PDA

View Full Version : How badly do we miss Zemamma?

Spike Mandela
13-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I know he didn't do it every week and one player doesn't make a team etc etc but can't help thinking we are badly missing Zoumma.

The one midfielder with a bit of originality and creativity that can add that little bit extra. Stretches teams with his running and openings for strikers with his passing. Excites the crowds and can increase tempo of game when necessary.

I know Miller can do some of this but lacks pace. When paired with Zemamma early last season they coplemented each other really well.

Every great team needs a Zoumma type so hurry back wee man!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWf3W_m9ueY

Cropley10
13-09-2010, 09:44 AM
He's a sicknote. And then there's Ramadan. You only get about 2 good games from him a season. He's had his day - time to move on.

heretoday
13-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Hibs need a wee man. Every team does. Get another wee man Yogi!

ShanksSaidNo
13-09-2010, 11:31 AM
He's a sicknote. And then there's Ramadan. You only get about 2 good games from him a season. He's had his day - time to move on.
I agree with you. I understand why he is a fans favourite to some, he's quite a likeable wee character and has his moments when he produces great skill. Not too mention a couple of goals agains the smellies from the other side of town. But the short and long of it is.. he's been at Easter Road since August 2006 and never really had a prolonged spell of great games in that time. Granted he has been unlucky with injuries although alot of the time he hasnt been in the team is down to not playing well enough on a more regular basis!
It is time to move on - Merouane Zemmama hasnt been and wont be the answer to our lack of success on the park!

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I miss him like roses miss the rain.

The_Horde
13-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Are we about to have a 'reverse' season?

We normally do well until late january/february and then falter majorly, but with Duffy and Zouma due to be fit in a couple of months time will this mean we will be stronger by Christmas for once and then start to dominate teams?

I would take 6th place by Christmas when these two guys (especially Zouma) should be raring to go.

Zouma vs Dundee Utd (first half) was the most one sided half i have seen from Hibs in a couple of seasons. Zouma absolutely terrorised them, we need him back and more importantly, on a new deal!

Wilson
13-09-2010, 11:59 AM
If you see the wages to turnover ratio as a problem then you have to question the wages spent on zouma. Money better spent on someone fit and available to play.

Hibs90
13-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Seen him on Saturday and was thinking this. We would have won that game 3-0 at least if he was playing.

sahib
13-09-2010, 12:17 PM
If you see the wages to turnover ratio as a problem then you have to question the wages spent on zouma. Money better spent on someone fit and available to play.

I sometime think we get the team we deserve.:bitchy:

Dunbar Hibee
13-09-2010, 12:21 PM
He is pure class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHzjde0vgk&feature=related

ahibby
13-09-2010, 02:47 PM
He can create chances but is sometimes too greedy. Never the less I wish he was fit because I think we would have won on Saturday with him and we wouldn't have lost in Paisly, IMO.

sesoim
13-09-2010, 05:04 PM

Actually, considering the impact Zemmama makes when he DOES play (we get better results when he is in the team), he is probably still value for money. We'd have to pay about £10k a week in wages for someone like him if he had no injury problems.

In fact, if it wasn't for the injuries I reckon we'd probably have sold him for about £2M by now (or a third of that if Celtic wanted him :wink:).

Judas Iscariot
13-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Zouma is the most talented and entertaining player the current SPL has to offer..

I can't wait for him to be fit again, when he's on song it's worth the season ticket dosh alone..

I really hope he gets a decent run of being injury free as I shudder to think how boring this season will be with the team having to look to McBride and DeGraaf for some creativity..

basehibby
13-09-2010, 06:10 PM

:bitchy: Cobblers! He's the ingredient we badly miss at the moment - someone who can torment teams with the ball at his feet, thus creating space for others, with the class to deliver a telling pass or effort on goal at the end of it.

Sure he's had injury troubles but his attitude cannot be faulted - Ramadan or no.

HibeePaj
13-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Hibs need a wee man. Every team does. Get another wee man Yogi!

Theres a player at hibs.. Danny Galbraith... :wink:

Yogi keeps forgetting about him until its too late.. ok not sure if the guy has done enough yet to get a start, but from what i have seen he plays aswell as zemamma.

Quick, tricky and flair

LaMotta
13-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Zouma is the most talented and entertaining player the current SPL has to offer..

I can't wait for him to be fit again, when he's on song it's worth the season ticket dosh alone..

I really hope he gets a decent run of being injury free as I shudder to think how boring this season will be with the team having to look to McBride and DeGraaf for some creativity..

:agree:

Can't believe people are saying he only has two good games a season.....he was instrumental in our early season success last year.

No coincidence that when he got injured last year our season fell apart.

AK86
13-09-2010, 11:14 PM
here,s hoping that when he gets fit he plays like we know he can. He does owe HFC a bit return
He will also be playing for a move :bye::rolleyes: so there is every chance he will turn it on

Cameron1875
13-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Look at the creativity he gives us when on his game. One of best players at the club by a mile so wouldn't like to see hibs letting him go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOKPyUk0qhg:thumbsup:

cad
14-09-2010, 03:33 AM
It sticks out a mile how much we miss the wee fellas skill and trickery ,since coming here he has had everybody trying to half him every time hes on the park Im not surprised hes injured so much .
Hes an entertainer from the minute he walks on the pitch ,frustrating at times yes but I think hes well worth his wages.
I'm looking forward to his return and lots more magic from our Moroccan magician,hes certainly the type of player to turn our season around and as our performances usually falter after Christmas him back in the side will be a major boost for us .
With Benji no longer with us the question has to be asked how commited he will be to Hibs,
a big plus would be a couple of years on a new contract Im sure I read somewhere that Yogi was trying to sort that out so the sooner the better .

ahibby
14-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Benji doesn't factor in to what Zemama will do at all. His only concern is his family and he will do what is best for them even if that means staying in Scotland. However my hunch is that he will move closer to home and not because he is homesick. I hope he stays for another two seasons though.