delete option can one of the admin do me the honourYour account doesnt have to be deleted ..just dont post or read ..then come back when things have settled down ..if they ever settle down ..:greengrin

Hibby 2005
18-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Thought Yogi was a good choice. Modern thinking manager, rated in the game, plenty spirit and passion, and with a great love for the club and understanding of the fans aspirations.

It still astonishes me not that it's gone tits up, but to the sheer extent it has. He's alienated the players, who clearly wish they were anywhere but around him, and now the fans, who think he's a demented bam of the highest order. I shudder to think what his relationship with the board must be like, but I'd be very surprised if his P45 wasn't already being placed in an envelope pending our inevitable league cup exit at Killie next week.

I'm sad, cause I really wanted him to do well, but he's clearly lost every shred of authority he ever had.

Summed up better than anybody else could have.

Steve-O
18-09-2010, 11:57 PM

I now see your post was actually a coded message, I've picked out the bits you wanted us to see :agree:

Steve-O
19-09-2010, 12:01 AM

Pretty sure we'd be a wee bit more relaxed about things if we'd just won the Scottish Cup 4 months ago though :rolleyes:

brianmc
19-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Relaxed?? I'd still be pished!

Springbank
19-09-2010, 01:38 AM
It`s time for Hughes to admit he`s not up to the job, stop wasting everyone`s time and do the decent thing and move on.

As for who might replace him, I have no idea. Will it make thing better? Again, no idea, but I think that standing by and watching Hibs slip closer and closer to another relegation fight is the worse of two evils here.

Taking a chance with someone else would at least give us a chance of improving. That`s not going to happen under Yogi, who is guiding Hibs further and further down a slippery slope with each passing week.

GG

Michael O'Neill :cool2:

Cabbage1875
19-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Listen guys. Now I am not giving a **** if you want to consider if my auntie had baws she would be my uncle. I'm dealing in the cold hard facts here, we are right in the midst of a relegation dogfight under this patronising twat. What are YOU going to do about it?

Continue to attend easter road in hope that the dumpling will turn it round?

The first signs of insanity are doing the same things thinking there will be a different outcome! Are you willing to let this get untenable?

I think it already is.... For the sake of this club he HAS to go now.

MSK
19-09-2010, 04:38 AM
Listen guys. Now I am not giving a **** if you want to consider if my auntie had baws she would be my uncle. I'm dealing in the cold hard facts here, we are right in the midst of a relegation dogfight under this patronising twat. What are YOU going to do about it?

Continue to attend easter road in hope that the dumpling will turn it round?

The first signs of insanity are doing the same things thinking there will be a different outcome! Are you willing to let this get untenable?

I think it already is.... For the sake of this club he HAS to go now.What do you suggest then Cabbage ..boycott games & hurt the club financially ..?..

Or head to the back o the West and :protest:

Big90inOz
19-09-2010, 04:39 AM
I wasn't 100% convinced with the signing of Yogi, I was however 100% convinced that we would be no mugs and would have a side with steel in it who wouldn't take a backward step when the going got tough. I was 100% wrong, we have a side who are going through the motions with no real idea of direction.
This football retention idea is great IF there is an end product, our idea of keeping the ball is sideway, sideway, forward, back, sideways, back which usually ends in a hoof which the other side win and go on the attack. We are ****in boring to watch :grr:
I heard Ian Murray last night say Matty Jack was a footballer with limited ability, well I wish we had a couple of Matty Jacks in there now :agree:

Time for Yogi to walk :bye: If he will not walk then he needs the push.

hibiedude
19-09-2010, 06:39 AM

If you think the fans are only upset because of the last 2 games then you need medical attention.

We have been rank rotten for 7-8 months and we getting worse as each game passes.

Could you tell us about the positives things that are happening on the field?

lyonhibs
19-09-2010, 10:24 AM
If you think the fans are only upset because of the last 2 games then you need medical attention.

We have been rank rotten for 7-8 months and we getting worse as each game passes.

Could you tell us about the positives things that are happening on the field?

The silence is deafening..............

:tumble:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Quality wind up by the OP, his catch bag is overflowing, if, as i suspect it isnt a wind up he is simply an erse!

Phil MaGlass
19-09-2010, 11:39 AM

Dunno how you can defend the indefensible?????????
The guys out of his depth. If you had seen us in pre season you would know that.

snooky
19-09-2010, 11:47 AM

Sadly DBS, I think most of us agree with you.