PDA

View Full Version : 2nd and 3rd strip

stanton_4
16-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Have to say I'm not keen on that yellow strip. The lime one is absolutely gash in my opinion. Just wondered what others thought really. If it was down to me I'd have a white second strip every season. Just a negative of the first strip. As for a third strip... if we have to have one I'd go for something totally different. Maybe an Arsenal one... so essentially a red Hibs strip. Or maybe a PSV style one.

1two
16-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Have to say I'm not keen on that yellow strip. The lime one is absolutely gash in my opinion. Just wondered what others thought really. If it was down to me I'd have a white second strip every season. Just a negative of the first strip. As for a third strip... if we have to have one I'd go for something totally different. Maybe an Arsenal one... so essentially a red Hibs strip. Or maybe a PSV style one.

Red?

Eff off

stanton_4
16-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Red?

Eff off

That's a bit harsh!

Westie1875
16-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Bring back the purple :greengrin

Alex Trager
16-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Here Here.... everyone loved it and still do... they would make a barry job of it now aswell.... Get it sorted.............Rod

Jonnyboy
16-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Here Here.... everyone loved it and still do... they would make a barry job of it now aswell.... Get it sorted.............Rod

Ahem ........ not everyone :wink:

LaMotta
16-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Not keen on the Puma Kits at all. Was expecting better from them. A few years ago they were doing brilliant strips, but this seasons for all clubs are just a bit crap.

Not sure about red though:greengrin

DAVE1875
16-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I would love to have a black away kit again, the last one is my favourite away kit of all time

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/168/hibernian-away-maglia-di-calcio-2007-2008-s_5339_1.jpg

LaMotta
16-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I would love to have a black away kit again, the last one is my favourite away kit of all time

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/168/hibernian-away-maglia-di-calcio-2007-2008-s_5339_1.jpg

:agree:

Totally agree this was a class strip - although we didn't get many good results in it I think.

1two
16-09-2010, 10:33 PM
That's a bit harsh!

It was harsh but warranted IMO
:greengrin

Saorsa
16-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Here Here.... everyone loved it and still do... they would make a barry job of it now aswell.... Get it sorted.............RodDid they?

calamitus
16-09-2010, 11:03 PM

Yup - purple gets my vote - it's always been my favourite Hibs colour. Must admit though, I did feel a bit of a plum when I turned up to the Maribor game in my purple jumper. Didn't really think that one through.

Steve20
17-09-2010, 06:23 AM
The mint one is awful. I really like the yellow. However, I agree that we should go back to a purple away strip.

AndersonGGTTH
17-09-2010, 06:27 AM

Why red mate :(:bye:

stanton_4
17-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Why red mate :(:bye:

Was just trying to think outside the box and have always likes the Arsenal strip (not the *****ty maroon one). You could add wee splashes of green to it too with the badge etc. I was never a fan of the purple strips. The black was okay but I'm a bit of a traditionalist and feel that should be reserved for the officials. It's about time we took some attention away from them and a good way to do it would be to remove their colourful kits :greengrin

JDanielR1875
17-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Last seasons white away top was cracker. I must say im def buying the yellow one i think its really smart.

hibee bouncer
17-09-2010, 07:42 AM
What about an orange strip? Similar to Ivory Coasts?

stanton_4
17-09-2010, 07:45 AM
What about an orange strip? Similar to Ivory Coasts?

Ha Ha Ha Ha :greengrin

stanton_4
17-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Last seasons white away top was cracker. I must say im def buying the yellow one i think its really smart.

The white strips have always looked class :thumbsup:

MyJo
17-09-2010, 08:43 AM
It looks like the only solution is to have an away kit with green, white, purple, yellow, black and red stripes

We're guaranteed to win while wearing it as the opposition will all have a headache after 15 minutes

LancashireHibby
17-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Usually prefer the white ones, but that black one is absolutely awesome :agree:

Alex Trager
17-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Ahem ........ not everyone :wink:

Did they?
Minus two

heretoday
17-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Red?

Eff off

No need for that!

I've been banging on about a red strip for ages. Why not?

You could explain it by either A) Saying it represents the rich Labour heritage of Leith. B) Calling it a nod to Arsenal whose white sleeves were a copy of our strip originally - or so I'm told.

bawheid
17-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Calling it a nod to Arsenal whose white sleeves were a copy of our strip originally - or so I'm told.

Other way around I think...

Bristolhibby
17-09-2010, 02:15 PM
on the OP's point.

A change kit is supposed to be somthing completly different.

Dont see why we dont have a red, blue, or even a combination of stripes and hoops.

One of my favourites was the purple and green striped Calor gas one from the early 90's.

All we seem to do is cycle between White, Black, Yellow and Purple.

Lets think outside the box.

J

bawheid
17-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Dont see why we dont have a red, blue, or even a combination of stripes and hoops.

A red/blue combination of stripes and hoops?!

I think I'd rather leave the design to Puma! :greengrin

heretoday
17-09-2010, 02:18 PM

You're right. Oh god that's another weekend in the sauna with the hair shirt on.

Call oneself a Hibee historian......

Bristolhibby
17-09-2010, 02:28 PM
A red/blue combination of stripes and hoops?!

I think I'd rather leave the design to Puma! :greengrin

Mint it is then.

J

Diclonius
17-09-2010, 02:50 PM

Does anyone remember the dark green one from season 06/07? I'd have that one back, or any strip in that colour really. It was class. :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
17-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Does anyone remember the dark green one from season 06/07? I'd have that one back, or any strip in that colour really. It was class. :thumbsup:

Big fan of that one, but I'm not sure if it defeated the object of a change strip as the only time it's ever really required is against Celtic, which I suppose counts against having a white change strip.

stanton_4
17-09-2010, 05:43 PM
It looks like the only solution is to have an away kit with green, white, purple, yellow, black and red stripes

We're guaranteed to win while wearing it as the opposition will all have a headache after 15 minutes

stanton_4
17-09-2010, 05:44 PM
No need for that!

I've been banging on about a red strip for ages. Why not?

You could explain it by either A) Saying it represents the rich Labour heritage of Leith. B) Calling it a nod to Arsenal whose white sleeves were a copy of our strip originally - or so I'm told.

Well said that man :thumbsup:

DH1875
17-09-2010, 07:43 PM

I agree, bring back the purple http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi3CSTe_F8t5Sn_hER4sTnMklbAt_zn PqPXXNXC3Eq2hYt0AQ&t=1&usg=__xEths2BrhWfLOPMgSXZePXXfCEw= http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm9cgt2P-wwLh-xidXL2HX5ijYxPTjFsJlHVx_IbKh4ue8kY8&t=1&usg=__-qeU87WyV0DUOOuLtlxIo6a0jDo= although my fav was this one http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpKVX6lrsf3pe39227UD0K08cXFmi4u fW0wptKDtVoTL_GYlQ&t=1&usg=__eSdQWsCYcXxswSM-IiI76CVMc08=

The_Todd
17-09-2010, 07:47 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpKVX6lrsf3pe39227UD0K08cXFmi4u fW0wptKDtVoTL_GYlQ&t=1&usg=__eSdQWsCYcXxswSM-IiI76CVMc08=

Incredible as it seems I managed to lose my day-glo effort. I still miss it :boo hoo:

Saorsa
17-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Incredible as it seems I managed to lose my day-glo effort. I still miss it :boo hoo:I still have that and bad as it was :bitchy: it was still better than anything purple :bitchy:

down-the-slope
17-09-2010, 07:59 PM

We have a lime strip :confused:

stanton_4
17-09-2010, 09:35 PM
We have a lime strip :confused:

My apologies it is of course mint. So much better than lime... not.
FFS can I just have a decent effin strip please? Is that too much to ask?
Mint?... Mint I ask you?... That's almost as bad as maroon ffs.
Gawd gimme strength!
Time for me to get back in my box i think.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2010, 09:39 PM
My apologies it is of course mint. So much better than lime... not.
FFS can I just have a decent effin strip please? Is that too much to ask?
Mint?... Mint I ask you?... That's almost as bad as maroon ffs.
Gawd gimme strength!
Time for me to get back in my box i think.

Except of course that mint is a shade of green whilst maroon is a shade of keek :wink:

Someone (PC Stamp IIRC) came up with a cracking strip in a previous debate - had blue in it and I have to say it was the mutts nuts :agree:

stanton_4
17-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Except of course that mint is a shade of green whilst maroon is a shade of keek :wink:

Someone (PC Stamp IIRC) came up with a cracking strip in a previous debate - had blue in it and I have to say it was the mutts nuts :agree:

I'd be interested to see that strip.

Riordans Boots
17-09-2010, 09:46 PM

Love the mint strip :thumbsup:

How do you get Heinz Tomato Soup spilt doon the said top - OUT :bitchy:

Jonnyboy
17-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I'd be interested to see that strip.

I'll watch for PC Stamp coming online and I'll ask him if he can give us a link to it :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
17-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Love the mint strip :thumbsup:

How do you get Heinz Tomato Soup spilt doon the said top - OUT :bitchy:

Put the shirt in the microwave for three minutes then take it oot and sook really really hard :faf: