PDA

View Full Version : Yams Shock as yams fail to make top 20 most supported clubs!

jamiehibee
13-09-2010, 12:29 PM
What a turn of events for the "big team" almost as if they're not as big as they think they are, how could this have happened??

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2010/09/10/2112732/study-reveals-barcelona-and-real-madrid-have-the-most-fans

MSK
13-09-2010, 12:40 PM
To be fair ..when it comes to crowds we aint exactly selling oot either ..i dont mind mocking the tramps from the big pink bus shelter but this attempt seems a bit futile ..

Sorry ..:rolleyes:

bobbyhibs1983
13-09-2010, 12:45 PM
come on folks, please move alone nothing to see here, total non story , as they say

either that or thee is a huge blunder inwitch heartz will instantly complain:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Other breaking news - Pope on sell out stadium tour to 99% Catholic audience......Bears not in biggest buyer of toilet roll category.....

Hakim Sar
13-09-2010, 01:13 PM
just a rubbish survey and a total non story really

im a hibs supporter and an arsenal fan - nobody has asked me to contribute. doubt chelsea are better supported than arsenal and even spurs for that matter. would also imagine liverpool have broader appeal than the aforementioned. as for the survey being outwith boundaries of countries i would imagine there are a fair few eejits in mainly attracted to chelseas superstars.

per head per capita and the ugly sisters would be right at the top

The_Todd
13-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I failed to notice those global giants Celtc and Rangers. Surely some mistake?

Since90+2
13-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Have to say that list is a load of nonsense. How exactly do they calculate Barcelona have 57.8 MILLION fans!?

Also no danger are Chelsea the 4th biggest supported club in Europe , they'd be lucky if they are 4th biggest in Britain.

basehibby
13-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Bit of a joke study really - should be a table of armchair glory hunters rather than actual football fans.

I would expect a football fan to actually attend a game of the team they "support" from time to time for example - I know the Nou Camp is a big stadium but I think even they would struggle to accomodate 57 million :bye:

As for Chelsea - if Abramovich upped sticks and they had to offload all their stars or go bust, I think we'd see how many real supporters they have in that scenario.

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I've heard they don't count Hearts fans living in houses.

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2010, 05:40 PM
what a pile of tosh.

Example ... Juventus have 13.1 million fans.

Its been about 6 months or so since I have seen one of their home games on TV but every time one is on the crowd is pants for a supposedl giant of the European game.

In fact I am sure something was said a few years back about Juve leaving Turin coz their crowds were so poor.

No offence intended to Juve fans, just using this as an example to show what a load of keek this sort of survey is.

Perhaps Juve do have 13 million fans and Chelsea are the 4th best supported team in Europe. But if these ' fans ' aint paying to watch the team then there isnt a lot of point to them, is there ?

Final point.

When you look at the clubs in this survey and the fact that the cities they, come from dont have populations of anywhere near the size of their supposed number of supporters, or if they do there are a number of other clubs in the same city or area, it proves one thing:

ALL OVER EUROPE THE CULT OF THE GLORY HUNTER IS ALIVE AND KICKING !!!