PDA

View Full Version : Crap on the pitch on Saturday (not the teams) ??

HibeePaj
13-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Did everyone notice the crap that was getting blown onto the pitch mainly before kick off on sat??? And does anybody know what it was??

It seemed to be blowing off the top of the Famous Five. There was quite a good bit of it and the only thing i could think that it might be was large flakes of paint off the metal roof... :confused::confused::confused:

anybody shed any light on this?

HibbyKeith
13-09-2010, 06:32 PM
general kiosk litter. mainly the trays from the half pizza portions.

sahib
13-09-2010, 06:38 PM

It really looked bad on our lush new playing surface

HibeePaj
13-09-2010, 06:41 PM

do you think?
That might have been a small portion of it but im 96% sure it was being blown off the top of the stand.

watch the highlights. one minute, you can see the majority of it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/inverness_ct/default.stm

HFC 0-7
13-09-2010, 07:45 PM
I thought it was bits of the surface of the cladding. I seen it blowing about in that corner when i first got to my seat. Maybe there was a lot of bits came off when they were cutting it to size?

random sub
13-09-2010, 07:53 PM
looked like good old schemie litter from the stands to me!

tamig
13-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Did everyone notice the crap that was getting blown onto the pitch mainly before kick off on sat??? And does anybody know what it was??

It seemed to be blowing off the top of the Famous Five. There was quite a good bit of it and the only thing i could think that it might be was large flakes of paint off the metal roof... :confused::confused::confused:

anybody shed any light on this?

When the wind gets up in this country it does tend to blow a bit of rubbish about. Not the first time I've seen litter on the pitch at ER and it won't be the last. Don't think any of the stands are falling down. Maybe just a hungry bunch of pie and pizza munchers in the FF - if that's where you sussed it was coming from. I've been in that stand a couple of times and there are some pretty large people who seem to go there. :agree:

Crab apple
13-09-2010, 08:44 PM
When the wind gets up in this country it does tend to blow a bit of rubbish about. Not the first time I've seen litter on the pitch at ER and it won't be the last. Don't think any of the stands are falling down. Maybe just a hungry bunch of pie and pizza munchers in the FF - if that's where you sussed it was coming from. I've been in that stand a couple of times and there are some pretty large people who seem to go there. :agree:

Yep, looked like general litter from the upper ff. My daughter kept pointing out the empty packet of skips which blew up from below, right to the top of the ff.

madabouthibs
13-09-2010, 08:46 PM
It was napkins, mine was there, but I ripped it up into tiny wee pieces and launched it when the teams ran out. So all the really wee bits were mine. :greengrin

tamig
13-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Yep, looked like general litter from the upper ff. My daughter kept pointing out the empty packet of skips which blew up from below, right to the top of the ff.

Mind you - it could've been a bit of flaked off paint trying to attach itself back to the roof? :hmmm:

Seanair
13-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I was hoping Tam McCourt would come on at half-time to remove the rubbish. No I'll rephrase that--i was hoping Hughes would remove the rubbish.

Jamesie
13-09-2010, 09:10 PM
It's funny because all week the same kind of crap was congregating each morning in the "alcove" between the ticket office and Famous Five stands - no idea what it was but there was a lot of it.

El Gubbz
13-09-2010, 10:13 PM
It really looked bad on our lush new playing surface

Not as bad as the players

iwasthere1972
14-09-2010, 04:44 PM
I think it was Yogi's contract that Rodders had shredded earlier on in the day. Unfortunately one of the cleaners put the bin outside. The rest is history.