PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal

bighairyfaeleith
15-09-2010, 07:22 PM
How good do they look tonight, now thats entertaining football. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2010, 07:26 PM
They are playing superb, Wiltshere and Fabregas pulling the strings with Song in the middle of the park must be a joy for those wide and up front to feed off. :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
15-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Unbelievable 1st half, They pass and move the ball so quick its frightning to watch.

Calvin
15-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I was at their game on Saturday and it was like watching a whole different sport, I was absolutely amazed.

hibsfan7
15-09-2010, 07:41 PM
JUST LIKE WATCHING HIBS

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

HibbyAndy
15-09-2010, 07:42 PM
JUST LIKE WATCHING HIBS

:aok:

:agree::agree::agree:

surreyhibbie
15-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Awesome. Best display I have seen for a long time.

Expecting Rain
15-09-2010, 07:54 PM
3 teams always worth watching................Arsenal,Barcelona and Spain............................................. ....alright 4, Hibs.

Ed De Gramo
15-09-2010, 07:54 PM
and thats 4.....:thumbsup:

surreyhibbie
15-09-2010, 07:55 PM
4-0, like an exhibition match. :greengrin

At The Edge
15-09-2010, 07:56 PM
The speed they move the ball about and the players movement is excellent,
best game i've seen since Sat at ER:faf:

snooky
15-09-2010, 08:06 PM
That was the benefit of the old B&W TV's.
You could watch Arsenal and pretend it was Hibs. :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
15-09-2010, 08:20 PM
cannae wait till yogi gets his message across to the hibs players and we get to watch this sort of football every week, it'll be :smokin

surreyhibbie
15-09-2010, 08:23 PM
That was the benefit of the old B&W TV's.
You could watch Arsenal and pretend it was Hibs. :greengrin

I used to get excited when I saw a (B&W) pic in the papers too, until I realised it was the Arsenal.

down-the-slope
15-09-2010, 08:28 PM
can't beleive the number leaving early from this fantastic display :rolleyes:

So its ot just Hibs fans :wink:

HibbyAndy
15-09-2010, 08:37 PM
cannae wait till yogi gets his message across to the hibs players and we get to watch this sort of football every week, it'll be :smokin

:hilarious

Yogi should show them a dvd of that tomorrow if he wants a passing game.

Hibby Bairn
15-09-2010, 08:48 PM
All very simple as well. But you need to be very fit to do it. And we aren't.

John Collins knew what he was talking about.

tamig
15-09-2010, 08:54 PM
All very simple as well. But you need to be very fit to do it. And we aren't.

John Collins knew what he was talking about.
I often wonder where we'd be now if JC got the support he was looking for from the board.

jdships
15-09-2010, 09:18 PM
There were a number of good things about this game. IMO

1. Most entertaing football match I have watched in years.That inspite of the fact that I cannot stand "Arseing" Vengar :greengrin
2 Wasn't a nasty foul in the whole game and contolled almost faultlessly by the Ref . Don't know his name as , as usual , ITV only show the starting X1 just as the game is about to start. No subs, ni ref's name :thumbsup:
3 The movement off the ball of the Arsenal midfield was awesome - a video of this match should be shown to as many young players as possible. :thumbsup:
4 Fabregas - MOM and yet on a number of occasions when out wide he was beaten for pace. Just confirms the old adage there is no substitute for natural skill which unfortunately you cannot teach !! :top marks
and one dodgy
5 Adrian Chilles must be the most annoying sporting " anchor man" on UK TV - a real
pain in the backside :yawn:

For me the best couple of hours sport on the TV for some time :thumbsup:

zosohibee
15-09-2010, 09:21 PM
mesmeric a commentator might say

Alex Trager
15-09-2010, 09:26 PM
I missed the second half in the shower... sounds like they were really good...saying that it was at halftime adrian chiles and co predicted about six or seven and normally it goes the other way or becomes horredous when the commentators/pundits speak.

Cod Boy
15-09-2010, 09:30 PM
win 6.0 and still got rvp and theo to come back from injury

Woody70x2
15-09-2010, 09:53 PM
JUST LIKE WATCHING HIBS

Braga was like watching Hibs :wink:

I know it was Shiels that kicked off the Arsenal of the North stuff, but any one that compares what is an amazing, highly entertaining football team to Hibs must have their head looked at. :boo hoo:

heretoday
15-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Good old Arse. Personally I go for the Man Utd style of attacking play but hey...respect.

Jonnyboy
15-09-2010, 10:28 PM
There were a number of good things about this game. IMO

1. Most entertaing football match I have watched in years.That inspite of the fact that I cannot stand "Arseing" Vengar :greengrin
2 Wasn't a nasty foul in the whole game and contolled almost faultlessly by the Ref . Don't know his name as , as usual , ITV only show the starting X1 just as the game is about to start. No subs, ni ref's name :thumbsup:
3 The movement off the ball of the Arsenal midfield was awesome - a video of this match should be shown to as many young players as possible. :thumbsup:
4 Fabregas - MOM and yet on a number of occasions when out wide he was beaten for pace. Just confirms the old adage there is no substitute for natural skill which unfortunately you cannot teach !! :top marks
and one dodgy
5 Adrian Chilles must be the most annoying sporting " anchor man" on UK TV - a real
pain in the backside :yawn:

For me the best couple of hours sport on the TV for some time :thumbsup:

A perfect cure for insomnia he is :greengrin

Indeed. Like watching Spain only with an end product

heretoday
15-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I often wonder where we'd be now if JC got the support he was looking for from the board.

Not a chance. And don't ever think that Hibs can ever match that sort of stuff.

It's a shame but.....

Jonnyboy
15-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I missed the second half in the shower... sounds like they were really good...saying that it was at halftime adrian chiles and co predicted about six or seven and normally it goes the other way or becomes horredous when the commentators/pundits speak.

45 minutes in the shower? What on earth were you doing? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-09-2010, 10:56 PM
JUST LIKE WATCHING HIBS

If you turn the colour and volume off the resemblance is uncanny.

snooky
15-09-2010, 11:42 PM

Who mentioned the Merricks? :grr:
:wink:

ekhibee
16-09-2010, 12:11 AM
IMO when they both fit and playing well, Fabregas and Arshavn are amongst the worlds best. Because I hate both Chelsea and Man U, it would be great to see Arsenal winning the EPL, this current team has a hell of a lot of potential, but a lot will depend on results against those 2 teams, and possibly Man City and Liverpool as well.

Hibs90
16-09-2010, 05:32 AM
From what I saw it didn't look like Arshavin had a good game last night. Few passes gone wayward etc..

Fabregas on the other hand :top marks

3pm
16-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Same old Arsenal!

Magic on their day but can't cut it when they play the big boys.

BT58
16-09-2010, 06:30 AM
The team the arsenal where playing
Weren't they the same team that beat
The michty tic,,,,,, jeez what would the score
have been against that shower

Dashing Bob S
16-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Arsenal are a brilliant side with a great manager who play the kind of football I love to watch. For a purists viewpoint, I'd watch them before any side in the world, outside of Barcelona (and Hibs, of course.)

But they won't get past Chelsea and probably Man United, who won't stand back and let them play in that manner that Braga did.

Sad, but probably true.

To be fair, most Arsenal supporters I know who have ST's don't really care that much. They're just happy to go along and be massively entertained every week.

broonie27
16-09-2010, 08:33 AM
They were a joy to watch. Fabregas was superb but I also thought Wilshere was outstanding (at least in the first half) - a future England captain IMHO.

sunshine1875
16-09-2010, 12:29 PM
JUST LIKE WATCHING HIBS

Except that Arsenal's passing has a purpose. Ours doesn't.

How many times do was pass the ball along the back four into the central midfield pairing then back to the centre halfs who launch it up to the tall effective striker, who usually loses the ball is really beginning to annoy me. Yes - it is great to pass and retain possession like Arsenal, but there is usually always an end result with their passing. Ours is usually a lump forward. What is that all about?

Hibby Bairn
16-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Agreed. We just play pretend possession.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Agreed. We just play pretend possession.

:agree: like Arsenal did against Barcalona last season.

bighairyfaeleith
16-09-2010, 03:35 PM
:agree: like Arsenal did against Barcalona last season.

yeah but arsenal look out of there depth against barca, we look out of our depth against st mirren:wink:

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2010, 04:05 PM
yeah but arsenal look out of there depth against barca, we look out of our depth against st mirren:wink:

Its the constant negativity like this thats making my skin crawl. No we never looked out of our depth against St Mirren, we were the better side, that got caught out with their only shot on target. :confused:

Joe's ice cream
16-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Intresting that a few posters suggest that Yogi should show a DVD to the team and get us passing like Arsnel. I actualy think that he is striving to get a team together capable of keeping the ball on the deck and pass well, but then he's up against the "get the ball forward for ****** sake" shouts which seem to be common coming from the stands

Hibby Bairn
16-09-2010, 06:03 PM
You're right Joe but hibs are just playing at it in their own half. Normally like a training game of 6v2 whilst the opposing midfield and defence get their shape and breath back.

Watching a dvd of Arsenal or Barcelona will let them see what impact that can have when you do it 30 yards further forward.

And then they neeed to get super fit to carry it out.

Craig_in_Prague
16-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Its the constant negativity like this thats making my skin crawl. No we never looked out of our depth against St Mirren, we were the better side, that got caught out with their only shot on target. :confused:

Yup

It was though a rather dull game and I am convinced if it was the OF they'd have won 1-0 in that game, where as Hibs are superb at losing these matches.
It was also a mistake playing Stokes in that match, his heid was up his arse.

Anyway, we need more pace (Galbraith to play) and the passing up a notch in tempo.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Yup

It was though a rather dull game and I am convinced if it was the OF they'd have won 1-0 in that game, where as Hibs are superb at losing these matches.

Anyway, we need more pace (Galbraith to play) and the passing up a notch in tempo.

:agree:

RoscoHibby
16-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Yup

Well said that man. This has to be the slowest Hibs team I think I've ever seen. So if your not gonna run past them quickly, move the ball quicker FFS. But this still requires a bit of pace/skill when all the passing eventually leaves somebody 1 on 1 with his opponent.

Galbraith must be diddling yogi's lassie or something, whats the boy got to do!

Craig_in_Prague
16-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Well said that man. This has to be the slowest Hibs team I think I've ever seen. So if your not gonna run past them quickly, move the ball quicker FFS. But this still requires a bit of pace/skill when all the passing eventually leaves somebody 1 on 1 with his opponent.

Galbraith must be diddling yogi's lassie or something, whats the boy got to do!

Yogi would rather play Wotherspoon out of position, than play a left sided attacker, on the left, where we need both width and pace.
But Andy74 will come and tell us Yogi has handled Galbraith perfectly...... I don't get it, play the laddie for 4-5 games from the start and see how it goes.

What we got to lose.... We're slow and predictable and really need a bit life into the team.

NOLA
16-09-2010, 08:26 PM
i'd give up going to the cinema to watch Arsenal every week :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
16-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Someone said earlier that arsenal fans know they are not good enough to win the league but don't care because it's so entertaining to watch.

I'd agree, if I could watch that every week or watch a team that wins the league, I'd choose arsenal, much more fun to watch every week, sod the one week of glory when you lift the trophy.

Come on yogi, deliver what you talk about so much, cos I aint seen it yet.

snooky
17-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Someone said earlier that arsenal fans know they are not good enough to win the league but don't care because it's so entertaining to watch.

I'd agree, if I could watch that every week or watch a team that wins the league, I'd choose arsenal, much more fun to watch every week, sod the one week of glory when you lift the trophy.

Come on yogi, deliver what you talk about so much, cos I aint seen it yet.
I feel the same way. I go to ER to be entertained for 90mins. If we win great. If we lose or draw, well, disappointed but that's part of the game. A bit of quality and effort from the players is all I ask.
The Newcastle team of the mid nineties with Ginola/Asprilla/Shearer/Ferdinand etc. was worth watching every week despite winning zilch. The other night Arsenal provided me with some hope for the future of football.

lyonhibs
17-09-2010, 07:05 PM
]I missed the second half in the shower.[/B].. sounds like they were really good...saying that it was at halftime adrian chiles and co predicted about six or seven and normally it goes the other way or becomes horredous when the commentators/pundits speak.

You were in the shower for FORTY FIVE minutes. What a vain barsteward :greengrin

Thing is with Arsenal, they make it look so, so simple. Yes, you need players far beyond the skill of any SPL player to achieve that kind of performance, but the basics that it was founded on shouldn't be impossible.

1. Short simple passes to either your team-mates feet, or the space into which they are running.

2. The confidence in your team mates' abilities to pass them the ball, then run beyond your man into the space (that's the green stuff BEHIND your opposite number FAO Hibs midfield) and make yourself available for the return.

Yes, if we tried to play like that the play would get broken up a fair bit of the time, and in the SPL there are times where getting rid of the thing is the best course of action, but it would be nice if, from the back, the ball didn't have to traverse the back 4 twice, before being fed into McBride, back to Hogg, repeat thrice before any attempt at incisive, accurate forward passing is attempted.