View Full Version : Lithuanian Valdas to start vs Hamilton?

16-09-2010, 08:46 AM
As it says, does anyone reckon Valdas will start on Sat? Is he match fit? Surely worth a throw over Nish.

16-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I would think that since Trakys has been with us for a few weeks now, and that Yogi has shown that his apparent 'favourites' are not beyond being dropped, that he will start on Saturday - especially given Hamilton's notoriously physical nature.

Nish could do with being removed from being the focus of the fan's ire for a bit - hopefully bring him on when defending a lead, maybe he could nick another. Would help his (surely) fragile confidence I would think.

ionahibby
16-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Are we not still trying to get international clearance for him might be too soon for sat?

16-09-2010, 08:57 AM
I would think that since Trakys has been with us for a few weeks now, and that Yogi has shown that his apparent 'favourites' are not beyond being dropped, that he will start on Saturday - especially given Hamilton's notoriously physical nature.

Nish could do with being removed from being the focus of the fan's ire for a bit - hopefully bring him on when defending a lead, maybe he could nick another. Would help his (surely) fragile confidence I would think.

Nish had a perfectly good game on Saturday.

However, the fans are looking for his mistakes so they can't vent their fury.

Every other player is allowed a poor touch, a mis-placed pass or two, particularly Deek, but as soon as Nish does anything remotely mediocre, folk are baying for his blood. When he does something well, silence.

I pointed out a few good things Colin did during a game to a Nish critic and asked why they didn't comment positively. The reply? "Just wait".

If that attitude was applied to any and every player, folk would be able to justify their negativity.

What good they think they are going, I don't know, but it would be interesting if they tried to encourage instead of critisise.

Anyway, by the posts on here, I think De Graaf will soon be taking the heat off oor Colin. :rolleyes:.

16-09-2010, 09:03 AM

Every other player is allowed a poor touch, a mis-placed pass or two, particularly Deek, but as soon as Nish does anything remotely mediocre, folk are baying for his blood. When he does something well, silence.

I pointed out a few good things Nishy did during a game and asked why they bdidn't comment positively. The reply? "Just wait".

What good they think they are going, I don't know, but it would be interesting if they tried to encourage instead of critisise.

Anyway, by the posts on here, I think De Graaf will soon be taking the heat off oor Colin. :rolleyes:.

I know he did. My rationale behind starting Trakys ahead of him did not involve Nish not being up to the task.

Trakys (apparent) strength and the fact that he is an unknown quantity to the Accies, will secure him a start on Saturday, IMO.

16-09-2010, 09:52 AM
I know he did. My rationale behind starting Trakys ahead of him did not involve Nish not being up to the task.

Trakys (apparent) strength and the fact that he is an unknown quantity to the Accies, will secure him a start on Saturday, IMO.

today's story in the eve. news suggest a place on the bench is the best he'll get.

He's back home getting his stuff etc.

At least his presence on the bench might see Nish really given it his all, knowing nothing more than a good performance will do, otherwise he'll be playing footsie with Hogg in the coming weeks. :bye:

16-09-2010, 10:56 AM

Nish could do with being removed from being the focus of the fan's ire for a bit - hopefully bring him on when defending a lead, maybe he could nick another. Would help his non existant confidence I would think.
fixed it

16-09-2010, 11:31 AM

I pointed out a few good things Colin did during a game to a Nish critic and asked why they didn't comment positively. The reply? "Just wait".

If that attitude was applied to any and every player, folk would be able to justify their negativity.

Pretty much every opportunity we had to score on Saturday came through Colin Nish and I don't remember him missing a penalty to go 2 goals up yet somehow he is the player most seem to want dropped for a player nobody has seen play.

16-09-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't know. Maybe Scottish Colin and Scottish Deek will start.

I think we were headed in the right direction on Saturday and really should have won, so maybe too much tinkering isn't required.

16-09-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't know. Maybe Scottish Colin and Scottish Deek will start.

I think we were headed in the right direction on Saturday and really should have won, so maybe too much tinkering isn't required.
correct

16-09-2010, 11:58 AM
personally given that Nish played well last time out (as there was actually another player up front) I would put Trakys and Nish together and get Derek back a bit deeper where he will get the ball more often so he can affect the game to the max...and give Wotherspoon a shot on the bench to take the heat of him

16-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Can we stop referring to him as the Lith or Lithuanian now. It know it was a little side joke because the yams are Lithuania B but it's wore off now.

16-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Can we stop referring to him as the Lith or Lithuanian now. It know it was a little side joke because the yams are Lithuania B but it's wore off now.

its only because i dont know how to spell his surname !

AndersonGGTTH
17-09-2010, 06:41 AM

Or he we go , a "deek hater" , which is who does "not rate" derek as ahighly as others , aii ur allowed to make bad pass or mis touch a baw when ur him cause scores reguarly and is a legend , nish was a streak of pish on sat not as bad as de graaf , WHY DOES DANNY G NOT START ???"

AndersonGGTTH
17-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Pretty much every opportunity we had to score on Saturday came through Colin Nish and I don't remember him missing a penalty to go 2 goals up yet somehow he is the player most seem to want dropped for a player nobody has seen play.

**** SAKE why blame deek , best player on park , ok so your saying nish isnt as bad as deek then good one:grr:

17-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Or he we go , a "deek hater" , which is who does "not rate" derek as ahighly as others , aii ur allowed to make bad pass or mis touch a baw when ur him cause scores reguarly and is a legend , nish was a streak of pish on sat not as bad as de graaf , WHY DOES DANNY G NOT START ???"

**** SAKE why blame deek , best player on park , ok so your saying nish isnt as bad as deek then good one:grr:

So what you're saying is if you don't "hate" Nish it makes you a "Deek hater"?

Deary me.

17-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Deek missed the penalty that would have put the game beyond ICT. Certainly do not hate the man, quite the reverse. I have never been Nishs biggest fan but he was not bad on Saturday for a lot of the game.

17-09-2010, 08:22 AM

Maybe you should read a post properly before replying.

17-09-2010, 08:23 AM
So what you're saying is if you don't "hate" Nish it makes you a "Deek hater"?

Deary me.

Well done on working out what he was saying. :aok: :greengrin

17-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Well done on working out what he was saying. :aok: :greengrin

I'm going to have to lie down - too much for my wee brain..

17-09-2010, 08:30 AM
As it says, does anyone reckon Valdas will start on Sat? Is he match fit? Surely worth a throw over Nish.
I don't think he'll start on Saturday. I've just been watching an interview with Yogi on the BBC website and he says that Valdas is a couple of weeks off being match fit. It's a good interview by the way, none of your 'I couldnae fault the boys' stuff. Worth watching.

17-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I don't think he'll start on Saturday. I've just been watching an interview with Yogi on the BBC website and he says that Valdas is a couple of weeks off being match fit. It's a good interview by the way, none of your 'I couldnae fault the boys' stuff. Worth watching.

hopefully he'll get last 20 mins if we're doing nowt up top, give the big 'Accies lads summin to think about.

17-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Take a deep breath and relax, you should never post before your morning **** as you can get far too excited and it will end up all over the place.

My post was actually a defence of Nish starting the game on Saturday over Trakys, I mentoned that he set up our best opportunities to score and wasn't the one that missed the pen, I could have mentioned that he didn't miss an open goal either but the penalty was the turning point in my opinion.

17-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Take a deep breath and relax, you should never post before your morning **** as you can get far too excited and it will end up all over the place.

My post was actually a defence of Nish starting the game on Saturday over Trakys, I mentoned that he set up our best opportunities to score and wasn't the one that missed the pen, I could have mentioned that he didn't miss an open goal either but the penalty was the turning point in my opinion.

This is a family board ! :greengrin

17-09-2010, 04:42 PM
hopefully he'll get last 20 mins if we're doing nowt up top, give the big 'Accies lads summin to think about.
That's a distinct possibility if Nish is playing :greengrin but as long as we win obviously.