PDA

View Full Version : Thank Gawd for Deeks

Kevvy1875
18-09-2010, 04:16 PM
As the title says. Forget the 'hes lazy' crap and all the other negative BS you hear. This guy is the only player we have right now who looks like he can score.

Take Deeks away and we are doomed under Yogi. Lucky for us that Derek has never been an injury prone player because if that was to happen then we would be in deep ******.

Riordans Boots
18-09-2010, 04:24 PM
As the title says. Forget the 'hes lazy' crap and all the other negative BS you hear. This guy is the only player we have right now who looks like he can score.

Take Deeks away and we are doomed under Yogi. Lucky for us that Derek has never been an injury prone player because if that was to happen then we would be in deep ******.

:agree: :top marks

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 05:35 PM
I mentioned that earlier on another thread, we would be bottom of the league without him.
Hughes Must Go

IWasThere2016
18-09-2010, 05:41 PM
There's only one Derek Riordan! :agree:

TowerHibs
18-09-2010, 05:46 PM
He was far from lazy today, he made that opportuinty for Nish's disallowed goal (embarrassed he let himself drift offside)

Knowing Derek, he will be simply peeved at the rest of the players and the manager - if Yogi doesn't go or turn this around, i can see Derek not signing a new deal

hibee_girl
18-09-2010, 05:54 PM
He certainly wasn't lazy today. There was one point when the Hamilton midfield were running the show, not one of our midfielders went anywhere near them to attempt to make a tackle. It took Deek tracking back to win us the ball back.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Just saw that hibee_girl. Great application (borne out of frustration no doubt)

silverhibee
18-09-2010, 11:20 PM

You may have spoke to soon, I heard that Riordan picked up a calf injury in the game today and was struggling to walk after the game and is a doubt for the cup game against Killie on Wednesday.:boo hoo:

bethebest
18-09-2010, 11:27 PM
The only way we look like scoring is when he is on the ball.

There is a depressing lack of creativity in this team.

Should he pick up an injury or suspension we would be f*****

Petrie, sign em up...

Westie1875
25-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Bump, again today. :wink:

HibbyAndy
25-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I love Derek Riordan.

This lazy myth in recent weeks has been well and truly put to bed IMO.

Works his socks of for HIS team and HIS club, I shudder with absolute fear to think of a Hibs team without DR.

khib70
25-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Bump, again today. :wink:
Good bump. Had a very good game and scored a wonder goal, despite having to plough a lone furrow for much of the game. His being injured doesn't bear thinking about.

Riordans Boots
25-09-2010, 04:06 PM
:singing: One Derek Riordan there's only one Derek Riordan:singing:

Judas Iscariot
25-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Legend..

END OFF!!

:agree:

Kevvy1875
25-09-2010, 04:09 PM
I love Derek Riordan.

This lazy myth in recent weeks has been well and truly put to bed IMO.

Works his socks of for HIS team and HIS club, I shudder with absolute fear to think of a Hibs team without DR.

Good bump. Had a very good game and scored a wonder goal, despite having to plough a lone furrow for much of the game. His being injured doesn't bear thinking about.

Hibs talisman. We should get him signed up for life and make him Captain. If it dosn't happen and he walks away having been offered nothing from Hibs then I will have to seriously question why I bother to support them. I would think it would be a real kick in the nuts for many a Hibs fan if they dont get it sorted.

nonshinyfinish
25-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Contract.

Now.

Riordans Boots
25-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Contract.

Now.

:agree:

Keith_M
25-09-2010, 04:26 PM
You can really see why he's not wanted by Levein, he's creative AND scores goals. No place in the Scotland set-up for a player liker that.

Petrie, get him signed up on an extended contract, now!

Westie1875
25-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Contract.

Now.

Best lift you could give the fans at the moment IMO :agree:

IWasThere2016
25-09-2010, 04:39 PM
New deal now please :agree:

Sir David Gray
25-09-2010, 04:51 PM
:singing: One Derek Riordan there's only one Derek Riordan:singing:

What a shame. We could be doing with eleven Derek Riordans. :boo hoo:

The guy is a legend and if he hadn't blotted his copybook by signing for Celtic for two years, he would be pretty much perfect.

Andy74
25-09-2010, 04:53 PM
As usual it takes two sides. I'm sure hibs will be trying to keep him. Derek would do well to be reasonable this time.

bethebest
25-09-2010, 04:55 PM
:singing: Petrie, sign him up:singing:
:singing: Petrie, Petrie, sign him up:singing:

snooky
25-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Hibs talisman. We should get him signed up for life and make him Captain. If it dosn't happen and he walks away having been offered nothing from Hibs then I will have to seriously question why I bother to support them. I would think it would be a real kick in the nuts for many a Hibs fan if they dont get it sorted.

TBH, take Derek out that team and there's nothing worth watching.
I trust you get my drift, O Tachied One. ............ :deal:

FranckSuzy
25-09-2010, 08:28 PM

:agree: :top marks

Bishop Hibee
25-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Fantastic talent, Hibee great, only player in the starting XI who gets the fans off there seats, get him signed up on a FIVE YEAR contract Petrie :grr:

Those "nearer the know' than me suggest it's far from a done deal :boo hoo:

silverhibee
25-09-2010, 08:58 PM
As usual it takes two sides. I'm sure hibs will be trying to keep him. Derek would do well to be reasonable this time.

How do you know he wasn't reasonable the last time round.
And you say Hibs will be trying to keep him, they are keeping very quiet about thats for sure, that quiet that Derek and his representive's have heard nothing from Hibs about extending his contract, imo Hibs wont offer Derek a new extended contract and he will leave in the next tansfer window, to secure he is playing football for another few seasons but it wont be with hibs sadly, unless they break the bank to keep him at ER.
Serious question, how much should Hibs be offering Derek to sign up for the next three seasons and become a legend at the club, if he is not already.
Hibs need Derek Riordan to stay at the club and sign an improved contract, but do the board want to do it, i say no they dont want to.

Billy
25-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Derek's wonder strike can now be seen on the free view player on the front page of the official site.

Quality strike :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html

Sir David Gray
25-09-2010, 09:06 PM
And you say Hibs will be trying to keep him, they are keeping very quiet about thats for sure, that quiet that Derek and his representive's have heard nothing from Hibs about extending his contract, imo Hibs wont offer Derek a new extended contract and he will leave in the next tansfer window, to secure he is playing football for another few seasons but it wont be with hibs sadly, unless they break the bank to keep him at ER.
Serious question, how much should Hibs be offering Derek to sign up for the next three seasons and become a legend at the club, if he is not already.
Hibs need Derek Riordan to stay at the club and sign an improved contract, but do the board want to do it, i say no they dont want to.

IMO, Derek Riordan should be offered a contract that would make him the highest paid player in the club's history.

He is that important to us. Without him we would be in serious trouble.

Saorsa
25-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Derek's wonder strike can now be seen on the free view player on the front page of the official site.

Quality strike :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.htmlSuperb :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zlatan
25-09-2010, 09:11 PM
He appears to be dragging us along kicking and screaming right now.

ronaldo7
25-09-2010, 09:17 PM

A little bit more than he signed for the last time... How much was that again:confused:

snooky
25-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Guid goal my ar$e.
I have to agree with the powers that be, he's no' Hibs class.
Nae contract for that wee scallywag.
Let him go.

And now some news from the real world ....
:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

DH1875
25-09-2010, 09:34 PM
The sooner this gets sorted the better. Will be having nightmares if he hasn't signed anything come christmas.

nonshinyfinish
25-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Superb :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But look at what he does after the goal, jogging back casually. Completely fails to pick up a Celtc player. :bitchy:

Onceinawhile
25-09-2010, 10:25 PM
That goal is obscene.

If he is allowed to leave it is nothing short of a disgrace.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2010, 10:38 PM

As good as Derek is, I don't want us to break the bank for any player.

basehibby
25-09-2010, 10:56 PM
He was far from lazy today, he made that opportuinty for Nish's disallowed goal (embarrassed he let himself drift offside)

Knowing Derek, he will be simply peeved at the rest of the players and the manager - if Yogi doesn't go or turn this around, i can see Derek not signing a new deal

He has been far from lazy for going on a year - one thing that Hughes deserves some credit for is this apparent change in attitude from such a talented player under his guidance - although the majority of the credit must go to the player himself.

The Harp Awakes
25-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Can't see Rod making the same mistake twice. Allowing Deek to go again for next to nowt would be the equivalent of football suicide.