PDA

View Full Version : yogi interview (merged)

Liam89
18-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Awwww Yogi says that hamilton scared us, cute.
:grr::grr:

Kaiser_Sauzee
18-09-2010, 04:24 PM
'Maybe they (the fans) think we are better than we are' WTF?!?!

London Hibs FC
18-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Maybe they think we're better than we are!!!!
Did I actually hear that right???

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Maybe the fans think were better than we are, HUGHES GTF yir times up you ^%$#$%$%:grr:^

ScottB
18-09-2010, 04:26 PM
'Maybe they (the fans) think we are better than we are' WTF?!?!

Honestly, at any point will he hold his own damn hands up and blame himself?

If I actually had the slightest impression that he thinks there is a problem with himself, I might be inclined to let him continue, but he doesn't.

He must go and go now.

Betty Boop
I am gobsmacked at that interview. He has clearly lost the plot.

stokesmessiah

Did he honestly just say the fans think we are better than we are???

So we are a bottom 6 team now?? :bitchy:

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 04:27 PM
His time is up, ah couldnae believe ma ears:grr:

Liam89
18-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Aye, that's the message to all the hibs fans, we think we are better than we really are. 5 months or however long it is without a home win but that's okay we just need to lower our expectations. :rolleyes:

PaulSmith
18-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Maybe the fans think were better than we are, HUGHES GTF yir times up you ^%$#$%$%:grr:^

That's several times in the last few weeks he's mentioned that we should lower our expectations, sorry Hughes but 5 points out of opening fixtures against Motherwell, St Mirren, ICT, Hamilton and Rangers is pathetic.

I wonder if the board share his view that we should lower our expectations

Beefster
Anyone that's surprised by the pish that he's now coming out with now - go back and read interviews when he was under pressure at Falkirk.

PeeJay

Is this on the BBC or where can I listen to this gem?

SneakersO'Toole
Aye, that's the message to all the hibs fans, we think we are better than we really are. 5 months or however long it is without a home win but that's okay we just need to lower our expectations. :rolleyes:

He embarrasses himself and the club every time he speaks.

'The fans think we are better than we are'. How arrogant can one man be?

You assembled this team you balloon! Its you that can't get them to perform.

hiblander
18-09-2010, 04:30 PM

and all Hibs need is a good rant aye ? GTF..as long as he beats the crop we'll be sound.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Oh dear ..

Devine
18-09-2010, 04:31 PM

An absolute f***ing disgrace. The man is a clown and any support I had left for him is gone after that and his nonsense about the support needing educated during the week is another joke.

Own up to your mistakes or GTF and let us move on same pi$h every week. If he wants me to lower my expectations against Inverness and Hamilton he can go and raffle himself

(((Fergus)))
18-09-2010, 04:33 PM
he's just trying to cultivate an underdog mentality.

I really think we can stay up this year! :thumbsup:

random sub
18-09-2010, 04:35 PM
FFS- I don't think we are better than we are but I know how bad we are...and it's scary.

johnbc70
18-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Anyone that's surprised by the pish that he's now coming out with now - go back and read interviews when he was under pressure at Falkirk.

:agree: Speaking to a Falkirk ST holder who says he has seen all this before and he can almost word for word come out with what Yogi will say in an interview as he heard and saw all this at Falkirk.

The man who came within 20 mins of getting his team relegated, which seemed to be the criteria for getting the Hibs job.

hibiedude
18-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Yogi is never a manager he lack the basics and this interview sums him up perfectly

over to the happy clappers for there wise opinion

DC_Hibs
18-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Hughes is right.

I expected 3 points today as the board have allowed him to sign 15-20 players in just over a year so I'd expect him to have put a decent side together to take care of Hamilton.

Bozo

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Is this on the BBC or where can I listen to this gem?

It was live on BBC radio Scotland.

gringojoe
18-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Second to every ball, gutless and clueless we were crap. I'm totally pissed off and he spews this load of joby.

hiblander
18-09-2010, 04:39 PM
An absolute f***ing disgrace. The man is a clown and any support I had left for him is gone after that and his nonsense about the support needing educated during the week is another joke.

Own up to your mistakes or GTF and let us move on same pi$h every week. If he wants me to lower my expectations against Inverness and Hamilton he can go and raffle himself

...try Ross County last season.....no?:confused:

smurf
18-09-2010, 04:40 PM
A quite incredible interview of epic delusional proportions...

scotty1875
18-09-2010, 04:51 PM
I must be completely institutionalised by Yogis interview pap as if you'd asked me if I'd settle for a point before KO today, I'd have taken it on the basis of our performance last saturday and Hughes' obvious inability to change tactics / motivate the squad.

I haven't posted comments about Hughes tenure to date but that comment on the radio today sealed it for me. Let's aspire to be no better that St Mirren, ICT and Hamilton.. aye right.

GTF Hughes :bye:

Wilson
18-09-2010, 04:53 PM

You clearly think we're better than we are!

Yogi was right :bitchy:

yekimevol
18-09-2010, 04:58 PM
yogi does that mean that mixu over achieved ?????

soupy
18-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Hes well and truely lost my backing!:grr:

KiddA
18-09-2010, 05:01 PM

The guy has to be sacked plain and simple what a disgraceful start and my biggest fear the board will stick with him then it will be too late. Duffy had a better record at home FACT and look what happened to us that season :boo hoo:

Time for the board to respond and do something about this, the fans deserve better for the money they pay. Nice stadium crap product on the park, time to start investing in the team and stop signing journeyman like Trakys and Duffy.

I honestly gave Yogi a chance and thought he would turn it around but the alarm bells are starting to ring around Easter Road in a big way and something has to be done.

lucky
18-09-2010, 05:02 PM
''Fans booing they obviously think we are better than we are.'' Wrong again Yogi we booing cos the team is gash and we heading for the first division. Previously supported him but he must go now.

Www1875hfc
18-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Aye cheers yogi..4 wins in 26 is it now?
And we think we are better than what we are...ken what you can do yogi ya patronising tw@t..GTF before its too effin late.

hiblander
18-09-2010, 05:08 PM
The guy has to be sacked plain and simple what a disgraceful start and my biggest fear the board will stick with him then it will be too late. Duffy had a better record at home FACT and look what happened to us that season :boo hoo:

Time for the board to respond and do something about this, the fans deserve better for the money they pay. Nice stadium crap product on the park, time to start investing in the team and stop signing journeyman like Trakys and Duffy.

I honestly gave Yogi a chance and thought he would turn it around but the alarm bells are starting to ring around Easter Road in a big way and something has to be done.

JUDGE IT WHEN IT COMES TO HEARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then maybe Hibs will get back to our TM or JC or MP, JH excellance !

MountcastleHibs
18-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Lower our expectations? Sorry but I expect to have more than 5 points after playing 3 of the bottom 4 in our opening 5 fixtures. I expect to be able to beat ict and hamilton at home (no disrespect to these clubs but we have to if we have serious ambitions). And I expect that out of 21 games our record looks a lot better than won 4, drawn 5 and lost 12. I also expect to have seen my team win in less than 8 games at home. He's completely lost it.

These interviews are becoming very reminiscent of his interviews at Falkirk. Sorry Yogi, but it's time to go.

Arch Stanton
18-09-2010, 05:10 PM

:agree:
I am reluctant to heap pressure on Yogi but I do believe we will be good enough to avoid the drop but only if the board are prepared to loose the purse strings and let Yogi get in a few more players over the December transfer window!

However, I can see Yogi getting no more than 6 months If we still haven't won at home by next March then the board will probably need to start to think about replacing him.

Jim44
18-09-2010, 05:11 PM
The man is a confirmed fool and to say that the " the fans think we are better than we really are." is an admission that he is not hacking it. That actually might be quite true but the simple fact of the matter is that we should be better than we are. The fact we are not is entirely Hughes's fault and what is Petrie going to do about it?

Beefster
18-09-2010, 05:16 PM
I am reluctant to heap pressure on Yogi but I do believe we will be good enough to avoid the drop but only if the board are prepared to loose the purse strings and let Yogi get in a few more players over the December transfer window!

However, I can see Yogi getting no more than 6 months If we still haven't won at home by next March then the board will probably need to start to think about replacing him.

Even if we get relegated, I think Hughes should be given more time. He'll get that team to gel eventually.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Even if we get relegated, I think Hughes should be given more time. He'll get that team to gel eventually.

With Hughes in charge, I reckon we'll walk the East of Scotland League in a few years' time. :greengrin

SneakersO'Toole
18-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Just heard the interview on BBC website. Deary me, its bad. So patronising its beyond belief.

'2nd half it was one way traffic'. What game was he watching?

'They gave me everything'. Big surpirse there...

'If they know their football the answers are staring them (fans) in the face'. You clearly don't know your football then John.

Also, when questioned about this dismal home record he played the card of 'we've played big teams'.

His interviews are so condescending and arrogant I can barely listen to them without filling up with rage.

Hibby Bairn
18-09-2010, 05:22 PM
The bit about 'one way traffic' is what I picked up on in the car. We were hanging on for a point ffs.

Lofarl
18-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Here its here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9012424.stm

yekimevol
18-09-2010, 05:24 PM
wednesdays evening news headline :

hughes sacked after mixu sealed his coffin

BSEJVT
18-09-2010, 05:24 PM
To be honest, if he actually believed any of that crap he came out with in that interview, not only should he not be Hibs Manager but he should be sectioned promptly for his own safety as he is clearly utterly delusional.

I honestly dont think there is one comment he made in that interview that I could agree with.

(((Fergus)))
18-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Here its here

"working with amateurs" :bitchy:

Sas_The_Hibby
18-09-2010, 05:33 PM
To be fair, he had a wee bit of a josh with the interviewer, which is what it's all about, really. In fact he obviously found Charlie Mann's phone going off almost as funny as us throwing away a 4 goal lead at Fir Park, which was another hoot.

Good managers learn from their mistakes, accept responsibility, face up to where the problems lie and do something about them. None of these seem to apply to Hughes and I was finding myself half hoping, toward the end of the game, that Hamilton would score because that might bring his departure a step closer.

And, before anyone asks, no, I don't know who the ideal replacement would be, but could they be any worse?

bingo70
18-09-2010, 05:35 PM
He said it was one way traffic in the second half, no it wasn't, it was us that was hanging on for the point at the end and it was them that missed the sitter when the boy was put clean through but put it wide.

He says there's a lot of good things happening at the club and if we can take time to think about it we should see that? The good things happening at our club have nothing to do with him, he's responsible for what happens on the pitch and nothing good is happening there.

I'm not one that clammers to find something wrong with everything he says like some folk on here are, however that was an absolute shocker of an interview.

KiddA
18-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Just heard the interview on BBC website. Deary me, its bad. So patronising its beyond belief.

'2nd half it was one way traffic'. What game was he watching?

'They gave me everything'. Big surpirse there...

'If they know their football the answers are staring them (fans) in the face'. You clearly don't know your football then John.

Also, when questioned about this dismal home record he played the card of 'we've played big teams'.

His interviews are so condescending and arrogant I can barely listen to them without filling up with rage.

Yeah he is coming across as an idiot now with some of the p#sh he is going on about.

What annoys me with most of his interviews now is he always goes back to last seasons early form I mean that is history this is now and we are rank and have been rank since Christmas last year.

Something has to give soon

Worst interview he has had as Hibs manager what an absolute shocker

matty_f
18-09-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't think we're better than we are, but I do think we're not as good as we should be.

We have a bigger spend than Hamilton and ICT, possibly combined. Player for player I would take our squad ahead of theirs (give or take one or two, max).

And for the very reasons that I don't expect us to beat the OF (i.e. their significantly greater resources), I expect us to do better than 2 points from 6 at home to two teams who will be in the bottom 4 or 5 sides come the end of the season.

Not good enough, not by a long, long stretch of the imagination.

PeterboroHibee
18-09-2010, 05:40 PM

Is that the really the standard we are at now? And are you saying that without investment we will get relegated? This is more or less Yogis team now, hes brought in a fair number of players, if they arent good enough then thats his fault and he should thus be taking the flak for it.

EasterRoad4Ever
18-09-2010, 05:41 PM

Yes, I also think the Board will be forced to START thinking about replacing him if (as you say) we haven't won a home game in a full calendar year. You have to draw a line somewhere, and 25 home games without a win is probably about right.

hibees4life89
18-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Ygoi also states in his interview that if the supporters know their football and know whats going on at this club then then the answers are staring them on our faces.

Now this is just joke, we know our football and the performaces we have seen so far aint football so what is he trying to say here.

Not a happy person right now

BT58
18-09-2010, 05:49 PM

HEY MIKEY,,,,,,,,,,,,please ,,,,,get him out NOW,,,,,
if we wait till the killie game,,,,what happens if he wins?????????
afterall its a mickey mouse cup [unless you win it]
2 points from 9 against the so called wee teams,,,,DEARY ME
aye give him till xmas

Twiglet
18-09-2010, 05:51 PM
was speaking to people at work during the week. They saw Yogi's interview on Monday, said that he lloked like a man on the edge...agreed with them then, even more so now.

Hibby Bairn
18-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Yes, I also think the Board will be forced to START thinking about replacing him if (as you say) we haven't won a home game in a full calendar year. You have to draw a line somewhere, and 25 home games without a win is probably about right.

Is that what it is?

Eganov
18-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Yet ANOTHER interview from yogi where shows he couldn't be further from the truth. I don't care how nice a guy or how much of a hibby he is. He now has to go!

The SPL top teams are there for the taking this year and we have a team where Ian Murray can't make the first team because of the quality and he can't beat Inverness or Hamilton at home. Time is running out for us to take advantage of this situation.

Yogi You're a hibs legend but leave before it's too late

new malkyhib
18-09-2010, 06:16 PM
That's several times in the last few weeks he's mentioned that we should lower our expectations, sorry Hughes but 5 points out of opening fixtures against Motherwell, St Mirren, ICT, Hamilton and Rangers is pathetic.

I wonder if the board share his view that we should lower our expectations

Scary thing is the "visionary" rugger-boy accountants on our Board probably do...

Alfred E Newman
18-09-2010, 06:19 PM
I just about drove the car of the road when I heard his ramblings. He was correct about the one way traffic though, except it was towards our goal.
I think he has just signed his death warrant with this latest load of nonsense.

TornadoHibby
18-09-2010, 06:24 PM

I was going to Killie on Wednesday but not after today's clueless and mis-managed performance! :confused:

Doubt if he will get sacked as a result of going out of the CIS at an even earlier stage than last season but you never know?! :cool2: :dunno:

yekimevol
18-09-2010, 06:28 PM
HEY MIKEY,,,,,,,,,,,,please ,,,,,get him out NOW,,,,,
if we wait till the killie game,,,,what happens if he wins?????????
afterall its a mickey mouse cup [unless you win it]
2 points from 9 against the so called wee teams,,,,DEARY ME
aye give him till xmas

mate if i could i would i just heard today that if he didnt win the next two games he's out so on that he is gone. but to go out the cup personally he wold go it means too much. to me there is no such thing as a wee cup, a cup is a up. and it brings in a gd bit of money so rod would get rid if we went out.

personally i wanted out since the end of the season :(

Hibby70
18-09-2010, 06:30 PM
at the very least Petrie should make Yogi apologise for that comment. I was truly shocked by it. So we've to lower our expectations to scraping a point against Hamilton, what next? Have we to do the bounce next time we get a throw-in against St Mirren?

ionahibby
18-09-2010, 06:33 PM

:faf::top marks

Dunbar Hibee
18-09-2010, 06:34 PM
What a shocking interview.

delthehibee
18-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Sorry Yogi second half was a total joke mostly spent in our half, please now WALK you have not got a clue 3 of the slowest defence and no wingers route one not the answer.

Never walk from the support but really hard watching just now and that's sad

Dee
:grr:

BT58
18-09-2010, 06:48 PM
mate if i could i would i just heard today that if he didnt win the next two games he's out so on that he is gone. but to go out the cup personally he wold go it means too much. to me there is no such thing as a wee cup, a cup is a up. and it brings in a gd bit of money so rod would get rid if we went out.

personally i wanted out since the end of the season :(

The rumour I heard was the 2 games we've just played!!!!!!!the crowds are going down
mind you we don't play at ER till a months time
Get rid of him now& his backroom staff too
Mind you I would keep the u19 guy, he seems to be ok

Baldy Foghorn
18-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Im sorry Yogi I am so full of anger at you it is beyond belief..... I believe we should be beating teams like Inverness and Hamilton at home, and playing with pride and passion.... God only knows what you do at East Mains, but it clearly is not working, you have a team of individuals with little urgency, little pace and little desire.... Well done for what you have achieved.... Now away and have a right good look at yourself:grr:

Gatecrasher
18-09-2010, 06:53 PM
our run at home isnt that bad we have only played

Rangers x2
Hearts
ICT
Hamilton
Celtic
Dudee UTD

and Maribor

Eh Yogi thats half the ****ing SPL :grr:

Ernie Cobra
18-09-2010, 07:03 PM
JUDGE IT WHEN IT COMES TO HEARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then maybe Hibs will get back to our TM or JC or MP, JH excellance !

somebody lock this laddie up........it's for his own good:wink:

LeithBoozy
18-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Say what you like this is relagation form we are on. Dont care what anybody says we were so poor I cant believe It. :boo hoo:

Baldy Foghorn
18-09-2010, 07:17 PM
To think that I was scoffed at when I wrote in the Evening News that his appointment was a shocker......

SneakersO'Toole
18-09-2010, 07:22 PM
our run at home isnt that bad we have only played

Rangers x2
Hearts
ICT
Hamilton
Celtic
Dudee UTD

and Maribor

Eh Yogi thats half the ****ing SPL :grr:

And yet he scoffs at reporters for bringing it up like its a stupid question?

Its shameful that he can't take accountability for anything and trys to play things down to deflect the negetive attention away from him.

The guy is an embarrassment.

Wull
18-09-2010, 07:26 PM
those phone calls must have been "TAXI for Mr HUGHS":bye::bye:

delbert
18-09-2010, 07:31 PM
'The fans think we are better than we are'

So basically, the fans are to blame for being so gullble as to think that all these players that I signed were actually going to take this club forward, and that I could set a team up with the remote possibility of beating either ICT or Accies.

Yes its all our fault, why I did'nt see this before, I just don't (don@t) know

Does anybody know where I can buy a canvas jacket with wrap around sleeves, as I believe I know someone who is in desparate need of one !!

essexhibee
18-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Yogi is gone. Lost it.

Finished.

James.
18-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I used to think that Mixu's post-match interviews were the most delusional and irritating drivel I'd heard!

Well done Yogi! You've taken pathetic interviews to new heights (or lows) :grr:

Might add, I won't be going to Killie - 10 minutes from my house, in fear of giving the players the impression that my expectations are higher than they should be.

Atalanta
18-09-2010, 08:03 PM
"If they sit back and have a right good think about what is happening at this club and they know their football, the answers are staring them in the face."

That was a clear dig at both the fans and the board. Yes we have smaller budget than the Old Firm and Hearts but I'm sure we have as much if not more than Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell and the rest of the league so no Mr Hughes, our expectations are not too high. The mistake we have made is to listen to your excuses for too long. The answer staring me in the face is that you can't cut it. It is clear to me that every time you open your mouth you are an embarrassment to this proud football club with your ignorant and patronising ramblings. Last season we had all that nonsense about the boys having done so much for him when the team was in freefall. I like many fans felt that we should give him a chance during the close season to bring a few new players in and then judge him properly. It now seems that the chickens are coming home to roost big time as the team which has struggled since January has been weakened by some of the new players he has signed and its decline is now accelerating.

It is sad but he came from a bottom six team, he has signed players that are bottom six standard and now we are playing bottom six football. He has now clearly set his sights as being no better than bottom six.

Mixu lost his job because he could only get us into the top six by the skin of his teeth. I'm sure the board will be aware of the malaise afflicting the club this year and I think it is now only a matter of time before he is sent packing too. I just hope it happens soon so a new manager has a chance to rescue the season from becoming a relegation scrap.

It is said that many people in their working careers are promoted until they reach their level of incompetence. Yogi, you have just reached yours.

JoeT_WasTheBest
18-09-2010, 08:23 PM
"If they sit back and have a right good think about what is happening at this club and they know their football, the answers are staring them in the face."

That was a clear dig at both the fans and the board. Yes we have smaller budget than the Old Firm and Hearts but I'm sure we have as much if not more than Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell and the rest of the league so no Mr Hughes, our expectations are not too high. The mistake we have made is to listen to your excuses for too long. The answer staring me in the face is that you can't cut it. It is clear to me that every time you open your mouth you are an embarrassment to this proud football club with your ignorant and patronising ramblings. Last season we had all that nonsense about the boys having done so much for him when the team was in freefall. I like many fans felt that we should give him a chance during the close season to bring a few new players in and then judge him properly. It now seems that the chickens are coming home to roost big time as the team which has struggled since January has been weakened by some of the new players he has signed and its decline is now accelerating.

It is sad but he came from a bottom six team, he has signed players that are bottom six standard and now we are playing bottom six football. He has now clearly set his sights as being no better than bottom six.

Mixu lost his job because he could only get us into the top six by the skin of his teeth. I'm sure the board will be aware of the malaise afflicting the club this year and I think it is now only a matter of time before he is sent packing too. I just hope it happens soon so a new manager has a chance to rescue the season from becoming a relegation scrap.

It is said that many people in their working careers are promoted until they reach their level of incompetence. Yogi, you have just reached yours.

:top marks

Cal 7-0
18-09-2010, 08:36 PM
those phone calls must have been "TAXI for Mr HUGHS":bye::bye:

Just listened to the interview we the fans who pay the wages who does he think he is I agree TAXI pronto

yekimevol
18-09-2010, 08:37 PM
The rumour I heard was the 2 games we've just played!!!!!!!the crowds are going down
mind you we don't play at ER till a months time
Get rid of him now& his backroom staff too
Mind you I would keep the u19 guy, he seems to be ok

i just what him and the first team staff out and a new team brought in as fast as possible (but make sure we have the right people incharge and not a rushed job) because that will allow them to analyse what we have and what we need within the squad.

PaulSmith
18-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Hughes said: "I'm disappointed, but not despondent. The last couple of weeks have been disappointing as we haven't got the results, but we are playing good football.
"We need to keep the foot on the pedal and when we get a win we will be off and running.

Playing good football, anyone agree?!

broonie27
18-09-2010, 08:51 PM
He thinks he's better than he is.

That is all.

Iain G
18-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Hughes said: "I'm disappointed, but not despondent. The last couple of weeks have been disappointing as we haven't got the results, but we are playing good football.
"We need to keep the foot on the pedal and when we get a win we will be off and running.

Playing good football, anyone agree?!

It's sounds like he has been reading the book "More Cliches for Football Managers Volume 2"

SurferRosa
18-09-2010, 09:31 PM
He thinks he's better than he is.

That is all.
:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

Saorsa
18-09-2010, 09:38 PM
:grr::grr:**** off hughes :bye: you're at fault you clown, when are we going tae hear that

Saorsa
18-09-2010, 09:38 PM

Playing good football, anyone agree?!WTF is he watching :bitchy:

SaulGoodman
18-09-2010, 11:32 PM
See when your driving home quite pissed off after a dismal game, than that clueless fanny comes on and spouts all of this arrogant ****. Well, put it this way, Its not good for your no claims bonus :agree:

OstKurve Hibs
19-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Jus listened to the bbc interview fae yogi after the game. He gets asked about the booing and Says " maybe the fans think we are better than we are and the expections levels are to high"
What a complete diddy he is, we are no expecting champions league qualification yogi, but we do expect to beat inverness and hamilton, especially at home!!! IDIOT!!!

Steve-O
19-09-2010, 12:08 AM
A 3 goal plus defeat midweek and surely it's curtains for this buffoon?

oldbutdim
19-09-2010, 12:09 AM
To think that I was scoffed at when I wrote in the Evening News that his appointment was a shocker......

It was probably more the fact that you "wrote in the Evening News" that got you scoffed at, rather than your view. In fact, I think I just scoffed at you again.
:cool2:

YetholmHibee
19-09-2010, 12:19 AM
He embarrasses himself and the club every time he speaks.

'The fans think we are better than we are'. How arrogant can one man be?

You assembled this team you balloon! Its you that can't get them to perform.

YOGI id finished!!

cheltenhamhibee
19-09-2010, 12:32 AM
his levels of expectations should not be any less than the fans, if anything his should be greater, if he doesn't think that the team is as good as we think it is then its really time for him to GTF

roondheid
19-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Ok, let's break this down.. And by the way i have been backing Yogi through thick and thin but can't get my head round some of these. Maybe someone can elaborate on the comments.. i'm off to bed!

"They we're the better side for the last 25 mins of the first half... 2nd half was one way traffic." :bitchy:

"..Maybe they(the fans) think we're better than what we are, maybe that's the problem.." Has been discussed in depth!

"..Maybe we punched above our weight last year.." Scraping into the top four

"In the cold light of day.. if they(the fans) have a right good look at what's went on about this club.. the answers are staring them right in the face."

"We've asked Derek to play centre forward" :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2010, 08:09 AM
It was probably more the fact that you "wrote in the Evening News" that got you scoffed at, rather than your view. In fact, I think I just scoffed at you again.
:cool2:

Aye very good....:confused:

aberhibsfc
19-09-2010, 08:10 AM
The go at the fans would be a slow burner for the bullet. If you listen to the part where he says we think we are better than we are it ended with a veiled go at the board. When he's saying look what's happened at the club, is he inferring the board investment/support's the problem, if so he may think he's being cheeky and smart but they won't be fooled so it may backfire. Having a go at the board buys the exit for any manager.

Selling Stokes, what was the real story. I think that we haven't invested properly in the playing staff this summer. Letting Benji go and Byrne go on loan didn't help either. I hope in the following seasons the board understand that whilst financial frugality is fine, there are no more infastructure investments to be made other than that on the pitch.

I want Hughes / Hibs to succeed, especially against bottom six teams. The board don't pick the team or tactics, the fans have even less impact. But we pay the wages and the board spend it on our behalf. We should be beating these teams 9 out of 10 games. To say we should lower our expectations is bang out of order, tell us Yogi, what should our expectations be. You didn't mind the adulation when strutting around like the messaiah / jolly green giant 1st half of last season. His Sugar Mountain like stance on the hibs.net banner is getting on my goat just now.

Just sort it you Mask stunt double cant!!

BSEJVT
19-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I hope in the following seasons the board understand that whilst financial frugality is fine, there are no more infastructure investments to be made other than that on the pitch.

There is no financial frugality at Hibs.

We have lost over £2m per season for the last 2 years!

We have only been bailed out by selling players, who else is left to sell?

There will be no uplift in the wage bill, its certain to get less as crowds drop further.

Its the dropping crowds rather than the results of the park that will force the board's hand.

Hughes is a dead man walking.

Moody D
19-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Thought I'd let myself calm down after hearing the interview before responding. He is delusional - He is the problem. He is unable to get the players to play for him.
He has at his disposal far better players than Inverness or Hamilton. He has at his disposal a unique bunch of youths. He has a training ground and stadium set up that matches the best. He has a magnificent fan base home and away.
If you compare Hibs with Motherwell - they do not have these positive factors to anywhere near Hibs level -but they have a Manager who can get get players to play, can build a team and is tactically aware.
So Mr Hughes don't have a dig at your Loyal fans - the problem lies elsewhere - Look in the mirror!!!!!:bye:

yekimevol
19-09-2010, 11:17 AM
"In the cold light of day.. if they(the fans) have a right good look at what's went on about this club.. the answers are staring them right in the face."

does yogi mean look at all the players that have left and the investment that has ment back into the team ????

if he does im still not buying it because surely we have a budget that is comparable to aberdeen, motherwell and dundee utd. but if u look at motherwell and dundee u, they seen to have the right players and playing better football than us.

AndersonGGTTH
19-09-2010, 11:25 AM
well sorr yogi for thinking we could beat hamilton (who havent bet us at home since 86) at home , we must be all mad for thinking tht sorry, 3-0 to celtic on sat or am i being to optimistic yogi

Benny Brazil
19-09-2010, 11:27 AM

You make it out like you were the only one against his appointment and now you have been proved right? About as deluded as Yogi's interview.

Yogi - My expectations for Hibs are quite simple.
Play with passion, desire and some good attractive passing football, scores goals, win games - not all games as that is unrealistic - but win games against the likes of ICT, Hamilton, St Mirren, Killie, St Johnstone and then see what happens in the other games.
When we play the so called bigger teams if we were to show some of the characteristics I mentioned above then I would be happy even if we didnt win.
Unfortunately we're not doing any of the above.

I don't believe I need to lower my expectations of my club. I believe my club need to reach my expectations.

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't believe I need to lower my expectations of my club. I believe my club need to reach my expectations.

Sir Tom, I thought you would be busy with fixing the tyres on the Popemobile. It's good of you to take time out of your busy schedule and share your feelings. :greengrin

Green_one
19-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Yogi = thinks like Falkirk Manager

Yogi = self delusional idiot

Simples

jacomo
19-09-2010, 01:22 PM
There is no financial frugality at Hibs.

We have lost over £2m per season for the last 2 years!

We have only been bailed out by selling players, who else is left to sell?

There will be no uplift in the wage bill, its certain to get less as crowds drop further.

Its the dropping crowds rather than the results of the park that will force the board's hand.

Hughes is a dead man walking.

This is all true. Hibs can't afford to carry on with the current situation - either the crowds go up, or the wage bill comes down.

Of course the two are related but it's hard to conclude that Yogi's got the maximum out of the resources he's been given so far.

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2010, 01:32 PM
You make it out like you were the only one against his appointment and now you have been proved right? About as deluded as Yogi's interview.

Yogi - My expectations for Hibs are quite simple.
Play with passion, desire and some good attractive passing football, scores goals, win games - not all games as that is unrealistic - but win games against the likes of ICT, Hamilton, St Mirren, Killie, St Johnstone and then see what happens in the other games.
When we play the so called bigger teams if we were to show some of the characteristics I mentioned above then I would be happy even if we didnt win.
Unfortunately we're not doing any of the above.

I am not deluded, I knew of others against his appointment, but in a 2 page Evening News spread, there was only 1 letter against his appointment, hence I got ripped a new one on here......

Feed McGraw
19-09-2010, 02:37 PM
I can remember seeing Hibs beat Hamilton 11-1 in the sixties, my expectations for Hibs were no different then, than they are now - very moderate. However,with all due respect to the likes of Hamilton, those moderate expectations most definitely included beating teams of that calibre, especially at Easter Road.

sesoim
19-09-2010, 03:05 PM
If a club has the 4th biggest support in the League and the 4th biggest wage bill, then why is expecting us to play like a top four team unrealistic?

Baader
19-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Hughes is an idiot and an embarrasment to the club. He would blame our current plight on anyone before admitting that's he's clueless. He has lost the fans, looks like the players probably left him some time ago.

How much longer must we endure?

To even motion that we are unrealistic to expect full points off teams like Inverness Caley and Hamilton at home should not be accepted. He should waken up to who he is managing and his own obvious shortcomings. Don't see it happening - expect we will get shot of him before he walks.

Ray_
19-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Hughes is right.

I expected 3 points today as the board have allowed him to sign 15-20 players in just over a year so I'd expect him to have put a decent side together to take care of Hamilton.

Bozo

I don’t think Hughes is the answer, by a long way; however I think our problems go even deeper than that. Hughes is yet another in a long list of cheap options the board has identified to take on the most important role there is at ER.

Any manager that has so far come in has had to endure a constant revolving door with the players at the club, making every season a transitional year; it would be difficult for anybody to build a consistent team in those circumstances, never mind the poor and cheap choices we, as a club, make.

Yes, via Hughes, we are gaining a large amount of players; we are also losing around the same amount, however, our top end players are going and being replaced by inferior players. This is constant cycle we are in, as it was exactly the same with John Collins & Mixu as well.

Apart from the top end, a bulk of the players coming in & departing, are very much like for like & as such we are not moving forward, but backwards, as the overall standard of the squad is becoming more and more inferior.

We are not doing anything, at the highest level, to stop this transitional nightmare, an example, Riordan has been our best player, by some considerable distance this season & will we are still mucking around about getting him signed up.

The board have done brilliant with the infrastructure at the club, but after that, when it comes to the most important part of a football club, for the fans, they are failing miserably.

Brizo
19-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Its obvious that Yogi is addicted to spraffin absolute Lillian Gish at every opportunity. During a bad run most intelligent savvy managers would send out their assistant or if wanting to do their own chat would keep it to the bare minumum. Maybe the clues in the words intelligent savvy :devil:

Theres no requirement for Yogi to deliver post match monologues but hes so in love with the sound of his own voice and being in the spotlight that the minute the camera lights are on him its the Yogi show. People criticised JC for having an ego and being made of chocolate eat himself but JCs nowhere near Yogi in terms of ego ....imo.

Wise counsel would surely be advising Yogi that his speechs are becoming increasingly like Captain Queegs on the USS Caine .... but maybe those in high places are happy to let him self destruct in public :dunno:

NAE NOOKIE
19-09-2010, 05:24 PM
"I think the supporters think we are better than we are"

Thats the sort of comment I might tolerate after a cuffing from one of the OF.

To come out with that after two poor results and performances at home against bottom six clubs is not what I expect to hear from any Hibs manager.

The least I want from any Hibs team is to win every home game against teams promoted from the 1st division and who finished in the bottom 6.

I expect to win at least one of every two home games against hearts and 1 in every 3 at home against the ugly sisters.

If Yogies expectations from his team are less than that and he thinks the supporters are being unrealistic for wanting us to at least reach that level, then he isnt the man for the job and its time for him to move over for a manager who knows that he is in charge of what is at the very least the 5th biggest club in Scottish football.

We are not Falkirk Yogi and the sooner you realise it the better.

:bitchy:

Kojock
19-09-2010, 06:10 PM
I have had enough of Yogi spouting the same crap every week after yet another dissappointing result.

Man for man we have better players than ICT and Hamilton and if expecting two wins at home against them is thinking that "we are better than we are" then Im sorry Yogi but you do not have the ambition or the ability to take our football club to the level we should be.

I have not booed the team this season but yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back and I 'booed' at the final whistle, do I regret it, absolutely not, how else do we let the players, management and board know that we will not tollerate this level of perfomance.

I have invested in a three year season ticket and was in Maribor, Carlisle and Blackpool and will be at Kilmarnock on Wednesday, I have expectations for Hibs and our record since January falls way below where I think Hibs should be.

Unfortunately in life the buck stops at the man in charge, so Yogi do the decent thing and walk away, if you are not prepared to do that then the board have a duty to terminate your contract and bring someone in who can take our famous club forward.

The Harp Awakes
19-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Yogi is being found out big time. His interviews are cringeworthy and it's worrying that he thinks we are punching above our weight by scraping into 4th place last season.

Hibs should not be turning in such poor performances at home for such a long period of time given our infrastructure and fan base.

My ST is 4 rows behind the home dugout and I have to say I was well p1ssed off with him the way he was laughing his face off when we were getting beaten by Rangers 0-3 a few games back. Minutes before the end of the game he went over to Watty Smith and gave him a hug and shared a joke. Laughing his head off he was. Sorry Yogi, I hate getting beaten at home by anybody, especially Rangers and don't know what you found funny:bitchy:

HIBERNIALEITH
20-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Here its here

Naw .........hew's no dealing with amateurs..........he's looking in a ****ing mirror!

HIBERNIALEITH
20-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Sir Tom, I thought you would be busy with fixing the tyres on the Popemobile. It's good of you to take time out of your busy schedule and share your feelings. :greengrin

If that was STF, he'd be saying, "that's no right that, that's ***** that!" and he'd be well gone!!!!

HIBERNIALEITH
20-09-2010, 01:06 AM
And who would have thought he'd get a game at the stinky tics! He's no doing too badly so far! How could Yogi no get him like that? (And after......what 1 game??)

JimBHibees
20-09-2010, 06:39 PM
My ST is 4 rows behind the home dugout and I have to say I was well p1ssed off with him the way he was laughing his face off when we were getting beaten by Rangers 0-3 a few games back. Minutes before the end of the game he went over to Watty Smith and gave him a hug and shared a joke. Laughing his head off he was. Sorry Yogi, I hate getting beaten at home by anybody, especially Rangers and don't know what you found funny:bitchy:

Didnt see that but I would have been hacked off with that also. As you say we were getting beat 3-0 he should have been hurting bad given how much the team packed in and showed no fight whatsoever after it went to 2-0. The least we should have got was a few tackles getting put in and the team fighting to the last minute.