PDA

View Full Version : Stewards and police

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
13-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Having read the post on the unacceptable treatment of the caley fans and to a lesser extent our singing section on saturday.
Here is some info straight from the mouth of a top supervisor with the company that stewards our games.
Prior to the match stewards are told that they must try and inforce strict no standing rules in all areas,but especially the East,(apparently this has something to do with someone falling over and injuring themselves at an earlier fixture).Should they get any hassle they have to call in the police as back up.
This directive has come from HIBS themselves, the thinking behind this is, if people standing is clamped down on at the very beginning then it will become the norm.

p.s The police who were sent into the Hibs end were pretty appologetic about having to enforce this but the stewards had acted as directed by our own club.

ShanksSaidNo
13-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Having read the post on the unacceptable treatment of the caley fans and to a lesser extent our singing section on saturday.
Here is some info straight from the mouth of a top supervisor with the company that stewards our games.
Prior to the match stewards are told that they must try and inforce strict no standing rules in all areas,but especially the East,(apparently this has something to do with someone falling over and injuring themselves at an earlier fixture).Should they get any hassle they have to call in the police as back up.
This directive has come from HIBS themselves, the thinking behind this is, if people standing is clamped down on at the very beginning then it will become the norm.

p.s The police who were sent into the Hibs end were pretty appologetic about having to enforce this but the stewards had acted as directed by our own club.
An interesting post but i think the majority of people will be coming away from reading it asking the same question as me.... where the hell did you get a picture of Joe Tortolano in a towel from?

Killiehibbie
13-09-2010, 03:39 PM

p.s The police who were sent into the Hibs end were pretty appologetic about having to enforce this but the stewards had acted as directed by our own club.Everybody should stand for a couple of games. By their own admission nothing they can do about it when too many fans do it.

Stantons Angel
13-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Hibs have to enforce the NO STANDING rule as it is LAW!

AND (i may be wrong here) if someone does fall and injure themselves in an all seated stadium, liability insurance wont cover them nor the injured person if they are standing.

This is a FIFA ruling that all spectators should be seated, hence the building of and all seated stand, for SITTING!

Some people do prefer to stand at a game BUT why bother when they are in and all seated stadium and they KNOW its going to cause bother?

Then maybe this just what they want to do? :cool2:

Me i just go to watch HIBS!

bawheid
13-09-2010, 03:52 PM

This is a FIFA ruling that all spectators should be seated, hence the building of and all seated stand, for SITTING!

Both statements incorrect.

Number69
13-09-2010, 03:57 PM

AND (i may be wrong here) if someone does fall and injure themselves in an all seated stadium, liability insurance wont cover them nor the injured person if they are standing.

Some people do prefer to stand at a game BUT why bother when they are in and all seated stadium and they KNOW its going to cause bother?

Because if people wanted to sit on their ***** and shout at their team on a Saturday they would stay at home and do it!!!

tamsonsbairn
13-09-2010, 04:28 PM

As :thumbsup:it says on the bottle , Sauce.

Green_one
13-09-2010, 04:31 PM

Might be partly true but people simply have to stand at points in the game, plus entry, exit, refreshments etc. I think the insurers might have a job showing you were standing irresponsibly. :greengrin. IF Hibs were to score (OK unlikely at the moment) would I be risking it by standing to applause? Stand up (but at entirely your own risk) if you hate Jam Tarts. :greengrin

tamsonsbairn
13-09-2010, 04:39 PM

As :thumbsup:it says on the bottle Sauce.

big-mo
13-09-2010, 04:53 PM
An interesting post but i think the majority of people will be coming away from reading it asking the same question as me.... where the hell did you get a picture of Joe Tortolano in a towel from?

Were you hoping for a photo of JT without the towel?

Stantons Angel
13-09-2010, 05:16 PM
I SIT corrected!

Just in case you haven't noticed people do sit and BAWL their heads off.

So glad there are so many clued up people writing on this board. It makes life a wee bitty cheerier.

Many thanks! :greengrin :bye:

Sir David Gray
13-09-2010, 06:25 PM

If that was true, Fir Park would be shut down as Motherwell do not provide any seats for the helpers of disabled supporters.

1875 NO 1
13-09-2010, 06:40 PM
was in a commercial brochure hibs produced at the start of the 1988/89 or close to that date. Other photos is JC, Geebsie and super Joe T eating in Gordon's Tratoria

Got it in the loft.

tamig
13-09-2010, 09:13 PM

Seems a bit dubious. How could someone fall over if they weren't standing? Not very often you see someone keeling off a seat.

How could it be proven if someone was standing or they had just got to their feet to make their way to the bog?

As for the law and not standing, how come this law doesn't apply to the South Stand when it's populated by OF fans? This was even more evident at the end of last season when us Hibbies decanted to the South were told to sit while the OF were largely ignored by the Police and stewards. :bitchy: Disgraceful it was.

As I said, some dubious comments there.

Jamesie
13-09-2010, 09:17 PM
was in a commercial brochure hibs produced at the start of the 1988/89 or close to that date. Other photos is JC, Geebsie and super Joe T eating in Gordon's Tratoria

Got it in the loft.

Joe T was promoting a sunbed salon at the time from memory, which was owned by a good Hibby family if I remember correctly!

proud_and_green
13-09-2010, 09:33 PM
This whole thing is a bit strange, on the one hand when we are remembering someone dead we are encouraged to stand up and clap etc, but you can't stand up and clap the team. Kind of proves the nonsense of the rule and also that there is no legal requirement for people to sit.

snooky
13-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Seems a bit dubious. How could someone fall over if they weren't standing? Not very often you see someone keeling off a seat.

How could it be proven if someone was standing or they had just got to their feet to make their way to the bog?

As for the law and not standing, how come this law doesn't apply to the South Stand when it's populated by OF fans? This was even more evident at the end of last season when us Hibbies decanted to the South were told to sit while the OF were largely ignored by the Police and stewards. :bitchy: Disgraceful it was.
As I said, some dubious comments there.

The Law, as everyone knows, is an :asshole:.

Jack
13-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I would like to see a compromise.
I think supporters should be allowed to stand when they are actively signing.
1. The Taylor Report accepts that there will be times during a match when supporters will get out their seats (although the no standing rule sits within the safety certificate issued for the stadium).
2. For goodness sake when folk sing in church they stand!!!

mcaitchi
13-09-2010, 10:43 PM
" THE TAYLOR REPORT " - correct me if im wrong, but it was some kinda bloody report - is actually NOT a law !!

It was an agreement put forward after the like of hilsborough ...

The germans and dutch adopted most of the report due to crowd safety - but still have standing areas in the stadiums - yet are allowed to compete in uefa / champions league etc....

STANDING, is not in direct violation of any law !! - its probably against your human rights to make sit down for 105 minutes without a break ???

some twat from the sfa said in the gutter press recently - due to dwindling crowds - he was going to have a look at standing again inside stadia - IS this why hibs left the wee bit at the front of the East Stand ???

correct me if im wrong - no doubt i am ...:boo hoo:

KinchHibee
13-09-2010, 10:53 PM
This might be a stupid question with an obvious answer but i'll ask it anyway :greengrin

What makes half time any different from times during the game? I'd say during halftime the majority of supporters are on their feet - not just on the way to the concourse but just generally standing around at their seats :confused:

Stantons Angel
13-09-2010, 11:09 PM
think we are getting away off the track here lads?

we all have to stand up at times,to shout, to take off your jacket even. half time we move around dont we. The whole point is standing when you should be sitting.

You are just splitting hairs here, i think the last poster is right it was the Taylor report and my assumptions may be ill conceived but everyone knows that standing is not permitted.

If you have ever sat in the back row of the away stand at Tynie you will know that you can fall quite easily from those seats, especially if your celebrating a Hibs goal!!!!

As for no one being able to prove you were standing instead of sitting when involved in an accident............... think on the insurance assessor uses all things possible to have a claim or admission of liability turned down!

The subject of just what the old firm supporters get away with in our stadium will always be a point of contention...... The Hibs support are treated like dirt in Glasgow but old firm support are untouchable in Edinburgh..............

They should make some sort of law around that too!!!!!:confused:

Antifa Hibs
13-09-2010, 11:36 PM
I can see me chucking fitba (and Hibs) in a few years. Trophies and wins mean **** all to me, the whole day out is more important and thats getting ruined week by week. Getting how we support our fitba team dictated by some ****s who havn't stepped foot in a football ground until they took their job as Chief Exec or what have ye.

Fans not allowed to stand on health and safety grounds FFS, fans not allowed to go out for a smoke, stupid databases the lists go on. Alot of utter ******!!!

monktonharp
14-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I can see me chucking fitba (and Hibs) in a few years. Trophies and wins mean **** all to me, the whole day out is more important and thats getting ruined week by week. Getting how we support our fitba team dictated by some ****s who havn't stepped foot in a football ground until they took their job as Chief Exec or what have ye.

Fans not allowed to stand on health and safety grounds FFS, fans not allowed to go out for a smoke, stupid databases the lists go on. Alot of utter ******!!!:protest::agree:spot on mate,I'm getting more bored by the week,sometimes feels like a f/kin morgue and that's why Imoved from the FFS,but last week in the East it was worse! feart tae open yir mooth at times,unless you apset a bairn,shout to loud and annoy someone 2 rows in front etc. the fitba' world is no the same one we had,10 years ago

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2010, 10:59 AM

Fans not allowed to stand on health and safety grounds FFS, fans not allowed to go out for a smoke, stupid databases the lists go on. Alot of utter ******!!!

Modern life is rubbish. :agree:

Grown men in replica strips, mobile phones, wide screen tellies, karaoke, women at the football, CCTV, the X Factor.

I hate the bloody lot. They'll be telling us we can't send kids up chimneys next.

Phil MaGlass
14-09-2010, 11:37 AM
think we are getting away off the track here lads?

we all have to stand up at times,to shout, to take off your jacket even. half time we move around dont we. The whole point is standing when you should be sitting.

You are just splitting hairs here, i think the last poster is right it was the Taylor report and my assumptions may be ill conceived but everyone knows that standing is not permitted.
If you have ever sat in the back row of the away stand at Tynie you will know that you can fall quite easily from those seats, especially if your celebrating a Hibs goal!!!!

As for no one being able to prove you were standing instead of sitting when involved in an accident............... think on the insurance assessor uses all things possible to have a claim or admission of liability turned down!

The subject of just what the old firm supporters get away with in our stadium will always be a point of contention...... The Hibs support are treated like dirt in Glasgow but old firm support are untouchable in Edinburgh..............

They should make some sort of law around that too!!!!!:confused:

Not wanting to be one of these guys who analyse everything said but I think the Taylor report recommended stadium should be all seated, not that fans had to sit? Im sure if Im wrong someone will help me out:greengrin

dangermouse
14-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Modern life is rubbish. :agree:

Grown men in replica strips, mobile phones, wide screen tellies, karaoke, women at the football, CCTV, the X Factor.

I hate the bloody lot. They'll be telling us we can't send kids up chimneys next.

OMG! I should have checked before bricking up the fireplace in the livingroom! That could explain my son's disappearance!

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Because if people wanted to sit on their ***** and shout at their team on a Saturday they would stay at home and do it!!!

Need a bloody big living room mate. :greengrin

OMG! I should have checked before bricking up the fireplace in the livingroom! That could explain my son's disappearance!

It's PC gone mad!!!

Thigh ar la
14-09-2010, 01:14 PM

:top marks

snooky
14-09-2010, 06:08 PM

Totally agree :agree:.
Alas, it's not just football, it's everywhere. Orwell was right.
It's all driven by lawyers and insurance liability. Whenever you fall over it's not your fault you clumsy oaf, it's somebody elses.
Sue 'em, sue 'em, sue 'em, sue 'em ....... :grr:

DavieRoy
15-09-2010, 06:51 AM
I have enjoyed going to Scotland games in the crowd more in the past few years than Hibs games.

The North Stand at Hampden holds around 15000-18000, everybody stands, the police can do nothing and don't want to do anything about it and there is no trouble or hassle and it's a good day out except the results (usually). Try it in the North stand when Hibs are at Hampden, boy that's tough.

Keith_M
15-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Just now, I'm suffering a back problem which means I have to sit, so I'd hate it if some pill*ck was standing in front of me the whole game. However, my normal preference would be to stand, and yes I miss the terracing.

I think the debate about standing boils down to choice. You should be able to choose if you want to sit or stand, but those standing shouldn't block the view of people sitting down.

That to me suggests there should be dedicated standing areas in ALL stadia, just as they have in other countries with no trouble at all. The Bundesliga even has a minimum requirement for percentage of standing places in its stadia. I haven't seen anything in the news about a Hillsborough type disaster over there recently.