PDA

View Full Version : Handshake

steviecarnie
18-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Dont know if anyone else noticed this, but Yogi shook hands with every player including hamiltons, BUT turned his back to galbraith and let him walk by.

Hibby Bairn
18-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I did notice that. WTF?

Prof. Shaggy
18-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Dont know if anyone else noticed this, but Yogi shook hands with every player including hamiltons, BUT turned his back to galbraith and let him walk by.

No he didn't.

Judas Iscariot
18-09-2010, 05:16 PM
If true, that is ****ing pathetic!

Everyone knows he doesn't like DG but to do that just shows Yogi up for what he's made out to be!

A big stupid ****ing bully!

He needs to be punted asap before we're even further in the ****..

steviecarnie
18-09-2010, 05:16 PM
No he didn't.

yes he did, 2 hibs players were coming off the field at the same time (think it was hanlon but not 100%), and yogi went towards the him, turning his back to galbraith and letting him walk by. i pointed this out to people i was standing around, so others in the east will have seen it too.

Hibby Bairn
18-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Yip. Definitely deliberately blanked him.

EasterRoad4Ever
18-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Shows the mark of the man.

Hughes WILL get fired, its just a matter of when the Hibs Board finally get the guts to put us all out of our misery. It was the WRONG appointment by the Hibs Board who must share the responsibility for this mistake. Hughes is a poor ambassador for the club and now brings it into disrepute every time he opens his gob. Blaming the fans for the worst run of home results in 135 years is simply SHAMEFUL and the thrashing and ramblings of someone who is out of their depth and clueless.

ForeverHibs93
18-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Galbraith/Yogi hmmmm:hmmm: bye John:greengrin:bye:

DaveF
18-09-2010, 05:34 PM
He did blank Galbraith. He was giving Hanlon some sort of mini lecture and saw Galbraith walking off and ignored him.

Quite possibly reading far too much into all this but that's from my view in the Upper West.

PeterboroHibee
18-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Thats shocking if true, just the sort of management required to fill a young guy with confidence :bitchy:.

Albion Hibs
18-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I did see that, but dont know how much to read into it.

If that was the case then he should have punched De Graff, Grounds and McBride in the face as they walked off!

Twiglet
18-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Never saw the diss at the end, but I did notice that Yogi was giving Galbraith (and McBride) a hard time today which was unjustified as far as I could see.

Does anyone know what was he getting at Galbraith for?

hibbybrian
18-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know what was he getting at Galbraith for?

probably for being a wide boy in a team that does't seem to know what a winger is :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
I didn't see the episode but I've had concerns about Hughes' 'man management' since day one.

All this 'one of the lads' guff just doesn't wash. You can't be one of the lads and still have the necessary respect when things aren't going well, to hold the team together.

I suspect that if you don't join in on Hughes' 'hilarious' practical jokes you're not seen as a team player and fall out of favour, and I also fear that his embarrassing interview the other week, when he seemed to have totally lost it, was a bit of a giveaway, concerning his bullying side.

However, all this is just conjecture on my part and I don't have any sources.:wink:

Call it a woman's intuition (yes, I'm male, but I'm getting in touch with my feminine side! :greengrin).

TornadoHibby

Yes, I saw that (ignoring Danny) and commented on it at the time! :confused:

Absolute disgrace IMO! :grr:

He didn't shake hands with all the Hamilton players though! :wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
18-09-2010, 05:49 PM

If that was the case then he should have punched De Graff, Grounds and McBride in the face as they walked off!

Shocking! :bitchy:

But quite funny! :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
18-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes, I saw that (ignoring Danny) and commented on it at the time! :confused:

Absolute disgrace IMO! :grr:

He didn't shake hands with all the Hamilton players though! :wink:

Which Hamilton players don't fit in with Hughes' plans, then? :wink:

BT58
18-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Yogi is a removed

sorry mate,,,,,,but even although hes heading for the chop
uncalled for,,,,,,,especially as the term you used is a useful thing,JH is not

TornadoHibby
18-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Which Hamilton players don't fit in with Hughes' plans, then? :wink:

None of them actually (based on how many of their hands he shook)! :wink: :cool2:

Sas_The_Hibby
18-09-2010, 06:09 PM

Perhaps Danny's the only one who's not a Mason. :confused:

Did he shake hands with the match officials? Because if he did then that's the clincher! :wink:

steviecarnie
18-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Perhaps Danny's the only one who's not a Mason. :confused:

Did he shake hands with the match officials? Because if he did then that's the clincher! :wink:

not sure, but he definately waited on the ref to speak to him as they headed down the tunnel together

Alfred E Newman
18-09-2010, 06:35 PM
He did blank Galbraith. He was giving Hanlon some sort of mini lecture and saw Galbraith walking off and ignored him.

Quite possibly reading far too much into all this but that's from my view in the Upper West.

His public lecturing of Hanlon when he came off was ridiculous. He persists in playing the poor guy at left back then lays into him at the end of the game. What was that all about?
Its pathetic and its no wonder the side looks completely bereft of ideas and team spirit.

Prof. Shaggy
18-09-2010, 09:04 PM
yes he did, 2 hibs players were coming off the field at the same time (think it was hanlon but not 100%), and yogi went towards the him, turning his back to galbraith and letting him walk by. i pointed this out to people i was standing around, so others in the east will have seen it too.

Didn't look anything like that to me.

sambajustice
18-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Maybe he was saving a knuckle tickle for galbraith for the changing room! There's too many knuckle ticklers at easter road!

Twiglet
18-09-2010, 09:40 PM
probably for being a wide boy in a team that does't seem to know what a winger is :greengrin

Oh, the strain of being a Hibs fan at the moment! It took me a few reads to understand it. LOL

I'm not with it tonight (no alcohol has passed my lips before anyone asks!). Think it's time to :zzzzz!:

Hibby 2005
18-09-2010, 11:31 PM
If Yogi did blank Galbraith today then it surely defies belief, especially since Yogi has pretty much blanked him for two years.

Prof. Shaggy
18-09-2010, 11:34 PM
If Yogi did blank Galbraith today then it surely defies belief, especially since Yogi has pretty much blanked him for two years.

But he didn't.

Gala Foxes
18-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I think back to his " I cant ask any more of my laddies" interview after the Ross County debacle - 6 months on , no further forward.

YetholmHibee
19-09-2010, 12:03 AM

Why De Graff?

Of all the midfielders, he was the only one looking for the pass (& moving). De Graff will get himself into attacking postitions - did miller & mcbride & galbrath?

TornadoHibby
19-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Didn't look anything like that to me.

No idea where you sit in the stadium but you are 100% wrong mate! :agree:

I saw it clearly from my seat which is in the perfect position to see clearly what happened here and Yogi IGNORED Galbraith and turned to "address" Hanlon! :wink: :agree:

Prof. Shaggy
19-09-2010, 10:06 AM
No idea where you sit in the stadium but you are 100% wrong mate! :agree:

I saw it clearly from my seat which is in the perfect position to see clearly what happened here and Yogi IGNORED Galbraith to shake Hanlon's hand! :wink: :agree:

At the time I was standing waiting for my row to file out to the stairs in the West upper. There was nothing else to look at at that time so I watched Yogi shaking the players hands as they left the field. I saw Hanlon and Galbraith leave together and I saw Yogi shake Hanlon's hand. I am 99% certain he did not snub Galbraith in the way decribed. (Only because I am in principle unhappy about you or I or anyone else being 100% certain of anything).

GloryGlory
19-09-2010, 10:46 AM

:agree: I don't know why we bothered to widen the pitch*, as the players spend most of the game clustered into a space within a few yards of each other. At times, you could almost throw a blanket over all the outfield players.

There is a serious lack of creativity in the midfield - Hamilton put balls inside our full backs numerous times yesterday and nearly always got someone out wide and in space to pick up the pass and create the opportunity to knock over a cross. I don't think we attempted that sort of pass once - no-one seems to want to run into space, no-one seems to want to put in a defence-splitting or defence-stretching ball, no-one seems to be able to cross the ball (corners once again useless), no-one wants to run beyond defenders, no-one seems to have a clue what they are doing (how many times did we have two players going for the same ball and both lost out?), no-one seems to be capable of being first to the ball (we were second all over the pitch yesterday).

I could go on further about the lack of shape and organisation, about the lack of ability to do even simple things like control the ball or pass the ball a few yards, but it's been obvious for months and it's becoming more obvious that the manager and coaches are unwilling or unable to sort it out.

* I realise it was to comply with the UEFA regulations, but you get my drift!

Hibby Bairn
19-09-2010, 11:31 AM
At the time I was standing waiting for my row to file out to the stairs in the West upper. There was nothing else to look at at that time so I watched Yogi shaking the players hands as they left the field. I saw Hanlon and Galbraith leave together and I saw Yogi shake Hanlon's hand. I am 99% certain he did not snub Galbraith in the way decribed. (Only because I am in principle unhappy about you or I or anyone else being 100% certain of anything).

No ****gy...he definitely snubbed Galbraith. Hanlon, in fact, was first to leave and Hughes, for some reason, stopped him and gave him what looked like a talking to at the mouth of the tunnel. Galbraith left the field alongside another player later on (not sure who) and Hughes moved deliberately towards the player on his left to shake his hand leaving Galbraith handshakeless :cool2:.

Quite why he chose to shake everyone's hand I'm not sure. It was as if he wanted to reflect the fact that they gave him everything. Which they clearly did not. But that is Yogi. Everyone's pal.

Albion Hibs
19-09-2010, 12:13 PM
His public lecturing of Hanlon when he came off was ridiculous. He persists in playing the poor guy at left back then lays into him at the end of the game. What was that all about?
Its pathetic and its no wonder the side looks completely bereft of ideas and team spirit.

Agreed. Hanlon is never a left back, but he is a promising CH. Why Yogi insists on hammering him, yet gives Grounds a big hug and rub on the back when he comes off, is beyond me. Oh actually its not, he is just trying to keeps everyone believing in a guff signing. Well done John.

Why De Graff?

Of all the midfielders, he was the only one looking for the pass (& moving). De Graff will get himself into attacking postitions - did miller & mcbride & galbrath?

"Looking for the pass"... you must have been watching another game - his confidence is gone, several times throughout the game he turned is back on the ball from a set piece like he wanted nothing to do with it. There is no point moving into a space where no one can find you.

He is clearly stuggling to get into the league and for me needs perhaps a few bounce matches / sub appearances.

I struggle to believe Rankin cannot get a game in front of him on current form.

TornadoHibby
19-09-2010, 12:21 PM

Fair enough but I was less than 10 yards from the people concerned as they headed into the tunnel hence why I am certain of what I saw! :cool2:

You must always do what is best for you though and I imagine that's why you have stated the particular principle that you have followed! :agree:

Prof. Shaggy
19-09-2010, 02:00 PM
No ****gy...he definitely snubbed Galbraith. Hanlon, in fact, was first to leave and Hughes, for some reason, stopped him and gave him what looked like a talking to at the mouth of the tunnel. Galbraith left the field alongside another player later on (not sure who) and Hughes moved deliberately towards the player on his left to shake his hand leaving Galbraith handshakeless :cool2:.

Quite why he chose to shake everyone's hand I'm not sure. It was as if he wanted to reflect the fact that they gave him everything. Which they clearly did not. But that is Yogi. Everyone's pal.

At the time I was sure(84%) it was McBride.
And it's Prof. ****gy to you.

Fair enough but I was less than 10 yards from the people concerned as they headed into the tunnel hence why I am certain of what I saw! :cool2:

You must always do what is best for you though and I imagine that's why you have stated the particular principle that you have followed! :agree:

I'm happy to acknowledge your proximity to these events. That makes me only 90% certain no snub was intended.

Yesterday's game posed huge questions for Hibs about our style of play, our coaching and fitness regimes, the attitudes of supporters to our players and the fitness of our manager to do his job. I'm at least 64.753% certain this question is trivial.

TornadoHibby
19-09-2010, 02:30 PM

I'm happy to acknowledge your proximity to these events. That makes me only 90% certain no snub was intended.

Yesterday's game posed huge questions for Hibs about our style of play, our coaching and fitness regimes, the attitudes of supporters to our players and the fitness of our manager to do his job. I'm at least 64.753% certain this question is trivial.

Only 64.753% certain, and you a professor too?! :wink: :greengrin

In the context of the rest of our season potentially following the same route as most of last season unless radical changes are made regarding the overall management of the football team especially on match days, I would suggest this issue is 100% trivial! :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
19-09-2010, 02:49 PM

:faf::thumbsup:

Hibby Bairn
19-09-2010, 02:50 PM

OK Prof. :cool2:

If you were 84% sure it was McBride that left the field with Galbraith does that mean you were only 16% certain in your original post that it was Hanlon? :greengrin

Of course philosophically I cannot even be 100% sure that I was even at the game. Or at least the same game as you. Or that I or Hughes even exist. :agree:

Stuarty27
19-09-2010, 03:21 PM

Yeah he did do that.

Yogi personally hates Galbraith and wants him out the club and by not shaking his hand and his hand only it means he is on the transfer list. Get him out the club..

Another idiot!

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Apparently David Beckham forgot to kiss his wife before he left for training on Friday, i'm 37% sure they will both die within the next 100 years.

Prof. Shaggy
19-09-2010, 03:56 PM
OK Prof. :cool2:

If you were 84% sure it was McBride that left the field with Galbraith does that mean you were only 16% certain in your original post that it was Hanlon? :greengrin

Of course philosophically I cannot even be 100% sure that I was even at the game. Or at least the same game as you. Or that I or Hughes even exist. :agree:

I allowed myself to be persuaded that it was Hanlon by other poster's comments. I am content to have been corrected by you that it was not and am now sure it was McBride.
Philosophically you are right in most of your epistemological observations. You can be sure, however, that you exist. Even if that only means I have dreamt you up.