PDA

View Full Version : Yams Skacel has returned

MacBean
16-09-2010, 09:42 AM
I dont want to go on the website, as i dont want to poison my eyes, but apparently he has signed and on the official webby.
Wonder how long it'll take for Riordan's infamous tune to be sung on saturday

Barney McGrew
16-09-2010, 09:43 AM
I wonder if they've bothered to let Fat Jim know yet?

RickyS
16-09-2010, 09:46 AM
I dont want to go on the website, as i dont want to poison my eyes, but apparently he has signed and on the official webby.
Wonder how long it'll take for Riordan's infamous tune to be sung on saturday

aye he has, heres what it says on pinkbusshelter.com

The Czech Republic international midfielder arrives on a one-year deal, with an option to extend this for a further season, having left Greek club Larissa.

The 31 year-old scored Hearts goal in the 2006 Tennent's Scottish Cup Final against Gretna, a match that the Jambos won after a dramatic penalty shoot out.

It ended a season in which he scored 17 goals in total for the Tynecastle side playing predominately on the left side of midfield and exhibiting his powerful shooting ability.

That summer the former Marseille star moved to Southampton on to then Championship side Southampton.

Following a season long loan to Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin, Rudi then returned to his native Czech Republic where he joined Slavia Prague, where his career started.

After six months on home territory, Rudi joined previous side Larissa back in January, but has now jumped at the chance to return to Edinburgh where he was adored by supporters in his season at Tynecastle.

Jim Jefferies commented: "Rudi is a very experienced player and his arrival will mean more competition for places which is good.

"His match fitness will have to be assessed in the days and weeks ahead though as he has not played a lot of games in recent seasons so we will first get him ready and up to speed.

Duffys13
16-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Roumors from over the road are that Jeffries is not a happy bunny, as this was done over his head. Shock

Diclonius
16-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Good signing for them.

Never actually seen him play, is he a left winger?

Duffys13
16-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Good signing for them.

He can also play LB

wilkie_1
16-09-2010, 09:55 AM
hes played about total of 25 games in the last three season!! hes past it!! :bye:

Steve-O
16-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Ruuuuuuuuudi Skacel...was signed by fax machine, signed by fax machine, signed by fax machine...:bye:

Barney McGrew
16-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Roumors from over the road are that Jeffries is not a happy bunny, as this was done over his head. Shock

Aye, looks like it's a Vlad signing.

Still, I'm sure FJK will be his own man and only put him in the team if it's merited :fibber:

bawheid
16-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Good signing for them.

Never actually seen him play..

:confused:

Cabbage East
16-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Barely kicked a ball in the last 3 years :thumbsup:

matty_f
16-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Guy at work is well in at the Yams (NOT one of the folk who would usually be posting everything on messageboards - he's into his late 50's and has been involved with them for years) just shook his head when we were talking about this yesterday. Jefferies is not pleased about this at all but will take it for what it is so long as these signings (i.e. players he gets given, rather than identifies) don't become a regular thing.

poolman
16-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Good signing for them.

:faf:

Jim44
16-09-2010, 10:09 AM
On the playing side - irrelevant but significant as a morale booster for the club.

DC_Hibs
16-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Jefferies responded sceptically when asked if he was interested in signing Rudi Skacel, who revealed this week he has been in talks with Romanov and Hearts director Sergejus Fedotovas about a return to the club he left in 2006. While Skacel was a sensation in the early months of the 2005-06 season, Jefferies appears to believe he already has enough wide players.

"Nobody has told me he is coming here. What do you do with (Andrew] Driver, what do you do with (Arvydas] Novikovas, what do you do with (David] Templeton, who has been in good form this season? So I don't know."

Told being the operative word Jumbo. He gets Capaldi in on trial who is in papers today saying he has heard nowt.
Of course he hadn't as Jumbo was bent over the table again with Vlad giving his tickling stick more exercise whilst telling him the bold Rudi was on route and to forget about his own target.

The man has no shame............

Mikey
16-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Nice wee earner for Vlad this. The Registration Fees will be ringing up.

matty_f
16-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Jefferies responded sceptically when asked if he was interested in signing Rudi Skacel, who revealed this week he has been in talks with Romanov and Hearts director Sergejus Fedotovas about a return to the club he left in 2006. While Skacel was a sensation in the early months of the 2005-06 season, Jefferies appears to believe he already has enough wide players.

"Nobody has told me he is coming here. What do you do with (Andrew] Driver, what do you do with (Arvydas] Novikovas, what do you do with (David] Templeton, who has been in good form this season? So I don't know."

Told being the operative word Jumbo. He gets Capaldi in on trial who is in papers today saying he has heard nowt.
Of course he hadn't as Jumbo was bent over the table again with Vlad giving his tickling stick more exercise whilst telling him the bold Rudi was on route and to forget about his own target.

The man has no shame............

Brilliant that there's quotes in there - even the most blinkered of Yams will have to acknowledge that the Skacel deal has been done behind FJK's back, just like FJK's signing was done behind Plan F's.

Steve20
16-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Jefferies knew what he was getting himself into when he stole the managers job from Laszlo, so I assume it wont come as a major surprise to him.

Judas Iscariot
16-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Good signing for them.

Why do you think it's a good signing if you've never seen him play?

:doh:

jakedance
16-09-2010, 10:45 AM
17 goals from left midfield! Is that all? Pathetic.

Joking aside, I remember Skacel tearing Whittaker a new one so opefully he's past it.

Unfortunately this will probably result in the resurfacing of THAT song.

maturehibby
16-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Has been in so many countries lately does he qualify for" Refugee" status - as I am sure a song could be sung about that ?

Alex Trager
16-09-2010, 10:51 AM

Joking aside, I remember Skacel tearing Whittaker a new one so opefully he's past it.

Hopefully only done after derek riordan completes a series of goals from this weekend to the seventh of november, all of which up for nomination for goal of the season, and completes a hatrik of freekicks on that day after being fouled by scatchill...

It can then resurface all it wants

The_Todd
16-09-2010, 10:55 AM

I'm sure Vlad will make it very clear in his next fax what he needs to do with Driver and Templeton.

Alex Trager
16-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Never knew he was thirty one

hibbysam
16-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Hopefully only done after derek riordan completes a series of goals from this weekend to the seventh of november, all of which up for nomination for goal of the season, and completes a hatrik of freekicks on that day after being fouled by scatchill...

It can then resurface all it wants

naah 4 before the 7th and score his 100th goal that day :wink:

Boris
16-09-2010, 11:14 AM
His return is obviously going down well with the Yams. Assume thats them all waiting now on Princes Street for his parade................................:confused:

scott7_0(Prague)
16-09-2010, 11:16 AM
All i will say on the matter is - Cikán uprchlíky :agree:

Alex Trager
16-09-2010, 11:18 AM
naah 4 before the 7th and score his 100th goal that day :wink:
A sublime peice of singular skill leaving rudi skacill on his backside infront of the east terrace... and its derek riordannnnnn...... with a very similar goal to the one he left craig gordon wondering what the hells just happened... he runs toward the away support signalling the number 100-his hundreth goal in a hibernian shirt- and famously kisses the badge

nickwhibs
16-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Yeah hated that song. Embarrassing

Hibernia Na Eir
16-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Aye, looks like it's a Vlad signing.

Still, I'm sure FJK will be his own man and only put him in the team if it's merited :fibber:

funny how Romanov came out with this rant only last week....

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3127489/Vlad-betrayal-rant-at-Skacel.html

He must have given Vlad good head then :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
16-09-2010, 12:59 PM
His return is obviously going down well with the Yams. Assume thats them all waiting now on Princes Street for his parade................................:confused:

they've maybe signed the runt, but i'd imagine thats the end of Zaliukas (sic?) as his wage will be gone now.

Not that Big Fat Jim Knew has got anything to do with any of their singings.

Hibs90
16-09-2010, 01:03 PM
they've maybe signed the runt, but i'd imagine thats the end of Zaliukas (sic?) as his wage will be gone now.

Not that Big Fat Jim Knew has got anything to do with any of their singings.

Who really cares abotu Zaliukas? He was ***** anyway.

The_Todd
16-09-2010, 01:07 PM

Not a good song at all. Hopefully it stays where it belongs, in the past.

Phil D. Rolls
16-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Not a good song at all. Hopefully it stays where it belongs, in the past.

Not our proudest moment. :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
16-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Who really cares abotu Zaliukas? He was ***** anyway.

he is ***** but im just glad we wont set eyes on his ugly mug anymore:greengrin

Dr Jimmy
16-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries
Oh what can it mean
To a, fat Jambo *******
Who's not allowed to pick the team.

:yamlaugh:

Hibernia Na Eir
16-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries
Oh what can it mean
To a, fat Jambo *******
Who's not allowed to pick the team.

:yamlaugh:

its magic:-

JJ said, only last week, that he didnt see Rudi Scachill fitting into his team anyway (after VR had publicly distanced himself from bringing him back to Harts) he was quoted as saying he was never a left back. Oh dear Mr JJ, here comes Rudi to your team!

Your captain Zalukas is gone (after JJ said he wanted him to stay)

And that dafty Adrian summin, with the Polish name, was signed up after a poor season before (and another that JJ had bugger all to do with)

there's a theme here.... and JJ is only a face, not a manager:agree:

still, keep Believing you muppet Yams. :bye:

Hibs On Tour
16-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Personally thought it was funny as! :wink:

Chuckie
16-09-2010, 03:58 PM
I was on Skacels flight from Prague to Edinburgh this morning, and he said he has never met Fat Jim, Vlad signed him.... :rolleyes:

Removed
16-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I was on Skacels flight from Prague to Edinburgh this morning, and he said he has never met Fat Jim, Vlad signed him.... :rolleyes:

Did you get a "He's Deed" photie with him :greengrin

Chuckie
16-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Did you get a "He's Deed" photie with him :greengrin

Nope, but part of me wanted the plane to crash. :greengrin

blairwallace
16-09-2010, 04:25 PM
a fat southampton reject who sits at left bank draining more wage. Mr Romanov you have done it again :notworthy:

Removed
16-09-2010, 04:25 PM

That pic would defo got you legend status.

Judas Iscariot
16-09-2010, 06:00 PM

You really shouldve belted him in the puss like..

stantonhibby
16-09-2010, 06:41 PM
The interview with Jefferies is rather enlightening - he looks even more miserable than usual.

Q / is he your signing ?

A / pause.......I knew about it ( that'll be a no then)

Q / are you happy he's here

A / even bigger pause......well he's experienced and your always looking to add to your squad ( another no )

then gets arsey with Brian McLauchlan like Yogi last week :greengrin

Chuckie
16-09-2010, 07:02 PM
You really shouldve belted him in the puss like..

Oh I did want to.

Then I thought - why reduce the chances of me having sexual intercourse with his Mrs even further?

I'd be in aboot it like a dug eating beans... :agree:

TrinityHibs
16-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Can someone please explain to me why the Satchel song is so offensive. Football supporters have always used extreme insults to wind up the opposition. Ruby isnt a refugee, Jim Jeffries is not a Ba****d and Bobby Moore wasn't gay and to be fair most Hibbies I know are not gay. Deeks thrives on abuse thats why when he scores he loves it same with BJK at the last derby he was giving it us the big get it right up you after they scored

We have a separate thread about harassment of ICT fans yet they were giving it big style junkie singalong and we went at it with sheep love.

The Paul Hartley is gay song wound him up hugely but I dont think it is particularly acurate.

PC nonsense get right intae them

Jim44
16-09-2010, 07:06 PM
The interview with Jefferies is rather enlightening - he looks even more miserable than usual.

Q / is he your signing ?

A / even bigger pause......well he's experienced and your always looking to add to your squad ( another no )

I liked that bit. McLauchlan starts his question with "Last week you said......................." "No I didn't..............." says deadpan Jeffries. "Yes, you did, you said.............." replies McLauchlan "No I didn't, it was the week before that when I said.............." Not a happy chappie. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
16-09-2010, 07:08 PM

Q / is he your signing ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9006449.stm

BroxburnHibee
16-09-2010, 07:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9006449.stm

:hilarious

"Is he your signing?"............"I knew about him" :rotflmao:

Thats quality :top marks

Ozyhibby
16-09-2010, 07:25 PM
watching that interview it is fair to say that Jeffries is not a Happy Bunny at all. Good work Vlad.

mjhibby
16-09-2010, 07:54 PM
He looks like a man who realises what he has let himself in for.Most of those on sickbag still toe the party line but a sizeable amount realise that jeffries is not a happy bunny and there is a lot of friction there.Vlad as usual thinks hes been smart but im sure skacel will become just another footnote that the circus that is that team from the pbs.Laughable and embarrassing on all levels.

The_Todd
16-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Can someone please explain to me why the Satchel song is so offensive. Football supporters have always used extreme insults to wind up the opposition. Ruby isnt a refugee, Jim Jeffries is not a Ba****d and Bobby Moore wasn't gay and to be fair most Hibbies I know are not gay. Deeks thrives on abuse thats why when he scores he loves it same with BJK at the last derby he was giving it us the big get it right up you after they scored

We have a separate thread about harassment of ICT fans yet they were giving it big style junkie singalong and we went at it with sheep love.

The Paul Hartley is gay song wound him up hugely but I dont think it is particularly acurate.

It's ******* horrible. It's not even vaguely funny. It's the sort of song I'd expect the Huns to come up with.

Surely there's so much better banter out there? If this is the best banter we can come up with then we're scraping the barrel.

JDanielR1875
16-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Well i cant say the signing of Skacel has botherd me atall glad they have signed a past it player hope we can sign the "song" on sat now :greengrin

lyonhibs
16-09-2010, 08:02 PM
hahahahahahaha, that's priceless. You'd think Skacel had pumped his missus.

"errrrr, a couple of them can, errrrr, play on the right. I think Driver has played there a couple of times"

He couldn't having seemed less enthusiastic if he tried.

JDanielR1875
16-09-2010, 08:10 PM
hahahahahahaha, that's priceless. You'd think Skacel had pumped his missus.

"errrrr, a couple of them can, errrrr, play on the right. I think Driver has played there a couple of times"

He couldn't having seemed less enthusiastic if he tried.

:wink:

Hiber-nation
16-09-2010, 08:12 PM
It's ******* horrible. It's not even vaguely funny. It's the sort of song I'd expect the Huns to come up with.

Surely there's so much better banter out there? If this is the best banter we can come up with then we're scraping the barrel.

:agree:

Spot on. Whatever happened to good fitba banter.

SouthamptonHibs
16-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Hearts are doing there best to get the atmosphere at Easter Road jumping on match days...
By bringing fat Jim back as the manager and now that we tramp Skacel to tynie i'm sure that will get as few Hibees chanting a couple of well known songs.
Now all we need is a Mercer connection and we're right back in a time machine to the mid 2000's....at first you think this is bad!!! but wait for it!!! We might sing a few "choice tunes" but the football team was better.....
A Hibs team of brown, thomson, sproule, deek, o'Conner, murphy, whittaker,caldwell and fletcher...Hibs tough to beat at home, a proper gaffer in charge Mogga, higher attendaces at ER, fast flowing football with goals, the old east terracing, pre match singing in the easter road bars.....
the good old days....
hail hail

Petrie get it sorted!!! Hearts have started it, now go out and get all our good players back!!:thumbsup:

johnbc70
16-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Jefferies sold his soul/morals when he took the job and knew fine well what we was getting into. Its a win/win situation for him, a guy in his 60's picking up what I am sure is a very healthy wage which will give him a nice pension when he does finally retire. If Hearts do well he is a hero, if Hearts do bad then it's not his fault as he was forced to take player X, Y and Z. He will give interviews like he did today to show us he is not happy, but will stop short of actually saying what he really wants to as he know paymaster Vlad will stop his pension payments.

Alex Trager
16-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Hearts are doing there best to get the atmosphere at Easter Road jumping on match days...
By bringing fat Jim back as the manager and now that we tramp Skacel to tynie i'm sure that will get as few Hibees chanting a couple of well known songs.
Now all we need is a Mercer connection and we're right back in a time machine to the mid 2000's....at first you think this is bad!!! but wait for it!!! We might sing a few "choice tunes" but the football team was better.....
A Hibs team of brown, thomson, sproule, deek, o'Conner, murphy, whittaker,caldwell and fletcher...Hibs tough to beat at home, a proper gaffer in charge Mogga, higher attendaces at ER, fast flowing football with goals, the old east terracing, pre match singing in the easter road bars.....
the good old days....
hail hail

Petrie get it sorted!!! Hearts have started it, now go out and get all our good players back!!:thumbsup:
This and the bit in this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9006795.stm where yogi talks of these came right at the exact same time as i was reading your post:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
16-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Jefferies sold his soul/morals when he took the job and knew fine well what we was getting into. Its a win/win situation for him, a guy in his 60's picking up what I am sure is a very healthy wage which will give him a nice pension when he does finally retire. If Hearts do well he is a hero, if Hearts do bad then it's not his fault as he was forced to take player X, Y and Z. He will give interviews like he did today to show us he is not happy, but will stop short of actually saying what he really wants to as he know paymaster Vlad will stop his pension payments.

aye he is a good jambo, robs his own club while turning a blind eye.

Imagine an ex-hibby hero done that to us, for example lets say pat stanton or cropley etc took the job and done what he is doing, I'd be ****ing raging!!

But hearts are no like us, they dinnae love there club, they just got telt they should by there dads and have regretted it ever since, most of them are desperate for them to go bust so they can become hibbys and enjoy real football*

*yogi will either have conveyed his vision to the players or been sacked by the time this happens and we will be playing real football again!

JDanielR1875
16-09-2010, 09:54 PM
aye he is a good jambo, robs his own club while turning a blind eye.

Imagine an ex-hibby hero done that to us, for example lets say pat stanton or cropley etc took the job and done what he is doing, I'd be ****ing raging!!

But hearts are no like us, they dinnae love there club, they just got telt they should by there dads and have regretted it ever since, most of them are desperate for them to go bust so they can become hibbys and enjoy real football*

*yogi will either have conveyed his vision to the players or been sacked by the time this happens and we will be playing real football again!

Exactly well put..atleast Hibs have a future, Hearts are in a cracker of a mess i hope they sign some more players just to help them increase some more debt thus increasing the chances of HMFC going bust :greengrin

Sir David Gray
16-09-2010, 11:39 PM

I don't think it's offensive, I just think the song's stupid and that's why I won't be singing it, nothing at all to do with it supposedly being racist or anything like that because I don't believe that it is.

Barney McGrew
17-09-2010, 06:13 AM
In the first instance, Fat Jim Knew.

Now, Fat Jim Didnae Know.

Karma's a bitch, eh Jim? :hilarious

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Send the b*gger back
Send the b*gger back
Skacel plays left midfield
And Jeffries wanted a left back

Bristolhibby
17-09-2010, 12:03 PM

I like that song. I dont for one minute assume him to be an actuall refugee, but it fair gets up our Yam cousins bot-bots.

Sining it loud and proud on the 7th November.

J

Craig_in_Prague
17-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Personally don't like the song, simply because I live in CZ.

Also, the amount of people back home that I've heard call Czech Rep, Czechoslovakia and heard on Sky some people saying Chelsea had a potential tough trip over to Prague (when playing a slovakian team) etc.....Really pisses me off.

Andy74
17-09-2010, 12:30 PM

Horrible to who?

He's not a refugee and the only real problem is that it suggests being a refugee is in some way something that you wouldn't want to be.

I don't see for the life of me why refugees need any more protected from daft football songs than gay people, fat people, ugly people, illegitimate people and so on.

The song is directly comparable to a number o other songs we sing regulalry and find to be nothing more than a bit banter. Like the Harley is gay song, we don't give much thought to the gay people do we? In the Skacel song why do we think about the refugees??

The Tubs
17-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Horrible to who?

He's not a refugee and the only real problem is that it suggests being a refugee is in some way something that you wouldn't want to be.

I don't see for the life of me why refugees need any more protected from daft football songs than gay people, fat people, ugly people, illegitimate people and so on.

The song is directly comparable to a number o other songs we sing regulalry and find to be nothing more than a bit banter. Like the Harley is gay song, we don't give much thought to the gay people do we? In the Skacel song why do we think about the refugees??

It's far too Daily Mail for me.

The Tubs
17-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Horrible to who?

As for the Paul Hartley song, I actually started it but ******ing hate it. I only did to give us some comeback for that derby after the one at Hampden.

Alex Trager
17-09-2010, 12:43 PM
I've got to say i feel the mercer song will hurt more people than rudi's..... He probably cant understand english... Mercer's family hear us singing it loud and clear every derby yet noone batters an eyelid about this song... saying they find it something the huns would do or whatever....And yes i'm aware of what Mercer done to us and the fact that he is actually DEED

Peevemor
17-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I've got to say i feel the mercer song will hurt more people than rudi's..... He probably cant understand english... Mercer's family hear us singing it loud and clear every derby yet noone batters an eyelid about this song... saying they find it something the huns would do or whatever....And yes i'm aware of what Mercer done to us and the fact that he is actually DEED

I'm really sorry, but

Alex Trager
17-09-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm really sorry, but

:wink::greengrin

poolman
17-09-2010, 03:01 PM
This has to be a Hibbie on the wind up

From the EEN forum at the bottom of the Skacel article

Young Gay Jambo,

17/09/2010 11:53:07
This is a great piece of business that could see us split the OF this year and maybe even have us challenging for the title itself.

mixuok
17-09-2010, 03:04 PM
1st jeffries now this tosser, be happy all us hibies were getting all our old songs back:top marks:thumbsup:

HibbyRod
17-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Horrible to who?

Maybe it would be best to alter the words a little?

How about:

" :singing: Rudi Skacel isnae a Refugee, isnae a Refugee, isnae a Refugee! :singing: ".....etc., ad infinitum...!

Shirley the pinko's couldn't be offended by that? :dunno:

Hainan Hibs
17-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I can see why people hate it but when it winds the yams and Skacel up so much it's hard not to like it.

Imagine the effect a Mercer/Rudi song combo would have:greengrin:offski:

On the signing, if Skacel can recapture the form he had last time around at Hearts then he will be a very good signing for them. However, that was a good few year ago now, so we'll have to wait and see.