PDA

View Full Version : Family Fun Day on Saturday v Hamilton

Golden Bear
14-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I've just received an e mail from the Club saying that it's a Family Fun Day on Saturday and an Adult + 2 kids (under 15) will be allowed in to the Famous Five Stand for £22.

And oh aye - you also get the chance to meet the Hibs Mascot in the form of the Sunshine on Leith Lynx.

It's not like Hibs to offer a package like this but well done all the same!

:thumbsup:

RoxburghHibs
14-09-2010, 12:17 PM
I've just received an e mail from the Club saying that it's a Family Fun Day on Saturday and an Adult + 2 kids (under 15) will be allowed in to the Famous Five Stand for £22.

And oh aye - you also get the chance to meet the Hibs Mascot in the form of the Sunshine on Leith Lynx.

That's much better value - well done to the club. Now hopefully some youngsters will attend that might not have due to cost.

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2010, 12:23 PM
If that Lynx goes anywhere near the pitch, I swear I'll effing well do time!!!!:grr:

bighairyfaeleith
14-09-2010, 12:50 PM
If that Lynx goes anywhere near the pitch, I swear I'll effing well do time!!!!:grr:

:greengrin how many of the current squad could you say that bout as well though!!

Good move by hibs hopefuly see more of these promotions throughout the season to boost attendances and get the young ones supporting hibs early.

Antifa Hibs
14-09-2010, 01:04 PM
This is more a SPL thing than a Hibs thing. Every SPL club has to do some sort of promotion as part of the family fun weekend. Nae danger Hibs would be doing this if they didn't have to. Still welcomed though, will save me £20 this weekend.

Motherwell are doing 1 adult and 3 kids for £22 for both 'Well and Dons supporters. Cannae grumble at that. Caley are letting kids in for £1, even for Hertz supporters and will have players from both teams doing signing sessions.

marinello59
14-09-2010, 01:11 PM
This is more a SPL thing than a Hibs thing. Every SPL club has to do some sort of promotion as part of the family fun weekend. Nae danger Hibs would be doing this if they didn't have to. Still welcomed though, will save me £20 this weekend.

Hibs do nothing to encourage kids along to games.:agree:
Well I suppose there are four Hibs kids days. But apart from that what have Hibs ever done to encourage youngsters to attend?
And there was the tickets given away free to the cadets at the Rangers game. But apart from that......................:greengrin

Antifa Hibs
14-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Well I suppose there are four Hibs kids days. But apart from that what have Hibs ever done to encourage youngsters to attend?
And there was the tickets given away free to the cadets at the Rangers game. But apart from that......................:greengrin

Good for the 14 and unders, the age group that would be going with their parents anyway.

They do nout for the 15-16 year olds though, the type of age group of would go on their own. Well except charge £12 for the likes of Hamilton and £14/£17 for OF & Hertz. :agree:

PaulSmith
14-09-2010, 01:17 PM

And the £30 season tickets, opening of the FF level as a kids area before the games.. I tell ye they've done nowt!

Wilson
14-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Apart from hibs kids days, free tickets to cadets, £30 season tickets, and opening the FF level as a kids area before games what have hibs ever done for the kids?!

mglancy23
14-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Apart from hibs kids days, free tickets to cadets, £30 season tickets, and opening the FF level as a kids area before games what have hibs ever done for the kids?!

and the aqueduct :greengrin

MB62
14-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I said last week after walking away from the game that with the size of our stadium now, we should be allowing Hibs Kids in for free to all Cat B games, as long as they are accompanied by an adult.

Non Hibs kids could be allowed in for, say, £5, which would probably encourage all the kids to join.
Even if by some miracle, Yogi got Hibs winning and the crowds returned, I believe we could still easily accommodate them all in these games.

I think we all know that going to ER is a habit and once that habit is broken, it is hard to get it formed again.

A very good point was also made by 'Antifa' regarding 15 and 16 year olds. These are the fans who will hopefully be working in the immediate years ahead and we have to encourage them to part with their hard earned cash, if they have managed to get jobs. £10 or £12 for them would be good, just let's get the fans coming back through the door again.

LancashireHibby
14-09-2010, 01:57 PM

And that's exactly why it doesn't happen more often, because we need twice as many new fans in one go just to break even from existing supporters who are spending less per head than for any other game.

MB62
14-09-2010, 02:03 PM

And that's exactly why it doesn't happen more often, because we need twice as many new fans in one go just to break even from existing supporters who are spending less per head than for any other game.

But my nephew is now going to go with his laddie, so that's £2 gained and two more Hibbies through the gate :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
14-09-2010, 02:26 PM
What about us poor fathers that have to pay for a 24 and 27 year olds? Never any discount for us!!

MB62
14-09-2010, 02:40 PM
What about us poor fathers that have to pay for a 24 and 27 year olds? Never any discount for us!!

Dinnae worry GT, in six years time you will get in for next to nothing and they will still be paying full cost :greengrin

JimBHibees
14-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Dinnae worry GT, in six years time you will get in for next to nothing and they will still be paying full cost :greengrin

:faf:

Lucius Apuleius
14-09-2010, 03:17 PM
not far wrong mate. Probably still be paying for the boogers!

marinello59
14-09-2010, 03:17 PM
:greengrin

down-the-slope
14-09-2010, 03:26 PM
i hope we are doing the same deal for Hamilton fans...would be really mean if not

Remember they did good deal at New Douglas park for us last season

H18sry
14-09-2010, 03:29 PM
not far wrong mate. Probably still be paying for the boogers!

Do bogies not get in free if they are still up yer nose :devil:

Golden Bear
14-09-2010, 03:41 PM
i hope we are doing the same deal for Hamilton fans...would be really mean if not

I'd doubt it. Everything seems to be geared towards young Hibs fans as the Club have also organised other activities such as the handing out of stickers & sweets, face painting and special offers in the Hibs shop.

ionahibby
14-09-2010, 03:41 PM

Hibs must be getting desperate nothing to do with the fact there was only 10'000 there on saturday :greengrin

Golden Bear
14-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Hibs must be getting desperate nothing to do with the fact there was only 10'000 there on saturday :greengrin

After much debate on here, I think the attendance was finally agreed as being 11,938 (or something like that!)

:greengrin

Jack
14-09-2010, 03:50 PM
What if you've already paid for a adult season ticket? How do you get the kids ticket?

At The Edge
14-09-2010, 03:58 PM

yeah its the same for Accies fans adult+2 under 14 £22, not sure if they get the face painting though!:greengrin

HibeeEmma
14-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Thought they would still be claiming to be students. Bet my Dad feels the same

Albion Hibs
14-09-2010, 05:45 PM

Perhaps is the lynx does go onto the pitch he could take care of the litter that covered it last week, making it look like we were playing at the edge of a recyling bin! What exactly were the ground staff doing at HT?

In all serious Hibs well done, a good effort to bring people to The Road. Yogi + players give us another reason for enjoying the day and encouraging other back!

hibee
14-09-2010, 09:37 PM
What if you've already paid for a adult season ticket? How do you get the kids ticket?

You don't, as with most of these offers if you've paid the club in advance for a whole season you can't take advantage and have to pay full price for your kids, it's a shame as my kids enjoyed their first game last week and are keen to go again !

Dashing Bob S
14-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Sorry was going to post something about Sunshine, but the lynx wasn't working.

mcaitchi
14-09-2010, 10:38 PM

yeah !!!! :top marks

Perhaps is the lynx does go onto the pitch he could take care of the litter that covered it last week, making it look like we were playing at the edge of a recyling bin! What exactly were the ground staff doing at HT?

yeah - thats also a good idea !!!! :top marks - least be getting paid for something worthwhile - and big rod said he wants to slash the wage bill !! - so he now adds a mascot - was stokesy sold to pay for leith lynx ???

maybe " leith lynx " will do cartwheels with one of them bloody huge - yanky american hotdogs - we now sell !!!!! :rolleyes:

changed days folks - enjoy your Non singing , non chanting , non standing , non smoking , non scotch pies and non hot beefy drinks - ( banned Next ?? )

welcome = popcorn, beefburgers/cheesburgers and fries !! - corndogs and if your lucky - they will come around the seat while your comfortably sat in your nice plastic chair !! and offer you " CANDY FLOSS " - yes i cant ****ing wait !!

:bye: = fitba

Danderhall Hibs
15-09-2010, 07:00 AM

Have you phoned them?

Lucius Apuleius
15-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Thought they would still be claiming to be students. Bet my Dad feels the same

Huh, I wish!!! Your Dad will feel the same way as me Em I am sure. Whinga about it all day but more than happy to take you. How you doing anyway? Not heard from you for ages.

Do bogies not get in free if they are still up yer nose :devil:

BOOgers you disgusting little man you. Got to bypass the sweary filter somehow. :greengrin

Joking aside, I suppose I don't see them that often and it sure ain't often I can get the two of them together, and I reckon the last time both them managed to get to a game together was the LC final (which I missed but seem to recall buying the tickets anyway!!!). All in all, I'll pay the tickets and be the chauffeur, they will be buying the bevvy on Saturday night:greengrin

hibbiedon
15-09-2010, 11:03 AM

What about Kicks for Kids ?

sambajustice
15-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Is the Hibs kids thing not a bit of a sham???

I'm sure I was reading something on here a week or so ago about the Hibs Kids and it was any kid who wasnt a season ticket holder, had until like 5pm the next day to get to the ticket office to get their tickets for the games this season. How many kids could get down to ER before 5pm, especially if their parents are working?

In my day you just got sent out 4 tickets in the post for the games.

On a slightly different note, Hibernian are absolutely piss poor at public relations!!!

LancashireHibby
15-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Is the Hibs kids thing not a bit of a sham???

I'm sure I was reading something on here a week or so ago about the Hibs Kids and it was any kid who wasnt a season ticket holder, had until like 5pm the next day to get to the ticket office to get their tickets for the games this season. How many kids could get down to ER before 5pm, especially if their parents are working?

In my day you just got sent out 4 tickets in the post for the games.

On a slightly different note, Hibernian are absolutely piss poor at public relations!!!

I'm sure it must have been possible for the tickets to be claimed over the phone? If not, then I agree a bit of a sham, but what's the point in assigning seats to kids who may not turn up unless we're planning on doing a Yam-style attendance figure?

marinello59
15-09-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm sure it must have been possible for the tickets to be claimed over the phone? If not, then I agree a bit of a sham, but what's the point in assigning seats to kids who may not turn up unless we're planning on doing a Yam-style attendance figure?

Yeap, you can phone up for them. Never had a problem getting HibsKids tickets and popping in to the ticket office isn't an option for me.

Speedway
15-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I'd like to see the extremist element of our support buy tickets for the famous five this week and attend the game with a huge banner to hang that reads '**** *** and die, Yogi'

Then the press can get the pics of the kids having their photo taken with the Lynx and this banner in the background.

That'll teach Hughes to accept the manager's job at ER. Isn't he a hun anyway or something?

bighairyfaeleith
15-09-2010, 03:09 PM
I'd like to see the extremist element of our support buy tickets for the famous five this week and attend the game with a huge banner to hang that reads '**** *** and die, Yogi'

Then the press can get the pics of the kids having their photo taken with the Lynx and this banner in the background.

That'll teach Hughes to accept the manager's job at ER. Isn't he a hun anyway or something?

yeah total blue nose!!:grr:

Keith_M
15-09-2010, 03:24 PM

What about us poor sons that are paying for our retired parents (aye, the both of them)?

Let your sons know that it's compulsory once you reach retiral age :wink: