PDA

View Full Version : Will we sign short term cover for Duffy?

AB Hibby
15-09-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm sure I saw a quote from yogi last weekend saying he wanted to bring in another striker "with good movement" to replace Duffy ie in addition to Trakys. Did I imagine it?

Dalianwanda
15-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm sure I saw a quote from yogi last weekend saying he wanted to bring in another striker "with good movement" to replace Duffy ie in addition to Trakys. Did I imagine it?

Nah you didnt imagine it....Although I cant remember if I heard him say this or he was quoted in the press?

BEEJ
15-09-2010, 06:35 PM
So far he's had less than a week (since Duffy's injury) to find one that fits the bill. It may take a while yet.

Spike Mandela
15-09-2010, 07:10 PM

You mean short term cover for the short term cover:greengrin

Doubt it, think we're stuck with what we've got till January. Pity Byrne is loaned out as he might have got a chance to stake a claim.

AB Hibby
15-09-2010, 07:11 PM
It wasn't a critical OP - just no mention of it from yogi when talking in press after signing Trakys. The Duffy injury was totally unexpected so yeah might take another week to find possible replacement. If Duffy is out for 8 weeks is it worth it?

Alex Trager
15-09-2010, 08:00 PM
It wasn't a critical OP - just no mention of it from yogi when talking in press after signing Trakys. The Duffy injury was totally unexpected so yeah might take another week to find possible replacement. If Duffy is out for 8 weeks is it worth it?
Maybe... The player thats brought in may be good and offered a longer loan time or a contract in january

SloopJB
15-09-2010, 10:29 PM

He definately said he was looking for another striker after Trakys signed but looking, finding snd signing are all different.
Good on Yogi though, a couple of games and I think we'll see a good team performance with the players he has.

J-C
16-09-2010, 08:06 AM
He said he's looking for a striker similar to Duffy, so that'll rule out Danneboom then.

Juice-Terry
16-09-2010, 08:55 AM
You mean short term cover for the short term cover:greengrin

Doubt it, think we're stuck with what we've got till January. Pity Byrne is loaned out as he might have got a chance to stake a claim.

Is it not possible to simply recall Byrne?

'Mon the Cabbage!

keep the faith
16-09-2010, 09:18 AM
How about Francis jeffers for a short term punt. Has been in freefall for years now and without a club I remember reading. Duffy was described as a fox in the box. We could always try the orginal and see if he is up for a last chance. Short term cover may be a low risk?