PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section

down-the-slope
13-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Singing Section

Boooooooooo Booooooo

You were P**h on Saturday...should all be ashamed of yourselves for a performance like that in only your second match...out sung by 350 highlanders even when we were winning....not fit to wear the shirt any of you

The clubs invested heavily in the best of new facilities for you and we are yet to see any return for all this..maybe you should have just been left with the dickensian facilities you had if this is how we are repaid. All we have heard is complaints about having a little bit of discipline in the way you perform...but no 90 minutes without nicotine is obviously too much to ask such 'proffesionals'
Were just expected to accept that you need time to adust to your new surroundings / team mates / system and continue to support you ? I don't think so Booooo Boooooo

I pay my money and have a right to tell you what i think of your performance you know :grr:

The Tubs
13-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Well said. Finger oot or we'll be getting in the New York Community Choir come Christmas.

bawheid
13-09-2010, 08:19 AM
I'd say they've got until Christmas to start making some decent noise or they'll be out.

bawheid
13-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Well said. Finger oot or we'll be getting in the New York Community Choir come Christmas.

Too quick :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
13-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Singing Section..

"Can you sing a song for us"

"Can you sing a song for us"

"its all gone quiet over there"

"oh its all gone quiet over there"

hibs0666
13-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Singing Section

Boooooooooo Booooooo

You were P**h on Saturday...should all be ashamed of yourselves for a performance like that in only your second match...out sung by 350 highlanders even when we were winning....not fit to wear the shirt any of you

The clubs invested heavily in the best of new facilities for you and we are yet to see any return for all this..maybe you should have just been left with the dickensian facilities you had if this is how we are repaid. All we have heard is complaints about having a little bit of discipline in the way you perform...but no 90 minutes without nicotine is obviously too much to ask such 'proffesionals'
Were just expected to accept that you need time to adust to your new surroundings / team mates / system and continue to support you ? I don't think so Booooo Boooooo

I pay my money and have a right to tell you what i think of your performance you know :grr:

If the singing section is where I think it is then it was pretty much empty on Saturday.

Franck is God
13-09-2010, 02:39 PM
My favorite chant from the Caley fans was 'You only sing when you're winning' which was ironic considering the singing section were pretty silent when we were winning.

I can only assume that they were trying to avoid frightening our players with large noises so went with silence instead. Good work east standers!

ronaldo7
13-09-2010, 03:25 PM
If the singing section is where I think it is then it was pretty much empty on Saturday.

I said as much to the Radge sitting behind me. Where did they all go?

They maybe re-located seats for the Hibs Kids game to a more sedate area of the ground:cool2:

Bishop Hibee
13-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Agreed. No change to the atmosphere at ER on Saturday. Like de Graaf, the singing section will need 6 months to adjust to the foreign environment :wink:

Given the reaction to the performance on Saturday, you'd think many fans were auditioning for the booing section. Not bad enough (yet) for me to boo. See Ayr Utd semi, most games under Duff Jimmy and away performances under Mogadon Miller as examples of the level I set before booing.

JohnScott
13-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I said as much to the Radge sitting behind me. Where did they all go?

They maybe re-located seats for the Hibs Kids game to a more sedate area of the ground:cool2:

Maybe if you sanctimonious smart-***** did a bit of vocal supporting yoursels there wouldn't be any need for a "singing section" ?! :wink:

Thomson1875
13-09-2010, 06:41 PM
how many people complaining where singing? people singing = atmosphere why dont you sing and help create an atmosphere around easter road... instead of moaning.

ronaldo7
13-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Maybe if you sanctimonious smart-***** did a bit of vocal supporting yoursels there wouldn't be any need for a "singing section" ?! :wink:

I think we sung more songs in the west than eminated from the East on Saturday. I had to get a packet of lozenges on the way home:wink:

1-0 to the West, oh aye and :notworthy:

The_Horde
13-09-2010, 09:59 PM
how many people complaining where singing? people singing = atmosphere why dont you sing and help create an atmosphere around easter road... instead of moaning.

We tried a few times but A. didn't have enough people with us and B. Got looked at like we were a bunch of one eyed, 3 legged huns.

The boy behind me was eating a PEAR... Whats happening to the world?

Hibercelona
13-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I sit in the singing section and its all true.... we're p!sh! :boo hoo:

But tbf, there shouldn't even need to be a singing section. The whole stadium should be one big singing arena.

If everybody just got off their saggy bottoms and got some chants going and maybe a wee Mexican wave going, instead of sitting and booing for 90mins, then the atmosphere would be great and the team would get a massive lift, which would make ER a fortress.

But unfortunately this wont happen, because people have the "I pay my money, so I can sit on my saggy erse and boo for as long as I want" attitude. :blah:

Until the fans decide to lift themselves, the team wont. :boo hoo:

HFC 0-7
14-09-2010, 08:16 AM
I sit in the singing section and its all true.... we're p!sh! :boo hoo:

But tbf, there shouldn't even need to be a singing section. The whole stadium should be one big singing arena.

If everybody just got off their saggy bottoms and got some chants going and maybe a wee Mexican wave going, instead of sitting and booing for 90mins, then the atmosphere would be great and the team would get a massive lift, which would make ER a fortress.

But unfortunately this wont happen, because people have the "I pay my money, so I can sit on my saggy erse and boo for as long as I want" attitude. :blah:

Until the fans decide to lift themselves, the team wont. :boo hoo:

I get what you are saying but the team need to give us something to sing about. Your last quote is a bit strange as well. Are you saying that the team is not playing well because we are not singing? If so the whole team should be emptied, proffesional footballers should be able to play the game to a good standard whether it be in an empty stadium, a full stadium singing or a full stadium not saying a word!

Also, the singing section is meant to be where the 'hardcore' singers are and the whole point of this section being created by the club was to help provide a better atmosphere on match days. If this 'elite' section is struggling I wouldnt have a go at the rest of the stadium as people bought their tickets for the singing section knowing what they were doing.

Bottom line is, even the singing section is struggling to get up for games at the moment because of the standard on the pitch!

Disc O'Dave
14-09-2010, 08:34 AM
;2576361']We tried a few times but A. didn't have enough people with us and B. Got looked at like we were a bunch of one eyed, 3 legged huns.

:top marks

No matter what side of the debate over the "traditional working class passion" sport versus the "white-collar prawn sandwich brigade infiltration" sanitising it, I can't help feel that sentence encapsulates the issue 100%

Jack
14-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I think it’s a mutual thing. The players lift the crowd, the whole crowd, including the Singing Section lift the players.

I suspect there's a few singers out there not in the Singing Section and they need to be encouraged to change their season tickets and unlike Saturday the club need to open a patg gate where singing walk ups can join them.

It was never going to be an overnight change from underneath the gantry to where the singing section is now and there does seem to be a wee bit more of an issue getting this together and settling in than was probably first thought.

I realise this thread started out tongue in cheek but it seems to be developing into an us, them and everyone else getting a bit touchy and having a go at each other.

So to all the would be singers out there get in touch with the ticket office and get your seat moved, try it for just one game even!

Everyone else, particularly those in the East, when the Singing Section start don't leave them to it – join in! Remember, like you used to :agree:

MacBean
14-09-2010, 10:21 AM
I get what you are saying but the team need to give us something to sing about. Your last quote is a bit strange as well. Are you saying that the team is not playing well because we are not singing? If so the whole team should be emptied, proffesional footballers should be able to play the game to a good standard whether it be in an empty stadium, a full stadium singing or a full stadium not saying a word!

Also, the singing section is meant to be where the 'hardcore' singers are and the whole point of this section being created by the club was to help provide a better atmosphere on match days. If this 'elite' section is struggling I wouldnt have a go at the rest of the stadium as people bought their tickets for the singing section knowing what they were doing.

Bottom line is, even the singing section is struggling to get up for games at the moment because of the standard on the pitch!

Since when was the singing section an elite section?
Never has been, never will be, never intended to be.

The Tubs
14-09-2010, 10:31 AM
;2576361']We tried a few times but A. didn't have enough people with us and B. Got looked at like we were a bunch of one eyed, 3 legged huns.

No matter what side of the debate over the "traditional working class passion" sport versus the "white-collar prawn sandwich brigade infiltration" sanitising it, I can't help feel that sentence encapsulates the issue 100%

As I consider myself a social climber, I always bring an orange for half time but sing like a trooper during the game.

Dinnae worry if people look at you funny, it's happened to me all my life. Keep singing!

Auckland Hibs
14-09-2010, 10:35 AM

:faf:

We're doomed.

Disc O'Dave
14-09-2010, 10:47 AM

We're doomed.

Maybe people are planning on bringing rotten fruit to throw at under-performers - and this was an Al-Qaeda style dry run.....

TrickyNicky
14-09-2010, 11:02 AM

For the love of God I did not want to make this public..... but.....last season, sitting behind me and to the left I overheard 1 young man asking another young man for his lip balm as his lips were a little dry due to the wind.

I did not turn around and I could not make eye contact with a steward, in fact I froze, deer in headlight stuff, bottled it!

All I could do was gaze numbingly out to whatever match it was that was there .

Cannae even remember leavin !

Phil MaGlass
14-09-2010, 11:12 AM

We're doomed.

shouldnae be eating, if you are, it means youre not singing, so there.
Call yirsel a bluddy supporter. Oranges and pears whit ivver next, Toblerones and and Leonidas chocolates, get a grip.
I know were the Hibees baby weve got class, but sing, sing ah tell yis.

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2010, 11:14 AM
[/B]

For the love of God I did not want to make this public..... but.....last season, sitting behind me and to the left I overheard 1 young man asking another young man for his lip balm as his lips were a little dry due to the wind.

I did not turn around and I could not make eye contact with a steward, in fact I froze, deer in headlight stuff, bottled it!

All I could do was gaze numbingly out to whatever match it was that was there .

Cannae even remember leavin !

Golden Bear
14-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Seems like the idea of a singing section has now gone pear shaped.

How predictable.

:greengrin

Disc O'Dave
14-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Seems like the idea of a singing section has now gone pear shaped.

How predictable.

Maybe that's what they meant by "core support" :rolleyes:

Coat on.....

Phil MaGlass
14-09-2010, 11:23 AM
seems like its gone "pips up".

TrickyNicky
14-09-2010, 11:27 AM
seems like its gone "pips up".

Lost some ay it's appeel !

Hibees07
14-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Watched the Stoke game last night and even at 1 goal down the Stoke fans were right behind their team and probably played a big part in their comeback.

Maybe we should just relax a bit & get behind the team when things are not going so well, it might just help them turn things around.

down-the-slope
14-09-2010, 03:51 PM

So working class people don't eat fruit :rolleyes: that will explain some of the health stats then

:bitchy:

down-the-slope
14-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I think it’s a mutual thing. The players lift the crowd, the whole crowd, including the Singing Section lift the players.

I suspect there's a few singers out there not in the Singing Section and they need to be encouraged to change their season tickets and unlike Saturday the club need to open a patg gate where singing walk ups can join them.

It was never going to be an overnight change from underneath the gantry to where the singing section is now and there does seem to be a wee bit more of an issue getting this together and settling in than was probably first thought.

I realise this thread started out tongue in cheek but it seems to be developing into an us, them and everyone else getting a bit touchy and having a go at each other.

So to all the would be singers out there get in touch with the ticket office and get your seat moved, try it for just one game even!

Everyone else, particularly those in the East, when the Singing Section start don't leave them to it – join in! Remember, like you used to :agree:

Thank heavens for Jack......I was begining to wonder if there was a total irony by pass on .net :greengrin

down-the-slope
14-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Watched the Stoke game last night and even at 1 goal down the Stoke fans were right behind their team and probably played a big part in their comeback.

Maybe we should just relax a bit & get behind the team when things are not going so well, it might just help them turn things around.

Will never catch on...not Hibs class :rolleyes:

:wink:

I wholeheartedly agree with you

Disc O'Dave
14-09-2010, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=Disc O'Dave;2576473]

So working class people don't eat fruit :rolleyes: that will explain some of the health stats then

:bitchy:

Woah, chill!

It was merely a light hearted observation of the utter distain the poster had for the fact someone might actually bring fruit to a game of football.

I never said working class people didn't eat fruit.

We just don't eat PEARS. :devil:

blairwallace
14-09-2010, 05:47 PM
this thread is boo!!
GET IT SORTED YOGI!!! :grr:

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Aye .... When Yogi was talking about a wall of noise greeting the players when the run out I bet he didnt mean booing or the sound of bloody silence the players had to put up with against ICT.

I moved from the FF to the East to be with my mates this year. I liked the FF but thought it would be a bonus to at least be with the ' singers ' in the East.

I sit near half way and I think it was just me and about two others who tried to join in with the few songs that were started by the singing section.

Having said that .... I suppose we wont get any idea as to how noisy the new East can be until the team go ahead in a game against the OF or the Yams.

Though at the moment that seems a long way off :bitchy:

seanraff07
15-09-2010, 07:15 PM
It's bad enough with no singing but the amount of booing on Saturday was just awful, i laugh at Hearts when i'm listening to a game at Tynecastle and they boo the team off after the match, well they were probably laughing at us after that. What good does booing do for the team?

Ed De Gramo
15-09-2010, 07:22 PM
The people next to me were having a picnic......and then one of them shat themselves when I shouted encouragement to the De Graaf....

Football has become too sanitised....

oconnors_strip
15-09-2010, 08:29 PM
The people next to me were having a picnic......and then one of them shat themselves when I shouted encouragement to the De Graaf....

Football has become too sanitised....

what did they do when you belted out HAIL HAIL!!?:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
15-09-2010, 08:31 PM
what did they do when you belted out HAIL HAIL!!?:greengrin

Didn't wanna put her in hospital :greengrin

My 'come on Cabbage' chants made her jump....it was actually quite funny :cool2:

TrickyNicky
16-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Didn't wanna put her in hospital :greengrin

My 'come on Cabbage' chants made her jump....it was actually quite funny :cool2:

Oooh Lordy !

If you did that in my veggie patch and sung about it, I'd be a little jumpy too!
:devil:

RIP
17-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Singing Section update

The club set it up in the wrong place - corner nearest the South
Then no advertising to Season Ticket Holders
So our Gantry boys from last season ended up scattered all over the East
I joined the 12thMan campaign
Most of the activists aren't (yet) in the Singing Section :greengrin
A few of us are trying to make the new singing section the top 10 rows of section 43
If you are a singer, please move your seat there
Personally I think it will take till 2011 to create a Singing Section there

Until then I'm afraid, the Singing Section is a myth

houston1875
17-09-2010, 09:38 PM

oooh hark at you,grey hair..
:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
17-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Singing Section update

The club set it up in the wrong place - corner nearest the South
Then no advertising to Season Ticket Holders
So our Gantry boys from last season ended up scattered all over the East
I joined the 12thMan campaign
Most of the activists aren't (yet) in the Singing Section :greengrin
A few of us are trying to make the new singing section the top 10 rows of section 43
If you are a singer, please move your seat there
Personally I think it will take till 2011 to create a Singing Section there

Until then I'm afraid, the Singing Section is a myth

I certainly know that's true. I know someone who asked the ticket office to give him a season ticket in the "singing section" for this season but he was told that there was no such thing.

That's despite the fact that it was advertised by the club on the website.

JDanielR1875
17-09-2010, 09:47 PM
I can honestly say i was disapointed against ICT with the singing section however it gets a bit boring signing HAIL HAIL all the time. Hopefully "the angels high above" will get a blast against Hamilton i love that one!! Anyways come home time on sat i hope to be back on this thread reading about the improvement of the signing section..Touch wood anyway.

Jones28
17-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Loadae Pith

down-the-slope
18-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Club are advertising the turnstyle cash gate for 'singing section' for today on main site....so no excuses :wink:

No. 52

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Outsung by 100 Hamilton fans and their gran, so ah heard.

SneakersO'Toole
18-09-2010, 05:08 PM

Whats to sing about from a Hibs point of view?

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 05:41 PM
90 minutes backing, win lose or draw, aye its difficult if not impossible.

RIP
19-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Paid a visit to the East today and was in row Q 169.. No singing at all to talk of.I think everyone was simply baffled by what they were seeing.Went with five others including Euro Hibby and his brother.We met in the Coopers Rest before the game.One of the five(40 yr old) ex casual who used to play fives with me at the Tartan Club every Wednesday seemed normal when he arrived at Coopers.Had no more than three pints,got to his seat,sang the WHOLE of a song based on "don't take my sunshine (hibees) away" all by himself. Disappeared after about 20 mins to chat to a few of his old casual pals,came back at half time to say he couldn't watch any more and said his goodbyes...Anyway,point is,that was the most singing I heard all day:greengrin

Stattos

We sang twenty four songs including several repeats
Hamilton fans sang about a third of that
We even sang one song after we lost the goal :top marks
We only numbered 100 at kick off
But two dozen swapped from other sections of the East to join us
Do any of you know where the singing section is? - it's actually the top dozen rows of Section 43 not away down in Row Q
We have lost the gantry position and now singers are scattered all over the stand
It will take a few months to re-establish the Gantry
But it will be achieved - mark my words

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Stattos

Do any of you know where the singing section is? - it's actually the top dozen rows of Section 43 not away down in Row Q
We have lost the gantry position and now singers are scattered all over the stand

Where you getting the stats from chief?

I never heard 24 songs :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
20-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Stattos

:top marks I thought the singing was better than last week even though the performance from the team was a lot worse. Hamilton fans were dire in both singing and turn out.

RIP
20-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Where you getting the stats from chief?

I never heard 24 songs :greengrin

Not 24 different songs - how do you say it? 24 chants - mibbie 9/10 songs?

My laddie was keeping count :greengrin

Fancy giving us a hand with the songbook :wink:

Jack
20-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Not 24 different songs - how do you say it? 24 chants - mibbie 9/10 songs?

My laddie was keeping count :greengrin

Fancy giving us a hand with the songbook :wink:

I thought the singing section did well …

For the first 20 minutes and then it was business as usual, pretty quiet, sporadic.

My mates in the West didn’t believe me, they only heard a few minutes and a couple of songs.

If it carries on like this then there are seeds that can be worked on, so well done the singers.

However!

Unless the product on the pitch improves considerably we’re pissing in the wind – not just my thoughts but that of a former player how will be working with us to raise the profile of the Hibs 12th Man.