PDA

View Full Version : Cash Gates / Stand info for today

down-the-slope
18-09-2010, 11:07 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100917/hibernian-v-hamilton-academical_2262950_2157212

Much better info from the club on how and where cash turnstyles are available...no excuse get yourself along and cheer (I know its oldfashioned :wink:) the team to victory

PeeJay
18-09-2010, 12:44 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100917/hibernian-v-hamilton-academical_2262950_2157212

Much better info from the club on how and where cash turnstyles are available...no excuse get yourself along and cheer (I know its oldfashioned :wink:) the team to victory

Never really realised how expensive it is to get into a match in Easter Road nowadays - 22 pounds! There's a huge fan outcry (boycott) over here in Dortmund (Dortmund fans) for tomorrow's game against Schalke in Gelsenkirchen, because Schalke has bumped the usual ticket price (standing) up from 12 pounds to 18 pounds because its a premium rate game! 22 pounds for Easter Road - it's not that far short of twice the rate to get into a German Bundelsiga game, can that be right?
Dortmund regularly get crowds of 70,000 for their home games and they've been pretty poor recently - the reckoning however is simple: the cheaper the ticket, the more fans turn up in the stadium, the better all round.
Hibs would do well to follow a similar policy and get those stands full.

The_Todd
18-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Never really realised how expensive it is to get into a match in Easter Road nowadays - 22 pounds! There's a huge fan outcry (boycott) over here in Dortmund (Dortmund fans) for tomorrow's game against Schalke in Gelsenkirchen, because Schalke has bumped the usual ticket price (standing) up from 12 pounds to 18 pounds because its a premium rate game! 22 pounds for Easter Road - it's not that far short of twice the rate to get into a German Bundelsiga game, can that be right?
Dortmund regularly get crowds of 70,000 for their home games and they've been pretty poor recently - the reckoning however is simple: the cheaper the ticket, the more fans turn up in the stadium, the better all round.
Hibs would do well to follow a similar policy and get those stands full.

While I agree fully SPL football is overpriced, especially category B games I'm sure German teams can afford this as they'd almost certainly get much much more TV money.

bobbyhibs1983
18-09-2010, 01:43 PM
While I agree fully SPL football is overpriced, especially category B games I'm sure German teams can afford this as they'd almost certainly get much much more TV money.

I agree to a degree bout tv money playing a part but what alot of people i feel fail to understand, mainly in the epl and germany and other countries is that there wage costs are well above hibs

For example the the o.p's team Dortmund im sure there players are on 10k easy,

hibs players im sure get half that at most.
whilst t.v money ibs teams there wage costs are huge.

So what im trying to say is they get huge tv money but pay huge wages

magnificent_seven
18-09-2010, 01:46 PM
£22 to see Hibs vs Hamilton is a joke. We will be lucky if we get 10,000 today.

The Scotsman pointed out that we have spent £176 waiting for a win at Easter Road.

8 games @ £22 without a win is horrendous.

cockneymike
18-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Going back to the OP - well done the Hibs website team for a clear indication of where to go and how much it all costs. Also a well done to Hibs TV for their explanation of everything that they're offering too - and when we can expect it. Long may the better communication continue.
:thumbsup:

Crab apple
18-09-2010, 07:09 PM

Agree this is much better. I wish I'd seen your post earlier. I'm annoyed because I went to the ticket office today with the kids and asked for specifc seats in the FF Upper and was told by the Aussie girl to go the turnstile. No mention of the offer. I could have saved myself £24. http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon8.png