PDA

View Full Version : Jumping up and down

RCNG
17-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Whos gonna start doing this now that Yogi wants us to do it??

This is with reference to the clip on the website.

Great idea but just how do we get it done?!

speedy_gonzales
17-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Just watched it, think he just wants to come out and ask the crowd to get behind the team for 90 minutes(I know, I know, crazy idea, away for a lie down!) but instead he wants us to come up with something a wee bit 'daft'.
Do you think he wants us to be like the Turkish fans with the constant crowd pogo-ing, or like the italians with the 'chant leaders', guys with the back to play and a megaphone glued to their lips!?!

OstKurve Hibs
17-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Just watched it, think he just wants to come out and ask the crowd to get behind the team for 90 minutes(I know, I know, crazy idea, away for a lie down!) but instead he wants us to come up with something a wee bit 'daft'.
Do you think he wants us to be like the Turkish fans with the constant crowd pogo-ing, or like the italians with the 'chant leaders', guys with the back to play and a megaphone glued to their lips!?!

Would be great to see this take off in scottish fitba, canny see it tho. The fans r jus much more passionate over there! They r in the stadiums hours before kick off creating an atmosphere where as we stay in the pub until 5 mins before kick off, then it's a mad rush to get there an everyone moans because they miss the first 5/10 mins. Not havin a go cos i am guilty of this maself but it's the way it is!

At The Edge
17-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Did the ICT fans not try this last week at ER, having a laugh, singing their songs, and standing up, only to then have the pleasure of a police cordon round them for the whole game?

I would love to be able to do this at ER now, but until the Stewards/Police back off a bit, then we'll all have to bounce around in our plastic seats.

Hainan Hibs
17-09-2010, 05:59 AM
The fans at ER are too busy rustling sweetie wrappers and fannying about with carton's of Ribena for this to work at ER.

(((Fergus)))
17-09-2010, 06:10 AM
There's an easy way to get people a) into the ground and b) singing, dancing and jumping up and down: start doing something interesting on the pitch.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2010, 06:20 AM
So on one hand were told "the bounce just got bigger" on the other we need to remain seated at all times apols if posted previous

Saorsa
17-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Whos gonna start doing this now that Yogi wants us to do it??

This is with reference to the clip on the website.

Great idea but just how do we get it done?!Maybe he should have a word first with those running the club who are intent on killing any atmosphere by forcing everybody tae sit in their seats.

down-the-slope
17-09-2010, 11:47 AM
So on one hand were told "the bounce just got bigger" on the other we need to remain seated at all times apols if posted previous

:faf: that Sir is indeed a point...OK who's emailing the club to ask how they square this :greengrin

Alex Trager
17-09-2010, 11:47 AM
The opposite corner from us at celtic park does this, its a small pocket of fans that just stand/jump and sing all the match

Alex Trager
17-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I've just watched it and picked up two very different things..

1)Work...Yogi said during the interview i cant get to my work early enough...just think about that imagine coaching or playing football for hibs was your job... anyway on subject now
2)Bouncing... i think i agree with yogi...we should take a different approach and not only talk about it, cos this seems to happen alot on here, but actually put it into practice....Whether it be adopting a balad and ACTUALLY singing it-the caley fans had one last week- or be it standing up turning our backs and bouncing-thoose who were in slovenia will know what i mean- When the maribor fans done it it was immense... or be it just constant singing for ninety minutes... i mean actually coming away and your voice only comes back the friday before the next game....
We should try adding some new songs to the sheet or the ones we tried last season-we all hate hearts ****, is a good one.

This is just my thoughts but its up to us all to involve it and do it at ER..

The Tubs
17-09-2010, 12:27 PM
:faf: that Sir is indeed a point...OK who's emailing the club to ask how they square this :greengrin

The beauty lies on the ambiguity. I agree wi Yogi 100%, I used to want to bring a megaphone with me and often think think with regret at this, as yet, incompleted action. You can get them at Maplins in Jamboland if anyone wants to pick up the baton - though it's probably better saved for a derby

The only problem was getting it into the East Stand. I planned to leave on it the toilet roof non-matchday then pick it up at the game.

wazoo1875
17-09-2010, 12:44 PM
:faf: " The fidget just got bigger "

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2010, 12:52 PM

Maybe he should have a word first with those running the club who are intent on killing any atmosphere by forcing everybody tae sit in their seats.

:agree: Seems to me they just say one thing but do the opposite. :bitchy:

Speedway
17-09-2010, 01:01 PM
We're fannying around with cartons of Ribena...*clap clap clapclapclap clapclapclapclap clapclap*

Sir David Gray
17-09-2010, 02:46 PM
It would be great to see the Hibs fans getting behind the team like they do on the Continent but, as far as I'm concerned at least, it will never take off because Scottish fans in general just aren't interested in that kind of thing. No matter how many initiatives are created by small groups, I just don't believe the majority have any intention of going in for all that kind of stuff at games.

It is true, though, that what Hughes seems to be calling for can never happen at Easter Road anyway, for the time being, because Hibs would never allow the fans to behave in such a way. There would be hundreds of people being ejected every single week.

Joe Baker II
17-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Maybe he should have a word first with those running the club who are intent on killing any atmosphere by forcing everybody tae sit in their seats.

Precisley, Hughes makes himslef look a bit of a twat if he calls for this yet is unwilling to critice his employers for doing their best to prevent it.

bighairyfaeleith
17-09-2010, 03:02 PM
jump up, jump up and get down:agree:

col02
17-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Precisley, Hughes makes himslef look a bit of a twat if he calls for this yet is unwilling to critice his employers for doing their best to prevent it.

All I see is him asking the fans to back the team a bit more so why call him a twat?

Alex Trager
17-09-2010, 03:12 PM
All I see is him asking the fans to back the team a bit more so why call him a twat?
Cos folk like to pin certain people to everything wrong...

speedy_gonzales
17-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Personally I think responsibility for the atmosphere lies with us, and nobody else.
I don't travel away too much, but when I do it's a great day. You have a mentality like you have when you go on holiday,
"**** it, I'm gonna have a drink before 10, I'm gonna let it all hang out on the beach, not caring who's there, then party until I'm dead then more of the same tomorrow please!"

Meanwhile, we come back home and walk into the drudgery that is our normal life. Same seems to apply to our home games, sit there, watch the game for 90 debating on how/why Hughes has got it wrong on every level and glower at someone if they dare to be positive?!?

Maybe we need to start treating every game as an away game, perhaps push the football back to a close second but make the day, enjoying the whole day to its fullest, the number 1 priority! Not trying to be naive here, but if we enjoy ourselves and each others company, regardless of result, the football will become a lot easier.

Sir David Gray
17-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Personally I think responsibility for the atmosphere lies with us, and nobody else.
I don't travel away too much, but when I do it's a great day. You have a mentality like you have when you go on holiday,
"**** it, I'm gonna have a drink before 10, I'm gonna let it all hang out on the beach, not caring who's there, then party until I'm dead then more of the same tomorrow please!"

Meanwhile, we come back home and walk into the drudgery that is our normal life. Same seems to apply to our home games, sit there, watch the game for 90 debating on how/why Hughes has got it wrong on every level and glower at someone if they dare to be positive?!?

Maybe we need to start treating every game as an away game, perhaps put the football back to a close second but make the day, enjoying the whole day to its fullest, the number 1 priority!

Either that or maybe we should all book in to a Travelodge in Aberdeen for a couple of days before a home match and then travel down to Edinburgh on the day of the game. That way, the travelling involved will make it seem like an away match and subsequently we will all sing, shout and support the team for 90 minutes and we will have a home record that will be the envy of the whole nation. :greengrin

speedy_gonzales
17-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Either that or maybe we should all book in to a Travelodge in Aberdeen for a couple of days before a home match and then travel down to Edinburgh on the day of the game. That way, the travelling involved will make it seem like an away match and subsequently we will all sing, shout and support the team for 90 minutes and we will have a home record that will be the envy of the whole nation. :greengrin
You might be on to something, maybe that's how it works with the support for the great unwashed. They don't REALLY come from Ireland, they just travel across there on a Thursday night and ferry back across on the Saturday to enjoy the craic:agree:

Seriously though, we don't need to adopt a seige mentality for ER, we just have to start attending with our party heads on rather than waiting for that one stray pass then turning to your neighbour "Told you that wiz gonna happen, seen it coming ages ago!"