PDA

View Full Version : EEN fan match reports and player ratings

el capitano
13-09-2010, 04:45 PM
this has to be the worst report and ratings i have seen, i must have been at a different game

H18sry
13-09-2010, 04:45 PM
link?????????

HibbyAndy
13-09-2010, 04:50 PM
link?????????

Nah sqaure for me :agree:

Hiber-nation
13-09-2010, 05:17 PM
"McBride 5 - may have struggled to adjust to the captaincy but wasn't his finest game"
"Grounds - looked tired after half an hour"
"Riordan - unlucky with the penalty"

Who writes this pish?

sahib
13-09-2010, 06:16 PM
"McBride 5 - may have struggled to adjust to the captaincy but wasn't his finest game"
"Grounds - looked tired after half an hour"
"Riordan - unlucky with the penalty"

Who writes this pish?

That does not sound too wide of the mark to me.

houston1875
13-09-2010, 06:20 PM

grounds wasnae tired,a thought he was laid back,he strolled thru that game,boy gonna be good,and dickoh looks fast/pacey,could be a good signing too!! he be a brute alongside bamba?

HibeePaj
13-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Riordans penalty wisnae too wide of the mark either..

Still would have won us the game:boo hoo:

JimBHibees
13-09-2010, 06:40 PM
grounds wasnae tired,a thought he was laid back,he strolled thru that game,boy gonna be good,and dickoh looks fast/pacey,could be a good signing too!! he be a brute alongside bamba?

On first viewing I thought Grounds looked decent with the ball however I thought he looked slow and not the greatest defensively, the excellent save by Brown in the first half was down to him not stopping the winger getting to the byline. Dickoh was composed on the ball first half however thought he lost a few headers he should have won second half. Early days however hope both get better with games.

Albion Hibs
13-09-2010, 06:43 PM

Agreed, i think the ratings and comments seem pretty close to the mark.

el capitano
13-09-2010, 07:24 PM
bamba had a bad day , gets him a 7. if this was hogg what would he have got? and if bamba had a good day what kind of score do u give him.

i was happy with the gk on saturday i thought he had a good day but read his distribution wasnt good, i felt his distribution was good, better than what the other keepers had shown us so far, this part of a gk's game is very important in the way we set out.

riordan should have had 3 possibly 4 goals and gets a 7 . if this was nish what would he have got?

de graff is a new player here a few weeks into the season who missed a very goood chance to get us the points, he gets a 4 (nish got this also which is a crazy score for the good day he had) which maybe is fair but if he scores the chance what do u give him?

i really feel some supporters just see what they want to see and dont like to be fair when it comes to there favourite players, this is fair enough as we all have opinions but they must realise this is going into the local newspaper.

anyway rant over i just look forward to getting a fair report on the game from our local paper instead of the glasgow sunday/morning papers and it really isnt a fair report for any hibs fan unable to make easter road.

Iggy Pope
13-09-2010, 07:55 PM
On first viewing I thought Grounds looked decent with the ball however I thought he looked slow and not the greatest defensively, the excellent save by Brown in the first half was down to him not stopping the winger getting to the byline. Dickoh was composed on the ball first half however thought he lost a few headers he should have won second half. Early days however hope both get better with games.

Wish you'd been about on here on Saturday night JBH. I got pelters for being less than impressed. My sobriety and sexual preference / gender called into question more than once.

And like you I hope my first impression is wrong...

Thought Dickoh was very good though :lips seal

Albion Hibs
13-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Wish you'd been about on here on Saturday night JBH. I got pelters for being less than impressed. My sobriety and sexual preference / gender called into question more than once.

And like you I hope my first impression is wrong...

Thought Dickoh was very good though :lips seal

For what it is worth mate I totally agree not impressed, and no where near as good as what we have in Murray and Hanlon if required. To me he looked more like a centre half, very slow. In fairness to him as I understand it he was played at CH when at Norwich so realistically that is where I would probably give him a chance, if and when needed.

houston1875
13-09-2010, 10:46 PM
For what it is worth mate I totally agree not impressed, and no where near as good as what we have in Murray and Hanlon if required. To me he looked more like a centre half, very slow. In fairness to him as I understand it he was played at CH when at Norwich so realistically that is where I would probably give him a chance, if and when needed.

Grounds a centre half,hmmn? Hanlon a centrehalf oh yes,Murray can be a leftback who loves to get up/down flank yes,but dont think grounds is a left back who loves to bomb forward like hart at rb and Murray at lb? Plus I was at other end of pitch for the mistake by Mr Grounds,early days for grounds at hibs,time will tell? Plus was grounds at Norwich?,thought he came fae boro,or was he at loan at Norwich?

All help much appreciated
:wink:

houston1875
13-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Yer spot on he was at Norwich? CH, 3 goals in 15 games at Norwich,strachan played him at CH too?
Interesting!

Steve20
14-09-2010, 07:24 AM
bamba had a bad day , gets him a 7. if this was hogg what would he have got? and if bamba had a good day what kind of score do u give him.

Bamba had a good game on Saturday.

ahibby
14-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Bamba was to arrogant at times took on players and lost the ball when he was the last defender. He misjudged the flight of overhead balls and let players in behind him. From what I saw it certainly wasn't his finest hour. The pluses for me were Brown in goals; he looked assured to me and the best I've seen between the sticks for a while. Riordan for the goal and some of his second half play got him pass marks and Galbraith looked like he can cause opposiition problems. So there were some positives for me. I don't like the slow build up because I think passing it like that at the back is inviting a nippy forward to take it between passes or of a slow defenders foot. On the positive side of things if the opposition don't chase and harry then they haven't got a clue when and where the attack will come from and that could be interesting.