PDA

View Full Version : Yams Jefferies apologises (sort of)

johnbc70
12-09-2010, 07:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8992451.stm

Have to admit when I first read this I thought ref has probably shown an old firm bias as we have seen many time before.......but first goal clearly onside (look at BBC footage and it is clear as day) so I wonder if Jumbo will come out and apologise to Willie Collum. OK the TV evidence is not clear for the second goal. What makes it worse is that he says Hearts "own TV pictures" showed he was offside, must have been a different game they were taping then.

Twa Cairpets
12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8992451.stm

Have to admit when I first read this I thought ref has probably shown an old firm bias as we have seen many time before.......but first goal clearly onside (look at BBC footage and it is clear as day) so I wonder if Jumbo will come out and apologise to Willie Collum. OK the TV evidence is not clear for the second goal. What makes it worse is that he says Hearts "own TV pictures" showed he was offside, must have been a different game they were taping then.

FJK - Classless fud. End Of.

marinello59
12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
FJK - Classless fud. End Of.

No need for anything else to be said. Should we close the thread?:greengrin

HibbyAndy
12-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Jefferies really is a classless Hearts FUD.

Hope he is at home CRINGING watching the highlights as the 1st goal was ONSIDE.

What do you expect from a yam fud tho, Classless jambo, Hmmm There's not many is there.

Sergio sledge
12-09-2010, 08:07 PM

What makes it worse is that it was right in front of the hearts bench and he still couldn't see it was on-side! What a tube! :bye:

Kevvy1875
12-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Been trying to remember who FJK reminded me of for ages and couldn't mind the name.....

I just had a moment of clarity....:agree:

http://www.990.ro/filme/droopy_poster.jpg

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Over on mongback they are making all sorts of excuses and blaming the ref, it's quite clear to me that the goal IS onside, is it something in the water up in ****bo land?

Absolute cretins on that site, gies me the boak when I read it

:bitchy:

matty_f
12-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Over on mongback they are making all sorts of excuses and blaming the ref, it's quite clear to me that the goal IS onside, is it something in the water up in ****bo land?

Absolute cretins on that site, gies me the boak when I read it

:bitchy:

Dinnae read it then :dunno:

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Dinnae read it then :dunno:

I like a wee boak now and then

:wink:

New Corrie
12-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I know, over on twentypointsback they are moaning about the ref, that'll teach them to play hoofball, classless pub team, they don't have a clue, at least we play real proper football and never question refs in games against the OF.

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I like a wee boak now and then

:wink:

That's sick. :grr:

Peevemor
12-09-2010, 10:55 PM

I'm glad you brought that up. :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-09-2010, 07:33 AM

Ah ken, ahm spewin

:tee hee:

Hibs90
13-09-2010, 08:11 AM
I agree with Jeffries. (without seeing the footage)

ShanksSaidNo
13-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Been trying to remember who FJK reminded me of for ages and couldn't mind the name.....

I just had a moment of clarity....:agree:

http://www.990.ro/filme/droopy_poster.jpg

Did you mean to post a picture of Harry Redknapp?

HibbyAndy
13-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Coming up later in the sports news on stv.

Do you think he is saying sorry for realising he made an erse of himself getting sent to the stand for moaning about Celtc's CLEARY ONSIDE 1st goal? Or sumit else.

You really did make a complete and utter tool of yourself Dumbo Jim, Let the sport commence to see what this ersehole is saying sorry for :cool2:

Barney McGrew
13-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Let the sport commence to see what this ersehole is saying sorry for :cool2:

Maybe he wasn't really just in the club store at the time :dunno:

HibbyAndy
13-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Maybe he wasn't really just in the club store at the time :dunno:

Thats a a fact :agree:

maturehibby
13-09-2010, 06:20 PM
With Jeffrey likely to get a ban and Locke on one it will only be brown and the teal lady left to give instructions at the next game:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
14-09-2010, 06:13 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Jim-Jefferies-apologises-while-Vladimir.6529663.jp

Romanov waded into the row yesterday with another of his trademark attacks on the "mafia" running Scottish football. While the content was largely familiar and likely to land the club in further trouble with the authorities, Romanov's rant also mentioned for the first time the possibility of him giving up the struggle to take on the duopoly of Celtic and Rangers - a cause for concern among Hearts fans, given the fact the club's substantial debt is owed ultimately to Romanov.

Hibsman at it again?

"Of course, it is not worthwhile spending money and time on you. It would be possible to abandon this useless work, but I pity the fans. Not those, naturally, who are celebrating cheap victories when the opponents of your team are given three reds and three yellows. To see such a crowd is a frightful sight.

"You announced that you would like to sell your clubs. You are ready to get rid of them. But what decent and honest person would want to continue your showbusiness?"

:hmmm:

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2010, 07:48 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Gary-Mackay-No-surprise-bosses.6528083.jp

McYam opens in customary forelock tugging mode - "Mr Romanov" in the first sentence.

AS soon as I saw Mr Romanov's comments after the Liechtenstein game last week laying into the top brass of Scottish football, I had a worrying feeling a spat between Hearts and officialdom wouldn't be far away.
My suspicions were proved correct when Jim Jefferies found himself irked by his treatment from referee Willie Collum at Parkhead on Saturday, and I have to say I have every sympathy with our manager on this one. ........

But there's no fooling this guy any more; the penny has dropped and he gives it to the real culprit with both barrells.

As I said before, I was concerned when I saw our owner's comments in the paper, especially coming as it did in the week leading up to a game at Celtic Park. I'm not saying the fact all the big calls seem to have gone against Hearts was directly related to Vlad's comments, but sometimes you reap what you sow and I don't think his outburst was well-advised. Ultimately, the people who suffered from any dodgy refereeing decisions on Saturday were the fans who paid their money to go through to Glasgow as well as the players and management - not Mr Romanov. When you're not as hands-on as you maybe should be, sometimes you've got to be careful when you open your mouth

If only you'd been careful when you opened your mouth five years ago, eh gaz?

MrSmith
14-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Apologies if previously posted.

Snipit taken of an article in today's Scotsman:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/football/Jim-Jefferies-apologises-while-Vladimir.6529663.jp

Romanov waded into the row yesterday with another of his trademark attacks on the "mafia" running Scottish football. While the content was largely familiar and likely to land the club in further trouble with the authorities, Romanov's rant also mentioned for the first time the possibility of him giving up the struggle to take on the duopoly of Celtic and Rangers - a cause for concern among Hearts fans, given the fact the club's substantial debt is owed ultimately to Romanov.

"It is not me who you punish again by allowing two goals scored from offside in the game Celtic v Hearts," said Romanov. "You kill yourselves as human beings, turning into animals who live just to get food.

"I spoil not just your jolly mood but business - and that's why you punish my team with the cards and then fine me for complaining about it.

"I have nothing to prove to you. I proved everything in my first year of 2005 when I took away from you whatever I could.

"For 40 years you play games with the fans and deceive them about your wish to play in England. It would be much better if you merge the Scottish and the Lithuanian leagues. That is going to be more useful for you.

"It is hard to imagine what harm you cause to your country, to your nation every day by deceiving every week hundreds of thousands of fans.

"But sooner or later they are going to realise that they are being fooled and when it happens every day for you is going to become like torture."

He added: "I am bringing up the kids, the young players, watching your joy when you defeat them with the help of red cards and penalties.

"Of course, it is not worthwhile spending money and time on you. It would be possible to abandon this useless work, but I pity the fans. Not those, naturally, who are celebrating cheap victories when the opponents of your team are given three reds and three yellows. To see such a crowd is a frightful sight.

"You announced that you would like to sell your clubs. You are ready to get rid of them. But what decent and honest person would want to continue your showbusiness?"

matty_f
14-09-2010, 08:46 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Jim-Jefferies-apologises-while-Vladimir.6529663.jp

Hibsman at it again?

:hmmm:

Quality. 'Mon the GFA!!:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2010, 08:49 AM

Thank you Father Romanov you're little children fall at your exalted feet.

Or as they are saying on KB:

Originally Posted By: TwoStripeTed
Mr Romanov is right, he says it like it really is.

wazoo1875
14-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Thank you Father Romanov you're little children fall at your exalted feet.

Or as they are saying on KB:
In fairness to the guy he is making points which we have all said in the past ,
He's just much more melodramatic/barking :greengrin

w.connectionfc
14-09-2010, 09:06 AM
In fairness to the guy he is making points which we have all said in the past ,
He's just much more melodramatic/barking :greengrin

:agree: yeah, would be good if more owners/chairmen spoke up against what we see everytime time we play the bigot bros, instead of choosing not to rock the boat

Joe Baker II
14-09-2010, 09:08 AM
JJ has made a bit of a twat of himself here, although he may have a point about Colum's general attittude.

Part/Time Supporter
14-09-2010, 09:41 AM
:agree: yeah, would be good if more owners/chairmen spoke up against what we see everytime time we play the bigot bros, instead of choosing not to rock the boat

No-one (outside of media amusement) pays any attention to Romanov because he just gives the same rant about the OF after each time Hertz play them - win, lose or draw.

Levein kind of rocked the boat yon time when he moaned about McCurry after United were shafted for the second time in quick succession in games against the Hun. Much more effective IMO.

Spike Mandela
14-09-2010, 09:50 AM
JJ has made a bit of a twat of himself here, although he may have a point about Colum's general attittude.

If somebody came shouting and squealing at you with eyes bulging out and face contorted with rage whilst generally having a toddler like tantrum, you might be inclined to treat them like a kid as well.

Jeffries can dish it out but cannae take it. Twat:bitchy:

EskbankHibby
14-09-2010, 10:03 AM
"shows he was marginally onside"

So that will be onside then Jim, lets be clear. Onside is a threshold decision, your either onside or your not, classless erse.

Seems to be adapting well to his role at the circus.

weecounty hibby
14-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Thing is this is just Jeffries at his best. As far as I can remember he has never evr in an after match interview given credit to the opposition. If they lose it is always someone elses fault Saturday just happened to be the linesman, Andrews and the ref, Collum. Next week it could be the pitch, the rain, the wind anything except they were beaten by a better side.

Kenny Clarke hit the nail on the head, he does it to deflect any criticism of his manegerial style/competence. And guess what, the uneducated masses from Tiny believe it. Just look at the message boards. None of them can accept that the linesman made two excellent decisions, it's all about how they have been treated unfairly.