PDA

View Full Version : Lay off the fans

bighairyfaeleith
17-09-2010, 06:43 AM
How can we seriously expect the fans performance to increase with the number of threads on here slating them all the time?

How can that be good for the fans? Surely slating them all and calling them all sorts of bad names isn't going to help encourage them to be better people?

As a wise man once said

"The scornful nostril and the high head gather not the odors that lie on the track of truth."

Give it some thought.

ano hibby
17-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Its just frustrating mate, you know theres so much more in the tank and when they dont perfrom at their best you just feel moved to criticise. We all remember the days and nights when they make a big difference and would all love to rekindle that type of form. I just think their confidence is low at the moment and with a wee bit luck hey'll turn the corner.
'Mon the fans

:greengrin:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
17-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Its just frustrating mate, you know theres so much more in the tank and when they dont perfrom at their best you just feel moved to criticise. We all remember the days and nights when they make a big difference and would all love to rekindle that type of form. I just think their confidence is low at the moment and with a wee bit luck hey'll turn the corner.
'Mon the fans

:greengrin:greengrin

TBF I think the fans have been giving it a right good go recently but nothing has been coming off for them, but you know thats football:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2010, 07:11 AM
H
How can we seriously expect the fans performance to increase with the number of threads on here slating them all the time?

How can that be good for the fans? Surely slating them all and calling them all sorts of bad names isn't going to help encourage them to be better people?

As a wise man once said

"The scornful nostril and the high head gather not the odors that lie on the track of truth."
I like the extreme sense of irony in this post (clap smiley) ;)
Give it some thought.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2010, 07:12 AM
I like the extreme sense of irony in the op ;) intended or otherwise

bawheid
17-09-2010, 07:16 AM
I pay my £10 and have every right to say what I want about the fans. They're a disgrace, pish, not Hibs class, etc, etc

PC Stamp
17-09-2010, 07:22 AM
To be fair, they do a lot of unseen work. Their unheard singing is of vital importance. :agree:

matty_f
17-09-2010, 07:34 AM
To be fair, they do a lot of unseen work. Their unheard singing is of vital importance. :agree:

:tee hee:

f***inmg BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The_Todd
17-09-2010, 08:32 AM
My confidence has been shattered. I went to the servery in the new East, I was 1 on 1 with the catering assistant got confused and ordered a DIET Coke by mistake.

I got boo'd all the way out of the queue.

snooky
17-09-2010, 08:37 AM
What irks me is the players that leave before the final whistle.
I blame the manager and the ref.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I honestly can see light at the end of the tunnel. In the pubs before the game, in the queues in the club shop, even at half time during the ten seccond count down. I can feel the spirit and the enthusiasm. That is the quality of fan that I am looking to bring to this club. It's just that 90 minutes on Saturday that is lacking just now. We need to all join in the singing a bit quicker, concentrate on the words and give it your best. It's all right starting Glory Glory with everyone involved, but I can see us lowering our heads during verse two and by verse three too many fans are hding. We need to be consistent, and we will be ok.

Speedway
17-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm honest enough to say that the fans have been poor recently. There are gaps that shouldn't be appearing and last week in the first half, they just never showed up.

It's coming though, I think we can all see that we're getting there. It won't happen overnight. We've got a young fanbase who lack maturity and they take time to gel.

I think they'd benefit from one or two older heads around them to help them pick out the right scapegoat at the right time.

I'll say this though, at least the fan's website is Hibs Class.

Lucius Apuleius
17-09-2010, 08:53 AM
How can you possibly blame the fans? God picks the fans. Totally his fault. Hang him.

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I couldn't care less what some of these supporters off field lives are about. They can be wife beaters, paedophiles and satanists for all I care, as long as they give 110% for my club when they come through them stadium gates.

Twa Cairpets
17-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Theres never any movement until the last half hour, and then the fans fail to exploit the widen open spaces that appear.

Speedway
17-09-2010, 09:13 AM
We'll support you til you lose a goal:singing:
We'll support you til you misplace a pass:singing:

Ha-ibernian:singing:

'We'll support you evermore, or until the opposition score'

basehibby
17-09-2010, 09:24 AM
But what the hell are we supposed to do to express displeasure at the lack of fan performance??? The other week I was sat next to a guy - cannae mind his name but he was pished - and every time he got up to sing a song he was 6 decibels QUIETER than when he was sat doon rustling his sweetie wrappers! I shouted at him that he was sheight and a disgrace to the jersey at which point he completely DISAPPEARED - not f***in Hibs class I'm tellin yeez :grr::grr::grr:

DCI Gene Hunt
17-09-2010, 09:25 AM
There's been a lot of bickering here recently. "Yogi Must Go", "Colin Nish Is Pish", "Stop Booing The Team" etc. Can't be bothered with it. Bottom line is we should all get behind the team no matter what, what good does booing do?

Mon The Hibees :coolhib:

Gene

MB62
17-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Sometimes the management don't see everything that is going on in the stands but the board know what we are trying to achieve.

Twa Cairpets
17-09-2010, 09:31 AM
We've played in south Morocco
And we've played across the USA
But I have paid my twenty quid
And by christ ill have my say.

Whenever I am singing
(Which is very rare these days)
I only pause to the boo the team
Cos they're a bunch of ******* gays

flash
17-09-2010, 09:40 AM
everyone knows you win nothing with kids so why the hell do we keep letting them in for nowt?

the wee buggers need to seriously up their game.

basehibby
17-09-2010, 09:49 AM
There's been a lot of bickering here recently. "Yogi Must Go", "Colin Nish Is Pish", "Stop Booing The Team" etc. Can't be bothered with it. Bottom line is we should all get behind the team no matter what, what good does booing do?

Mon The Hibees :coolhib:

Gene

Nice to see that the perceptive abilities of our constabulary are as sharp as ever :greengrin

snooky
17-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Willie McKay told me he could find me a bigger club to support.
He's got me thinking. :hmmm:

DCI Gene Hunt
17-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Nice to see that the perceptive abilities of our constabulary are as sharp as ever :greengrin

As always. You wouldn't expect any less from the Gene Genie :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Apart from the odd time, the support have been shocking since the middle of February. I think its time for them to go.

bighairyfaeleith
17-09-2010, 10:38 AM

you need to be careful, in a bigger support you might spend all your time at the pie stand and never actually get into your seat. Seen it happen to so many hopeful fans in the past that have made the journey west!

Woody1985
17-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Heading for the vault!

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2010, 10:53 AM
So we've been outsung? It was by the likes of Hearts Celtic and Rangers, so what's the big deal radge?

JimBHibees
17-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Apart from the odd time, the support have been shocking since the middle of February. I think its time for them to go.

Are you sure it wasnt since Christmas. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Are you sure it wasnt since Christmas. :greengrin

No I'm certain it was February. :wink:

CmoantheHibs
17-09-2010, 11:20 AM
To be honest I think we need a few new faces to brighten up the place.It will give the rest of the boys a lift and the competition will make them up their game.

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2010, 11:26 AM
The fans booing us at hame neednae necessarily be a bad thing Chick, it is the soart eh hing thit'll strengthen oor resolve in the comin months.

MCameron
17-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Manager John Hughes said on securing 2 new fans - Albert Streeter (57) and Edina Terrasso (61) - "I know these fans very well and they're everything you want at your football club.

They are experienced, but I also think they've still got their best years ahead of them, and will give us more options on the singing front.

Just like the other fans we have at the club they also love getting behind the players except when we aren't winning."

Albion Hibs
17-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Why is it the fans deserved to be laid off, but the players dont - farce. Last week was embarrassing when De Graff came off. Booing a player that has been at the club for a couple of months.

I wonder if it was the same fans that were cheering him on during our home European game.

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Whoosh!!!!:greengrin

mcaitchi
17-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Can we no sign some "out of contract" supporters ??? :wink:

Speedway
17-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Whoosh!!!!:greengrin

Or the ultimate ironic post.

In any event, the fans are resource thiefs. We pay thousands to steward and police them every other week and what do we get in return, crappy Pizza slice sales and a mouthful of abuse. Nae respect.

Most of them are unfit, which makes you wonder what EM is being used for. I personally believe that once the debt is paid off, there will be funds available to attract a higher quality of fan.

The ones we've got now, we've got because nobody else wanted them. Disgrace.

DOUGAN!!!!! :grr:

Twa Cairpets
17-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Why is it the fans deserved to be laid off, but the players dont - farce. Last week was embarrassing when De Graff came off. Booing a player that has been at the club for a couple of months.

I wonder if it was the same fans that were cheering him on during our home European game.

You see this is just the type of support we truly need. Blind to the bleeding obvious, offering opinion based on only the most cursory examination of the evidence presented.

Albion Hibs
17-09-2010, 12:26 PM
You see this is just the type of support we truly need. Blind to the bleeding obvious, offering opinion based on only the most cursory examination of the evidence presented.

I did not offer my opinion - I gave it.

Regardless of what you believe "cursory" evidence, I would state that is simply a fact, or shall we say an example, I could go on - would that make my initial example any less cursory?

Thank you for stating the obvious when I quote you "..just the type of support we truly need." I would agree that fan that does not Boo there team, but rather supports is the type of fan we need.

I am not interested in the other stories that are being told. Fact of the matter is, if you support a football team, you support them, regardless. I would have thought any Hibs fan had come to appreciate that.

Twa Cairpets
17-09-2010, 12:29 PM

Regardless of what you believe "cursory" evidence, I would state that is simply a fact, or shall we say an example, I could go on - would that make my initial example any less cursory?

Thank you for stating the obvious when I quote you "..just the type of support we truly need." I would agree that fan that does not Boo there team, but rather supports is the type of fan we need.

I am not interested in the other stories that are being told. Fact of the matter is, if you support a football team, you support them, regardless. I would have thought any Hibs fan had come to appreciate that.

:faf:
Have you read the full thread my friend? :greengrin

The_Todd
17-09-2010, 12:31 PM

http://www.zoneshot.com/server/dg/facepalm.jpg

Speedway
17-09-2010, 12:33 PM
We hardly ever attract fans who are tied to other clubs. It's always those coming in to have a look round the place on trial.

Take last week against ICT. Five minutes from kick off, Hugh J. Member emerges from the tunnel in the FF lower carrying two hot chocolates and a pie and takes them to his seat in row W. Basic stuff you would think

A ball whizzes past him, which he was out of position for, no attempt to attack the ball whatsoever. The ball hits the BTG window, rebounds and smacks him upside the back of the head causing him to lose control of the hot chocolates AND the pie :bitchy: whilst he falls forward and careers down the steps like Jim Dale in Carry On Doctor.

The rest of us nearby were left with covered with bits of pie and second degree burns , whilst Hugh is now out for 8 weeks with severely grazed t1ts.

Complete amateur. Is this the best quality we can attract to ER?

deeks01
17-09-2010, 12:41 PM
that big lanky character down the front of the ff needs kicked oot , cannae control his vocals , falls over every time theres a gust of wind , hes like bambi on skates!!! :grr:

Twa Cairpets
17-09-2010, 12:41 PM
We hardly ever attract fans who are tied to other clubs. It's always those coming in to have a look round the place on trial.

Take last week against ICT. Five minutes from kick off, Hugh J. Member emerges from the tunnel in the FF lower carrying two hot chocolates and a pie and takes them to his seat in row W. Basic stuff you would think

A ball whizzes past him, which he was out of position for, no attempt to attack the ball whatsoever. The ball hits the BTG window, rebounds and smacks him upside the back of the head causing him to lose control of the hot chocolates AND the pie :bitchy: whilst he falls forward and careers down the steps like Jim Dale in Carry On Doctor.

The rest of us nearby were left with covered with bits of pie and second degree burns , whilst Hugh is now out for 8 weeks with severely grazed t1ts.

Aye, we want supporters who will eat all the pies, not chuck them about their fellow so-called "fans"

Hibbyradge
17-09-2010, 12:44 PM
http://www.zoneshot.com/server/dg/facepalm.jpg

http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Hibbyradge
17-09-2010, 12:47 PM
The fans in the East don't look as tall as other fans.

Makes the ground look cheap.

Speedway
17-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Those Hibs fans keep spending money on Mortgages, Savings, Investments. Infrastructure, Infrastructure, Infrastructure.

When are they going to spend serious money on the team? :bitchy:

I'm no going back until all fans are banned from the Stadium.

ballengeich
17-09-2010, 01:23 PM
What about the young fans that we've sent out on loan to the likes of Alloa and Brechin? I've heard good reports about some of them and hope that the experience they're gaining away from ER could help them make a real difference to the quality of our support when they return.

BullbreedHFC
17-09-2010, 01:26 PM

nearly spat ma drink all over the screen :faf: ........................ :top marks

bighairyfaeleith
17-09-2010, 01:45 PM

for a few hours I thought this thread might have been a waste, I shouldn't have worried:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2010, 02:26 PM
for a few hours I thought this thread might have been a waste, I shouldn't have worried:greengrin

:tee hee:

Hibbyradge
17-09-2010, 02:35 PM

Forget the so-called glamour clubs.

Stay here and learn your trade.

You could become a legend at Easter Road.

You'll just get splinters if you go along the M8, if you're careless, I suppose.

alfie
17-09-2010, 03:30 PM

:top marks

Getting funny looks at work thanks to you. :greengrin Tears streaming down my face trying to keep quiet.

I suppose that's what I get for slacking off before the final whistle at 5pm on a Friday. Not Hibs class, I should be ashamed of myself for not giving 110% to the job.

Albion Hibs
17-09-2010, 04:31 PM
:faf:
Have you read the full thread my friend? :greengrin

No. Why?

snooky
17-09-2010, 05:43 PM
No. Why?

I think Two Carpets question was rhetorical.

mcaitchi
17-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Does Anyone know how many are roughly on the injury list ???

and what about the hardcore fans - the mental fans with big yellow jackets that run around the stadium encouraging everyone to stand and sing !! - how many of them are turning up tomorrow ???

RIP
17-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Hibs Fan?

Hibs Fannies mair like :bye:

Fantic
17-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Most of the fans in the West are undercover jambos. imo

Albion Hibs
17-09-2010, 09:58 PM

?

Riordans Boots
17-09-2010, 10:11 PM

Really :confused:

Explain your reason :yawn:

deeks01
17-09-2010, 10:14 PM

your a clown. imo... ;) :rolleyes: lol

Fantic
17-09-2010, 10:20 PM
it's getting late and this thread is taking a turn in the wrong direction.

To save people time reading through all of the posts.

Chillax - the tongue is firmly in the cheek.

So was mine but never mind

lEXO
17-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I,d like to see a lets not slate the team thread.To many Nish is pish,De graffe is *****,Rankins rank threads etc.Some of our fans are moaning faced gits, and lets get back to backing the TEAM.Boo at the end of the game if it is pish, but support them during ti ffs.
Remember getting relegated, the first division season? I do.The support we gave the team at that time was awesome, and this is a better team.Lets get back to supporting Hibs, cos lets face it is that not what it,s all about?

bighairyfaeleith
18-09-2010, 07:23 AM
I,d like to see a lets not slate the team thread.To many Nish is pish,De graffe is *****,Rankins rank threads etc.Some of our fans are moaning faced gits, and lets get back to backing the TEAM.Boo at the end of the game if it is pish, but support them during ti ffs.
Remember getting relegated, the first division season? I do.The support we gave the team at that time was awesome, and this is a better team.Lets get back to supporting Hibs, cos lets face it is that not what it,s all about?

Start one then?:confused:

deeks01
18-09-2010, 12:02 PM

personally I like to support the team for 90 mins regardless of their performance and then if i feel the need use this forum to criticize. I think nish IS pish but he will never get anything but encouragement from
me at the actual game. :agree:

some hibs fans bug the life out me at times :grr: (not directed at anyone btw before someone goes in a cream
puff about it)

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Maybe the players are expecting too much from the fans. We work hard all week, and it's a big ask to give it 100% for the team. They really need to ask themselves what their expectations of the supporters are.

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2010, 12:19 PM

I got it. :greengrin