PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak iphones

Barman Stanton
13-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Has anyone jailbroke their iphone? Having seen some of the apps you can get once its hacked Im very tempted. Im just not sure what the risks are. Anyone had any problems once its been jailbroken...?

Ritchie
13-09-2010, 01:37 PM
i tried it a few times but couldnt get it to work.

a few of my mates have done it sucessfully and had no problems.....

im going to give it another try soon.

Barman Stanton
13-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Iv been thinking about it for a while, but my worry is that if anything happens to the phone they wouldn't replace it since it's been hacked. But haven seen the NES emulator I'm very tempted....

bongo'd
15-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I have jailbroke my iPhone and I have to say it is defo worth it. No need to worry about anyone finding out if it has been jailbroke as you can always just restore the factory settings, which was my main concern, perfect!!

Barman Stanton
16-09-2010, 12:00 PM
What version are you on Bongo'd. Im on 4.1 and have heard its harder to jailbreak than previous versions.

bongo'd
16-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I am on os 3.1.3. Upgraded to os4.0 but found that it totally slowed down my 3g, it was hopeless!! I believe 4.1 has fixed that problem for the 3g but I don't wanna lose the jailbreak as I believe they have not got a fix for it yet. As soon as they do I will upgrade and rejailbreak.

BTW I wouldn't recommend trying to downgrade OS as it took me ages. I will bump this post back up if I hear of a way to jailbreak with os4.1.

Barman Stanton
17-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I am on os 3.1.3. Upgraded to os4.0 but found that it totally slowed down my 3g, it was hopeless!! I believe 4.1 has fixed that problem for the 3g but I don't wanna lose the jailbreak as I believe they have not got a fix for it yet. As soon as they do I will upgrade and rejailbreak.

BTW I wouldn't recommend trying to downgrade OS as it took me ages. I will bump this post back up if I hear of a way to jailbreak with os4.1.

Cheers mate. Aye, I was on 4.0 as well and reverted back due to the slowdown. I am now on 4.1 and its actually faster than it was previously.