PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown to Serie A?

3pm
17-09-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't like Scott Brown, I admit it.

'Just speculation' says Lennon about the possibilty of Brown going to Juventus or European Champions Inter!

However, here is Lennon's pre match interview qoutes (who are they playing?) of which are on Skytext.

'I think he is a very good player,' said Lennon. 'It is just speculation at the minute but it wouldn't surprise me.'

'I think he could play there, yes. Alot of people don't, but I do. He's been very consistent and I wouldn't be in this position now if ot wasn't for the likes of Scott Brown.'

***** off Neil, you pished too? :agree:

oldbutdim
17-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Broonaldo peaked at Hibs, of that there is no doubt.
If he can further his career away from Darkheid then the further the better.
I neither 'like' nor 'dislike' him as a person - on the few occasions I've met him I was glad that he didn't require mouth-to-mouth or help with going to the toilet.
As a player he is on the way down - a move away from Cellic may be the best for himandtims.

He was great at Hibs. Now he just grates.

MrSmith
18-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Broonaldo peaked at Hibs, of that there is no doubt.
If he can further his career away from Darkheid then the further the better.
I neither 'like' nor 'dislike' him as a person - on the few occasions I've met him I was glad that he didn't require mouth-to-mouth or help with going to the toilet.
As a player he is on the way down - a move away from Cellic may be the best for himandtims.

He was great at Hibs. Now he just grates.

After being away for three years from Hibs... Who is Scott Brown?? He really, really blew it for himself going to Celtic!

Beefster
18-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Brown's being linked with Inter, Juve and Man Utd for a fee in excess of £10m. Definitely peaked at Hibs and on the slippery slope to oblivion now. Who's going to watch him playing in Serie A, the EPL or latter stages of the Champions League?

Incidentally, I don't like Brown either. He got away with murder in the last six months at Hibs while Katie was demonised.

cad
18-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Brown's being linked with Inter, Juve and Man Utd for a fee in excess of £10m. Definitely peaked at Hibs and on the slippery slope to oblivion now. Who's going to watch him playing in Serie A, the EPL or latter stages of the Champions League?

Incidentally, I don't like Brown either. He got away with murder in the last six months at Hibs while Katie was demonised.

Watching him play for Celtic and his performances in European games Im baffled why anyone would pay that amount of cash for him ,his International starts have not exactly been memorable ,and I totally agree with the bit in bold

greenlex
18-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Away with murder? As I remember it after an initial period of being a tit he screwed te nut. Helped Hibs win games and got his move and coined us over £4million. Doesn't have a bad word to say about hibs. What's so bad about that?

TornadoHibby
18-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Away with murder? As I remember it after an initial period of being a tit he screwed the nut. Helped Hibs win games and got his move and coined us over £4million. Doesn't have a bad word to say about hibs. What's so bad about that?

Wot he said! :agree:

IIRC his last game for us was at ER against Celtc and he didn't hold back fighting for us that day! :wink:

bigstu
18-09-2010, 08:26 AM
to be a 'real man' & a 'true hibby' you don't have to hate every single ex hibs player & give them abuse! he's not a very good player now but he was for hibs & we made a lot of money from him. things haven't worked out for him at celtic so a move away would likely be for the best. hopefully we'll see him back at ER one day!

erin go bragh
18-09-2010, 08:41 AM

browns performances were pure class for us [even so more his last 6 months]
katie never tried a leg after he made it clear he wanted to go.
agree that he peaked with us and is not the same player with smeltic or scotland .
brown always gave us 100% [he even rammed it up his future employers with a goal on his last game for us] total class for us . so to say he got away with murder with us beggers belief:grr:

down-the-slope
18-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Wot he said! :agree:

IIRC his last game for us was at ER against Celtc and he didn't hold back fighting for us that day! :wink:

And scored....getting applauded from all stands...now that was surreal

sahib
18-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Mean spirited, as a great many posts about former players are.

3pm
18-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Mean spirited? Very good.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Whereas Katie went to Hunbrox and played much the same role, I think that when Brown went to Celtic they tried to make him into a different player and it is no real surprise to me that he has not kicked on. If you look at the way he played in the 0-3 game when IS got his hat-trick, he was all over the pitch, with plenty of direct running, but he has not, or has not been allowed to do that for the Hoops. Given the fact that RFC wanted him too, I think that there was a bit of vanity involved for Celtic, wanting to get one up on their rivals for the SPL's hottest talent, but we benefited from that big style. Fond memories aside, as soon as any player takes the harp off for the last time and leaves ER, I am no really sure that I care to much about them TBH.

Beefster
18-09-2010, 11:04 AM
browns performances were pure class for us [even so more his last 6 months]
katie never tried a leg after he made it clear he wanted to go.
agree that he peaked with us and is not the same player with smeltic or scotland .
brown always gave us 100% [he even rammed it up his future employers with a goal on his last game for us] total class for us . so to say he got away with murder with us beggers belief:grr:

I was being sarcastic about him having peaked at Hibs. He's won trophies and played in the Champions League at Celtic and if he moves to one of the top clubs in Europe, it's ludicrous to say that he peaked at Hibs.

Brown caused as many problems at Hibs as Katie did (e.g. Brown was the one who handed in a transfer request straight after a game - Katie didn't). The difference was that Katie and Collins didn't get on. Brown only screwed the nut after being promised his move in the summer. If that promise hadn't been given, Brown/McKay would have continued to agitate and cause problems.

Whittaker is the only player, who moved to the OF, I can think of recently who didn't cause problems when he was here and didn't say anything remotely derogatory after he went West. There may be more though.

sambajustice
18-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I remember reading once that Celtic and Rangers bought the wrong players from us. Celtic were needing someone who could sit in, break up attacks and make telling passes while Rangers were needing a box to box midfielder, someone with plenty of energy to get the team buzzing.

I reckon this is probably a fair analysis of it!