PDA

View Full Version : Sevice as usual - the remaining maggot returns.

Jim44
16-09-2010, 08:19 AM
So Levein's unequivocal and open-armed welcome back to the arrogant maggots is almost complete with the wonderful news that Ferguson is considering deigning to grace the Scottish team with his presence. It's no surprise that his approach is not clothed in remorse and apology for his unforgivable, totally calculated and cynical act of defiance. Oh no, it's all about me, me, me and how he is missing the 'limelight' and that the time is right for him. If Ferguson, MacGregor, McCulloch and Boyd feature in the next round of qualifying matches, I won't derive any pleasure from the inevitable defeats but I will feel a deep sense of poetic justice and smug satisfaction.

PaulSmith
16-09-2010, 08:34 AM
So Levein's unequivocal and open-armed welcome back to the arrogant maggots is almost complete with the wonderful news that Ferguson is considering deigning to grace the Scottish team with his presence. It's no surprise that his approach is not clothed in remorse and apology for his unforgivable, totally calculated and cynical act of defiance. Oh no, it's all about me, me, me and how he is missing the 'limelight' and that the time is right for him. If Ferguson, MacGregor, McCulloch and Boyd feature in the next round of qualifying matches, I won't derive any pleasure from the inevitable defeats but I will feel a deep sense of poetic justice and smug satisfaction.

What's your thoughts on Gary O'Connor or John Collins who have done the same to the national team in the past?

Jim44
16-09-2010, 08:41 AM
What's your thoughts on Gary O'Connor or John Collins who have done the same to the national team in the past?

Stuff them too. My opinion has nothing to do with club football whatsoever. If you care to read some significance into it, it's up to you.

PaulSmith
16-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Stuff them too. My opinion has nothing to do with club football whatsoever. If you care to read some significance into it, it's up to you.

Personally I can't see the fuss about them coming back into the squad, they were made scapegoats last time around by the SFA and given OTT life bans.

Happens all the time across every nation, big club players find it uncomfortable being left out of their national team and throw a strop at the time. They then realise that they've made a tit of themselves and come back or the SFA realise that actually we'll not qualify if we don't ask them back.

Scotland are a better team with these 4 back in the squad and if it takes us to Ukraine and Poland then I'd be delighted.

Jim44
16-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Personally I can't see the fuss about them coming back into the squad, they were made scapegoats last time around by the SFA and given OTT life bans.

Happens all the time across every nation, big club players find it uncomfortable being left out of their national team and throw a strop at the time. They then realise that they've made a tit of themselves and come back or the SFA realise that actually we'll not qualify if we don't ask them back.

Scotland are a better team with these 4 back in the squad and if it takes us to Ukraine and Poland then I'd be delighted.

I accept but don't agree with your views, Paul. There's no sitting on the fence here. You either turn the other cheek, play down the issues and consider the 'net' benefits irrespective of the offence, like yourself or the SFA or you take a stance and stick by it.

H18sry
16-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I heard the interview on BBC Scotland last night and at no time did he say he wanted a return to the National side, what he did say was that he has not ruled out a return, Chic Young then tried to force an exclusive out of him which he failed to give, but as a small nation we need all the quality players that we can get and like him or loathe him Ferguson is the best player available to Scotland at the moment bar none.

poolman
16-09-2010, 09:39 AM
**** him

He's just takin the pi*s now deciding when he wants to come back to the fold after saying that his Scottish career was over

IMO none of the banned bunch should ever have been asked back after Harry P took over but I bet he's welcomed back with open arms and probably an open zip by Levein

Goan yersel Barry, get back in the side and I'll take great pleasure in watching Harry and his Huns getting ripped a new hole by Spain

Spike Mandela
16-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Intersesting it's happening after getting 4 points from 6 and Czech republic getting beat increasing our chances of getting play off place. If we had drawn last match we wouldn't have heard from the self serving wee scrote.

His last chance for a major finals and he doesn't want to miss out, utterly predictable.

Alex Trager
16-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Scotland were certainly better with the keeper and the midfielder last week... The fat one up front thought... well he was horrendous.

ShanksSaidNo
16-09-2010, 10:45 AM
**** him

He's just takin the pi*s now deciding when he wants to come back to the fold after saying that his Scottish career was over

IMO none of the banned bunch should ever have been asked back after Harry P took over but I bet he's welcomed back with open arms and probably an open zip by Levein

Goan yersel Barry, get back in the side and I'll take great pleasure in watching Harry and his Huns getting ripped a new hole by Spain
I think it would be better if you didnt bother posting on future threads regarding our national team. That comment is vergin on outrageous.
What Ferguson and quite a few others did in the hotel whilst on international duty was out of order but lets not forget they were given the go ahead by their manager at the time to have a bevy!
As for the next game and the infamous 'v' sign scandal - as childish as it was the players involved have reiterated on many occassions that the sign was not aimed at the Scottish fans/public it was a direct gesture to the media who had dug up the story on 'boozegate'.
The truth of the matter is and certainly on current form, along with Fletcher Barry Ferguson is the best midfielder we have. In order to get to the Euro's we need to play our best team. The midfield we played against Lichtenstein would get turned over home and away by the Spanish and possibly the Czechs.

As bad and as embarrassing we may think the boozegate and v sign scandal was, in a purely footballing sense we should be welcoming this player back with open arms!

LancashireHibby
16-09-2010, 11:14 AM
but as a small nation we need all the quality players that we can get and like him or loathe him Ferguson is the best player available to Scotland at the moment bar none.

Better than Darren Fletcher? Not sure about that one, but I get your point.

500miles
16-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Did O'Connor not disappear last time after his sister had OD'd? Surely that's a bit different. Can't comment on John Collins - bit before my time possibly.

Regardless, I don't have an issue with Ferguson and McGregor being involved with the Scotland setup - on the basis of "Boozegate". They stuck the fingers up at the Scottish Press who were hounding them after an incident in which they were the worst, but not the only, offenders. It was the SFA's decision to impose lifetime bans - although they were happy to be quiet about their role, and let Burley take any flak.

Now, considering the contempt held for the scottish press on these boards, I can't understand the fury which thier reactions got.

However, can we not involve more 30+ players in the team? Ta.

500miles
16-09-2010, 11:23 AM
As bad and as embarrassing we may think the boozegate and v sign scandal was, in a purely footballing sense we should be welcoming this player back with open arms!

International football is all about pride. If the players come and go as they please, the national team start looking like an abused wifie, and there is no pride in that. For this reason, Boyd's presence in the team is an affront the the dignity of the Scottish team and the Scottish fans. If Ferguson's decision to return to Scotland is oppertunistic, then it too is an affront. However, until there is evidence of that, Ferguson is as eligable as any player. That said, he is too old, so shouldn't be picked.

poolman
16-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I think it would be better if you didnt bother posting on future threads regarding our national team. That comment is vergin on outrageous.
What Ferguson and quite a few others did in the hotel whilst on international duty was out of order but lets not forget they were given the go ahead by their manager at the time to have a bevy!
As for the next game and the infamous 'v' sign scandal - as childish as it was the players involved have reiterated on many occassions that the sign was not aimed at the Scottish fans/public it was a direct gesture to the media who had dug up the story on 'boozegate'.
The truth of the matter is and certainly on current form, along with Fletcher Barry Ferguson is the best midfielder we have. In order to get to the Euro's we need to play our best team. The midfield we played against Lichtenstein would get turned over home and away by the Spanish and possibly the Czechs.

What a loady keek

If you dont like what I think of the Scotland set-up at the moment....tough tittie, get over it

I'm not gonna change my mind because of your "support Scotland at any cost" claptrap post :bye:

Sir David Gray
16-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm actually moving beyond feeling anger towards the national side as this latest story on Barry Ferguson is just so predictable. I would not be surprised in the slightest if he is in the squad to face Spain and the Czech Republic.

Spudster
16-09-2010, 12:01 PM
If Ferguson, MacGregor, McCulloch and Boyd feature in the next round of qualifying matches, I won't derive any pleasure from the inevitable defeats but I will feel a deep sense of poetic justice and smug satisfaction.

Don't forget David Weir in that list.
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Weir-I-was-right-to.2381553.jp

bighairyfaeleith
16-09-2010, 12:13 PM
TBH I couldnae gie a **** anymore, used to love watching scotland but a combination of the sfa/levein and a procession of players treating scotland like **** has left me feeling empty when it comes to our national team!

HibbyAndy
16-09-2010, 12:16 PM
TBH I couldnae gie a **** anymore, used to love watching scotland but a combination of the sfa/levein and a procession of players treating scotland like **** has left me feeling empty when it comes to our national team!

:top marks

Couldnt give a toss either way.

ShanksSaidNo
16-09-2010, 12:19 PM

What a loady keek

If you dont like what I think of the Scotland set-up at the moment....tough tittie, get over it

I'm not gonna change my mind because of your "support Scotland at any cost" claptrap post :bye:
At no point did I say I am in the boat of "support scotland at all costs" I have my frustrations like everyone else - but saying you will enjoy watching our (your) national team get humped because it is "full of huns" is a short sighted, maybe even small minded mentality!

Hibernia Na Eir
16-09-2010, 12:22 PM
SFA, Scottish National side, their whole system, can GTF

old boys act. Always been there, always will.

Who i their right mind can support this kind of nonsense?

What a lot of bollocks.

Thank god for club football !:agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
16-09-2010, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=poolman;2577935]
At no point did I say I am in the boat of "support scotland at all costs" I have my frustrations like everyone else - but saying you will enjoy watching our (your) national team get humped because it is "full of huns" is a short sighted, maybe even small minded mentality!

there is some truth in there though :agree:

Scotland must be one of the only nations in thw world where fans are split on supporting them and some just hate them.

Do you ever wonder why this is?

ShanksSaidNo
16-09-2010, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=ShanksSaidNo;2577993]

there is some truth in there though :agree:

Scotland must be one of the only nations in thw world where fans are split on supporting them and some just hate them.

Do you ever wonder why this is?
Religion but in many cases a lack of brain cells!

Jim44
16-09-2010, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Hibernia Na Eir;2578001]
Religion but in many cases a lack of brain cells!

I assume you regard those of us who object to the present trend of welcoming back all and sundry as the ones with a lack of brain cells. I see it as the exact opposite and would suggest that those who lack standards and moral fibre and adopt a 'football comes first' attitude are the ones who are afflicted. On the 'religion' issue, I repeat that religion and club status do not come into the argument.

LancashireHibby
16-09-2010, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=ShanksSaidNo;2577993]Scotland must be one of the only nations in thw world where fans are split on supporting them and some just hate them.

Not at all, many of the fans of the top EPL clubs (particularly Man Utd) aren't bothered one jot about the England team. Not sure on the situation in other countries.

ShanksSaidNo
16-09-2010, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=ShanksSaidNo;2578011]

I assume you regard those of us who object to the present trend of welcoming back all and sundry as the ones with a lack of brain cells. I see it as the exact opposite and would suggest that those who lack standards and moral fibre and adopt a 'football comes first' attitude are the ones who are afflicted. On the 'religion' issue, I repeat that religion and club status do not come into the argument.
Not entirely. Religion only came into this thread as I was replying to the previous question about why our nation is divided in half when it comes to supporting the national team. Religion is mainly a factor in the West. Stating that those who continue to follow the national side lack standards and moral fibre is a bit much!

Jim44
16-09-2010, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=Jim44;2578084]
Not entirely. Religion only came into this thread as I was replying to the previous question about why our nation is divided in half when it comes to supporting the national team. Religion is mainly a factor in the West. Stating that those who continue to follow the national side lack standards and moral fibre is a bit much!

I don't want to prolong the argument, SSN, as, clearly, there are two opposing viewpoints which will never be reconciled but I am not making a bland statement that 'those who continue to follow the national side lack standards and moral fibre.' I am criticising those who support the national team and have no qualms about the welcoming back of the characters in question.

Iggy Pope
16-09-2010, 06:26 PM

What?
John Collins went on a bender the night before a vital qualifier then sneaked a couple of petulant vickys at the boss on live TV and behind his back because he got dropped to the bench?
I thought he simply retired - don't recall talk of a life ban.
Word with yersel. That's my thoughts.

bighairyfaeleith
16-09-2010, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=ShanksSaidNo;2578092]

I don't want to prolong the argument, SSN, as, clearly, there are two opposing viewpoints which will never be reconciled but I am not making a bland statement that 'those who continue to follow the national side lack standards and moral fibre.' I am criticising those who support the national team and have no qualms about the welcoming back of the characters in question.

I think your criticism is wholly justified. Something stinks in the scotland setup and we shouldn't just sit back and applaud it.

H18sry
16-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Better than Darren Fletcher? Not sure about that one, but I get your point.

Fletch has 50 caps but has only "played" in a hand full of Scotland games, but with Fletch and Ferguson controlling the center of the park against the Czechs we will have a better chance than without them. :wink:

WindyMiller
16-09-2010, 08:00 PM

Please enlighten us!

monktonharp
17-09-2010, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=Hibernia Na Eir;2578001]
Religion but in many cases a lack of brain cells!yup,US sCOTTISH MUSLIMS HATE THE NATIONAL TEAM,SO WE DO.

Diclonius
17-09-2010, 01:10 AM

I'd say solely.

I've lived in several locations in the east of Scotland all my life and there has been absolutely no religious tensions, aside from your usual couple of Yam muppets on derby day.

Sectarianism is non-existant in the east, the weegie media just think it isn't.

bighairyfaeleith
17-09-2010, 06:59 AM
can we not just cut glasgow off from the mainland, give them a wee push and send them off to ireland??

Would anybody miss them?

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I'd say solely.

I've lived in several locations in the east of Scotland all my life and there has been absolutely no religious tensions, aside from your usual couple of Yam muppets on derby day.

Take it you've never lived in Fife?

Betty Boop
17-09-2010, 08:00 AM
I'd say solely.

I don't think that is true.

mim
17-09-2010, 08:12 AM

Yeah, there is an Orange March here every weekend, or so it seems. :grr:

Outside Glasgow Fife must have the highest percentage of bigots to population in the western world.

DCI Gene Hunt
17-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Can't say I'm surprised, what with the return of the other two twats, also there was always going to be a point when the SFA would come crawling back to get them on board. It's the way of things through West.

Just gives me yet more reason not to support the national side, which has effectively become a Rangers squad.

Gene

snooky
17-09-2010, 09:31 AM

CL's from Fife ........ oh dear :worms:

ekhibee
17-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm sure Ferguson's done this before. In seasons when the national team has performed well when he's not been playing (I'm sure the season we beat France etc) he waltz's back in and the difference is negligible. If he wants to play, fine, consider him, but I'm not at all convinced that he would make a significant dfference. And if ever a player was overhyped in Scottish football it was him. It's a sad enditement on Scottish football that we feel the need to call up individuals like him, but if it adds something to the Scotland team then so be it. I'm so glad I really couldn't care less about the national team any more.

Diclonius
21-09-2010, 05:36 PM

I can see it from my house - does that count? :greengrin

Bad Martini
21-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Levein is nothing more than an old firm stooge.

He can ram his Ferguson and other ****wits in the team. No place for Riordan yet the team was crying out for him? HE couldnae be bothered to watch the laddie or if he did, he needs new ****ing specs - he's lazy, doesny track back? Hmm. setting up, scoring goals, defending and running til he's red in the puss...what mair ye wanting potter?

Moreover, other, far lazier and FAR inferior players get the shout ahead of him...there's many others. FFS, he was putting in Iwulemno until he got injured.

Potter can **** off and take his old guard, old firm stooges with him.

ENDOF