PDA

View Full Version : Deeks and Miller

JCHibby
15-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know if these guys are in or close to agreeing new contracts?? Two quality players!

TornadoHibby
15-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know if these guys are in or close to agreeing new contracts?? Two quality players!

I suspect that you might find yourself being accused of "stirring things up" by some on here especially concerning Derek as indeed I was when I posted something very similar two or three weeks ago! :wink: :cool2:

matty_f
15-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I suspect that you might find yourself being accused of "stirring things up" by some on here especially concerning Derek as indeed I was when I posted something very similar two or three weeks ago! :wink: :cool2:

Who would say he's stirring things up? Seems a perfectly legitimate question to ask, IMHO.:agree::confused::cool2::greengrin

Duffys13
15-09-2010, 12:56 PM

Am I the only person on here that has been really dissapointed with Miller?

matty_f
15-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Doubt it, there's folk on here that wake up disappointed that they're breathing.:rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
15-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Nope, presently playing well below the standard we know he can play at.

Speedway
15-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Doubt it, there's folk on here that wake up disappointed that they're breathing.:rolleyes:

:top marks

Duffys13
15-09-2010, 01:24 PM

I am not normally a doom and gloom merchant, but I think Miller has under acheived in his time at Hibs (at any club since Celtic). Watch how often he looses the ball and the oppostion score from it. Can't figure him out as you always feel he can produce but very rarely does.

J-C
15-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Did Miller not sign a 3 yr deal, if so he has 2 to go, Deek needs to be signed up pronto, before he takes the hump and sods off at the end of the season.

Dr Jimmy
15-09-2010, 01:53 PM
I am not normally a doom and gloom merchant, but I think Miller has under acheived in his time at Hibs (at any club since Celtic). Watch how often he looses the ball and the oppostion score from it. Can't figure him out as you always feel he can produce but very rarely does.

I think Miller is one of the best players we have. Get him on the ball going forward and we will see the player he can be.

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Did Miller not sign a 3 yr deal, if so he has 2 to go, Deek needs to be signed up pronto, before he takes the hump and sods off at the end of the season.2 yr deal and out of contract next summer.

TornadoHibby
15-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Who would say he's stirring things up? Seems a perfectly legitimate question to ask, IMHO.:agree::confused::cool2::greengrin

Perhaps Andy74 might be able to explain as he suggested the above opinion to me regarding the thread I started and then quickly deleted recently! :cool2:

I too felt that it was a perfectly reasonable question then and now also but wasn't prepared to spend time debating why at that time! :yawn:

Jonnyboy
15-09-2010, 03:16 PM

Conversely, watch how often he wins it by sneaking off opponents toes. Boozy used to do the same and he got little credit for that too. Personally I'd rather have Miller in my team than not :agree:

Vini1875
15-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Miller's problems have more to do with the players around him I feel. He looks for a pass or support yet there is little to be had so has to hold onto a ball he might otherwise release, by which time he has been closed down by a harder working opposition midfield.

euro Hibby
15-09-2010, 04:45 PM
few of them deserve contracts on the showings to date , Riordan apart because he will always score.......

random sub
15-09-2010, 08:13 PM

If you are really disappointed with one of the best midfielders we have had in the last few years then that is your choice. Not saying he is the be all and end all but a very good Hibs player and much better than many that have recently occupied that berth.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2010, 08:27 PM

No you are not, i dream of Brian Kerr and Joe Keenan coming back and giving us the dream midfield pairing we need.

Duffys13
15-09-2010, 08:31 PM
If you are really disappointed with one of the best midfielders we have had in the last few years then that is your choice. Not saying he is the be all and end all but a very good Hibs player and much better than many that have recently occupied that berth.

One of the best midfielders we have had in the last few years? If you are comparing him to some of the dross such as Brian Kerr, yes he is better. I fail to agree that he is a very good Hibs player. Looked good like a lot of others at the start of last season but have not seen a lot from him since.

random sub
15-09-2010, 09:06 PM
One of the best midfielders we have had in the last few years? If you are comparing him to some of the dross such as Brian Kerr, yes he is better. I fail to agree that he is a very good Hibs player. Looked good like a lot of others at the start of last season but have not seen a lot from him since.

Well I would have to disagree. As another poster says I think he has been let down by those around him. As for others, I am indeed talking about the dross we have had in the centre midfield in the last 3 years. To answer your original question within this context.... and even based on the last few games, I am not in the least bit disappointed with Miller.

Removed
15-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Miller is one of the few quality players we have imo. I would be extremely disappointed to see him go.

Alex Trager
15-09-2010, 09:39 PM
When a player decides to take a booking and relsihes one of very few chances to jump up on a wall and celebrate with their very elated support they instantly become one of very few that are loved by me, i love our players who appreciate the support....theres this and the fact he has an undoubted amount of tallent and of course he is one of the hottest players in the spl-the newer generation may appreciate the last comment the elder will think eugh what a wee poof-

Albion Hibs
15-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Miller's problems have more to do with the players around him I feel. He looks for a pass or support yet there is little to be had so has to hold onto a ball he might otherwise release, by which time he has been closed down by a harder working opposition midfield.

I agree with the above and other similar posts. I think he has been a great signing for us, some real quality in the middle of pitch, he would be the player over and over almost all others I would like to see stay on at the club - a good few years playing and a good older player to have around in the event we manage to produce some midfield tallet.

I think he needs a decent wide player (Galbraith!!) and someone to run in front of him (that is possibly supposed to be De Graff's role!).

Hainan Hibs
15-09-2010, 09:53 PM
No you are not, i dream of Brian Kerr and Joe Keenan coming back and giving us the dream midfield pairing we need.

With Chisholm in the holding role pointing at what needs to be done.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2010, 09:56 PM
With Chisholm in the holding role pointing at what needs to be done.

:agree: Those were the days. :boo hoo: