PDA

View Full Version : Sack Yogi (Merged threads)

SouthamptonHibs
18-09-2010, 03:53 PM
his team is crap, he's a joke of a manager!!! we're doomed if he stays in charge, it's gonna be a long season:grr:

Miller33
18-09-2010, 03:54 PM
How long can this continue? how much time are we going to give him? he's tactically unaware, and some his substitutions are baffling! GET HIM OUT!

carnoustiehibee
18-09-2010, 03:58 PM
it must be 4.45pm on a saturday. glad ive stuck to my end of season promise of not getting a season ticket.

yogi would'nt win a game of snap against a guy with a stutter

Latapy1911
18-09-2010, 03:58 PM
It's the bloody tactics, The "Barca" formation we have been using for ages now only works up till the half way line.

4-4-2 with Riordan and Stokes with Galbraith on the left would of got us 3rd place

hibeesdude
18-09-2010, 04:02 PM
How eye bleedingly bad was that.
Nish..... Why
De graff... Box to box my erse

A team devoid of a leader
Devoid of a clue

John Hughes .. Door erse don't let it on way oot ye hit

Angry yes too ****in right

SouthamptonHibs
18-09-2010, 04:03 PM
agreed, listening to the game on bbc, i feel asleep for most of the 2nd half it was that boring! don't expect to much from Hibs but Hamilton are garbage easily the worst team in the spl and we can't beat that lot!!! Not sure what yogi's going to say this week, watch out for a few of these key phrases
erh we never got beat, the boys are looking sharp in training, there's a real buzz about the place, there honest guys and give there all, a great bunch oh lads to work with, a think the ref's want us to play with slippers on, nish is good etc etc etc yawnnnnnnnnnnn

the sad thing is we don't have goals in our team apart from Deek...Garbraith looks lively but hardly scores, no idea what the new guys like and we all no about Nish, our midfield don't score many/any goals either does our defenders.

PeeJay
18-09-2010, 04:06 PM
agreed, listening to the game on bbc, i feel asleep fo most of the 2nd half it was that boring! don't expect to much from Hibs but Hamilton are garbage easil the worst team in the spl and we can't beat that lot!!! Not sure what yogi's going to say this week, wath out for a few of these key phrases
erh we never got beat, the boys are looking sharp in training, there's a real buzz about the place, there honest guys and give there all, a great bunch oh lads to work with, a think the ref's want us to play with slippers on, nish is good etc etc etc yawnnnnnnnnnnn

the sad thing is we don't have goals in our team apart from Deek...Garbraith looks lively but hardly scores, no idea what the new guys like and we all no about Nish, our midfield doesn't score any goals either does our defence.

Not after today they're not - I saw the game, they were pretty well organised, and up for it, they were more creative, passed the ball better and worked for each other as a team - they were actually better than we were. That's not saying much though TBH.

Houchy
18-09-2010, 04:09 PM
The ersehole's probably running about the dressing room right now naked with a towel in his hand to raise the moral laughing like an abscondee from one flew over the cukoos nest:agree:.

lyonhibs
18-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Yogi's goose is cooked IMO. He's been backed with a minimum of funds this transfer window - all this "aye he'll be coming in only on a year long deal so I can say to him - go on prove it" is soundbite claptrap, and we've just taken 2 points at home out of 6 against 2 teams that we should - if we have any aspirations to consolidate or improve on last season - be beating.

I think he'll get until the end of the season, out of some sort of misguided sense of loyalty to Yogi, or thinking that having to look for a new manager mid-season again is more unpalatable than having Yogi at the helm. There's no way the board can be watching this and think that Yogi is the man to take us forward.

With the players at his disposal, there is NO WAY we should be dropping points at home to two bottom 6 teams that the Jambos have beaten easily away from home.

john18722
18-09-2010, 04:10 PM
The sad fact is that Hibs are not very good. Hamilton were simply a better team who were quicker and could pass the ball better. No imagination from Hibs, so one paced and manager doesn't know how to make a change to influence the run of play. Very worrying.

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 04:11 PM
POLL:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
18-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Given that I was one of the last to call for Mixu's resignation, I'd like to think I have a bit of patience and understanding for our managers.

I hate to say it, and I haven't done since he took the job but I'm afraid it's time for Yogi to go. Desperately want him to succeed but he's just not done it and whilst I don't expect anywhere near the finished article in the 14/15 months he's been here, I do expect an improvement since the days of Mixu.

With the squad we've got, what we've had in return is just not good enough and whilst Yogi deserves credit for assembling the majority of this squad, he then must also carry the can for the fact they are a disjointed, dishevelled 'unit' who cannot last 90 minutes. This is not a squad he's inherited and been forced to make do with what he's got, this is his squad.

SouthamptonHibs
18-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Not after today they're not - I saw the game, they were pretty well organised, and up for it, they were more creative, passed the ball better and worked for each other as a team - they were actually better than we were. That's not saying much though TBH.

thats worrying, that means we are the worst team in the league then. St midden beat us easily enough a couple of weeks ago, ad we've not managed to beat hamilton or ICT, that only leaves the Super J's and killie who i've not seen yet out of the bottom 6. We'll no more after Tuesday's cup game v Kille

1pt of the bottom of the league and we've not played Aberdeen, United, Hearts, killie or Celtic = very worrying times

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Hughes.. PLEASE put us all out of our misery and do the right thing..RESIGN
Two games playing lower table teams and twice throw away a lead, just not good enough.
Lets see the b lind followers of Hughes stick up for that one.

oh aye BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH

stubru59
18-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Season wise its early day's. But performance wise this has been going on a long time.

Not looking good.

kevo1875
18-09-2010, 04:20 PM
if you love this club as you say you do then walk away know, you are not the man for the job , its just to big a job for you...you are tactically left wanting time and again and as a hibs fan enough is enough. i dont expect us to win every week but i hope that our team will play with some spirit and fight....today was probably the worst game iv seen at easter road in a long time n believe there has been lots of dire games......yogi loved your diehard attitude as a player but please its time to go.....and to the board please stop goin for the ex player easy option and get an experienced man in charge of this great club and forget the pretty stadium n put it into whats really important , the team. I dont pay my cash to look at a stadium but whats playing on the park .......

PeeJay
18-09-2010, 04:26 PM
thats worrying, that means we are the worst team in the league then. St midden beat us easily enough a couple of weeks ago, ad we've not managed to beat hamilton or ICT, that only leaves the Super J's and killie who i've not seen yet out of the bottom 6. We'll no more after Tuesday's cup game v Kille

1pt of the bottom of the league and we've not played Aberdeen, United, Hearts, killie or Celtic = very worrying times

Well I don't know about that - I personally thought against Rangers, e.g. we were pretty excellent for the first hour until a lack of discipline in our team basically threw the game away (coupled with the usual defensive blunders that is), so this team can actually play some good football. Today however there was nothing there, from the word go almost - and simply getting the ball to Riordan is not a game plan. TBF Riordan was pretty good today, had a bit of bad luck with the crossbar and some finishing, but everyone else was AWOL. We lacked pace, width, ideas, an ability to make a simple pass - no-one ran off the ball either, no team spirit, no committment, no pride, no fight - I don't get it.

Galbraith had a good run out today, but did little to impress, De Graff looks tired and lacklustre, the whole back four was poorly organised - I mean, it was only Hamilton Academicals (no disrespect, but we should be putting that type of team away quietly and efficiently) :grr:

How will Hughes explain this I wonder?

SneakersO'Toole
18-09-2010, 04:27 PM
P 21
W 4
D 5
L 12

As it says on the tin.

Not won at home in 9 competitive games.

Worst home record in the clubs 135 year history.

Confidence in the team shot to pieces.

Defense that has more holes than a teabag.

Football that is more predictable and boring than 'cash in the attic'.

Please Hughes, if you are such a big Hibs man do the right thing and resign tonight as unfortunately the board won't sack you.

There is absolutely no evidence you will turn this horrendous run of form around.

If you want what is best for this club you will leave and give someone else the chance. The vision you have for the club is un-obtainable under your tenor.

Quite simply, you don't have what it takes.

SouthamptonHibs
18-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Well I don't know about that - I personally thought against Rangers, e.g. we were pretty excellent for the first hour until a lack of discipline in our team basically threw the game away (coupled with the usual defensive blunders that is), so this team can actually play some good football. Today however there was nothing there, from the word go almost - and simply getting the ball to Riordan is not a game plan. TBF Riordan was pretty good today, had a bit of bad luck with the crossbar and some finishing, but everyone else was AWOL. We lacked pace, width, ideas, an ability to make a simple pass - no-one ran off the ball either, no team spirit, no committment, no pride, no fight - I don't get it.

Galbraith had a good run out today, but did little to impress, De Graff looks tired and lacklustre, the whole back four was poorly organised - I mean, it was only Hamilton Academicals (no disrespect, but we should be putting that type of team away quietly and efficiently) :grr:

Hughes will put his head in the sand brush over it as he always does! Just hearing that his post match interview had a dig at the Hibs fans not sure what was said!

this season we will suffer at home as the park is wider than last season, we have no natural width in our team, our teams pretty much one paced apart from Garbraith. A big pitch would of suited us in the 90's when we had Micheal O'neil, mickey weir and mcallister belting down the wings or in recent times with sproule with our two attacking wing backs murphy and whittaker. Sadly we don't have these type of players at this moment in time

Nameless
18-09-2010, 04:35 PM
We have picked up where we left off last season. Our home form has been unacceptable since christmas, and that is despite Hughes having all summer to figure out what is wrong. We do not have a manager who can inspire, and it is clear that he does not know how to make a tactical substitution. Hughes is not a bad person, and he clearly cares very much for the club. I just think the weight of managing the club you support has proven to be too much for him. His ideas on how football should be played are commendable, but then I can talk all day long about systems, tactics, the Dutch, Barca etc... The fact is, I would be equally terrible as Hibs gaffer because I don't have it in me, and neither does he. If Hughes stays, we will get relagated.

Nameless
18-09-2010, 04:43 PM
This has to be the very last time we go for a "young" manager. We got VERY lucky with Mowbray, and even then he had some shocking results. Collins brought us the League Cup, but we were very poor under him also, and the less said about Mixu and Yogi the better. We need a manager who has never played for this club, who has managed elsewhere, and who has more than a few years experience. If we could afford him, John Toshack would get my vote.

DC_Hibs
18-09-2010, 04:51 PM
if you love this club as you say you do then walk away know, you are not the man for the job , its just to big a job for you...you are tactically left wanting time and again and as a hibs fan enough is enough. i dont expect us to win every week but i hope that our team will play with some spirit and fight....today was probably the worst game iv seen at easter road in a long time n believe there has been lots of dire games......yogi loved your diehard attitude as a player but please its time to go.....and to the board please stop goin for the ex player easy option and get an experienced man in charge of this great club and forget the pretty stadium n put it into whats really important , the team. I dont pay my cash to look at a stadium but whats playing on the park .......

Yip, please do so Yogi.

I understand you will be waving goodbye to thousands of pounds and no C*** (monaco rich excepted) in their right mind walks away from a managers job......... but we have asked nicely.

Meanwhile in the real world:
Rodders - sit the big daftie down and make him an offer then make sure the next appointment is a good one otherwise you will be heading for gentlemans agreement no. 3 in a row.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Houchy :faf: :thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
18-09-2010, 05:15 PM

It's the fans' fault, apparently, for expecting too much............................. :rolleyes:

ekhibee
18-09-2010, 05:25 PM
We have picked up where we left off last season. Our home form has been unacceptable since christmas, and that is despite Hughes having all summer to figure out what is wrong. We do not have a manager who can inspire, and it is clear that he does not know how to make a tactical substitution. Hughes is not a bad person, and he clearly cares very much for the club. I just think the weight of managing the club you support has proven to be too much for him. His ideas on how football should be played are commendable, but then I can talk all day long about systems, tactics, the Dutch, Barca etc... The fact is, I would be equally terrible as Hibs gaffer because I don't have it in me, and neither does he. If Hughes stays, we will get relagated.
:top marksMy thoughts exactly.

Www1875hfc
18-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Good post.:agree:

sahib
18-09-2010, 05:54 PM
P 21
W 4
D 5
L 12

As it says on the tin.

Please Hughes, if you are such a big Hibs man do the right thing and resign tonight as unfortunately the board won't sack you.

There is absolutely no evidence you will turn this horrendous run of form around.

If you want what is best for this club you will leave and give someone else the chance. The vision you have for the club is un-obtainable under your tenor.

You are bang out of order chummy. I enjoy cash in the attic

TheEastTerrace
18-09-2010, 05:59 PM
P 21
W 4
D 5
L 12

As it says on the tin.

I wouldn't even credit the guy with having a vision to be honest, unless it's 'aye I like how they Dutch fellies play eh, pure toatal fitbaw likesay'. GTF Hughes. :grr:

archiebald
18-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Why did it take so long to take Nish off

hibee bouncer
18-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Taking us the same way he took Falkirk, downwards. Decent players in the team, simply not being utilised correctly. Got to go Yogi!

joe breezy
18-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Yogi is a total welt. He was on Alba at half time saying Hibs punched above their weight last season, with that expectations were raised and raised expectations are dangerous!? Any good manager would say they understand the expectations and that's why they like being at such a club, not him, prick, must go!

GreenPJ
18-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Why did it take so long to take Nish off

Yogi does not think Trackys is fit and I would agree so who else was there other than a bench full of defenders.

I was not one for wanting Yogi sacked but I saw nothing in that today that suggests any improvement and only rapid decline.

If it was a team of youngsters who had come away with that result with poor play but with passion being exhibited that would have been palatable. With a team of experienced pro's that is completely unacceptable and he has to go and allow someone to come in and who can motivate them and teach them tactics that they will understand and will be effective.

We need an old head who ideally is not part of Scottish football and get more youngsters back in the team to give us some passion and pace.

eastmainsmsh
18-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Yogi is a hibee at heart passionate as the rest of us no one will be hurting more than the bigman :agree:

However the results and performances have not been good enough

collins,mixu,yogi who would/could be pursuaded :confused:

what happens next if we sack yogi or he resigns

would the next gaffer fare any better :bitchy:

we need stabillity and the sooner the better :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
18-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Yogi is a hibee at heart passionate as the rest of us no one will be hurting more than the bigman :agree:

However the results and performances have not been good enough

collins,mixu,yogi who would/could be pursuaded :confused:

what happens next if we sack yogi or he resigns

would the next gaffer fare any better :bitchy:

we need stabillity and the sooner the better :wink:

Garbage, he aint hurting as much as the fans who are paying to watch the team, and then being subjected to his totally inane ramblings after..........

Stuarty27
18-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Garbage, he aint hurting as much as the fans who are paying to watch the team, and then being subjected to his totally inane ramblings after..........

What is the actual point in this thread?

It is pathetic.

The manager will not walk away from the club.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2010, 07:18 PM
FAO Joe Breezy - the Alba interview was embarrassing mate :agree:

Westie1875
18-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Yogi is a total welt. He was on Alba at half time saying Hibs punched above their weight last season, with that expectations were raised and raised expectations are dangerous!? Any good manager would say they understand the expectations and that's why they like being at such a club, not him, prick, must go!

Seriously? If he doesn't think we should be challenging for top 4 with our resources, fanbase and squad (we do have good players) then he is so out of touch with the fans and club it is unreal. Expecting a good performance and wins at home against ICT & Hamilton is hardly raised expectations. :bye:

heretoday
18-09-2010, 07:27 PM
We shall not be moved.

SurferRosa
18-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I was one who fully backed the appointment of Hughes and really wanted us to succeed with him as manager, but it`s now time to wake up. The man has no tactical brain,teams know how to beat us, he seems to think you can put players anywhere on the field and it`ll work, and his substutions are just bizarre. Sorry Yogi but it`s time to take the long road and walk it!!!:furious:

essexhibee
18-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Yogi is gone. Lost it.

Finished.

down the slope
18-09-2010, 07:31 PM
He thinks he is still at Falkirk obviously, the man is a balloon.