PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd v Rangers

Billy Whizz
13-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Going to the Man Utd v Rangers game at Old Trafford as a work Corporate event. In the Company of 3 Rangers Supporters. Not too sure who to support though as I loath Rangers and everything they stand for, but should support the Scottish Champions against their English opponents?

Fellow Hibees please help me!!!

Dunbar Hibee
13-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Do the right thing, support United..

The_Todd
http://capecodbranding.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/no-brainer.jpg

Wotherspiniesta
Going to the Man Utd v Rangers game at Old Trafford as a work Corporate event. In the Company of 3 Rangers Supporters. Not too sure who to support though as I loath Rangers and everything they stand for, but should support the Scottish Champion's against their English opponents?

How a Hibs fan can even contemplate supporting that bigoted bunch of sub human ****bags is beyond me.

HibbyAndy
13-09-2010, 08:20 PM
How a Hibs fan can even contemplate supporting that bigoted bunch of sub human ****bags is beyond me.

Correct.

Billy Whizz
13-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Correct.

That's me told then!

Sergey
13-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Applaud graciously when Utd bang in their 5th goal and admit to Hun acquaintances that "you're not very good, are you?"

Enjoy Old Trafford. It's a great experience.

Cabbage East
13-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Watch it as a neutral.

magpie1892
13-09-2010, 08:27 PM
My hatred for Manchester United doesn't even chart alongside the utter disdain in which I hold rangers. Come on you Reds.

johnbc70
13-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I was at Old Trafford as a guest in corporate when they beat Celtic a few seasons ago - think it was 3 or 4 nil. Was great seeing the likes of Ronaldo and Rooney ripping Celtic a new one. Only thing is that the atmosphere was pretty poor, I was expecting something special as it was a 67,000 sell out and the Celtic end was full but United strolled to victory. I think it could be the same tomorrow night I am afraid.

Overall a great experience and what will be as much fun will be watching as the Rangers fan next to you cannot understand how they are not getting free kicks, offsides and the obligatory penalty etc. that they get up here.

tooley
13-09-2010, 09:01 PM
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!:devil::devil::devil:

khib70
13-09-2010, 09:22 PM
As a huge Man City fan, there are very few teams in the world I hate more than Manure. However, Rangers are most definitely one of them.

For all the Salford mob's many faults, they are not the embodiment of ignorance and bigotry that the Govan gang are.

So I won't be jumping up and down shouting "C'mon Giggsy", but I hope United horse that pondlife off the park.

Sir David Gray
13-09-2010, 09:37 PM
As a United fan, I probably should be going for them but Scottish football is in such an horrendous state right now at club level and at international level, I wouldn't be too unhappy if Rangers were to get something

darwenhibby
13-09-2010, 09:37 PM
In the East Stand tomorrow night Cheering on the mighty reds with a prawn sandwich.
Saturday back in the West Stand watching the famous Edinburgh Hibees with a prawn sandwhich.

Sunday back in the East Stand at OT watching the reds hopefully hammer the English weedgies.

Love Hibs, then Man Utd.
Hate Hearts, and Liverpool/Rangers cannot decide who I hate more.

Albion Hibs
13-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Tomorrow if (I know "if" is a silly word) the mighty Glasgow Rangers get turned over you can count on it that there fans and the scottish media will turn it into, everyone should be supporting us and look at the state of scottish football. It is a shame for them that we all know that every other week in life they run around singing england songs waving there union jacks, a club that could not be any less scottish if it tried.

Sorry mighty Glasgow Rangers you are the most un-scottish club in this country.

I hope you get pumped!

Enjoy the trip mate, not often you get to see Walter's mites take on - wonder if McGregor will do his party trick in front of the champions league cameras.

steviecarnie
13-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Going to the Man Utd v Rangers game at Old Trafford as a work Corporate event. In the Company of 3 Rangers Supporters. Not too sure who to support though as I loath Rangers and everything they stand for, but should support the Scottish Champions against their English opponents?

First time to OT?

LancashireHibby
13-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I've been brought up to despise ManYoo and everything they stand for, but even I will be a token Rag tomorrow night - not least because I work rather close to the Huns 'refreshment stop' and have been advised to remove my Hibs car stickers if I don't fancy a breezy drive home.

lyonhibs
13-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Errrrrr.................

Man United for the crushing, humiliating victory anyone?? :confused:

Hope they pish all over Rangers.

monktonharp
14-09-2010, 12:09 AM

Fellow Hibees please help me!!!you are a closet hun,naw?

monktonharp
14-09-2010, 12:12 AM
As a United fan, I probably should be going for them but Scottish football is in such an horrendous state right now at club level and at international level, I wouldn't be too unhappy if Rangers were to get somethingcloset

iwasthere1972
14-09-2010, 12:30 AM
As a United fan, I probably should be going for them but Scottish football is in such an horrendous state right now at club level and at international level, I wouldn't be too unhappy if Rangers were to get something

It's too easy for zee English to slate the Scottish game that for once I am willing the huns to beat them.

C'mon the huns. :agree:

CmoantheHibs
14-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Why support any of them?You have no allegiance to either and the scottish connection is very slight.rangers are probably the more anti-scottish team there is.I am sure that pretty soon after listening to your 3 friends tripe you will be cheering on Utd anyway.Why not stick a bet on Utd which will give the game more of an edge for you and at least then you will have an allegiance to Utddue to them winning you money.

gorgie_harp
14-09-2010, 04:34 AM

I'm going down to cheer on the red devils.
**** the huns.

Then back down to earth on sat.:wink:

IWasThere2016
14-09-2010, 06:12 AM
Loathe baith them! But enjoy seeing the Huns getting cuffed that I'll live if ManUre have a good night :greengrin

Billy Whizz
14-09-2010, 07:33 AM
you are a closet hun,naw?

Certainly not. This is a work thing. As I said in my op I despise Rangers. Just thought this was a Scotland/ England thing. Been to OT a couple of times before. Company has a box in the North Stand!

Baldy Foghorn
14-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Before you go, google "Derry's Walls" and "The Sash", so you can join in with the only two songs they sing..... You don't want to look out of place:wink:

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2010, 08:32 AM
In the East Stand tomorrow night Cheering on the mighty reds with a prawn sandwich.
Saturday back in the West Stand watching the famous Edinburgh Hibees with a prawn sandwhich.

Sunday back in the East Stand at OT watching the reds hopefully hammer the English weedgies.

Love Hibs, then Man Utd.
Hate Hearts, and Liverpool/Rangers cannot decide who I hate more.

Wipe your mouth, you're talking s***e

Joe Baker II
14-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Was ocasional attender at odd Man U game although stopped wishing them well when the Glazers took control.

Do not wish them ill really and generally like their fans (only English club I do not mind doing well in Europe still) but when it comes to supporting a Scottish or English club it is a no-brainer.

Dashing Bob S
14-09-2010, 09:16 AM
No lose situ. The Huns get hammered, as many are expecting, I celebrate that fact with gusto.

The Huns do well and get a point/scabby win/narrow defeat, it shuts up the English media and forces them to accept how Tom Kite their game also is, albeit with considerably more wealth pumped into it.

Can't get too excited one way or the other, but would prefer a good Hun pumping, the English supremascist reality check can wait for later rounds and more quality opposition worthy of taking them down a peg.

Whatever happens well get the tired old line spouted obediently by the Scottish media: "Huns humped, don't have enough money to compete so should play in EPL"/"Huns get good result, just think of what they could do on a level playing field, should be in EPL."

Green_one
14-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Clue - :devil::devil::devil:

Have more fun. Simply PRETEND to support the Huns. Opportunities for sarcasm, irony and OTT sympathy.

They are going to get humped so you might as well go with the flow.

I am tired of the 'it helps the whole fo Scottish football' view. No it does not. How much are Hibs going to get out of any Hun victory - zip.

Your biggest concern should be some big Manc whacking you for the mess last time. :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
14-09-2010, 09:44 AM

Man United aren't that bad

:dunno:

heretoday
14-09-2010, 09:49 AM
The build-up to this game is hardly Battle of Britain stuff is it? I suppose that's a natural consequence of the Champions League phenomenon wherein it's less of a rare thing for English and Scottish sides to be paired together.

However, I am minded of the Spurs/Rangers clash of the early 60s and Celtic v Leeds a decade later. Hibs and Dunfermline were similarly involved in the Fairs Cup. These were major occasions and I recall most people getting solidly behind the Scots teams at the time.

We're spoilt now. I might idly tune in to see Man Utd knocking in a goal or two but I'm not really bothered.

Big_Franck
14-09-2010, 09:54 AM
:hijack:
Noticed that paddy power are offering 11/4 that Rangers don't win a game in their group. For those interested it's under their Football Specials section. I can't see them getting more than a point to be honest.

Wotherspiniesta
14-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Man United aren't that bad

:dunno:

I wondered how long it would take :greengrin

Seriously though, I hope the Huns get battered. Both on the park and off it.

Phil MaGlass
14-09-2010, 11:32 AM
surely you did not have to think about this

hope tae god its 5 or 6 nil for man ure

The Baldmans Comb
14-09-2010, 11:41 AM

As you sit munching your prawn sandwich close your eyes and have a listen to the songs emanating from both sets of supporters and then support the side who sound the more Scottish.:wink:

Hibs90
14-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Not overly bothered just want to see a good game, hate both Rangers and Man Utd.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2010, 11:50 AM
closet

Eh? :confused:

Dunbar Hibee
14-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Eh? :confused:

I think he was calling you a closet Hun.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I think he was calling you a closet Hun.

:faf: Aye right, ok then!

That certainly made me laugh! :greengrin

Wanting Rangers to do well might go against the grain but if they do well, perhaps get to the last 16, then it will possibly punt Scotland up a place or two in the co-efficient list and then Hibs might benefit by us getting a second Champions League place again, which will mean that one of the "other" Scottish teams will get an opportunity at the Europa League.

Moody Mulder
14-09-2010, 01:12 PM

Wanting Rangers to do well might go against the grain but if they do well, perhaps get to the last 16, then it will possibly punt Scotland up a place or two in the co-efficient list and then Hibs might benefit by us getting a second Champions League place again, which will mean that one of the "other" Scottish teams will get an opportunity at the Europa League.

whatever yer smoking can i have some ?

LancashireHibby
14-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Not even half three and "Hello Hello" has just had about it's fifteenth outing of the afternoon.

Sylar
14-09-2010, 04:47 PM

:crazy:

ancienthibby
14-09-2010, 05:59 PM
:crazy:

Man U make 10 changes in team to face the Huns!!!!!!

Says it all!!

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2010, 05:59 PM
I used to think along the lines of supporting Scottish fitba but what have those horrible bluenosed ****ers ever done for us?

Some of the horror stories i've read on here about young hibees getting spat on walking down easter Road to the game by that lot made my blood boil!

**** thum! I hope they get a good tanking tonight but if by any chance Darren Fletcher scores the the first goal, I'm hoping a 1-0 tanking will be the final score tonight.

Fletcher to score first and Man United to win 1-0 @ 66/1 £5 bet!:greengrin:wink:

LancashireHibby
14-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I know it's going against the grain and I feel dirty for writing it, but the Rangers fans were an absolute credit to themselves in Wigan today and I can only hope that their good behaviour will translate to their SPL away support. A few of the old ditties were heard but certainly not by all those travelling, who all seemed intent on enjoying their day (and actually being able to remember it, as I saw very few who were particularly drunk). Contrary to some media reports, they were free to roam as they pleased around Wigan for an hour or two before reporting back to their coaches, all very civilised and a little surprising to be honest having witnessed what they were like down here in 2008.

Franck Stanton
14-09-2010, 11:12 PM

You REALLY do have to be at the wind-up here mate. How a true Hibby can even ask a question as stupid as this is beyond me. EVERY football supporter disnae even want the blue-nose-keek tae win thier practice games in training. THEY ARE SCOTLANDS SHAME. :grr::grr::grr:

bob12345
14-09-2010, 11:20 PM
I can't believe the posts in here. How on earth can we afford to be supporting the further demise of Scotland's freefalling Euro co-efficient. Soon we will need to come 2nd for a Europa spot with 8 qualifying rounds!

I hate both of them as much as the rest of you, so I support every other SPL team against them. But by supporting their opposition in the champions league you're supporting less European hope for Hibs.

Franck Stanton
14-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I can't believe the posts in here. How on earth can we afford to be supporting the further demise of Scotland's freefalling Euro co-efficient. Soon we will need to come 2nd for a Europa spot with 8 qualifying rounds!

I hate both of them as much as the rest of you, so I support every other SPL team against them. But by supporting their opposition in the champions league you're supporting less European hope for Hibs.

BIG DEAL< I for one can do without the embarressment of playing some european nobodys and getting humped over two games - not to mention being stupid enough to spend hundreds of £'s going abroad to see them. Scotlands co-efficient? don't make me laugh, we are a footballing backwater and the sooner we accept it the better for all concerned. As for wanting/supporting the o/f in ANY game - no chance what-so-ever.

Bristolhibby
15-09-2010, 05:31 AM
BIG DEAL< I for one can do without the embarressment of playing some european nobodys and getting humped over two games - not to mention being stupid enough to spend hundreds of £'s going abroad to see them. Scotlands co-efficient? don't make me laugh, we are a footballing backwater and the sooner we accept it the better for all concerned. As for wanting/supporting the o/f in ANY game - no chance what-so-ever.

Wot he said.

J

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-09-2010, 06:10 AM
I quite enjoy the Euro away games even if we only get one when we qualify! Anyway, a very decent defensive performance by Rangers it must be said.

Barney McGrew
15-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Anyway, a very decent defensive performance by Rangers it must be said.

Ten men behind the ball against an out of sorts Man Utd reserve team. This is apparently something for the Hun hoardes to crack one off to according to the papers this morning.

Next time a team goes to Ibrox and does the same thing, you can bet they'll be moaning about how teams only come to defend and don't make a game of it.

Baldy Foghorn
15-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Just goes to show how much Sir Alex was worried about derhun, fielding an in the main reserve team....

Billy Whizz
15-09-2010, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=eric.hibsfan;2577012]You REALLY do have to be at the wind-up here mate. How a true Hibby can even ask a question as stupid as this is beyond me. EVERY football supporter disnae even want the blue-nose-keek tae win thier practice games in training. THEY ARE SCOTLANDS SHAME. :grr::grr::grr:[/QUOTE

I can't believe some of the abuse I have had on here, considering I thought it was a civilised question?????

Baldy Foghorn
15-09-2010, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=eric.hibsfan;2577012]You REALLY do have to be at the wind-up here mate. How a true Hibby can even ask a question as stupid as this is beyond me. EVERY football supporter disnae even want the blue-nose-keek tae win thier practice games in training. THEY ARE SCOTLANDS SHAME. :grr::grr::grr:[/QUOTE

I can't believe some of the abuse I have had on here, considering I thought it was a civilised question?????

Surely you should have known how much derhun are hated by all of Scotland, they are vile bigots...........:confused:

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-09-2010, 07:45 AM
I can't believe some of the abuse I have had on here, considering I thought it was a civilised question?????LTHF :greengrin

bob12345
15-09-2010, 08:27 AM

You're right, we are a football backwater. So let's just give up eh? Because Scottish clubs are getting beat in Europe, there's no point in even getting there? And because you are so bitter it's stupid that anyone goes to a foreign country, gets a mini holiday around a football game and 9 times out of 10 has a great trip.

Our problems as a country stem from numerous foundations. Pre-historic training methods (when even the Liechtenstein's are teaching their players to be technically sound, rather than lump the ball down the park) from the youth level up, glory hunting sporters turning away from their local teams to support two powerhouses which don't even need them, an awful closed off league structure, certain clubs still bringing in average foreign players in place of giving youngsters a chance.

Until these, and many other issues, start to be fixed our country will never return to their former glories. However, until then you can just bury your head in the sand or can hope that your team and country do as well as possible with the significant barriers in place. Good luck with the former, I really don't see what you take from it, but it's your shout.

lyonhibs
15-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson got his bluff called last night, thinking he could give the youths/reserves a run out. Make no mistake, he'll have had that game chalked up as a firm 3 points, irrespective of the obligatory haverings about "respecting Rangers and their tradition"

Rangers got what they deserved, sadly, as my coupon is kaput before tonights games even kick-off :grr: :grr:

Oh, and I didn't see it, and have absolutely no intention of hunting it down, as I can't stomach that sort of thing, but to break a man's leg, you must have to put a fair bit of physical force into a challenge and miss the ball entirely.

An accident it may have been, but there must have been a nasty element to Clubfoot's "tackle" on Valencia?? :confused:

steviecarnie
15-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh, and I didn't see it, and have absolutely no intention of hunting it down, as I can't stomach that sort of thing, but to break a man's leg, you must have to put a fair bit of physical force into a challenge and miss the ball entirely.

An accident it may have been, but there must have been a nasty element to Clubfoot's "tackle" on Valencia?? :confused:

the fact u didnt see it how can u comment?? his foot got caught in the ground and with broadfoots challenge it was too much for the leg to take, nothing malice and nothing he could do. purely bad luck.

lyonhibs
15-09-2010, 12:08 PM
the fact u didnt see it how can u comment?? his foot got caught in the ground and with broadfoots challenge it was too much for the leg to take, nothing malice and nothing he could do. purely bad luck.

That was my question - what did Broadfoots challenge consist of?? A nothing tap on the ankle or something with a bit more venom behind it, even if it was in an attempt to play the ball??

Awful luck for Valencia, whatever happened. And the only reason I didn't see it was cos it happened just out of camera and the challenge and/or injury was so grim that they didn't show a replay.

Joy Zipper
15-09-2010, 12:14 PM
That was my question - what did Broadfoots challenge consist of?? A nothing tap on the ankle or something with a bit more venom behind it, even if it was in an attempt to play the ball??

Awful luck for Valencia, whatever happened. And the only reason I didn't see it was cos it happened just out of camera and the challenge and/or injury was so grim that they didn't show a replay.

Lyon, you're making a bit of a fool of yourself here. Broadfoot did nothing wrong. Get over it. It was purely accidental.

lyonhibs
15-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Lyon, you're making a bit of a fool of yourself here. Broadfoot did nothing wrong. Get over it. It was purely accidental.

Thanks, that's all I was looking for. Not too complex seeing as I haven't got Sky+ therefore haven't actually seen the incident, either replayed or live.

RoslinInstHibby
15-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks, that's all I was looking for. Not too complex seeing as I haven't got Sky+ therefore haven't actually seen the incident, either replayed or live.

looked like he just fell over when i watched it 1st time and couldn't see what was wrong...then rewound it and watched in slowmo:jamboak: look a real bad one. No blame on Broadfoot though, he actually looked pretty uspet by it....

jdships
15-09-2010, 09:28 PM
After a stuffy defensive performance in the goalless draw at Manchester United, Smith said: "Uefa are allowing a situation to develop that is wrong.

"Bigger clubs in smaller countries are being drastically affected by the lack of finance. It is difficult to compete.

"There has to be more opportunity. It's not just Scotland, but elsewhere, too."

And the veteran Ibrox manager added: "In Holland, Portugal and other countries, they are all suffering badly.

"They have next to no chance of winning the Champions League, the same as 85% of the English teams have no chance of winning their league."

Anyone care to comment on what "Uncle Walter Smith" was meaning with this statement ?

:confused:

monktonharp
15-09-2010, 09:41 PM

Wanting Rangers to do well might go against the grain but if they do well, perhaps get to the last 16, then it will possibly punt Scotland up a place or two in the co-efficient list and then Hibs might benefit by us getting a second Champions League place again, which will mean that one of the "other" Scottish teams will get an opportunity at the Europa League.had a wee search for yours,on this . not even interested in the slightestabout last night but,ok you are not a closet Hun fi' Falkirk,though,when the F/ck did that Govan mob ever dae a favour/help Hibernian fc??????????????? f/ck them. hun hater,i'm one

Sir David Gray
15-09-2010, 10:35 PM
had a wee search for yours,on this . not even interested in the slightestabout last night but,ok you are not a closet Hun fi' Falkirk,though,when the F/ck did that Govan mob ever dae a favour/help Hibernian fc??????????????? f/ck them. hun hater,i'm one

This message is possibly even more confusing than the previous one. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. :confused:

1875godsgift
16-09-2010, 02:57 AM
This message is possibly even more confusing than the previous one. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. :confused:
I think, maybe, he/she hates the huns?
I did, however, use my Enigma Machine to decode it and as we all now know the Nazis are aware we have one.
Perhaps they've developed a new code?
Maybe, if you look at it backwards and upside down, it REALLY means
" I hate celtc ( and hertz ), ( they're only worth putting in brackets ) "

KiddA
16-09-2010, 04:17 AM

My hatred for Rangers is unhealthy so many reasons why though here is just one of many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7nViAiKWeI