PDA

View Full Version : Beeb highlights

down-the-slope
12-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Very poor..no replay even let alone second angle for ICT pen ...did not look like player was fouled :rolleyes: any better views from East?

Liberal Hibby
12-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Looked pretty certain to me. Interestingly the highlights showed the contribution Nish made. Assist for Riordan's goal. Set up Wotherspoon's first half shot, put De Graff in for his miss and set up another chance.

Now what will the critics say...

matty_f
12-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Looked pretty certain to me. Interestingly the highlights showed the contribution Nish made. Assist for Riordan's goal. Set up Wotherspoon's first half shot, put De Graff in for his miss and set up another chance.

Wow! apparently you can polish a turd.
:greengrin

BEEJ
12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Very poor..no replay even let alone second angle for ICT pen ...did not look like player was fouled :rolleyes: any better views from East?
Beeb highlights I watched showed the tackle from two angles. :confused:

No doubt that it was a penalty. Careless, daft tackle from Thicot.

500miles
13-09-2010, 01:17 AM

There are a lot of football fans who don't actually bother considering evidence. It makes it difficult to continue in this strangely self indulgent art of complaining about and condemning everything and anything.

It's not just a Hibs issue, but throughout football in Britain at least. Fans forums have a lot to do with it - soapboxes being given to the miserable, unqualified and blindly fickle, who feed off of each others misery and negativity. A good example of the lack of thought that goes into some posts is the old " I've paid my money, I've got a right to say what I want" after he's just aimed a barrage of foul mouthed abuse at his own player. The fact is, on of the rules on the back of the ticket amounts to "No foul or abusive language". However, it's a line that get's trotted out, because it's convienient, despite how easy it is to disprove.

Now, as someone who spent time looking at evidence, in the face of the droning negativity on these boards, I found that Colin Nish was involved in a clear majority of our goals last season, in a number of capacities ranging from goalscorer, right back to the man who start the move. He's an inconsistant player - not just week to week, but from play to play. Sadly, this means that his critics can do something very easy - overstate the lesser bad, and diminish the greater number of good things.

Cameron1875
13-09-2010, 03:02 AM

:faf: He missed a one on one FFS not exactly an assist. I believe he gets a harder time than he should but i'd expect a striker playing for hibs to score that.

Prawn Sandwich
13-09-2010, 06:21 AM
I noticed in the highlights for the Celtic v Hearts game lots of empty seats. I've just looked at the official attendance and it was 10,000 down of capacity at 49,000. It seems the so called best fans in world are staying away.

down-the-slope
13-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Beeb highlights I watched showed the tackle from two angles. :confused:

No doubt that it was a penalty. Careless, daft tackle from Thicot.

:doh: maybe i need to pay more attention

Matty_Jack04
13-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Listening to the game it actually sounded as if niish had a fairly decent game and the comentator in the highlights mentions how well him and riordan had linked up....could nish's poor form be contributed to the fact stokes as a football player wasnt very good? (yes i no he scored goals nowt much else tho)

and whilst im stirring contriversy im glad we have a midfeilder gettig into the positions de graaf is, his time will come stick in big fella :notworthy:

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2010, 11:24 AM
4 of the chances shown involved Nish linking up well with the others..... Still amazed at the level of stick aimed at the big guy :rolleyes:

BSEJVT
13-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Its the nature of the beast unfortunately.

Folk make up their minds in instant and seldom if ever see anything other than what they expect to see.

Everyone does it and fok often have completely different views.

I read on Saturday that someone thought Grounds was quick.

I thought that whilst he was a decent enough footballer he was probably slower than Ian Murray.

Will I ever think any differently? Only if I open my mind and am persuaded to the contrary.

Some posters on here cant do the former and dont have the interest /attention span to consider the latter.

I thought Nish had not too bad a game on Saturday and di link up well with Deek, he is always going to miss control the odd ball and pass, but other than that did okay. If he didnt he wouldnt be at ER.

I would like him to attack back post crosses though rather than hoping they will miraculously flit over the defender who clearly has it's head!