PDA

View Full Version : What is the world coming to

hibs4eve
12-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Last season yogi said that he was wanting to be challenging with the old firm going into every game thinking that we are going to win now hes saying we are to go into every game as underdogs.
The one game that we won we put nish on the bench so the next 3 games we start him we lose two and draw 1. :rolleyes:

matty_f
12-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Last season yogi said that he was wanting to be challenging with the old firm going into every game thinking that we are going to win now hes saying we are to go into every game as underdogs.
The one game that we won we put nish on the bench so the next 3 games we start him we lose two and draw 1. :rolleyes:

Yogi's message about the underdog has been taken out of context massively. He wants us to have the OF mentality of making every game a must win, but what he's saying is that we have to approach every game like we have to fight for everything we get. You can have both - there isn't a contradiction there. I really don't know why folk are finding this idea difficult.

I think Nish has been playing out of necessity rather than by choice. IMHO, had Duffy been fit, or the Lithuanian striker signed in time, then Nish wouldn't have been on the park yesterday.

jacomo
12-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Yogi's message about the underdog has been taken out of context massively. He wants us to have the OF mentality of making every game a must win, but what he's saying is that we have to approach every game like we have to fight for everything we get. You can have both - there isn't a contradiction there. I really don't know why folk are finding this idea difficult.

I think Nish has been playing out of necessity rather than by choice. IMHO, had Duffy been fit, or the Lithuanian striker signed in time, then Nish wouldn't have been on the park yesterday.

I'm glad you understand the gaffer.

I get more and more baffled by him as time goes by. Last season he wanted 3rd spot and had a vision for the club. Now apparently questioning Hibs' recent form is unacceptable - and we should be happy with 4th spot.