PDA

View Full Version : Valdas Trakys - Signing Now Confirmed

down the slope
13-09-2010, 11:28 AM
As in the E N.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-set-to-sign-Lithuanian.6528413.jp

Andy74
13-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Evening News saying he is signing today, although deal was done before Duffy's injury. I wonder if that means we are still looking at another even if for a short period or if this is us?

I'd have to say that we have pretty much filled the areas we all thought we needed this window.

Two physical centre halfs, a left back, a right back, a physical striker, a striker with pace and movement and a midfielder who gets forward (let's not restart the De Graaf debate just yet!)

We've also gone some way to addressing the Hogg, Rankin and Nish not quite good enough situations and Murray has been shown no leeway over recent performances.

I think the loans out have also been sensible even if they could have found themsleves near the team with the way things have gone with the likes of Byrne, Booth and McCann should now be in a position to come right back in and fight for places.

Spike Mandela
13-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Evening News saying he is signing today, although deal was done before Duffy's injury. I wonder if that means we are still looking at another even if for a short period or if this is us?

I'd have to say that we have pretty much filled the areas we all thought we needed this window.

Two physical centre halfs, a left back, a right back, a physical striker, a striker with pace and movement and a midfielder who gets forward (let's not restart the De Graaf debate just yet!)

We've also gone some way to addressing the Hogg, Rankin and Nish not quite good enough situations and Murray has been shown no leeway over recent performances.

I think the loans out have also been sensible even if they could have found themsleves near the team with the way things have gone with the likes of Byrne, Booth and McCann should now be in a position to come right back in and fight for places.

Do you work at ER Andy?

Every one of your posts reads like an Easter Road press release:greengrin

ancienthibby
13-09-2010, 11:42 AM

Much to agree with there!:agree:

Though there are a raft of anti-Yogi posters (deluded lost yambolinos as well!) active on these boards, Yogi made a courageous (if overdue) team selection on Saturday. Now, if he could get subs policy right, we could well see the season turning for us, though our own collective efforts!:thumbsup:

steviecarnie
13-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Yogi made a courageous (if overdue) team selection on Saturday.

Still one major thing he needs to change - GALBRAITH when is he gonna get his chance, i dunno how its not obvious to Yogi, but we're so narrow you could throw a net over the whole Hibs team, Witherspoon spent more time on the opposite side he was suppose to be on. Make that change and we could be on to something, no? My opinion of course and im no football manager but Galbraith was on 20minutes on sat (if that) and i thought he was our best player.

Love the Green
13-09-2010, 12:08 PM

Though there are a raft of anti-Yogi posters (deluded lost yambolinos as well!) active on these boards, Yogi made a courageous (if overdue) team selection on Saturday. Now, if he could get subs policy right, we could well see the season turning for us, though our own collective efforts!:thumbsup:

You having a laugh what was courageous about dropping Hogg and Hanlon to bring in 2 new signings..the fans were screaming for these chnages for months ...courageous would have been dropping Nish and puttingGalbraith up front as duffy injured himself..

"keep the faith":wink:

degenerated
13-09-2010, 12:09 PM
good stuff, if he hasnt scored by half time on saturday he's getting roundly booed by me. that's for sure :agree:

Andy74
13-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Still one major thing he needs to change - GALBRAITH when is he gonna get his chance, i dunno how its not obvious to Yogi, but we're so narrow you could throw a net over the whole Hibs team, Witherspoon spent more time on the opposite side he was suppose to be on. Make that change and we could be on to something, no? My opinion of course and im no football manager but Galbraith was on 20minutes on sat (if that) and i thought he was our best player.

I think he handled Galbraith okay so far. He now looks ready, where he didn't last year, and can't be too far away from starting. Hughes is certainly giving him more time.

Notice Hughes talking about Riordan up front which could see Galbraith coming in fora more of a shout.

houston1875
13-09-2010, 12:20 PM

We are indeed screaming out for width,if we get that sorted it would solve a few other problems,plus just wanna say how laid back is mr grounds and he got a well tidy left foot!!

Joe's ice cream
13-09-2010, 12:28 PM

I'm in shock - a well constructed and thought out post..........unfortuantly not the norm anymore on here!!

HibbyAndy
13-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Anyone know how long a contract he signed?

Woody70x2
13-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Anyone know how long a contract he signed?

It was quoted before it would be a 1 year deal?

Anyway, regardless of this boys fitness hopefully he replaces 'streak of pash' on Saturday.

ShanksSaidNo
13-09-2010, 12:58 PM

Courageous is a bit much is it no? Yogi picked the team that should have been playing and dropped the player (Hogg) that we've all been sayin he should for weeks! if it hadn't been for Duffy gettin injured i don't think Nish would have played either. I think he's slowly but surely coming to his senses!

Calvin
13-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Good news that we have signed a striker.

I watch a lot of Greek football as I am a big Olympiacos fan and Panserraikos really are awful. I have a bit of a concern that we are signing a player released by them but I will give him the benefit of the doubt as all players start with a blank canvas as far as I'm concerned.

truehibernian
13-09-2010, 01:15 PM
I think he walked out on them calvino. Hopefully because he saw they were awful mind and not cos he was :greengrin

skipster7
13-09-2010, 01:23 PM
It was quoted before it would be a 1 year deal?

Anyway, regardless of this boys fitness hopefully he replaces 'streak of pash' on Saturday.
the same " streak of pash" who played a major part in the goal, the penalty, the de graff miss,wotherspoons shot and galbraiths shot near the end ?

FWIW i thought nish and deek linked up quite well on saturday but its overshadowed when he mis-controls a pass or ends up on his erchie.easy target.

Calvin
13-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I think he walked out on them calvino. Hopefully because he saw they were awful mind and not cos he was :greengrin

That sounds a bit better then!

Although, to be fair to Panserraikos, they had a very very very jammy cup result against us last season :furious:

Green_one
13-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Lets hope he is good.

We have needed a centre forward with some experience for some time.

12 months sounds fine too.

Andy74
13-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Courageous is a bit much is it no? Yogi picked the team that should have been playing and dropped the player (Hogg) that we've all been sayin he should for weeks! if it hadn't been for Duffy gettin injured i don't think Nish would have played either. I think he's slowly but surely coming to his senses!

The thing is, it's a long term plan and he couldn't drop people until the right replacements were available. I agree with the principle of waiting until the player who is the best fit for what you are looking for is in place.

Hughes will have had this in mind since he arrived, and he still thimks we've two years to go until we get there so to say he's just coming to his senses is grossly unfair.

Golden Bear
13-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Quite frankly if Yogi had the pick of the best players in the world I still very much doubt if he could turn them into a winning side.

All in my humble opinion of course.

Jim Herriot
13-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Valdas was top scorer in Lithuania's top division last year, with 20 goals from 28 games.

Welcome to Hibs, home of the greatest fans in the world.

PS Booooo, ye're pish.

bighairyfaeleith
13-09-2010, 01:53 PM
the same " streak of pash" who played a major part in the goal, the penalty, the de graff miss,wotherspoons shot and galbraiths shot near the end ?

FWIW i thought nish and deek linked up quite well on saturday but its overshadowed when he mis-controls a pass or ends up on his erchie.easy target.

maybe he should stop doing it then:confused:

Woody70x2
13-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Nish is an easy target, but he continual inability to control the ball is beyond belief. Nish is powder puff too... maybe he does not get some of the decisions against him, but he needs to grow a set.

CmoantheHibs
13-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Andy74 Great post.Its the first time in a while that Ive managed to read all the posts without wanting to slit my wrists.I think having a big centre forward that can hold up the ball and link things up will serve us very well.I also think Duffys pace would serve us well.Shame about the injury but Yogi is starting to get a decent squad together which will give him options that he hasnt had previously.I think Galbraith will get his chance shortly and he will be itching to take it.No bad thing.We havent carried much luck so far this season but I think soon that will change and we will go on a good run.Dont think the moaning will stop though:dizzy:

Speedway
13-09-2010, 02:17 PM
An all new Yogi XI like this against the Accies would get my interest.

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Bamba
Grounds

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trackies
Riordan

Andy74
13-09-2010, 02:20 PM

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Bamba
Grounds

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trackies
Riordan

Yep, decent team but I think Nish will be certain to start next week at the moment! His time is coming though. I did shout 'you're next' a number of times to him on Saturday!

CmoantheHibs
13-09-2010, 02:22 PM
It may also get Yogis interest if Trakys signs and is fit.I think many people would like to see that team play in that formation.

goosano
13-09-2010, 02:24 PM

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Bamba
Grounds

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trackies
Riordan

Spot on. Whatever you say about Yogi he has identified our problem areas and brought in signings to try and remedy them

ahibby
13-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Off topic, I thought Nish did okay on Saturday. Sure a few things didn't go right for him but he did a lot of good things never the less. Anyone expecting everything to go right for him considering the role he has isn't being realistic. I said to myself well done Colin more times than I said awch ya big lump o wid.

Craig_in_Prague
13-09-2010, 02:28 PM

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Bamba
Grounds

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trackies
Riordan

Yes, Please!!!! :top marks

ancienthibby
13-09-2010, 02:31 PM

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Bamba
Grounds

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trackies
Riordan

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speedway
13-09-2010, 02:33 PM
No headline writer worth their salt should miss the opportunity to lead with 'Trakys Ready for The Accies' this week.

Golden Bear
13-09-2010, 02:33 PM

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Bamba
Grounds

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trackies
Riordan

:agree:

A nicely balanced team that should do the business.

truehibernian
13-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Mmmm, am I alone in beginning to think that McBride and Miller together is not working as they are starting to play the same role ? Miller for me is at his best going forward, perhaps away from the winning the ball back bit (he can't tackle for toffee). I would maybe drop De Graffe, put in Ian Murray. Murray and McBride together with Miller and Galbraith. DW rested for a couple of games with perhaps sub roles to get his confidence back. Hamilton have quite a physical midfield at present so it would maybe be wise to have a couple of diggers in there.

hibsboy90
13-09-2010, 02:36 PM
That all Yogi XI looks interesting. Just a disappointed to see only 1 homegrown player (Deek) in that side.

Frogga
13-09-2010, 03:34 PM
good stuff, if he hasnt scored by half time on saturday he's getting roundly booed by me. that's for sure :agree:

I'll be booing him if he dares to miss a shot in the warm-up or doesn't pull his socks up Henry-esque before the game :wink:

Cropley10
13-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Bamba
Grounds

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trackies
Riordan

So only Deek and Sol are Mixu signings the rest are all Yogi's. Can't say he's not had the backing.

BTW was it you Speedway who used to do the cryptic nicknames for players last season?

HibbyAndy
13-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Anyone ken the fellae's goal per game ratio?

Andy74
13-09-2010, 04:37 PM

Something like 63 goals in 208 games. When getting regular fooball it goes up a fair bit with spells of 25 goals in 49 and 26 in 51.

HibbyAndy
13-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Something like 63 goals in 208 games. When getting regular fooball it goes up a fair bit with spells of 25 goals in 49 and 26 in 51.

Thats not too shabby.

Would ***** love it if he got the winner against the Pinksters..Could you imagine Romanov's puss :hilarious

iwasthere1972
13-09-2010, 04:43 PM

He scored 26 goals in 51 games (two seasons) for FK Ekranas during 2008-2010 so still capable of knocking them in. :agree:

No point going back too far as he's obviously improved with age. A bit like Nish.

Mikey
13-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Presumably the delay in announcing the signing is down to awaiting international clearance.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes straight into the team on Saturday. He's been training at East Mains for some time now and he'll know the players better than Grounds did.

HibbyAndy
13-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Presumably the delay in announcing the signing is down to awaiting international clearance.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes straight into the team on Saturday. He's been training at East Mains for some time now and he'll know the players better than Grounds did.

The boy sounds a decent attribute to the sqaud Mikey, My only slight concern is the chat being he is only getting a 1 year deal ?..If the lad looks half decent then how come we are only offering him a 1 year contract.

basehibby
13-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Good luck and welcome to the Hibees Mr Trackies!

I sincerely wish that...

a) You have a succesful time at ER

b) You get off to a good start

c) If you don't manage b) then you're not crucified by some of the eejits in the stand who missed out on too many pantos as children and are determinedly trying to make up for it now.

Mikey
13-09-2010, 05:02 PM
The boy sounds a decent attribute to the sqaud Mikey, My only slight concern is the chat being he is only getting a 1 year deal ?..If the lad looks half decent then how come we are only offering him a 1 year contract.

Same reason why everyone else was offered a one year deal.

Don't know the reason for that either though :greengrin

ancienthibby
13-09-2010, 05:03 PM

A distinct message to Yogi from the Board, I would think!!

stubru59
13-09-2010, 05:20 PM

Because even when they've got a three year deal, there's no guarantee they'll hang around.

HibbyAndy
13-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Because even when they've got a three year deal, there's no guarantee they'll hang around.

Aye but we would get a fee for him if he was half decent and moved on before his contract expired.

hibbiedon
13-09-2010, 05:28 PM

:top marks glad someone else actually watched what was going on:top marks

stubru59
13-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Aye but we would get a fee for him if he was half decent and moved on before his contract expired.

True. But given his age and his track record we've not exactly unearthed a gem.

Arch Stanton
13-09-2010, 05:45 PM

"a raft of anti-Yogi posters" ????

Just because I would prefer to see someone better managing the club doesn't make me anti-Yogi.

After all, if Yogi prefers not to have IM in his team it does make him anti-IM does it?

Do you not think there would be fewer negative comments about Yogi if there were fewer jibes like this?

My view on Hughes is based on things he has done and said. It seems that your opinion of him is based on something he might do in the future - hardly solid ground in my view.

Anyway, best wishes to the Lithuanian.

(On a totally different topic I am just watching an American Football coach on ESPN and he came out with "OK. the next exercises are not for the prima donnas so if you are a prima donna you don't have to do these!", )

Spike Mandela
13-09-2010, 06:42 PM
He sounds like an alternative to Nish as opposed to a replacement for Stokes or Duffy unfortunately which kind of means we're still a striker short if you Know what I mean.

Can't see him and Nish in the same line up.

Albion Hibs
13-09-2010, 06:52 PM

Same old forum gash, were certain fans seem to give more support to players who have not yet signed, ones we have signed but have they never seen play, those that come from what might be a "bigger club", players they have never even heard of, and players the will maybe, maybe sign - over and above those who have played, performed and are part of the club you "support".

You comment on how we have filled all of these positons and then say bring back the loan boys - why? So they can sit on the bench at best? Leave them were they are, they are all getting experience and more and more of a desire to play week in week out.

What a load of nonsense.

Big Frank
13-09-2010, 07:02 PM
I would LOVE this guy to be a revelation. The yams have had 3,000 dud liths, how good if the greenjerseys sign 1 and he's a belter!!:faf:

down the slope
13-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Let's just hope that he helps complete a part of the "jigsaw", after all Alan Gordon was hardly setting the heather on fire before he signed for us-if only he is half as good.

Speedway
13-09-2010, 07:23 PM
So only Deek and Sol are Mixu signings the rest are all Yogi's. Can't say he's not had the backing.

BTW was it you Speedway who used to do the cryptic nicknames for players last season?

Cow

Stephanie
Miss Jones
Proclaimer
Tam

Frampton
Joe
Windy
Walter

Spikey
Rio

Nope, wasn't me.

Jim44
13-09-2010, 07:48 PM
I take it that this thread is pure speculation based on a David Hardie rumour. :dunno:

Alex Trager
13-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I take it that this thread is pure speculation based on a David Hardie rumour. :dunno:
i believe so

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
13-09-2010, 08:03 PM
If the guy has the ability to hold the ball up properly that will do for me. Said at the time when Stokes was sold that we were never going to get a 23 goal striker to replace him, however if we cud get a big strong guy who could bring others in to the game it could possibly make us a better all round team. Deek guarentees you about 15, even from the left if played there, Duffy scored goals before in the spl and will do again when fit. Hopefully this guy is the missing link, bring the likes of Miller in to the game who i think is capable of getting you 6 to 8 goals if played in his proper role.

Prof. Shaggy
13-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Cow

Stephanie
Miss Jones
Proclaimer
Tam

Frampton
Joe
Windy
Walter

Spikey
Rio

Nope, wasn't me.

Don't you mean Hammill?

BEEJ
13-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Post #42 would suggest that there's more to it than just press speculation.

Kaiser1962
14-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Same reason why everyone else was offered a one year deal.

Don't know the reason for that either though :greengrin

I think age comes into it as well. He's 31 now and, I think, 32 before the end of the season. He's had a few long hard seasons under his belt and I think the club want to see how he holds up to the rigours of the Scottish game.

Or there could be another reason....:greengrin

J-C
14-09-2010, 07:11 AM

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Bamba
Grounds

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Trackies
Riordan

:top marks
Lets hope to god he doesn't play his 4-3-3 and play Trakys with Nish and have Riordan back in midfield.:confused:

Spike Mandela
14-09-2010, 07:54 AM
I would LOVE this guy to be a revelation. The yams have had 3,000 dud liths, how good if the greenjerseys sign 1 and he's a belter!!:faf:

I hope he's a dirty, cheating, diving bassa like the rest of them and he dives for a winning penalty against the Hearts. Karma:greengrin

Last Minute
14-09-2010, 08:12 AM
on the official site now.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100914/trakys-joins-hibernian_2262950_2153341

Hibbyradge
14-09-2010, 08:17 AM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100914/trakys-joins-hibernian_2262950_2153341

Cropley10
14-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Good to see Yogi's not letting the opportunity to use a few cliches get away from him:greengrin

"Valdas is a player who has been on our radar for a while now and, over the past week, we have been able to run the rule over his credentials and he certainly fits the bill"

Dashing Bob S
14-09-2010, 09:33 AM
But does he Trakys backys enough to be considered for the Lithuanian national side?

Spike Mandela
14-09-2010, 09:58 AM
But does he Trakys backys enough to be considered for the Lithuanian national side?

Heard he plays with a pair of Trakys on under his shorts. Wimp

bighairyfaeleith
14-09-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm going to be traking his progress very closely

Golden Bear
14-09-2010, 10:23 AM
I hope he turns out to be a star Traky.

sambajustice
14-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Here's hoping he scores a couple of Hat Trakys against the Yam bams!

Sprouleflyer
14-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Another Romanov puppet :grr:

:wink::greengrin

TrickyNicky
14-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Here's hoping he scores a couple of Hat Trakys against the Yam bams!

Mibbe they could put Smokey Robinson's Trackys of my tears " over the tannoy when he scores.

Wotherspiniesta
14-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Welcome to the club Valdas

Baldy Foghorn
14-09-2010, 11:00 AM
good luck Valdas, if you don't score 3 on your debut, you will get it tight on here....:wink::devil:

keep the faith
14-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Good to see Yogi's not letting the opportunity to use a few cliches get away from him:greengrin

"Valdas is a player who has been on our radar for a while now and, over the past week, we have been able to run the rule over his credentials and he certainly fits the bill"

But will he be resolute?? Sure he will offer bits and pieces to the football club though.

Craig_in_Prague
14-09-2010, 11:08 AM
If he is big and strong, he'll probably piss himself laughing when Yogi tells him he's brought in to compete with Nish.

I'm sure he'll do OK..... I sure hope so.... Hold off defenders, slip in Deeks and we're onto a winner. :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
14-09-2010, 11:20 AM

was thinking the exact same thing:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
14-09-2010, 11:22 AM
How about giving him a Scottish nickname, the thought of the name Valdas just makes me think Yam.:jamboak:

bighairyfaeleith
14-09-2010, 11:24 AM
How about giving him a Scottish nickname, the thought of the name Valdas just makes me think Yam.:jamboak:

Shellsuit?

TrickyNicky
14-09-2010, 11:25 AM

What about Exxon for Exxon Valdez.

Hopefully just as slick !

Cue Basil Brush people !!:offski:

Wembley67
14-09-2010, 11:25 AM
He could be an agent sent by Romanov...

Part/Time Supporter
14-09-2010, 11:32 AM
But will he be resolute?? Sure he will offer bits and pieces to the football club though.

and bring that underdog mentality to the striker school.

Crazyhorse
14-09-2010, 11:41 AM

So ...

Valdas is Coming...

We could call him Burt...

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I've done quite a bit of moaning about Hogg as captain the lack of players to fill positions such as the OP mentions. Things are looking up slightly I have to confess although i'd like to see him stick with one goalie (BROWN). I'd also like to see him making better decisions tactically. Some of the decisions he's made in the past have been baffling to say the least.

I've went from being a supporter of Yogi, to then shouting for his head. I'm now starting to think he might just might have a master plan.

I'm now willing to now give him more time simply because I like the fact he's dropped Hogg, he's brought players in we badly needed.

I really hope we can start making some on field progress now. although I'm no expecting miracles!:scarf:

proud_and_green
14-09-2010, 12:05 PM
The thing is, it's a long term plan and he couldn't drop people until the right replacements were available. I agree with the principle of waiting until the player who is the best fit for what you are looking for is in place.

Hughes will have had this in mind since he arrived, and he still thimks we've two years to go until we get there so to say he's just coming to his senses is grossly unfair.

If that is the case why did he make him skipper then?

down the slope
14-09-2010, 12:09 PM
We have not had a proper target man since old chocolate ankles left for Celtic, we certainly missed him when he got injured and was out for the rest of that season, lets hope this one can bring players into the game with his physical presence.

500miles
14-09-2010, 12:28 PM
If that is the case why did he make him skipper then?

During JC's time and Mixu's time at Hibs Hogg was generally a good performer - POTY awards, cup winners medals, calls for him to be made captain etc. His performances trailed off after Jones' departure - the two players both seemed to benefit from thier partnership, as Jones also had a number partnerships that didn't work out.

Hogg's current form is exactly that - he's going through something of a rough patch - much as many decent players do PRIOR to signing for Hibs, which is usually why we manage to get them. There's still a good player in Hogg, whether it is to be shown here with Hibs or elsewhere.

Hibernia Na Eir
14-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the Hibee Nation Family Valdas

Im sure you'll prove a million times better than Andrius "Mr Benn" Velikca :agree:

GreenPJ
14-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Good to see BBC get it wrong again and even worse they contradict themselves in the same article:

"Hibs have signed Lithuania striker Valdas Trakys on loan until the end of the season.

The 31-year-old had been on trial with the Edinburgh club, following his release from Greek side Panserraikos"

Hibs On Tour
14-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Good to see BBC get it wrong again and even worse they contradict themselves in the same article:

"Hibs have signed Lithuania striker Valdas Trakys on loan until the end of the season.

The 31-year-old had been on trial with the Edinburgh club, following his release from Greek side Panserraikos"

I was wondering about that wee one as well!

For me, getting players in one one-year deals is either Yogi saying "they're not what I ultimately want but they'll do a turn for us for a season" or the board saying "we're hedging our bets with Yogi for the time being". I'm hoping its the former as that would go some way to allaying fears regarding the level of players brought in perhaps?

Sir David Gray
14-09-2010, 01:53 PM
I was wondering about that wee one as well!

For me, getting players in one one-year deals is either Yogi saying "they're not what I ultimately want but they'll do a turn for us for a season" or the board saying "we're hedging our bets with Yogi for the time being". I'm hoping its the former as that would go some way to allaying fears regarding the level of players brought in perhaps?

:agree: I certainly hope so too. After the signing of Trakys, I now make that SIXTEEN first team players at Hibs who will now be out of contract over the next 12 months. Hughes may well have a massive rebuilding job on his hands in the summer.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-09-2010, 02:06 PM
:agree: I certainly hope so too. After the signing of Trakys, I now make that SIXTEEN first team players at Hibs who will now be out of contract over the next 12 months. Hughes may well have a massive rebuilding job on his hands in the summer.:agree: I was going to start a new thread about that.

It's quite frightening the amount of players out of contract next summer. I hope Hibs/Yogi know what they're doing?

I dunno if this list is accurate:

John Rankin
Chris Hogg
Derek Riordan
Sol Bamba
Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Steven Thicot
Zemmama
Kevin McBride
Danial Galbraith
Liam Miller
Francis Dickoh
Valdas Trakys
Kurtis Byrne

Loans
-----
Darryl Duffy
Jonathan Grounds

At The Edge
14-09-2010, 02:14 PM
:agree: I was going to start a new thread about that.

It's quite frightening the amount of players out of contract next summer. I hope Hibs/Yogi know what they're doing?

John Rankin
Chris Hogg
Derek Riordan
Sol Bamba
Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Steven Thicot
Zemmama
Kevin McBride
Danial Galbraith
Liam Miller
Francis Dickoh
Valdas Trakys
Kurtis Byrne

Loans
-----
Darryl Duffy
Jonathan Grounds

hes only 6 months unless Boro let us keep him all season.

it is worrying, i would hope the board start talking soon to these players out of contract in the summer, if they are not already...

Sir David Gray
14-09-2010, 02:20 PM

John Rankin
Chris Hogg
Derek Riordan
Sol Bamba
Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Steven Thicot
Zemmama
Kevin McBride
Danial Galbraith
Liam Miller
Francis Dickoh
Valdas Trakys
Kurtis Byrne

Loans
-----
Darryl Duffy
Jonathan Grounds

You can also add Colin Nish to that list.

That means that, out of the current squad, only the following players have a contract beyond this summer;

GOALKEEPER

Mark Brown

DEFENCE

Michael Hart
Paul Hanlon
David Stephens

MIDFIELD

Edwin De Graaf
Lewis Stevenson? :dunno:
David Wotherspoon

STRIKERS

NONE

LancashireHibby
14-09-2010, 02:25 PM

That means that, out of the current squad, only the following players have a contract beyond this summer;

GOALKEEPER

Mark Brown

DEFENCE

Michael Hart
Paul Hanlon
David Stephens

MIDFIELD

Edwin De Graaf
David Wotherspoon

STRIKERS

NONE

Is that a bad thing? Gives us a chance to clear out the deadwood rather than having them tied to long contracts.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-09-2010, 02:28 PM

GOALKEEPER

Mark Brown

DEFENCE

Michael Hart
Paul Hanlon
David Stephens

MIDFIELD

Edwin De Graaf
David Wotherspoon

STRIKERS

NONEThat's pretty much what we're left with. I'm not 100% sure if Graeme Smith is out of contract and i think Ian Murray signed until 2012, i could be mistaken?

I think Hibs plan could possibly be to bring through a batch of youngsters and supplement them with new signings, or re-signings.

Due to the recent wage increases, i can't see Hibs offering too many players increased contracts next year, but who knows?

matty_f
14-09-2010, 02:33 PM

John Rankin
Chris Hogg
Derek Riordan
Sol Bamba
Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Steven Thicot
Zemmama
Kevin McBride
Danial Galbraith
Liam Miller
Francis Dickoh
Valdas Trakys
Kurtis Byrne

Loans
-----
Darryl Duffy
Jonathan Grounds

There are a few amongst them that we would do well to let their contracts run out and let them go.

That would free up wages to replace them with (hopefully) better players.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Is that a bad thing? Gives us a chance to clear out the deadwood rather than having them tied to long contracts.

I'm not too unhappy about Thicot, Rankin and Hogg etc being out of contract but I would rather have Riordan, Miller, Bamba and Zemmama on contracts beyond next summer. We will have great difficulty in replacing these players, not to mention also trying to replace the goals that we have lost through Stokes' departure.

matty_f
14-09-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm not too unhappy about Thicot, Rankin and Hogg etc being out of contract but I would rather have Riordan, Miller, Bamba and Zemmama on contracts beyond next summer. We will have great difficulty in replacing these players, not to mention also trying to replace the goals that we have lost through Stokes' departure.

I would imagine that talks with some of these players will happen sooner rather than later.

sambajustice
14-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Why would you want to stick with the majority of a team that takes you down to the first division anyway???

Sir David Gray
14-09-2010, 02:38 PM
That's pretty much what we're left with. I'm not 100% sure if Graeme Smith is out of contract and i think Ian Murray signed until 2012, i could be mistaken?

I think Hibs plan could possibly be to bring through a batch of youngsters and supplement them with new signings, or re-signings.

Due to the recent wage increases, i can't see Hibs offering too many players increased contracts next year, but who knows?

Sorry you're quite correct about Murray, he did sign until 2012. I actually looked him up a few minutes ago, I've no idea why I didn't put him down.

However, Graeme Smith is definitely out of contract in the summer.

robinp
14-09-2010, 02:41 PM

With all the Lith loans going to the bus shelter, I can see how the BBC got confused that a Lith player could ACTUALLY sign a permanent deal with a club!

matty_f
14-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Why would you want to stick with the majority of a team that takes you down to the first division anyway???

We're 2 points off 3rd!!

BEEJ
14-09-2010, 02:45 PM
:agree: I certainly hope so too. After the signing of Trakys, I now make that SIXTEEN first team players at Hibs who will now be out of contract over the next 12 months. Hughes may well have a massive rebuilding job on his hands in the summer.
I make it now NINETEEN players out of the 27 in the first team squad (not including the six out on loan) out of contract by next summer. You will always get some players in this category but a ratio of 70% is high by anyone's standards.

John Rankin
Chris Hogg
Derek Riordan
Sol Bamba
Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Steven Thicot
Zemmama
Kevin McBride
Danial Galbraith
Liam Miller
Francis Dickoh
Valdas Trakys
Kurtis Byrne

Loans
-----
Darryl Duffy
Jonathan Grounds
:agree: Add Stevenson, Nish, Currie and Welsh. Remove Byrne (out on loan) and that's where I get my figure from.

WindyMiller
14-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Cow

Stephanie
Miss Jones
Proclaimer
Tam

Frampton
Joe
Windy
Walter

Spikey
Rio

Nope, wasn't me.

IF ONLY!:woohoo:

eastmainsmsh
14-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Id like to wish Trakys well hope he scores goals but id rather have tam mcmanus :wink:

i think wee tam will score for fun for falkirk

plus what is the point of a year ...

stubru59
14-09-2010, 03:36 PM
All would not be lost if all of them went. But we'd be f...... if all of them stayed.

Crazyhorse
14-09-2010, 04:02 PM
All would not be lost if all of them went. But we'd be f...... if all of them stayed.

Agreed. Would like to see the majority of them actually earn an extension to their contract.

IWasThere2016
14-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Every team should sign Tam for 3 months .. He's nae use after that :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
14-09-2010, 05:03 PM
i dont see point in signing grounds , trakys , yogi whats going wrong man :bitchy:

trakys has had a nomadic career with a goal ratio that is pretty shabby .... we had a good target man and player in courier :confused

who was sold to buy nish ..... stevensons better than rankin ,ian murrays a better centre half than hogg and is versatile have bought mcbride another role murray can play in .... de graff ... 3 goalkeepers :bitchy: why use wages on three keepers we need strikers after selling stokes .... and we sign a lithuanian journeyman hardly exciting stuff ....

i reckon we are in for a rollercoaster season

euro Hibby
14-09-2010, 05:10 PM
yeah would agree real rollercoaster. Hope I am wrong but think we are miles away from being a good team. off the pitch is fine but on it I am not too confident. With the striker situations as it is , its good news for Riordan because he can push for a nice contract because without him we are short on goals.
Will be back in Edinburgh Saturday to see the game. First live game since the cup final !

Wotherspiniesta
14-09-2010, 05:29 PM
i dont see point in signing grounds , trakys , yogi whats going wrong man :bitchy:

trakys has had a nomadic career with a goal ratio that is pretty shabby .... we had a good target man and player in courier :confused

who was sold to buy nish ..... stevensons better than rankin ,ian murrays a better centre half than hogg and is versatile have bought mcbride another role murray can play in .... de graff ... 3 goalkeepers :bitchy: why use wages on three keepers we need strikers after selling stokes .... and we sign a lithuanian journeyman hardly exciting stuff ....

:hilarious

OK...breathe.

Firstly, it wasn't Yogi that got rid of Courier, it was Mixu. He was a Collins' signing and Mixu didn't like the look of him. Mixu decided instead to buy Nish, a proven SPL scorer. So, none of that is to do with Yogi.

Secondly, your point about Stevenson being a better midfielder than Rankin... I honestly don't think he is. Stevenson hasn't had a decent game since the Riordan penalty match at Tynecastle when Mixu was in charge. The last game Murray played in midfield was Dundee Utd at home 2 seasons ago IIRC, which he had a shocker. His passing is nothing of the standard of Mcbride.

The goalkeepers were needed. Yogi was attempting to address the problem that's plagued us for years and when he signed Mark Brown people thought it was a waste of a wage. Stack is constantly injured, Smith is a complete bombscare while Brown actually looks relatively solid, if unspectacular.

We do need another striker. He bought two. Duffy, who according to Yogi and the players was looking really sharp in training before his injury. And Trakys, who has a relatively good scoring record for a target man.

I do think we are in for a rollercoaster of a season however, but not for the reasons you mention.

ancienthibby
14-09-2010, 05:36 PM
:hilarious

OK...breathe.

Firstly, it wasn't Yogi that got rid of Courier, it was Mixu. He was a Collins' signing and Mixu didn't like the look of him. Mixu decided instead to buy Nish, a proven SPL scorer. So, none of that is to do with Yogi.

Secondly, your point about Stevenson being a better midfielder than Rankin... I honestly don't think he is. Stevenson hasn't had a decent game since the Riordan penalty match at Tynecastle when Mixu was in charge. The last game Murray played in midfield was Dundee Utd at home 2 seasons ago IIRC, which he had a shocker. His passing is nothing of the standard of Mcbride.

The goalkeepers were needed. Yogi was attempting to address the problem that's plagued us for years and when he signed Mark Brown people thought it was a waste of a wage. Stack is constantly injured, Smith is a complete bombscare while Brown actually looks relatively solid, if unspectacular.

We do need another striker. He bought two. Duffy, who according to Yogi and the players was looking really sharp in training before his injury. And Trakys, who has a relatively good scoring record for a target man.

I do think we are in for a rollercoaster of a season however, but not for the reasons you mention.

Bait.....................

and taken!!:devil:

blairwallace
14-09-2010, 05:41 PM
so by about christmas if we fall in love with him and we isn't on the pitch by half time, do we drop our trackies and start chating "trackies on trackies on..."? :greengrin

el capitano
14-09-2010, 05:41 PM

this does not make sense...............

Wilson
14-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Bait.....................

and taken!!:devil:

It was a decemt reply though :wink:

blairwallace
14-09-2010, 07:31 PM
i remember a few years ago the average age of the players was 23? what is it now with miller, de graaf, murray ect? :blah:

Diclonius
14-09-2010, 07:47 PM
i remember a few years ago the average age of the players was 23? what is it now with miller, de graaf, murray ect? :blah:

Minus the current players we have on loan, 26.

The_Todd
14-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Putting all this aside, welcome on board, Traskys.

Of course, your more stupid football fan (ie Yams) are wetting themselves laughing because they've failed to understand the difference between signing one Lithuanian and signing a whole squad from the same team. Once again the education system in the Gorgie/Dalry area of the city lets Edinburgh down.

To support my argument, this from Kickback:

Laughing my **** off btw. Wonder what those HIV riddled ****s are saying now, lolz

Thecat23
14-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Is there any video's of this lad scoring goals? I tried You Tube but couldn't see anything.

Speedway
14-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Don't you mean Hammill?

You know what? I DO mean Hammill.

truehibernian
14-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Is there any video's of this lad scoring goals? I tried You Tube but couldn't see anything.

Type in FC Ekranas bud and flick through the 2008/9 results. He is number 9 and scores a fair few if you watch through the games

Here is one for starters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47fBnbbTHg&feature=related

BEEJ
14-09-2010, 09:52 PM
At the start of season 07/08 under JC, the average age of the squad had dropped to 21.5 yrs.

And it showed.

snooky
14-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Re. players out of contract, here's my Spring clean for next year...

John Rankin - out
Chris Hogg - out
Derek Riordan - the family jewels, for heaven's sake!
Sol Bamba - keep
Graeme Smith - out
Graham Stack - keep (as back up)
Steven Thicot - out
Zemmama - keep (pay back time, Zooma)
Kevin McBride - keep
Danial Galbraith - keep
Liam Miller - keep
Francis Dickoh - no' bad start but, wait and see
Kurtis Byrne - needs a run in 1st team so, wait and see

Loans
-----
Darryl Duffy - unlucky break so, wait and see
Jonathan Grounds - iffy start but, wait and see

Franck Stanton
14-09-2010, 11:24 PM

You are quite correct when you point out the good things Nish does in a game, However................as you say he does FREQUENTLY, [more often than not] mi-controls a pass, {most passes] and ends up on his erchie [ your description] - he spends more time on his erse than he does standing upright, and dont get me started on his heading, christ, he is over 6' standing upright but when he "jumps" is only 5'6" as he seems to crouch down. 15,000 Hibbies cant be wrong mate, accept the facts - HE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. Accept the fact and move on.

Wotherspiniesta
14-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Type in FC Ekranas bud and flick through the 2008/9 results. He is number 9 and scores a fair few if you watch through the games

Here is one for starters

Number 9? The guy that missed the one on one, missed an open goal, missed a header from 3 yards and then had a goal chalked off for being a mile offside?

Uh-oh.

truehibernian
15-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Number 9? The guy that missed the one on one, missed an open goal, missed a header from 3 yards and then had a goal chalked off for being a mile offside?

Uh-oh.

That's the man.........I think trakys means nish or something in Lithuanian. Can't quite mind off the top of my head :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
15-09-2010, 07:37 AM
That's the man.........I think trakys means nish or something in Lithuanian. Can't quite mind off the top of my head :greengrin

:yawn::yawn:

el capitano
15-09-2010, 07:57 AM
You are quite correct when you point out the good things Nish does in a game, However................as you say he does FREQUENTLY, [more often than not] mi-controls a pass, {most passes] and ends up on his erchie [ your description] - he spends more time on his erse than he does standing upright, and dont get me started on his heading, christ, he is over 6' standing upright but when he "jumps" is only 5'6" as he seems to crouch down. 15,000 Hibbies cant be wrong mate, accept the facts - HE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. Accept the fact and move on.
15000?? thats as accurate as your opinion, he will play his part whether you let yourself see the good things or not.

all our players have parts of there game that you can pick faults on it just depends if you mention them on here, but that would mean fans favourites and theres not a lot of us prepared to do this.

hibs are the type of team where the players are not all gonna be the model defender/midfielder/forward that we may picture in our heads, u need to accept these facts and move on.

Spike Mandela
15-09-2010, 07:58 AM

Uh-oh.

That's what I was thinking, looks slower than a week in jail.

Some absolutely dreadful football in this video by the way but liked the look of the black player in the team, pity we haven't signed him.

The_Todd
15-09-2010, 08:04 AM
15,000 Hibbies cant be wrong mate, accept the facts - HE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. Accept the fact and move on.

When was the last time you asked 15,000 Hibs fans their opinion of Nish?

Also, when was the last time 15,000 Hibbies were in the same place at the same time?

Speedway
15-09-2010, 08:15 AM
When was the last time you asked 15,000 Hibs fans their opinion of Nish?

Also, when was the last time 15,000 Hibbies were in the same place at the same time?

Judging by the posts on here, Hearts v. Celtic.

HibbyKeith
15-09-2010, 08:30 AM
That's what I was thinking, looks slower than a week in jail.

Some absolutely dreadful football in this video by the way but liked the look of the black player in the team, pity we haven't signed him.

:agree:

Thecat23
15-09-2010, 08:37 AM

Here is one for starters

Cheers mate.

basehibby
15-09-2010, 08:39 AM

What makes you think you've got the right to speak for 15,000 Hibbies??? I for one agree with Skipster in that most of Nish's most voluble critics blatantly ignore his positive contribututions and shout very loudly about his shortcomings - quite probably helping to put him off his game in doing so.
I've never tried to claim that Nish is the all-singing all-dancing answer to all our goalscoring prayers but I fail to see what good it deoes to constantly carp on about his weaknesses while ignoring his strengths.

Baldy Foghorn
15-09-2010, 08:41 AM
What makes you think you've got the right to speak for 15,000 Hibbies??? I for one agree with Skipster in that most of Nish's most voluble critics blatantly ignore his positive contribututions and shout very loudly about his shortcomings - quite probably helping to put him off his game in doing so.
I've never tried to claim that Nish is the all-singing all-dancing answer to all our goalscoring prayers but I fail to see what good it deoes to constantly carp on about his weaknesses while ignoring his strengths.

:top marks:top marks

spot on........

ahibby
15-09-2010, 10:15 AM
He'll be tried at ER no doubt but I feel Colin's position is safe for the time being. Never the less I hope the new guy proves me wrong and bangs in the goals left right and centre, but .............

skipster7
15-09-2010, 02:36 PM

just 95% of them MATE:wink:

jdships
15-09-2010, 02:51 PM

:top marks twice !!!!:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2010, 03:00 PM

I think he's hopeless, but i don't berate him at the game. Although i think he needs replaced if we are to go forward as a team. Sometimes i think folk would rather we kept some players, just because they are Hibs fans, ignoring their clear deficiency's by making their good points better than what they actually are?

Prof. Shaggy
15-09-2010, 05:41 PM
You know what? I DO mean Hammill.

Did you really?:greengrin

E.T. is a Hibee
15-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Putting all this aside, welcome on board, Traskys.

Of course, your more stupid football fan (ie Yams) are wetting themselves laughing because they've failed to understand the difference between signing one Lithuanian and signing a whole squad from the same team. Once again the education system in the Gorgie/Dalry area of the city lets Edinburgh down.

To support my argument, this from Kickback:

I think this guy might be a bit of a player, he needs to do well here cause it's a wee bit of the last chance saloon for the guy! Also, lets be honest, were due a bit of luck in that position.

Dirkster23
15-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I think he's hopeless, but i don't berate him at the game. Although i think he needs replaced if we are to go forward as a team. Sometimes i think folk would rather we kept some managers, just because they come fae Leith, ignoring their clear deficiency's by making their good points better than what they actually are?

Changed that for you :wink:

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Changed that for you :wink:

:greengrin