View Full Version : Sam Allardyce

Brando7
17-09-2010, 06:10 PM
See the 1st link then the 2nd :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9009565.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Allardyce

HibbyAndy
17-09-2010, 06:14 PM
He would be more suited at Hearts with his ANTI football tactics.

Watching his teams play football is sheer hellish.

Franck is God
17-09-2010, 06:46 PM

I disagree with this, Blackburn are actually quite a good side to watch. His teams play to the best of their ability and its certainly not hoofball either. Unfortunately most occasions they are on the TV it will be against a side that is better than them so they will play tactics that might get them a result as opposed to being cuffed.

He can definitely successfully manage a football team, taking Bolton to 5th place and into Europe and leading Blackburn to comfortable safety in the EPL is quite an achievement in itself. With the near unlimited budgets at a bigger club why is it silly to think he would be as relatively successful there?

deeks01
17-09-2010, 07:21 PM

the man is also a class A twat :agree:

Dr_Regal
17-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I disagree with this, Blackburn are actually quite a good side to watch. His teams play to the best of their ability and its certainly not hoofball either. Unfortunately most occasions they are on the TV it will be against a side that is better than them so they will play tactics that might get them a result as opposed to being cuffed.

He can definitely successfully manage a football team, taking Bolton to 5th place and into Europe and leading Blackburn to comfortable safety in the EPL is quite an achievement in itself. With the near unlimited budgets at a bigger club why is it silly to think he would be as relatively successful there?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blackburn's image is tarnished by Media boo boys and disgruntled managers who usually bad mouth their tactics after a game, or before in wenger's case. I know I'd be lamping the ball up to Samba at every opportunity too.

Took points of the big four last year mostly at the end of the season, and kicked chelsea out the diddy cup.

Already got a draw at city this year. James Milner transfer fee= Blackburn squad cost. I think Allardyce has done an excellent job, especially at blackburn, working with one of the smallest budgets in the league. Hopefully the blackburn takeover goes through and Big Sam can prove his big claims to everyone.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Managerial qualities or not, aside, the man is a total bellend! I cannae stand him!

lyonhibs
17-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Managerial qualities or not, aside, the man is a total bellend! I cannae stand him!

In a nutshell :agree: :agree:

Produces more hot air than the west of Edinburgh, and that's a feat in itself.

I'm sure Real Madrid/Inter Milan are liable to have a man that forged his career at Bolton in their sights......................................

:faf::bye:

Expecting Rain
17-09-2010, 08:35 PM

When they play Stoke they should just replace the ball with a rope and have tug o`war accross the halfway line, big savings on towels and potentially career threatning injuries.

lucky
17-09-2010, 09:02 PM
usual snobbery from Hibs fans about the style of football Blackburn play. Not one Hibs player would get close to their first 11. Big Sam gets them playing to their strengths, If only Yogi could do that with Hibs.

As for route 1 football we are all delighted we have signed a unheard of Lith target man.
The whole point of the game is to win something we seem to have forgotten

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2010, 09:50 PM
usual snobbery from Hibs fans about the style of football Blackburn play. Not one Hibs player would get close to their first 11. Big Sam gets them playing to their strengths, If only Yogi could do that with Hibs.

As for route 1 football we are all delighted we have signed a unheard of Lith target man.
The whole point of the game is to win something we seem to have forgotten

You make some good points.

TBF to the others though, if Allardyce was Hibs manager he'd have Riordan taking long throws just like he done with Jay-Jay Okocha. I really think that Jay-Jay had other things in the locker.

CB_NO3
18-09-2010, 01:13 AM
To be fair, I reckon I could win the Champions League with Barca. When you have guys like Villa, Xavi, Messi and Iniestsa in your team their aint much coaching needing done.