PDA

View Full Version : To those who cheered the Nish substitution

Carheenlea
18-09-2010, 04:13 PM
You are a disgrace. What little confidence he had will be well and truly shot now. Not the worst on the park by any stretch of the imagination, but as usual, he's the one that bears the brunt of the abuse. Pathetic.

Ernie Cobra
18-09-2010, 04:17 PM
You are a disgrace. What little confidence he had will be well and truly shot now. Not the worst on the park by any stretch of the imagination, but as usual, he's the one that bears the brunt of the abuse. Pathetic.

:rolleyes: BORED.COM

Captain Trips
18-09-2010, 04:22 PM
To those who cannot pass a ball, to those who cannot change when things are not going right, for those who cannot hold onto or build from a winning position, you are the disgrace, plenty of things wrong well before any fans reactions IMO.

erin-go-bragh87
18-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Get over ourself. What makes your opinion more valid than the majority of Hibs supporters?

stokesmessiah
18-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Get over ourself. What makes your opinion more valid than the majority of Hibs supporters?

:top marks

MSK
18-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Get over ourself. What makes your opinion more valid than the majority of Hibs supporters?Its a message board ..its about opinions or has that changed ..?

gringojoe
18-09-2010, 04:35 PM
He was pants, he can't stand on his own 2 feet when in acres on space. He deserved the boos and so did the rest of the team.

magnificent_seven
18-09-2010, 04:39 PM

I agree. Booing your own player isn't going to help anyone. Nish is'nt the worst player in this side. He is made an unfair scapegoat and doesn't hide when the proverbial s**t hits the fan. Liam Miller is idolised on here and he has been one of our worst players in 2010.

MontrealHibs
18-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Who is worse than Nish? De Gaaf maybe, that's it.

(((Fergus)))
18-09-2010, 04:43 PM
no point in booing any player as long as they are being managed by a clown. it just gives him someone else to use as a fall guy for his own failings. he's done it before with makalambay and hogg.

tamsonsbairn
18-09-2010, 04:44 PM

You must be joking, He has no ball control whatsoever, his heading abilities are abysmal, he can't tell when he is offside or not, and as for his through ball to Riordan in the 2nd half when he was clearly a yard offside made Deeks look awful. He should give up his No9 jersey asap.:grr:

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Find its a shame to boo or single out one of our players, its the manager who should be bood.
Thing is Nish tries hard, for all the times he falls on his er5e or is caught offside doesnt mean he is not trying, he is mibbe not the most gifted of players but every time I have seen him he puts in a shift, There are more than enough players who you CAN fault for effort.
GET OFF HIS BACK....

Wull
18-09-2010, 04:47 PM
He dont put himself on the park, the manager does that, Bye Yogi:bye:

Billy Whizz
18-09-2010, 04:57 PM
You are saying about a section of supporters what the section of supporters are saying about Nish.

It'd be better to defend the player based on your observations rather than attacking the attackers.

In my opinion of course.

The OP is right. What good is booing a player being taken off going to do for confidence!

Nameless
18-09-2010, 05:00 PM
He's lucky all he gets is boo'd, if there was justice in the world, we would be allowed to poke him with sharp sticks.

Chuckie
18-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Unfair to single out Nish.

He wasn't any better or worse than anyone else in green and white today.

He works very hard.

Beefster
18-09-2010, 05:07 PM
The OP is right. What good is booing a player being taken off going to do for confidence!

I don't think Nish was booed off. He was cheered off. His confidence should be sky high.

Chuckie
18-09-2010, 05:09 PM
I don't think Nish was booed off. He was cheered off. His confidence should be sky high.

hehehe...

erin-go-bragh87
18-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Its a message board ..its about opinions or has that changed ..?

Yes it is and I didn't mean it like it sounded it's just frustrating that people can still defend him.

sahib
18-09-2010, 05:28 PM
He's lucky all he gets is boo'd, if there was justice in the world, we would be allowed to poke him with sharp sticks.

:greengrin :top marks

Twiglet
18-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Nish played alright today. Was a million miles better than "golden boy" Miller who was a joke.

I'll continue to defend Nish, and any other player people decide to pick on, as long as I think they played alright.

Nish was cheered off the pitch today, but it was one of those annoying "you were rubbish and I'm glad you're being subbed" cheer, and I for one did not like it.

TowerHibs
18-09-2010, 05:43 PM
fat guy sitting in front of me today "Nish is a good payer, why else would he be at Hibs.....Riordan does **** all!"

What a plonker you are! It this kind of mentality that get us nowhere! Home draws to Hamilton and INverness is shocking. Can handle bad days at the office but how many can be tolerated. No options to any peron on the ball, we play through the middle with no runners in behind

We are totally crap, and thought Hamilton deserved to win.....says it all

weststandhibby
18-09-2010, 05:44 PM
we pay our money we make our views felt. END OF..

LALthehibeeGAL
18-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I agree. Booing your own player isn't going to help anyone. Nish is'nt the worst player in this side. He is made an unfair scapegoat and doesn't hide when the proverbial s**t hits the fan. Liam Miller is idolised on here and he has been one of our worst players in 2010.

:agree::agree:

Hibs Class
18-09-2010, 05:48 PM
But for what I reckon was a borderline offside decision we'd be posting about Nish getting some confidence back bt scoring the winning goal. And whether it was appropriate or not to boo him off, the loud mouthed pr!ck at the back of the east who was singing "you're s***e and you know you are" to him early on was indefnsible. Just in my opinion, of course.

LALthehibeeGAL
18-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Nish played alright today. Was a million miles better than "golden boy" Miller who was a joke.

I'll continue to defend Nish, and any other player people decide to pick on, as long as I think they played alright.

Nish was cheered off the pitch today, but it was one of those annoying "you were rubbish and I'm glad you're being subbed" cheer, and I for one did not like it.

:agree::agree:

ChrissyG1875
18-09-2010, 05:49 PM
I was disgusted at what was being shouted at Nish. Even balls he had no chance at controlling, the whole ground erupted with the usual crap. I even heard someone shouting not to pass to nish and when I was clapping when he done things well, I was looked at with disgust. On the other hand, we have Riordan who can do no wrong and if he does, not a sound. I'm not saying we should shout at him, I like Riordan, but there is no consistency.

hibee_girl
18-09-2010, 05:49 PM
:agree:

Nish wasn't any worse than anyone else out there today, at least he looked like he bloody cared!!

It's easy for fans to pick on Nish, he's been the boo boy for a while now. He makes a bad pass and it's 'nish your pish' etc but Deek does it and it's 'oh unlucky deek, well done for trying!'

Chuck Rhoades
18-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Why the **** does anybody boo players. At the end of the day yogi picks the team and if certain dont play well they should dropped by the manager. How can anybody boo nish? Its yogis responsibility to drop him.

Embarrased at our support.

Albion Hibs
18-09-2010, 05:51 PM

The sad thing is the Hibs fans boo because they find it easier to do than actually support the team.

As for those cheering him coming off the pitch, far be it from me to say - but have a look at yourself.

HibeeSince85
18-09-2010, 05:54 PM
I watched the game back on Alba just to be sure and it was conclusive, Nish is never a starter in my eyes, honestly it's no him that should take all the blame though, Yogi's to blame for picking him every week.

LALthehibeeGAL
18-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Find its a shame to boo or single out one of our players, its the manager who should be bood.
Thing is Nish tries hard, for all the times he falls on his er5e or is caught offside doesnt mean he is not trying, he is mibbe not the most gifted of players but every time I have seen him he puts in a shift, There are more than enough players who you CAN fault for effort.
GET OFF HIS BACK....

Unfair to single out Nish.

He wasn't any better or worse than anyone else in green and white today.

He works very hard.

Get off Nish's case -okay he is not the most gifted but he tries - and could have scored the winning goal but he didn't Liam Millar, De Graaf, IMO esp Miller "he who can do no wrong" is worse. I think Nish at least trys which is more than can be said for the others, apart from Riordan

Carheenlea
18-09-2010, 06:00 PM
The original post was to vent my disappointment at the reaction to Nish's substitution, not to debate Colin Nish himself as that commands plenty bandwidth elsewhere.

A lot of you appear to be quite happy to see one of our own players humiliated by his own fans as he left the park after trying his best for the jersey. I just find that very sad.

Alfred E Newman
18-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Nish was not the worst player on the park by a long shot. Whatever you think of the guy as a player, he can`t be criticised for lack of effort and more importantly commitment, unlike some others I could mention.
The frustration of the supporters is understandable but the predictable cheering of his substitution by a section of the support was pathetic and embarassing.

Steve20
18-09-2010, 06:04 PM
He was awful again. Not as bad as De Graff, but still awful.

Twiglet
18-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Get off Nish's case -okay he is not the most gifted but he tries - and could have scored the winning goal but he didn't Liam Millar, De Graaf, IMO esp Miller "he who can do no wrong" is worse. I think Nish at least trys which is more than can be said for the others, apart from Riordan

I like Nish and I'm glad someone else (other than my cousin) agrees that Miller did not play well (he hasn't done so for a while IMHO).
And yes, Nish does try. He plays for the jersey every time he steps on to the pitch.
And, I'm going to be a bit controversial here, I think it's about time Rankin got a chance again. He's a player who will give 100% for every second he's on the pitch. He can't be any worse than Miller and he can find a Hibs player with a pass most of the time.

500miles
18-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Were these boys who jeered so loud in such good voice when he stuck the ball in the back of the Hamilton net?

hibee_girl
18-09-2010, 06:12 PM

I like Nish and I'm glad someone else (other than my cousin) agrees that Miller did not play well (he hasn't done so for a while IMHO).
And yes, Nish does try. He plays for the jersey every time he steps on to the pitch.
And, I'm going to be a bit controversial here, I think it's about time Rankin got a chance again. He's a player who will give 100% for every second he's on the pitch. He can't be any worse than Miller and he can find a Hibs player with a pass most of the time.

I've said the same thing these past 2 games, Rankin at least isn't afraid to make a tackle. You can't say the same for the midfielders out there today.

Twiglet
18-09-2010, 06:15 PM
I've said the same thing these past 2 games, Rankin at least isn't afraid to make a tackle. You can't say the same for the midfielders out there today.

:thumbsup:

ionahibby
18-09-2010, 06:37 PM

:agree: agree i know we aint playing well but to take it out on one player is shameful tbh he was one of our better players today tried harder than most players on that park!

Judas Iscariot
18-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Why boo or jeer any of our own like that?!

Dunbar Hibee
18-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Felt really sorry for him, totally needless !

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-09-2010, 06:44 PM

I seen that a different way TBH. The people around me were cheering simply because Hughes was at last getting around to making a tactical change rather than an enforced change. As for Nish in particular, I can't help but think that his skiddy feet are catching up with him and even if he got cleaned out one on one in the box by the 'keeper he still would not get a penalty.

archiebald
18-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Correct

Alfred E Newman
18-09-2010, 06:51 PM

But that doesn`t make the jeering of a fellow Hibs supporter, regardless of what you think of him as a footballer, any less pathetic.

ionahibby
18-09-2010, 06:52 PM

Get a grip for FFS you really think nish is root of our problems,thats right i pay my money to give nish a hard time :rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-09-2010, 06:58 PM

Correct. :agree:

Thecat23
18-09-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm no fan of Nish but when the "Cheers" rang round the ground when he was subbed i was honestly disgusted. The lad isn't great and i don't think that was anywhere near his worst performance. As for Liam Miller he's one of the most heartless midfielders i have seen at ER in a while. I don't care who tries to defend this so called pro footballer he's done NOTHING for months. Looks like he would rather be anywhere else bar playing for Hibs. But even if he got subbed i can honestly say i wouldn't boo or cheer in a sarcastic way i would just sit there and hope whoever is coming on would put in a better shift. We are playing shocking just now and us fans are frustrated but to just have a pop at just Nish and De Graff is a joke. I could name 4 or 5 others out there who should get a right grip of themselves and start playing for each other and with a bit fight.. If not then hold your hand up and just leave in the next window as we don't wont you.

Removed
18-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Nish was not the worst player on the park by a long shot. Whatever you think of the guy as a player, he can`t be criticised for lack of effort and more importantly commitment, unlike some others I could mention.
The frustration of the supporters is understandable but the predictable cheering of his substitution by a section of the support was pathetic and embarassing.

I understand the booing but cheering him off was one of the most embarassing things I have ever seen and heard at ER

ionahibby
18-09-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm no fan of Nish but when the "Cheers" rang round the ground when he was subbed i was honestly disgusted. The lad isn't great and i don't think that was anywhere near his worst performance. As for Liam Miller he's one of the most heartless midfielders i have seen at ER in a while. I don't care who tries to defend this so called pro footballer he's done NOTHING for months. Looks like he would rather be anywhere else bar playing for Hughes. But even if he got subbed i can honestly say i wouldn't boo or cheer in a sarcastic way i would just sit there and hope whoever is coming on would put in a better shift. We are playing shocking just now and us fans are frustrated but to just have a pop at just Nish and De Graff is a joke. I could name 4 or 5 others out there who should get a right grip of themselves and start playing for each other and with a bit fight.. If not then hold your hand up and just leave in the next window as we don't wont you.

Changed it for you :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
18-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Nish is a trier and never hides unlike some others wearing the jersey..... FWIW he did OK, but still got the usual groans and boos, when things never came off.... Booing at half time, during game, full time and cheering substitutions, do some people actually understand what the word "supporter" means?

Thecat23
18-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Changed it for you :wink:

Actually that's prob right cheers. :greengrin

Penrith Hibee
18-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Was at the game last week but missed this one due to illness. There appears to be a section of our 'support' who think supporting the team means booing the usual suspects after their first mistake and then cheering sarcastically when they are substituted.

Two things that does, one - destroys what little is left of that player's confidence and two - gives the opposition a boost. The atmosphere at ER at the moment is fragile unless we are two or more up (when did that last happen) and downright poisonous when the team needs a lift.

I had a choice of dragging myself out of my sick bed to watch the team I have supported for over 40 years or listening on the internet etc...You 'fans' who boo at every opportunity made the choice easy. I am ashamed of what is going on at ER at the moment and I say this knowing that Yogi is not the answer etc...but no excuse for this behaviour.

Come on everybody get a grip FFS and support the players on the park who wear the green and white. I know that can be tough at this time but that's when being a fan helps the team. If it carries on like this ER will be empty.

Rant over. Off for a lie down......

Aubenas
18-09-2010, 07:19 PM
I think Billy Reid's pre match interview this week is the best comment on the appalling attitude of some of the Hibs support. He said words to the effect of:
We like going to Easter Rd because their fans expect them to score 3 or 4 every week and when they don't they get on their back and that makes our job easier

But it's ok - cos when you pay to support Hibs you have a right to express your feelings - even if it affects the team's form and encourages the opposition.:rolleyes:

truehibernian
18-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Actually that's prob right cheers. :greengrin

Totally agree with you regards Miller today. He yet again proved where his heart is with his wishy washy tackling and trying to kick the ball against man instead of getting right stuck in. Maybe because he really isn't a centre midfielder at the end of the day. McBride isn't too keen to get stuck in too mind. We need a battler in there, akin to Murray or even Bamba, with perhaps Stephens coming in at centre half. Riordan's close control (or lack of it) was simply atrocious second half IMHO. The whole midfield were as poor as I have ever seen. Bamba and Dickoh were decent today, they are the only pass marks. Wasn't Nish's worst game, not be a long shot. But he is IMHO fast running out of chances at Hibs. However who knows, with a change of manager, a new fitness regime, and a new start, Nish would maybe come good again. McBride and Miller for me cannot play together. They play too similar when in the side and get in each other's way. There is no cohesion and each player in the team at the moment look like they don't know what they are meant to be doing. The chronic lack of pace and a creator is going to mean bottom 6 football this season. Other teams have it. We have literally none.

fife hfc
18-09-2010, 07:50 PM

My wife would agree with you as she is always calling me a disgrace:greengrin nish is ***** and gets paid a hell of alot more money that me for basically having very little footballing ability. I will boo the team and players if they play as bad as today.

I never actually booed him today but did cheer when he went off. It was an obvious substitution that only Yogi could not see.

fife hfc
18-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Were these boys who jeered so loud in such good voice when he stuck the ball in the back of the Hamilton net?

he was offside for about the 10th time. I cheered the substitution but was shouting encouragement during the game (then thinking you've ****ed up again). I want nish to score hat tricks every week but I know he is guff and not up to the standard required.

Badge
18-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Waken up. He is simply not good enough. End of. (Always wanted tae say that)

StevieC
18-09-2010, 08:12 PM

I agree.

I would say that De Graff was the worst player on the park today by a country mile.

Brads Laing
18-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Well done mate, i dislike nish as much as the rest of the hibs fans, but wouldn't dream of booing a player in a hibs shirt of the park or cheering because a player is getting subbed off. Time to actually support the team.

Frogga
18-09-2010, 08:21 PM
As far as I'm concerned unless Nish was to scream some racist abuse or karate kick one of our fans (its ok if its OF or Jambo fans) then I won't boo him.

I thought we support a team, not 11 individuals. If you have to boo, then boo the team.

At The Edge
18-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I agree.

I would say that De Graff was the worst player on the park today by a country mile.

Must say that i disagree with you bud, worse than Miller? I thought that Miller just wasn't interested today.

Anyway i didn't boo/cheer when Nish went off, but i did cheer Shellsuit coming on, is that a whole new thread? :wink:

Cal 7-0
18-09-2010, 08:24 PM
NISH - yawn! sorry but he is definately a waste of space imo

Baldy Foghorn
18-09-2010, 08:27 PM

great post:yawn:

Winston Ingram
18-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Agreed.

ballengeich
18-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Well done mate, i dislike nish as much as the rest of the hibs fans,

Please don't include me in this rest of the hibs fans. I think the man is unfairly treated.

muirhousehibby
18-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Well done mate, i dislike nish as much as the rest of the hibs fans, but wouldn't dream of booing a player in a hibs shirt of the park or cheering because a player is getting subbed off. Time to actually support the team.

Nish frustrates me at the best of times but he’s being told to play a role he clearly can’t do. Midfield is poor and has no shape to it , De Graf was caught out on a number of times today and is not the box to box player we were all told he was and Hart is not the type of fullback to run up the park and cross balls in either. I’d rather see Bryne giving a chance instead of Nish but not if were going to hit long ball into him. Yogi seems to be the problem and in my opinion it’s affecting the team big time and some of the fans are taking it out on the players..

Baldy Foghorn
18-09-2010, 08:31 PM

Some of us don't dislike Nish.....:confused:

E.T. is a Hibee
18-09-2010, 08:40 PM

I agree IMO Nish done o.k. today and had a goal chopped for O/S when it wasn't, he tries hard and today he seems to be getting a bit of confidence back that was until the sarcasm/booing of him when he was substituted which I hope he hasn;t taken to heart.

By the end of the season he'll be on double figures!

mutley
18-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I agree.

I'd agree with that, De Graaf just seemed scared of the ball, and could have won a couple in the air if he could have been bothered to jump rather than just look at it

E.T. is a Hibee
18-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd agree with that, De Graaf just seemed scared of the ball, and could have won a couple in the air if he could have been bothered to jump rather than just look at it

I seen him jump but not looking at the ball.

I remeber seeing him on ESPN in the Erividise Legue and he was a good player, he was a captain FFS! He will adapt and he will be a good signing!:agree:

Busy Bear
18-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Nish frustrates me at the best of times but he’s being told to play a role he clearly can’t do. Midfield is poor and has no shape to it , De Graf was caught out on a number of times today and is not the box to box player we were all told he was and Hart is not the type of fullback to run up the park and cross balls in either. I’d rather see Bryne giving a chance instead of Nish but not if were going to hit long ball into him. Yogi seems to be the problem and in my opinion it’s affecting the team big time and some of the fans are taking it out on the players..

think byrne is out on loan just now, but in times like this looking to the youth set up is not a bad idea to get a bit hunger in the team

Ed De Gramo
18-09-2010, 09:18 PM

what a pile of p!sh.....

Ed De Gramo
18-09-2010, 09:19 PM

If Nish is a waste of space, what does that make you & your post?

marinello59
18-09-2010, 09:41 PM

:yawn:

marinello59
18-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Correct

No, its garbage. Complete and utter garbage.

Alex Trager
18-09-2010, 09:44 PM
In the ff toward the end folk were going down the stairs and one seen his pal and said to him you not coming and he replied with 'na i'm a hibs supporter win loose or draw and i've never left early yet, theres been a few times i wanted to but i never' This was an older man and i thought to myself, this is exactly what missing from the support... Especially beside us.. My GF said to me last week i dont know why half these folk come here cos all they do is slate the team... and i'll probably be told i pay my money... but why pay money to go and slate the team- a team that you probably don't like and the same goes for the manager- that seems like pointless logic to me... i think they're pash but ken what i'm going to buy a S.T. Makes no sense to me. She also stated watch this Nish will be hounded as soon as he does something wrong... after about ten minutes the "supporters" were on his back...Why not just leave him you and i both know he's not the best so just let him get on with it because no matter what you or i say or 'boo' it will make no difference to the managers opinion, If everyone was to get of his back we'd maybe see a difference to him... What happens when riordan misplaces a pass or takes a shot wide? Also when nish fed it through in the second half to riordan people were asking why he never just shot... these were the same people who if he had shot and missed would have further hounded him, and had done before this point, so to answer the question why didn't he shoot cos you had boo'd the confidence to shoot out of him

Frogga
18-09-2010, 09:46 PM
what a pile of p!sh.....

Agreed. Boring chat.

basehibby
18-09-2010, 09:47 PM

:agree: Nish actually had an alright game - it was our midfield which was anonymous IMO and which ultimately cost us the 3 points by failing to dominate Hamilton.

The folk who boo'd Nish off are an embarassment to themselves as they collectively showed about as much game knowledge as a 5 year old.

Stantons Angel
18-09-2010, 09:52 PM
you can rant and rave all you like about Nish and yes he was crap BUT so were the other 10 in green. They were all crap!!!! It was so sad to sit and listen to fellow supporters boo a Hibs player as he was substituted. His confidence must be at rock bottom now thanks very much.

You pay your money and you have a right to your own opinion but hey this is Hibs, i bet the many on here who like to hear themselves were the very same ones celebrating that day at Dundee when Nish's goals from Motherwell had got us through to Europe????
It a hard time being a Hibs supporter at the moment dont make it any worse by humiliating our own players on their own turf.......:agree:

E.T. is a Hibee
18-09-2010, 09:52 PM
:agree: Nish actually had an alright game - it was our midfield which was anonymous IMO and which ultimately cost us the 3 points by failing to dominate Hamilton.

The folk who boo'd Nish off are an embarassment to themselves as they collectively showed about as much game knowledge as a 5 year old.

Nish is a Hibee! Do people think that he isnt aware of his under par performances, and they are under par just like the rest of them. He is one of us, playing for the team he supports! People should use there brains and think of the bigger picture, he's 1 in a team of 11!

He'll be upset!:bitchy:

TheMentalHibees
18-09-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I was just cheering the fact that we were actually making a substitution.

Idlewild
18-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I wonder on the "fan supporting scale" where us hibbies actually sit. Makes me proud............

basehibby
18-09-2010, 10:05 PM
I think Billy Reid's pre match interview this week is the best comment on the appalling attitude of some of the Hibs support. He said words to the effect of:
We like going to Easter Rd because their fans expect them to score 3 or 4 every week and when they don't they get on their back and that makes our job easier

But it's ok - cos when you pay to support Hibs you have a right to express your feelings - even if it affects the team's form and encourages the opposition.:rolleyes:

OK - any of the idiots who like to boo their own team care to comment on this then???
Billy Reid is bang on the money by the way - the atmosphere at ER against any of the smaller sides is consistently morgue like - many fans' complacency knows no bounds - in many areas of the stadium the majority seem to actually REFUSE to provide any vocal backing to the team - I was in the FF today and tried to join in with some songs when they emanated down from the upper reaches of the east - result? I was stared at in silence as if I was a total weirdo.
But when someone (particularly Nish or De Graff) in a green jersey made a mistake you could sure as hell hear the moaning.

Removed
18-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I wonder on the "fan supporting scale" where us hibbies actually sit. Makes me proud............

No better or worse than most other SPL support imo. The day we start gobbing on our manager or bend over and let the owner sign players and pick the team will be the day we go down the scale.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I was just cheering the fact that we were actually making a substitution.

:agree::agree::agree:

Around where I was sitting, that was how it was seen. A f******g change at last.
I can see how that doesn't square with the posters that are trying to drive a wedge between fans though.

Removed
18-09-2010, 10:11 PM
:agree::agree::agree:

Around where I was sitting, that was how it was seen. A f******g change at last.
I can see how that doesn't square with the posters that are trying to drive a wedge between fans though.

Who? Name them.

matty_f
18-09-2010, 10:19 PM
No better or worse than most other SPL support imo. The day we start gobbing on our manager or bend over and let the owner sign players and pick the team will be the day we go down the scale.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Who? Name them.

err, ehm :rolleyes::rolleyes:, the thread opener maybe.

i cheered because we were getting a change, but it seems that i should be ashamed of myself because deep down, i really wanted to have a dig at one of our players:confused::confused:

Saorsa
18-09-2010, 10:20 PM
He's lucky all he gets is boo'd, if there was justice in the world, we would be allowed to poke him with sharp sticks.:hilarious

Removed
18-09-2010, 10:25 PM
err, ehm :rolleyes::rolleyes:, the thread opener maybe.

i cheered because we were getting a change, but it seems that i should be ashamed of myself because deep down, i really wanted to have a dig at one of our players:confused::confused:

That's how it came across to me as well though :rolleyes::rolleyes: I agreed with the OP.

Hibby 2005
18-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Personally, I thought the new boy did more in the few mins he had on than Nish did in the previous 75 mins or so. Having said that I'm sure he'll eventually come down to the same level as everyone else has under Yogi.

Fergus52
18-09-2010, 11:14 PM
In the ff toward the end folk were going down the stairs and one seen his pal and said to him you not coming and he replied with 'na i'm a hibs supporter win loose or draw and i've never left early yet, theres been a few times i wanted to but i never' This was an older man and i thought to myself, this is exactly what missing from the support... Especially beside us.. My GF said to me last week i dont know why half these folk come here cos all they do is slate the team... and i'll probably be told i pay my money... but why pay money to go and slate the team- a team that you probably don't like and the same goes for the manager- that seems like pointless logic to me... i think they're pash but ken what i'm going to buy a S.T. Makes no sense to me. She also stated watch this Nish will be hounded as soon as he does something wrong... after about ten minutes the "supporters" were on his back...Why not just leave him you and i both know he's not the best so just let him get on with it because no matter what you or i say or 'boo' it will make no difference to the managers opinion, If everyone was to get of his back we'd maybe see a difference to him... What happens when riordan misplaces a pass or takes a shot wide? Also when nish fed it through in the second half to riordan people were asking why he never just shot... these were the same people who if he had shot and missed would have further hounded him, and had done before this point, so to answer the question why didn't he shoot cos you had boo'd the confidence to shoot out of him

precisely

Fergus52
18-09-2010, 11:19 PM
The boo's at the end of the last two games do nothing to help either?
i didn't see the game today but against inverness we were by far the better team and to boo at the end was just pathetic.

also the stick de graaf is getting already is horrendous, he has came from a completely different league and will obviously take time to adapt, once he has i have full faith he will come good.

all the fans who boo the team and players are pathetic. it wont make anything better, it just makes it worse. gives a great impression to the other teams aswell, shows how much our "fans" back the team and players.

the attitudes of over half the home fans has to improve or nothing good will come of this season.

500miles
19-09-2010, 10:28 AM
he was offside for about the 10th time. I cheered the substitution but was shouting encouragement during the game (then thinking you've ****ed up again). I want nish to score hat tricks every week but I know he is guff and not up to the standard required.

The men with Sky+ and Alba say different.

Jones28
19-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Same old same old from Hibs fans "We pay our money, we make our views felt"

*****E! Why not use the money you pay to go to the cinema? Why dont you go somewhere where you dont have to suffer through it?

Supporting a football team is just that: SUPPORTING!

We had a taste of success under Mowbry and Collins and now we want it all the time, well thats not how life works unfortunately.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to flatten teams like ICT and Hamilton at home, and we shouold be, but we aint. And fans dont help by going to the games ready to hurl abuse at Nish, Miller, Hogg or any other player that is going to take the blame on the day.

We were outsung by Hamilton yesterday! The worst away support in the league and we were annhialated!

WHY dont Hibs fans have the winning mentality that the team should have?

(((Fergus)))
19-09-2010, 10:53 AM

*****E! Why not use the money you pay to go to the cinema? Why dont you go somewhere where you dont have to suffer through it?

We had a taste of success under Mowbry and Collins and now we want it all the time, well thats not how life works unfortunately.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to flatten teams like ICT and Hamilton at home, and we shouold be, but we aint. And fans dont help by going to the games ready to hurl abuse at Nish, Miller, Hogg or any other player that is going to take the blame on the day.

We were outsung by Hamilton yesterday! The worst away support in the league and we were annhialated!

The team have to lead by example then the fans will join in. The team cannot do this unless they have a leader.

Phil MaGlass
19-09-2010, 10:58 AM

Its been shot out of us by Hughes and Mixu.

I agree with you on the singling out of players though, shouldnt be happening, no matter how pi5h you think they are,they are wearing a Hibs jersey FFS. Mind you, when the team as a whole give a 5hit display, I am always one of the first to boo them off the park. If you dont like the I pay my money attitude then thats your thing.
I have been watching Hibs and playing fitba long enough to know the difference between effort and no effort, skill and no skill,and a manager that knows what he is doing or not. So I pay my money and that gives me the right to boo the team.

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2010, 11:03 AM
The team have to lead by example then the fans will join in. The team cannot do this unless they have a leader.

A rudderless boat/ship best describes the present team

ahibby
19-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Nish is unfairly made the scapegoat. No way he is the problem. He was taking high balls to knock down with out the kind of player beside him who looks for the knock down. I'm sure Duffy would do well playing beside Nish.

AndersonGGTTH
19-09-2010, 11:07 AM
:greengrin:greengrini cheered it because i wanted too see the lith top scorer in action

Dinkydoo
19-09-2010, 11:23 AM

Nish wasn't any worse than anyone else out there today, at least he looked like he bloody cared!!

It's easy for fans to pick on Nish, he's been the boo boy for a while now. He makes a bad pass and it's 'nish your pish' etc but Deek does it and it's 'oh unlucky deek, well done for trying!'

That, IMO is the pathetic thing.

The thing is, we have been really unlucky in the past two games between missing penalties, open goals, offside goals that were a bit too borderline for my liking..........we could be sitting here with 6 points out of six and us, the fans, wouldn't be slagging off the same old scapegoats to the dogs which yes, vents a a bit of frustration, but achieves absolutley nothing positive in the short or long term.

The way some Hibs "supporters" go on is about as frustrating as our current run of form IMO.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2010, 11:33 AM
A rudderless boat/ship best describes the present team

With a crew who have refused to paddle in the same direction from day 1.

Hibby Bairn
19-09-2010, 11:37 AM
With a crew who have refused to paddle in the same direction from day 1.

Does anyone know the bonus set up at hibs? On the basis that money is a big motivator for these players (and others) is the relationship between salary and bonus too wide?

I recall Dundee Utd under Jim McLean using bonuses and contracts as a key tool in the motivating of the team to deliver consistently high performances and wins.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Does anyone know the bonus set up at hibs? On the basis that money is a big motivator for these players (and others) is the relationship between salary and bonus too wide?

I recall Dundee Utd under Jim McLean using bonuses and contracts as a key tool in the motivating of the team to deliver consistently high performances and wins.

No idea TH, although i'd imagine these type of contracts are rare these days. I cant see our players willing to sign contracts where they might get reduced wages should they not win.:dunno:

fife hfc
19-09-2010, 11:44 AM
The men with Sky+ and Alba say different.

Well my sky+ must be better than yours:na na: as he is a yard in front of the defender. Also telling to me is that the fans in line with the linesmen where not going mental at his decision.

essexhibee
19-09-2010, 02:17 PM

No you are legends. Hes utter *****. Hopefully he will do one now. :thumbsup:

Hibbie_Cameron
19-09-2010, 02:20 PM
I think its pathetic too. Hibs will be the pinacle of Nish's career and although he is not the best you cant fault him for effort. If those who took a step down to sign for hibs and have much more talent than him put as much effort into their game we would be a far better team

discman
19-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Well my sky+ must be better than yours:na na: as he is a yard in front of the defender. Also telling to me is that the fans in line with the linesmen where not going mental at his decision.

No he wasnt,as for fans not going mental,where were you sitting? I was in the west stand and thought thats really close,seen slow mo ,defo onside :cool2:

Eaststand
19-09-2010, 02:56 PM

I agree with you 100% on that point about Liam Miller and for some reason he escapes the criticism from the fans and seems very happy to sidestep anything that looks close to being a tackle...he's not a luxury we can currently afford in our team

GGTTH

discman
19-09-2010, 03:00 PM

That, IMO is the pathetic thing.

The thing is, we have been really unlucky in the past two games between missing penalties, open goals, offside goals that were a bit too borderline for my liking..........we could be sitting here with 6 points out of six and us, the fans, wouldn't be slagging off the same old scapegoats to the dogs which yes, vents a a bit of frustration, but achieves absolutley nothing positive in the short or long term.

The way some Hibs "supporters" go on is about as frustrating as our current run of form IMO.

Agree!!!! last week we should have consolidated, deeks missing the pen and degraaf the sitter hows that yogis fault? bad call yesterday by linesman again hows that yogis fault?? very easily we could be sitting 3rd not 7th,I am not saying were playing really well but the margins of error are small!

and just out of curiousity how long do people think it takes for a new manager to get a) his team and b) get that team playing the way he wants it? :cool2:

discman
19-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I agree with you 100% on that point about Liam Miller and for some reason he escapes the criticism from the fans and seems very happy to sidestep anything that looks close to being a tackle...he's not a luxury we can currently afford in our team

GGTTH

So apparently we have a squad of players that is as good as other teams, I have read this throughout these forms, I have read that, nish/pish,hoggcrap,spoony taking pelters, people clamouring for galbraith,played yesterday looked a bit lost,degraff:bye: now miller how long beforeTrakys is abused, squad begining to lookvery small :cool2:

Alfred E Newman
19-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Personally, I thought the new boy did more in the few mins he had on than Nish did in the previous 75 mins or so. Having said that I'm sure he'll eventually come down to the same level as everyone else has under Yogi.

Nonsense. His first attempt at goal almost went out for a throw in and other than that he did nothing.

500miles
19-09-2010, 05:24 PM

Well you're talking pish. The highlights are up on BBC, Nish's feet are on the near side of the cut of the grass, and the defender is on the goal side. Now, what isn't clear is if his head is offside....which to me would be nonsense, because he isn't playing the ball with his head, but technically it is still a part of the body which can play the ball. However, even then, 1. Nish must have some sized head to be wider than Eleberts shoulders, and 2.it's not a yard offside at all.

HibsMax
19-09-2010, 05:30 PM

I've never been a fan of booing but I appreciate that some people see it as their right to do so. Who am I to argue? That said, I would question people's motives. What exactly do they hope to achieve? I'm sure the players are under no illusions, they have to know that they are not doing a good job. But that, to me, does not warrant booing. I can just imagine how most people would react if they were at their job and every time they make a mistake there was a group of people stranding by just waiting to voice their their displeasure. :bitchy:.

Everyone will have their own idea of what a supporter does at a game and everyone will act the way they want to act. My own personal belief is that during the game we should be behind the team regardless of how crap they are playing. The idea being that perhaps we can get behind them, give them that boost they need to turn things around. If that doesn't happen, give them a boo as they walk off the pitch. As far as I'm concerned the people who boo DURING the game are actually just adding to the problem..........unless these same people expect their booing to boost the confidence of the players. Seems kinda unlikely to me......

Dinkydoo
19-09-2010, 05:58 PM
I've never been a fan of booing but I appreciate that some people see it as their right to do so. Who am I to argue? That said, I would question people's motives. What exactly do they hope to achieve? I'm sure the players are under no illusions, they have to know that they are not doing a good job. But that, to me, does not warrant booing. I can just imagine how most people would react if they were at their job and every time they make a mistake there was a group of people stranding by just waiting to voice their their displeasure. :bitchy:.

That is an arguement I've used a few times on here and still feel that if people actually put themselve's in the players shoes and gained a little perspective (although, you do have to question whether some of the "fans" who boo for an entire 90 mins really have the intellectual capacity to do so :wink:), then perhaps they'd think twice before booing and shouting abuse at Hibs players during the game.

I'd be pretty pissed off if my boss came upto me during a particularly testing morning and booed in my lughole and doubt very much that it would enhance my performance; in fact, I'd would probably be some task to avoid giving them a few F and C's myself lol.

P.S: you can probably see that my phone isn't behaving itself at the moment..............:grr:

I've uploaded a new pic of it after it's touch up yest. Shame my webcam doesn't pick up on the detail very well though....

BSEJVT
19-09-2010, 06:01 PM

Agree entirely

Its horrible to watch supporters turning on their own players.

Only possible justification IMO is bottling out a tackle and patently not trying.

Dont think Nish could be accused of either ever.

Its becoming an increasing trait at ER, last year it was Nish, Hogg, Rankin, Benji & Zemmama.

With 1 gone 1 injured and 2 dropped and no viable alternative in the squad to Nish, he gets it all.

FWIW I doubt he's good enough for Hibs but its hardly his fault as I am sure he would love to be.

Its the manager's fault for making such an arse of the squad's construction that he plays every week. If he does we should support him.

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 07:23 PM

On what basis can you defend him???? He is hopeless

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Nish is a Hibee! Do people think that he isnt aware of his under par performances, and they are under par just like the rest of them. He is one of us, playing for the team he supports! People should use there brains and think of the bigger picture, he's 1 in a team of 11!

He'll be upset!:bitchy:

So what im a Hibee your a Hibee I couldnt give a flyin **** who Colin Nish supported, all I do know for fact he isnt good enough to grace a Hibs starting 11........simple! IMO oof course

Purehibee_MYB
19-09-2010, 07:45 PM

How De Graaf was allowed to stand on that pitch for 90 minutes I will never know...He was the worst player on the pitch by a long shot...

hibernator
19-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Just a thought for the gum bangers, who do you think you are helping ?
Hibs ? naw you are helping the opposition ! that is the point Reid made, he will be delighted that he was right , well done you are a credit to the club right enough !:bitchy:

hibeemad
19-09-2010, 08:28 PM
The boo's at the end of the last two games do nothing to help either?
i didn't see the game today but against inverness we were by far the better team and to boo at the end was just pathetic.

also the stick de graaf is getting already is horrendous, he has came from a completely different league and will obviously take time to adapt, once he has i have full faith he will come good.

all the fans who boo the team and players are pathetic. it wont make anything better, it just makes it worse. gives a great impression to the other teams aswell, shows how much our "fans" back the team and players.

the attitudes of over half the home fans has to improve or nothing good will come of this season.

I bet your glad you never saw the game. We were second to evey ball, Hamilton wanted the win more than we did
. The Boos at the and of the game are justified, or do you think we should be cheering a Home draw against hamilton. We played on the break at home to hamilton, thats what i call PATHETIC, not the Boos.

De graf gets the stck on here cos he deserves it. If he does come good then i would love that, but doesnt look like it so far. Why not bang him in the reserves till he comes good.

Its not th efans that are pathetic, its most of the players. Thay stroll about like they dont even want to be there. It used to be that you played for the jersey, but not anymore.

The players performances need to buck up or the season will be wasted. Play like that on a regular basis and we will be in deep ****.

lenny leith
19-09-2010, 08:47 PM
:greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin and cattle prods and throwlarge bricks with jaggy edges

Liams
19-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Im ******en sick of the nish haters. The guy give he all in every game, If u watch the highlights from any of the games u can see that he's always involved in our attacks. Fair enough he does fall/look for a fowl, but most the time he does have someone grabbing him.

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Im ******en sick of the nish haters. The guy give he all in every game, If u watch the highlights from any of the games u can see that he's always involved in our attacks. Fair enough he does fall/look for a fowl, but most the time he does have someone grabbing him.

Im sick of the blind idiots that keep sticking up for the guy, he is useless, what you nish lovers see is well beyond me. tell me what attributes does he have????

marinello59
19-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Im sick of the blind idiots that keep sticking up for the guy, he is useless, what you nish lovers see is well beyond me. tell me what attributes does he have????

So if people disagree with you they are idiots? :bitchy:

Stew the Hibee
19-09-2010, 09:12 PM

Who would you play before him then?
We can't play Duffy, he's out injured.
Trakys? He's had 20 mins at most of match time, and nowhere near fit enough.

Nish isn't going to set the league alight, but FFS, we could have much worse playing for us. If he creates a goal it gets overlooked by the support and gets put down as a one off. If he loses the ball then he overtakes Bin Laden in the most wanted list. The guy gives his all in every match, and like it or not is more worth the wage than some others who pull on the shirt. After the 6-6 game, only one player seemed genuienely gutted, and all the others were out 15 mins later having a laugh in the cool down, but **** it let's worship these people who blatently don't care for the club.

Fair enough not liking Nish, but all this constant ripping into him by the majority of the support will do nobody any favours.

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 09:14 PM
So if people disagree with you they are idiots? :bitchy:

not at all if you or someone has a good argument to prove your point im big enought to admit im wrong, come up with one for him and I will hear you out????????????

marinello59
19-09-2010, 09:17 PM
not at all if you or someone has a good argument to prove your point im big enought to admit im wrong, come up with one for him and I will hear you out????????????

Read through the multitude of Nish bashing threads on here and there have been some excellent posts defending the guy.
Where's your argument? All you have done is make a statement and declare that anybody who doesn't agree is an idiot.

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Who would you play before him then?
We can't play Duffy, he's out injured.
Trakys? He's had 20 mins at most of match time, and nowhere near fit enough.

Nish isn't going to set the league alight, but FFS, we could have much worse playing for us. If he creates a goal it gets overlooked by the support and gets put down as a one off. If he loses the ball then he overtakes Bin Laden in the most wanted list. The guy gives his all in every match, and like it or not is more worth the wage than some others who pull on the shirt. After the 6-6 game, only one player seemed genuienely gutted, and all the others were out 15 mins later having a laugh in the cool down, but **** it let's worship these people who blatently don't care for the club.

Fair enough not liking Nish, but all this constant ripping into him by the majority of the support will do nobody any favours.

Thats because 9 times out of 10 it ids a 1 off FFS how many has he created / scored so far since pre season????

As I saisd earlier I couldnt give a flying **** who he supports or how hard he works hes not good enough, plain and simple and anyone who thinks he is is kidding themselve on, all this about Hibs having a great positon as a club wanting to take us to the next level with a good team on the park, he wouldnt be in that im very sure!!!!!

I aint one of these guys that would rip into him at the game boo him etc as he does try his best like you said but it aint good enough, im a hibby I play Junior football and could pull on the jersey and try my heart out but im still not good enough, what makes him different to merit all this sticking up for him?

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Read through the multitude of Nish bashing threads on here and there have been some excellent posts defending the guy.
Where's your argument? All you have done is make a statement and declare that anybody who doesn't agree is an idiot.

Like what, im open to be educated? Tell me sumit, or point out what ive missed the last couple of years? Geez my eyes must be worse than I thought.

To be fair I think you said all that needed to be said in the above comment, these multitude threads dont appear as coincedence do they? Or are the majority of fans wrong? :bye:

Ed De Gramo
19-09-2010, 09:27 PM

If i'm an idiot...what the **** does that make you....

Away and throw *****e at yourself :bye::bye:

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 09:32 PM
If i'm an idiot...what the **** does that make you....

Away and throw *****e at yourself :bye::bye:

A very educated reply, I was expecting a debate here obviously outwith you capabilities.

Sorry wee man if I dont agree with your view!

Stew the Hibee
19-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Thats because 9 times out of 10 it ids a 1 off FFS how many has he created / scored so far since pre season????

As I saisd earlier I couldnt give a flying **** who he supports or how hard he works hes not good enough, plain and simple and anyone who thinks he is is kidding themselve on, all this about Hibs having a great positon as a club wanting to take us to the next level with a good team on the park, he wouldnt be in that im very sure!!!!!

I aint one of these guys that would rip into him at the game boo him etc as he does try his best like you said but it aint good enough, im a hibby I play Junior football and could pull on the jersey and try my heart out but im still not good enough, what makes him different to merit all this sticking up for him?

Out of the 5 SPL goals Hibs have scored this season, 1 has come from Nish. So to answer your question, he's created 20% of our goals this season, which isn't really too bad :wink:. I'm not saying he would be in some ultimate hibs team, but like it or not, he is in the team just now. Surely supporting the club involves supporting all who pull on the jersey, not just those you rate?

Well why then does he deserve all the abuse he gets? Why, out of the 11 (up to 14) players that play for us, why is he the one that is always singled out? He is much more worthy of our support than some who play just for the wage.

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Out of the 5 SPL goals Hibs have scored this season, 1 has come from Nish. So to answer your question, he's created 20% of our goals this season, which isn't really too bad :wink:. I'm not saying he would be in some ultimate hibs team, but like it or not, he is in the team just now. Surely supporting the club involves supporting all who pull on the jersey, not just those you rate?

Well why then does he deserve all the abuse he gets? Why, out of the 11 (up to 14) players that play for us, why is he the one that is always singled out? He is much more worthy of our support than some who play just for the wage.

I can kinda see where your coming from about him being more worthy of our support as he is a Hibby and try his best but mate cmon he isnt good enough, no???

I aint saying he is the root of all orr problems and dnot single him out specifically, I will however join in on a debate on him and give my opinion.

Who did he score against or am I forgettin sumit?

Stew the Hibee
19-09-2010, 09:48 PM
I can kinda see where your coming from about him being more worthy of our support as he is a Hibby and try his best but mate cmon he isnt good enough, no???

I aint saying he is the root of all orr problems and dnot single him out specifically, I will however join in on a debate on him and give my opinion.

Who did he score against or am I forgettin sumit?

I never said he deserves our support for being a Hibby, I said he deserves our support because he plays for our club! If he gives his all for the club we love, then why should he be the one that gets abused? I don't care if it's a guniea pig that plays for Hibs, if they are wearing the Hibs shirt they surely deserve all the support we can give them?

That's fair enough, but it seems to me that on this debate your not prepared to look at the bigger picture, that's what im trying to get at mate.

He hasn't scored this season, but he's created 20% of our goals this campaign :wink:

marinello59
19-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Like what, im open to be educated? Tell me sumit, or point out what ive missed the last couple of years? Geez my eyes must be worse than I thought.

To be fair I think you said all that needed to be said in the above comment, these multitude threads dont appear as coincedence do they? Or are the majority of fans wrong? :bye:

Talk about missing my point. People who disagree with you are not idiots, they just have a different viewpoint.

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I never said he deserves our support for being a Hibby, I said he deserves our support because he plays for our club! If he gives his all for the club we love, then why should he be the one that gets abused? I don't care if it's a guniea pig that plays for Hibs, if they are wearing the Hibs shirt they surely deserve all the support we can give them?

That's fair enough, but it seems to me that on this debate your not prepared to look at the bigger picture, that's what im trying to get at mate.

He hasn't scored this season, but he's created 20% of our goals this campaign :wink:

So your stat about 1 coming from Nish has been blown right out the water lol just messin mate! I agree with you 100% mate, as I said earlier I would never and dont boo any player in a Hibs jersey, never have and never will as it does no good at all, I will however give my opinion on players that I and you keep at our club, and unfortunatle for Colin he is gettin stick which I honestly believe is warranted as I dont think he is good enough. But looking at the bigger picture I guess Hughes has alot to answer for as its not Nish's fault he aint good enough its the numpty picking him week in week out. If I was picked every week id be going out the trying like **** but I can guarantee id be coming home on a saturday night reading threads on how gash I am etc lol

Its a bit murder the now I honestly cant see where our next wins coming from! (Not Nish's fault before anyone starts :greengrin)

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Talk about missing my point. People who disagree with you are not idiots, they just have a different viewpoint.

Fair point mate, your right its all about opinions etc. Just if there is one thing that boils my p*ss is when I read people sticking up for Nish saying he is an asset etc, I honestly believe he would struggle to get a game for St John, Hamil, Inverness etc which we should be aiming much higher. Not his fault tho and as I said earlier I wouldnt give him stick / Boo him at games but I will air my views which watching his eye bleeding displays, im entitled to :agree:

Stew the Hibee
19-09-2010, 10:04 PM
So your stat about 1 coming from Nish has been blown right out the water lol just messin mate! I agree with you 100% mate, as I said earlier I would never and dont boo any player in a Hibs jersey, never have and never will as it does no good at all, I will however give my opinion on players that I and you keep at our club, and unfortunatle for Colin he is gettin stick which I honestly believe is warranted as I dont think he is good enough. But looking at the bigger picture I guess Hughes has alot to answer for as its not Nish's fault he aint good enough its the numpty picking him week in week out. If I was picked every week id be going out the trying like **** but I can guarantee id be coming home on a saturday night reading threads on how gash I am etc lol

Its a bit murder the now I honestly cant see where our next wins coming from! (Not Nish's fault before anyone starts :greengrin)

Sorry mate, wasn't too clear in my post, I meant he's created one of the five goals. Fair enough if you don't think he's good enough, but you can't think its warrented at the match as I can't see him being too positive about playing next week now, can you?

Anyway, time to get ourselves ready for another exciting match next week :tee hee:

SMAXXA
19-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Sorry mate, wasn't too clear in my post, I meant he's created one of the five goals. Fair enough if you don't think he's good enough, but you can't think its warrented at the match as I can't see him being too positive about playing next week now, can you?

Anyway, time to get ourselves ready for another exciting match next week :tee hee:

Nope sure cant, I get enough stick at football to know its not a great feeling gettin pleters from your own fans lol and to be fair I dont think theres any of us Hibbys too positive about going to darkheed next week!

Honestly duno what its gona take to get our season started, sack yogi or not dont think we are in for a fun filled season to be honest, and I have a sneaky wee feeling the yams are gona do alright this year.

Dinkydoo
20-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Fair point mate, your right its all about opinions etc. Just if there is one thing that boils my p*ss is when I read people sticking up for Nish saying he is an asset etc, I honestly believe he would struggle to get a game for St John, Hamil, Inverness etc which we should be aiming much higher. Not his fault tho and as I said earlier I wouldnt give him stick / Boo him at games but I will air my views which watching his eye bleeding displays, im entitled to :agree:

Talk about one extreme to the other :yawn:

Who exactly has said that he is an asset to the club............a quote would be nice. :rolleyes:

Prof. Shaggy
20-09-2010, 01:28 PM

How can 9 times out 10 be a one-off?

el capitano
20-09-2010, 01:54 PM

firstly, i rate him and want him to do well,as i do all our players. i see strengths in all our players.

secondly, just because we all have views doesnt mean you have to tell us we are wrong

and thirdly, i have been involved with junior football for years now and still involved in coaching side of things, how do you manage to see the hibs games? juniors play at the same time?

your opinions are worth posting but you have to accept everyones opinion, and while i think the player in question does have weaknesses to his game he also has a lot of strengths, as do ALL our players.

Hibercelona
20-09-2010, 02:01 PM
We're all a disgrace then.

Because I don't think there was one person not cheering when he was subbed.

And besides. I think the sarcastic cheers were more aimed at Yogi than they were at Nish.

Disc O'Dave
20-09-2010, 02:07 PM
How can 9 times out 10 be a one-off?

And conversely, the one time out of ten presumably isn't a one off? :greengrin

brydekirk
20-09-2010, 02:33 PM

the guy is total p@sh :bye:

SMAXXA
20-09-2010, 03:42 PM
firstly, i rate him and want him to do well,as i do all our players. i see strengths in all our players.

secondly, just because we all have views doesnt mean you have to tell us we are wrong

and thirdly, i have been involved with junior football for years now and still involved in coaching side of things, how do you manage to see the hibs games? juniors play at the same time?

your opinions are worth posting but you have to accept everyones opinion, and while i think the player in question does have weaknesses to his game he also has a lot of strengths, as do ALL our players.

Point 1- In my opinion the people who stick up for him are wrong as I said before I think the MAJORITY who can see him for what he is cant be wrong. Your right tho I dont have a right to tell anyone they are wrong, this is all IMO of course so apologies if any offence caused.

Point 2- Medial Ligament, injured hence pleasure of attending home games this season. I do however go to the games when not playing on a Sat tho.

Point 3- Your right I do have to accept other peoples opinions, again apologies if I cause any offence previously, not intended, think my 10th beer last night was a dodgey one hency my posts last night :greengrin

Arch Stanton
20-09-2010, 04:10 PM
I'd say be careful what you wish for.

Nish can score goals if he gets service from the wings whereas Trakays is reportedly more of a target man.

Now, if we are going to continue to play narrow with aimless hoofs into the box then Trakays would seem to be your best bet.

Personally I would prefer to see decent wide play, but thats just me I suppose.

hibbiedon
20-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Bet the yams are loving all this, attacks on each other,attacks on the players and
attacks on yogi, :grr: lets just

SUPPORT HIBS

Alex Trager
20-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Bet the yams are loving all this, attacks on each other,attacks on the players and
attacks on yogi, :grr: lets just

SUPPORT HIBS
Sense at last. We're not as good as we could be, lets get on with it, us 'revolting' won't help matters.

basehibby
20-09-2010, 05:33 PM
He was pants, he can't stand on his own 2 feet when in acres on space. He deserved the boos and so did the rest of the team.

Re Nish - Garbage, Garbage and triple garbage!!!

Nish had a pretty good game on Saturday and deserved the goal which was chalked off for offside - the booboys saw what they wanted to see and were bang out of order IMO. Some of his teammates were far more culpable for the failure to take the points against Hamilton. The booing at the final whistle directed at the whole team was perhaps understandable but the booing of individuals is just plain stupid and self destructive.

Also - what's this about the MAJORITY of Hibs fans??????? Certainly the booers make an almighty racket when they're booing, but where I was sitting in the FF they were a very small minority - even smaller than the minority singing songs on the odd occasion. Also notable - the one or two guys that I noticed booing made the collective noise of a couple of church mice whenever any song was struck up in an attempt to get behind the team.

basehibby
20-09-2010, 05:42 PM

And you are an expert on the strengths and weaknesses in De Graff's game having watched him play football for how long precisely???

Without knowing the answer to that question the assumption has to be that you are merely a bandwagon jumper. As it goes, on Saturday, our whole midfield probably contributed less individually than Nish - I would have thought that would be reason enough NOT to single him out - but if you went along to the game with the express intention of having a good BOO I don't suppose you'd let something like logic get in the way of your fun eh?!?

basehibby
20-09-2010, 05:58 PM
My wife would agree with you as she is always calling me a disgrace:greengrin nish is ***** and gets paid a hell of alot more money that me for basically having very little footballing ability. I will boo the team and players if they play as bad as today.

I never actually booed him today but did cheer when he went off. It was an obvious substitution that only Yogi could not see.

,,,and yet he made exactly that obvious substitutions.

This stands out as an excelent example of boo boy "logic". It fits in perfectly with the ethos of encouraging players by booing them and slagging them mercilessly - at least you're consistent if nothing else :rolleyes:

Cal 7-0
20-09-2010, 06:13 PM
If Nish is a waste of space, what does that make you & your post?

Sorry thats my opinion something I am entitled to. I'm not going to start some stupid slanging match with you because you don't agree!!

Gatecrasher
20-09-2010, 06:14 PM
our support, like our team has got worse since we won the cup in 07, the toys are thrown out the pram at every oppertunity, now its even got to the stage of sarcasticly cheering our own plyers off the park. Its a sad state of affairs IMO

but hey folk pay their money :blah:

Captain Trips
20-09-2010, 06:15 PM
When I booed and made a lot of noise during the Duffy era it wasnt to encourage it was to hopefully get folk to quit or leave, the encouragment had all gone when it was clear IMO the player(s) and manager had reached a level that showed them not good enough. Soo the boo boy "logic" I thought was that in their mind hopefully getting rid of people they deem not good enough.

Maybe some folk are a bit quick to boo, but perhaps they feel as strongly that a player is not in their opinion good enough to the same level as I thought a player wasnt in the Duffy days of which I admit to openly booing and complaining but only after strong support which turned out to be wasted on that regime.

Disc O'Dave
20-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Re Nish - Garbage, Garbage and triple garbage!!!

Nish had a pretty good game on Saturday and deserved the goal which was chalked off for offside - the booboys saw what they wanted to see and were bang out of order IMO. Some of his teammates were far more culpable for the failure to take the points against Hamilton. The booing at the final whistle directed at the whole team was perhaps understandable but the booing of individuals is just plain stupid and self destructive.

Also - what's this about the MAJORITY of Hibs fans??????? Certainly the booers make an almighty racket when they're booing, but where I was sitting in the FF they were a very small minority - even smaller than the minority singing songs on the odd occasion. Also notable - the one or two guys that I noticed booing made the collective noise of a couple of church mice whenever any song was struck up in an attempt to get behind the team.

basehibby
20-09-2010, 06:22 PM
On what basis can you defend him???? He is hopeless

1) Doesn't lack for effort
2) Does occasionally have an excellent game and look like a talented striker (not that you'd bring yourself to notice)
3) On saturday he was pretty much the only option to start alongside Riordan (Trakys being presumably not quite ready for 90mins)

As for you - on what basis could you defend such a stupid question???

basehibby
20-09-2010, 06:28 PM

He's a big tall awkward bugger - virtually assured to get you 10 + goals a season in the SPL - he's also a Hibby which presumably means he won't lack for commitment.

I won't pretend that Nish is any kind of world beater but I'm not blind or stupid enough to let his shortcomings blind me to what he brings to the table - evidently you are! :bye:

basehibby
20-09-2010, 06:39 PM

:top marksOn the strength of that statement I take back the above post quetioning your intelligence

Hibs Class
20-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Don't recollect seeing it in this thread yet, but Nish scored 3 against Motherwell and 2 against Dundee United in the last two games of last season, which sealed 4th place for us. That isn't the product of someone useless with no redeeming qualities.

Whilst some of the criticism of him is justified I really don't understand why some folk are so passionate about wanting to destroy him on here or, more destructively, at ER. His performance as a footballer is still better than the boo boys' performances as supporters.

jabis
20-09-2010, 06:47 PM
deary me,what a load of codswallop this thread is.
Nish is no worldbeater,neither is he Guff.Opposition teams know he can cause problems,and therefore mark him accordingly.
If 90% of the whingers on here got hit like Nish does,during the game,they would be crying to the nearest policeman,and then phoning the nearest ****my lawer being advertised on daytime telly,to make a claim.

In MY opinion,they are that type of person.

But hey! what do I know.

SMAXXA
20-09-2010, 07:14 PM
1) Doesn't lack for effort
2) Does occasionally have an excellent game and look like a talented striker (not that you'd bring yourself to notice)
3) On saturday he was pretty much the only option to start alongside Riordan (Trakys being presumably not quite ready for 90mins)

As for you - on what basis could you defend such a stupid question???

1) Yip I have never questioned his effort, only ability
2) That 1 word says it all for me, im sorry but occasionally isnt good enough in my book.
3) Granted we do lack options and not surprised he played, as ive said before its not his fault he gets played its the manger that keeps picking him / hasnt got suitable options to play up front.

Honest I dont have any kind of venteta against Nishy I would love him to prove me and many others wrong, id happily eat my words but just cant see it happening.

Kinda done the Nish thing to death now, I hope he proves me wrong. I really do!:agree:

IMO of course :greengrin

500miles
20-09-2010, 11:45 PM
1) Yip I have never questioned his effort, only ability
2) That 1 word says it all for me, im sorry but occasionally isnt good enough in my book.
3) Granted we do lack options and not surprised he played, as ive said before its not his fault he gets played its the manger that keeps picking him / hasnt got suitable options to play up front.

Honest I dont have any kind of venteta against Nishy I would love him to prove me and many others wrong, id happily eat my words but just cant see it happening.

Kinda done the Nish thing to death now, I hope he proves me wrong. I really do!:agree:

IMO of course :greengrin

Top 10 SPL scorers

As of 18:49, 18 September 2010 (UTC)

Rank Player Club(s)[note 6] Goals
1 Kris Boyd Kilmarnock (2001–2006)
Rangers (2006–2010) 164
2 Henrik Larsson Celtic (1998–2004) 158
3 Scott McDonald Motherwell (2004–2007)
Celtic (2007–2010) 93
4 John Hartson Celtic (2001–2006) 88
5 Derek Riordan[note 7] Hibernian (2001–2006)
Celtic (2006–2008)
Hibernian (2008–present) 86
6 Nacho Novo Dundee (2002–2004)
Rangers (2004–2010) 73
7 Stevie Crawford Hibernian (1998–2000)
Dunfermline Athletic (1999–2004)
Dundee United (2005)
Aberdeen (2005–2006)
Dunfermline Athletic (2006–2008) 65
Chris Sutton Celtic (2000–2006)
9 Kenny Miller[note 7] Hibernian (1999–2000)
Rangers (2000–2001)
Celtic (2006–2007)
Rangers (2008–present) 62
10 Colin Nish[note 7] Kilmarnock (2003–2008)
Hibernian (2008–present) 61

Nish will be at the heels of Novo if he manages to bag his expected 10ish goals. If he is played as a striker, primarily facing goal, he may well match him.

1875godsgift
21-09-2010, 01:28 AM

So the guy has earned a living for about the last 12-14 years playing football and you think he's *****e?
Surely, if he was that *****e, somewhere along the line, somebody with the same insight as yourself would have said " Hold on Colin, you're *****e. Dinnae bother about being in the top 10 SPL goalscorers, that's no important. We can sign fife hfc for a quarter of your wages."
Would you then be happy playing on the hallowed turf with 10,000 Hibbies baying for your blood?:bye:

truehibernian
21-09-2010, 05:47 AM
My thoughts are that Hughes has been very clever to try and deflect from his own deficiencies here. At the game I was quite clear in my mind that the crowd, rather than cheer Nish's substitution, they were cheering the fact Hughes was actually getting round to making a sub AND bringing on the new signing. It was De Graff who was getting the boos and howls of derision throughout the game, not Nish (who was having one of his better games). I was actually seething that Hughes was taking off Nish and Grounds, and keeping De Graff on the pitch (and questioning what on earth taking Grounds off achieved).

Maybe I picked the crowd up wrong, but either way, Hughes is trying to use this situation to his advantage not Colin's IMHO. Doesn't take away from the fact that his own performance (Hughes) was way below Colin Nish's on Saturday.

MB62
21-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Big Colin has his limitations, of that there is no doubt, but for some reason, he has become the next easy target for abuse. Last season he scored double figures for us, most other clubs outside the OF would bite yer hand off for someone who could do that yet he was only our third top scorer.
The big man goes down like a wee lassie at times when challenged, I would like to see him being a bit stronger and giving it out more, give the centre half something to think about.

However he does hold the ball up and has had plenty 'assists' and I really feel the criticism he gets is away OTT. On Saturday, he scored a perfectly good goal but the assistant referee called it wrong. I don't blame the linesman? for this as I thought at the time it was possibly offside. Stokes scored an almost identical goal for the dodgers on Sunday and was hailed a hero in the press, big Nishy gets slated by his own supporters.

I doubt I will ever be his biggest fan but he is a fellow Hibby, he doesn't hide during games, is certainly not the worst striker I have seen playing for the Hibees and is not the worst player presently at Easter Road.
Bottom line now is, if the Boo boys get their way and Colin is dropped, who is his replacement and will he be any better?

Bad Martini
21-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Canny be arsed reading 6 pages of pelters/defense as both are right and wrong based on Saturday but I'd say this:

1) We showed no ****ing width whatsoever ... even when players WENT wide, naebody give them the baw

2) Nish's goal WAS onside. Seen it at the time. Telly confirmed last night. We didny get it but technically, it was onside and thus he DID score.

3) DeGraff was ***** anaw.

4) Hughes needs to sort this width problem. The one thing he done right was playing Deek properly, for the game...did ye hear how hard he hit that crossbar? That was a one sweet strike. More match time, in the right place and he'll be reaping the benefits.

As for boo'ing, pantomine *****.

Sometimes were *****, sometimes were no. Am no gonny get intae that boo'ing ***** tho. Id rather call someone a bawbag OR applaud a fine piece of play withoot gettin into panto style boo'in.

Each to their ain tho. We aw paid oor £22 notes, we can aw decide.

ENDOF