PDA

View Full Version : Yogi Has 'til Xmas

Caroline Hibby
12-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Fairly reliable source tells me Yogi has been given until Xmas to prove to the Board he's taking us in the right direction. I'd love to believe he can do it, but fear we'll be seeing the back of him. I was happy to have him at ER, but our form and performances in 2010 have been mostly poor or awful, with the odd exception, and I mean odd, only Celtic away in January and home to Hamilton spring to mind. More recently I just can't understand his thinking. For example, why bring in Stephens, but persist with Hogg and then drop him yesterday for Dickho? Why doesn't Galbraith, or one of our other 3 left sided players start ahead of a right sided player (Spoony) who has no form? Finally, if he punts Riordan back out on the left when or if we sign a new striker ... I'll give up trying to work him out.

snooky
12-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Fairly reliable source tells me Yogi has been given until Xmas to prove to the Board he's taking us in the right direction. I'd love to believe he can do it, but fear we'll be seeing the back of him. I was happy to have him at ER, but our form and performances in 2010 have been mostly poor or awful, with the odd exception, and I mean odd, only Celtic away in January and home to Hamilton spring to mind. More recently I just can't understand his thinking. For example, why bring in Stephens, but persist with Hogg and then drop him yesterday for Dickho? Why doesn't Galbraith, or one of our other 3 left sided players start ahead of a right sided player (Spoony) who has no form? Finally, if he punts Riordan back out on the left when or if we sign a new striker ... I'll give up trying to work him out.

I think Yogi's fate is as much in the players' hands as his own. Whether or not he gets the tactics or team selection right is of no consequence if the players don't want to play for him.
Christmas could see the end of his reign, dears :wink: :offski:

Www1875hfc
12-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Yogi is a man under pressure,the interview with brian mclaughlin told you that,even before yesterdays result,and the version we watched was the edited version.
Lose to hamilton accies and the board will have to make a decision,as we cant afford to play in an ever emptying stadia.
Whats on offer isnt acceptable.
If you and i know it,sure as hell the board know as well.

The_Todd
12-09-2010, 07:05 PM
http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/Places/Images/seattle-2-fish-market-SeattlePOL2-fishmonger-sw.jpg

Phil D. Rolls
12-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Yogi is a man under pressure,the interview with brian mclaughlin told you that,even before yesterdays result,and the version we watched was the edited version.
Lose to hamilton accies and the board will have to make a decision,as we cant afford to play in an ever emptying stadia.

He was definitely on edge yesterday, I saw him kick the back of the dug out in rage after a ICT attack. We were still in the lead at the time.

3pm
12-09-2010, 07:14 PM
If this persists then I'll be amazed if he reaches December. I want him out - it's never nice to see anyone lose their job, especially a Hibs man but he is not up to the task in my view.

1two
12-09-2010, 07:23 PM
His time will come be it in October, December or even July 2012. But when it does, the board need to make some big appointment. For the playing team to work, the right management must be in place!

Let yogi show what he can do but when the time comes we must move forward and start taking risks on the playing side, otherwise our club will never ever be where it should be!

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM
I gave Yogi a bit of a kick in on the boards yesterday, after the game, having calmed down I feel I was being a bit harsh. It was not the greatest game and as a team we should have finished these boys off. One nil up after ten mins shows me we were controlling the game and the setup was probably right. It is not his fault we missed a penalty, or and open goal.

I think for playing against ICT and controlling the ball for large spells our full backs did nothing. I think we all thought Hart was going to push on more (perhaps injury) and Grounds would be more attacking / have some pace - sadly not the case.

A couple of changes De Graff out for Galbraith, Grounds out for Murray and a fit Hart and I do believe we have a good team capable of winning games.

Yogi you just need to help youself!

Ritchie
12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Christmas.. We could be down by then!!!:wink:

I don't think he'll reach Christmas to be honest.

erskine-hibby
12-09-2010, 07:50 PM
By Christmas, on this form, it will be too late.

Cropley10
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
I gave Yogi a bit of a kick in on the boards yesterday, after the game, having calmed down I feel I was being a bit harsh. It was not the greatest game and as a team we should have finished these boys off. One nil up after ten mins shows me we were controlling the game and the setup was probably right. It is not his fault we missed a penalty, or and open goal.

I think for playing against ICT and controlling the ball for large spells our full backs did nothing. I think we all thought Hart was going to push on more (perhaps injury) and Grounds would be more attacking / have some pace - sadly not the case.

A couple of changes De Graff out for Galbraith, Grounds out for Murray and a fit Hart and I do believe we have a good team capable of winning games.

I am one of IM's biggest fans but you have got to be either at the wind up or smoking something if - after one game - you'd bin a CCC player to replace him with IM. I don't doubt that Murray has something to offer, but it's not at LB anymore.

And btw - Galbraith is left sided/footed - De Graff is rightsided/footed.

I am actual glad Yogi is in charge and not you:greengrin

Ants
12-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Ho, Ho, Ho, roll on Xmas...

Im no Bah humbug, Scrooge Santa, but it could all be too late by then.

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I am one of IM's biggest fans but you have got to be either at the wind up or smoking something if - after one game - you'd bin a CCC player to replace him with IM. I don't doubt that Murray has something to offer, but it's not at LB anymore.

And btw - Galbraith is left sided/footed - De Graff is rightsided/footed.

I am actual glad Yogi is in charge and not you:greengrin

No mate you must be off your head, or missed every game last seasons and yesterdays. You do seem to hold the Championship in a very high regard, but he is not a CCC player, he was pumped to Norwich (league one) and stuggled for a game. There is a reason he has been farmed out again, I think I know what it might be.

There is no way he gives anywhere as much as IM, if you saw the game yesterday you would have realised that. I think we all saw Boro player and thought he was going to be a pace machine - i think Thicot would leave him standing. Showed nothing so for you to think he is first choice in that position shows how much fans forget over the 2 months no games are being played.

Cropley10
12-09-2010, 08:12 PM
No mate you must be off your head, or missed every game last seasons and yesterdays. You do seem to hold the Championship in a very high regard, but he is not a CCC player, he was pumped to Norwich (league one) and stuggled for a game. There is a reason he has been farmed out again, I think I know what it might be.

There is no way he gives anywhere as much as IM, if you saw the game yesterday you would have realised that. I think we all saw Boro player and thought he was going to be a pace machine - i think Thicot would leave him standing. Showed nothing so for you to think he is first choice in that position shows how much fans forget over the 2 months no games are being played.

You think you know what it might be eh?!! Oooooh get you - do you know lots and lots and lots about football then?

IWasThere2016
12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
I think he's got until the end of October personally.

We have some tough games that month and he'll need results .. I just cannae see it happening unless he gets Deek upfront, Galbraith wide and the Lithuanian starts with a bang!

Matty_Jack04
12-09-2010, 08:24 PM

cracking example of whats happening to the hibs support, this thread has grounds down as a dud after 1 performance another thread has duffy down as useless with 0 games.

all these rumours regarding whats happening at ER if true IM is main instigator so good on yogi for dropping/replacing him, yogi's toiling im first to admit it but if he's not receiving the support from the players he has no chance (how many times have there been quotes like ' half the team dinnae give a S***') then he doesnt get the support from the fans either, lets just keep hounding out managers and players when things are tough eh........that will help the cause :grr:

Carheenlea
12-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Really can`t imagine the Hibs board would set a specific date to make a decision whether the manager stays or goes? These kind of statements are trotted out by the likes of us on message boards or talking football in the pub rather than the guys running football clubs.

I don`t doubt that should this wretched run of form/results continue, the directors will be forced into taking steps sooner rather than later.

I saw enough yesterday to suggest that we can turn these points dropped into victories, but for Hughes` sake, it has to start immediately with full points on Saturday. With trips to Killie in the League Cup and then away to Celtic, we then have St Johnstone (A), Killie (H), Aberdeen (A), a possible League Cup QF then Dundee Utd (A) before we face Hearts at Easter Road.

If Hughes lasts till the derby he will be doing well..

SloopJB
12-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Fairly reliable.
We complain about players thar are fairly good. We want better.
how many spl managers will not be judged by christmas. It makes sense but its up to yogi to show hibs.net he is the man for the job.

There's less bitching between posters on the scotsman site than here these days.

CallumLaidlaw
12-09-2010, 08:59 PM

So far you've taught me that you have no room for critisism for Ian Murray, and that if you don't agree with someones opinion, "they obviously haven't watched any of Hibs games last year or this year", unlike you, who must be an Uberfan.
I'm thankful I have your wisdom to keep me right

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2010, 09:11 PM
The bottom line is that we are losing or drawing games against clubs we should be able to beat and that unfortunately is the yardstick Yogi has to be measured by.

We were lucky to beat Motherwell too. On paper at least we should be giving Dundee Utd a game, but when it counted for them last season we got our backside kicked.

In every game apart from one since Yogi took charge the Yams have brushed us aside and given the powder puff efforts from our team this year ( apart from the 1st half against Rankgers ) I for one am living in dread of the first derby.

I am happy for Yogi to say he needs time to get a team together to compete for 3rd and all that. But with the players he has, to struggle against St Mirren, ICT and other teams with half the resources we have is frankly unacceptable.

I have no wish to see him get the push, but the way things have started this season he is going to start running out of time soon. As I say, not because of results against top 6 teams, but because of poor performances against bottom 6 sides, which after a full season in charge is less than we should be entitled to expect.

HibeeMcGinn1
12-09-2010, 09:20 PM

and i think he could be away

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 09:45 PM
You think you know what it might be eh?!! Oooooh get you - do you know lots and lots and lots about football then?

Clearly more than you.

cracking example of whats happening to the hibs support, this thread has grounds down as a dud after 1 performance another thread has duffy down as useless with 0 games.

Dont think I used the word dud, just stated that in my opinion his performance was average at best. The real problem with this board is people who consistantly want to oust players for boys they have never even seen play - ridiculous. The problem my friend is the fickle nature. I did not have him as a dud, but many people on here had IM out of the door in favour of a player no one had ever heard of, seen play, or thought about - I think you will find that is the problem with our support.

all these rumours regarding whats happening at ER if true IM is main instigator so good on yogi for dropping/replacing him, yogi's toiling im first to admit it but if he's not receiving the support from the players he has no chance (how many times have there been quotes like ' half the team dinnae give a S***') then he doesnt get the support from the fans either, lets just keep hounding out managers and players when things are tough eh........that will help the cause :grr:

Never heard those rumours and if you believe that about him then you need some serious help. You will in addition note from other posts that I do not believe in hounding out managers, in fact I believe that given Yogis place at the club and his history he deserves even more support - and that would go for the players that have grown up supporting the club. For as long as I can remember you never turn on one of your own.

So far you've taught me that you have no room for critisism for Ian Murray, and that if you don't agree with someones opinion, "they obviously haven't watched any of Hibs games last year or this year", unlike you, who must be an Uberfan.
I'm thankful I have your wisdom to keep me right

I dont believe in giving one of our players a hard time for nothing. I did not see posts on here last season saying he is finished, all of a sudden a player from the world beating boro turns up at our door and people (I will let you decide if you are included in that) turn there back on the same group of players that finished the last season for us - talk me through it makes no sense.

For the record I was always taught you never turn your back on a Hibby that plays for the club - sadly this is something that no longer seems to apply amoungst some of our support.

Fact of the matter I clearly stated this was my opinion and if you take the time to read back, you will see it was you that commented on my opinion in the first instance.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-09-2010, 09:54 PM
losing to Hamilton at home just isn't an option. A defeat against Celtic would not be unexpected but it could be set in the wrong context as yet another disaster. I accept that things don't get fixed overnight but the reality is that this is a results business and there comes a point where the backing of the board is immaterial if you have a less than half full stadium and a team that the manager has been bankrolled [within the limits of our budget] to assemble, just not cutting it.

Albion Hibs
12-09-2010, 09:58 PM
The problem Yogi will have is the board will act when the gaits drop. This is likely to happen sooner rather than later given the difficult time people face on the home/work front. I for one would give more time, I have posted on here many time saying the same thing, the last thing we want to become is a club that sacks managers all of the time ala Newcastle. Whilst that does not mean - keep someone for the sake of it, it does mean giving a bit of time and getting behind the manager and team.

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 11:02 PM

If he goes then I hope it will be before Christmas as it will give José Mário dos Santos Félix Mourinho time to see what changes we need to be making in the January transfer window.

Hope he (and the players) manage to turn things around but I won't be holding my breath.

Ritchie
13-09-2010, 06:11 AM
IMO.... when we get beat by killie in the cup, yogi will be no more!

Steve20
13-09-2010, 06:22 AM
If we don't beat Hamilton, he should go.

Cropley10
13-09-2010, 07:31 AM
The problem Yogi will have is the board will act when the gaits drop. This is likely to happen sooner rather than later given the difficult time people face on the home/work front. I for one would give more time, I have posted on here many time saying the same thing, the last thing we want to become is a club that sacks managers all of the time ala Newcastle. Whilst that does not mean - keep someone for the sake of it, it does mean giving a bit of time and getting behind the manager and team.

:faf:

Green_one
13-09-2010, 07:33 AM
If we don't beat Hamilton, he should go.

:agree: Pretty much it for me. Hamilton are gash and after that we have Celtic (another home defeat) and St Johnstone (who murdered us last year at Perth). So unless we pick up the 3 from Hamilton, we are mid October and near bottom. Will Hughes even survive the clash with our ex manager in the cup?

If Xmas is true, then the board have no bottle. The crisis will come before that unless we put some results together, especially at home.

Hibbyradge
13-09-2010, 07:37 AM
I think the fact that he isn't being allowed to sign players for more than a year and hasn't started re-negotiating the contracts which run out in 2011 speaks volumes.

Caversham Green
13-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Really can`t imagine the Hibs board would set a specific date to make a decision whether the manager stays or goes?

:agree: If they did they certainly wouldn't make it public. In fact they probably wouldn't even tell Yogi. "Sources" regarding board decisions, players contracts and transfer fees are anything but reliable.

Hibbyradge
13-09-2010, 07:39 AM
I think he's got until the end of October personally.

We have some tough games that month and he'll need results .. I just cannae see it happening unless he gets Deek upfront, Galbraith wide and the Lithuanian starts with a bang!

Or Deek starts scoring penalties.

GloryGlory
13-09-2010, 07:41 AM
I think the fact that he isn't being allowed to sign players for more than a year and hasn't started re-negotiating the contracts which run out in 2011 speaks volumes.

I think the fact that the Board has announced it needs to get the wages:turnover ratio down is also relevant here. They are waiting to see what happens on several fronts - e.g. Bamba, any transfer fee at New Year?, attendances, progress in cups - before setting next year's budget.

Would, of course. also give any new manager scope to bring in his own players, but as that manager would be working to the same or even less budget than Hughes, I would expect at best we would be replacing like with like.

HFC 0-7
13-09-2010, 07:47 AM
He was definitely on edge yesterday, I saw him kick the back of the dug out in rage after a ICT attack. We were still in the lead at the time.

Wouldnt read to much into that to be honest, even when we were on our good run last year he used to kick and at time punch the dug out. He usually rages about anything from the dug out which is why i think the players dont know what they have meant to be doing half the time.

Wilson
13-09-2010, 07:48 AM

Given the news of the current wages to turnover ratio I wouldn't be surprised if the board were looking at things from a year to year perspective in any case. It could be as much a sign of their getting jittery in the current climate as it could be a lack of faith in Yogi.

IWasThere2016
13-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Or Deek starts scoring penalties.

He certainly shouldn't be taking the next one!

Spike Mandela
13-09-2010, 08:17 AM

Let him take it from 25 yards out, he'll be fine.

Speedway
13-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Of course he's got until Christmas.

Every manager of every under performing department has a deadline set by a board for them to have turned it around by.

According to the .net consensus, we have an ambitionless board anyway, so as long as he's top six having won at least as many as he's lost by December, he'll be safe.

delbert
13-09-2010, 08:25 AM
This thread is about a manager who told us our pre-seaon had been planned meticulously - oh yeah?? - a few questions then, why were we so brutally pumped out of Europe after this meticulous planning and after having had Maribor watched 2 or 3 times, we played a decent side with our best players sat on the bench, and set up defensively when we can't defend for toffee, is that planning? Why wait till last 24 hours of the window and 3 weeks into the season to address a problem which has been there for months, namely the marshmallow centre of our defence and the total lack of pace in the left back position? Apparently Dickoh had been watched 'for a while' so why on earth wait till the last minute to bring him in, we either rated him or did'nt, or did we suddenly just rate him in a last day panic? We now have a defence still getting to know each other almost a month into the season, crazy!!. The Stokes saga had been going on behind the scenes for months, so would someone even reasonably astute not have forseen him going, noted that we were a bit short up front and done something about it before now. The Duffy situation is out of his hands, that's unfortunate, but even with him fit, we are threadbare up front, is'nt that the managers job to 'manage' the squad properly?? Sorry but the guy does'nt have it, we need an organiser in now, and the longer we wait, the further we are going to fall, Hamilton on Saturday must be last chance saloon, it has to be 3 points and a performance or it should be Sayonara Yogi.

Phil MaGlass
13-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Although I have slated Hughes now and again on here I do feel however if we had taken our chances against ICT we would have comfortably won the game(Deeks leave the penalties alone). I cant blame Hughes for De Graafs miss or Deeks pen. A win yesterday would have set us up nicely for the coming weeks,I think, mibbe its just me cos I had nowt to drink at the weekend but I am beginning to see the making of a decent team, wether Hughes is the man to do it is another point.
I was sorely disappointed to see us succumbing yet again to an ineffective ICT and it also had shades of last seasons disappointments but if we can shore up a bit at the back and take our chances better up front then we should still be in line for a fruitful season. It sounds a wee bit fanciful, ah ken, but we can live in hope.

down the slope
13-09-2010, 08:44 AM
This thread is about a manager who told us our pre-seaon had been planned meticulously - oh yeah?? - a few questions then, why were we so brutally pumped out of Europe after this meticulous planning and after having had Maribor watched 2 or 3 times, we played a decent side with our best players sat on the bench, and set up defensively when we can't defend for toffee, is that planning? Why wait till last 24 hours of the window and 3 weeks into the season to address a problem which has been there for months, namely the marshmallow centre of our defence and the total lack of pace in the left back position? Apparently Dickoh had been watched 'for a while' so why on earth wait till the last minute to bring him in, we either rated him or did'nt, or did we suddenly just rate him in a last day panic? We now have a defence still getting to know each other almost a month into the season, crazy!!. The Stokes saga had been going on behind the scenes for months, so would someone even reasonably astute not have forseen him going, noted that we were a bit short up front and done something about it before now. The Duffy situation is out of his hands, that's unfortunate, but even with him fit, we are threadbare up front, is'nt that the managers job to 'manage' the squad properly?? Sorry but the guy does'nt have it, we need an organiser in now, and the longer we wait, the further we are going to fall, Hamilton on Saturday must be last chance saloon, it has to be 3 points and a performance or it should be Sayonara Yogi.

Spot on, but you forgot to mention the three keepers and no right back situation we had from last season, i think what we see now is that the manager is learning on the job so to speak. I like most people thought we were getting someone in who new his trade and would see at least the obvious that was needing sorted but it seems it takes a long time for the penny to drop for him, time that is rapidly running out.

HFC 0-7
13-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Although I have slated Hughes now and again on here I do feel however if we had taken our chances against ICT we would have comfortably won the game(Deeks leave the penalties alone). I cant blame Hughes for De Graafs miss or Deeks pen. A win yesterday would have set us up nicely for the coming weeks,I think, mibbe its just me cos I had nowt to drink at the weekend but I am beginning to see the making of a decent team, wether Hughes is the man to do it is another point.
I was sorely disappointed to see us succumbing yet again to an ineffective ICT and it also had shades of last seasons disappointments but if we can shore up a bit at the back and take our chances better up front then we should still be in line for a fruitful season. It sounds a wee bit fanciful, ah ken, but we can live in hope.

Its what yogi done that caused us problems. At the start of last season everything was rosey until teams realised how to play against us, that required Yogi to change his tactics which he couldnt do.

Its when teams start to get an upper hand against us that yogi fails badly, he doesnt know what to do, he chucks players on that shouldnt be on the pitch (Thicot). He has done the same sort of thing in recent weeks when its going against us and he brings galbraith on in left back. Yogi does not have the ability to change a game tactically in our favour and seems to be the last one to realise that changes need to be made.

I am of the same opinion as you in that we have a fairly decent first 11 that should be able to beat the likes of inverness comfortably but IMO Yogi is not the answer.

Prawn Sandwich
13-09-2010, 08:52 AM
The critical date for Yogi is Friday 29th October when Shamrock Rovers play their last game of the Irish league. As of today they look like they will win their championship. An intelligent Manager called Michael O'Neil who has served his time will hopefully be looking to take the next step in Management and hopefully he will think moving back to Scotland is the next step? :wink:

Phil MaGlass
13-09-2010, 08:55 AM
The critical date for Yogi is Friday 29th October when Shamrock Rovers play their last game of the Irish league. As of today they look like they will win their championship. An intelligent Manager called Michael O'Neil who has served his time will hopefully be looking to take the next step in Management and hopefully he will think moving back to Scotland is the next step? :wink:

Mibbe too much of a step up for him,
whit aboot auld Walter, hes goin intae retirement?

cad
13-09-2010, 09:21 AM
The writings on the wall for Yogi .
Think the Tache likes to keep us on a 2 year cycle of managers , just so hes the Big Boss as per Hibs
business is good ,footballs *****, looks awfi like a JC scenario ,must be easier to let a manager go than invest in a decent squad ,cheaper to.

Cropley10
13-09-2010, 09:42 AM

That's a great idea - a very cheap option, but an ex-player so the fans will give him time and so on.

If not MON then there's also Danny Lennon - doing a good job at St Mirren with less money and he's an ex-player too. :dunno:

BT58
13-09-2010, 10:05 AM
has RP ever sacked a manager in his term of leadership????????
if we where to get shot of JH,we should shoorely look at a manager whos had NO
hibs experience,,jeeez how many ex players are we gonna try before landing the right guy
if JH goes, why not try Butcher from ICT
would he look at us as a stepping stone,,,,maybe, but, but he had a few years at the well, and hes now been at ICT a wee while now

GloryGlory
13-09-2010, 10:05 AM
That's a great idea - a very cheap option, but an ex-player so the fans will give him time and so on.

If not MON then there's also Danny Lennon - doing a good job at St Mirren with less money and he's an ex-player too. :dunno:

Four league games in...??? :confused:

Naw, think I'll pass - we'd end up with a team full of ex-Cowdenbeath players, is that any better than ex-Falkirk players?

Aldo
13-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Me personally....I would give him until 4.45pm (or there or there abouts) and if the result is not 3 points then he goes ENDOF.

The guys does not have a clue and like I have said before and will say again he only has a plan A (and only just mind you). Once a team has sussed us out Hughes doesnt have ut clue how to change the team around.

Sorry but only 4 wins in 25 or so competitive matches, the man should go....Mixu was sacked for less.

Yet again we are in for a very long and disappointing season. Was thinking of going to the Killie cup game but there is no way I am going down there to watch us get pumped (and thats whats going to happen) against a Killie team that seems to be getting better by the week.

For me its :bye::bye:Hughes before we end up way down the league and out both cups.

bawheid
13-09-2010, 10:38 AM

I can't actually work out if this post is tongue in cheek or not. :confused:

Michael O'Neill and Danny Lennon? Seriously?!

If we're actually going down the route of sacking yet another manager (and I hope we don't), the whole policy for hiring a new one has to be revamped. To take a chance on another untested ex-Hibby would be complete madness IMO.

Caroline Hibby
13-09-2010, 11:15 AM
has RP ever sacked a manager in his term of leadership????????
if we where to get shot of JH,we should shoorely look at a manager whos had NO
hibs experience,,jeeez how many ex players are we gonna try before landing the right guy
if JH goes, why not try Butcher from ICT
would he look at us as a stepping stone,,,,maybe, but, but he had a few years at the well, and hes now been at ICT a wee while now

I think this is a fair point. The best candidate and not the fans' favourite should get the job. It's all premature as he will be given time, even beyond the Hamilton game, win, lose or draw, IMO. For what it's worth I think Yogi has too many 'mavericks' to deal with and can't deal with them, I'm thinking of Riordan, Miller and previously, Stokes. Looked to me on Sat that he couldn't control Riordan at all. At least a couple of times JH tried to 'summon' DR for a word and he completely ignored him, despite knowing JH was wanting a chat. As for Miller, I think he's your typical Billy Bigshot, but will never be dropped. We need only 1 out of McBride/Miller.

Cropley10
13-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I can't actually work out if this post is tongue in cheek or not. :confused:

Michael O'Neill and Danny Lennon? Seriously?!

If we're actually going down the route of sacking yet another manager (and I hope we don't), the whole policy for hiring a new one has to be revamped. To take a chance on another untested ex-Hibby would be complete madness IMO.

Tongue in cheek BH....

There are a number of people who [still] think that the primary qualification for managing Hibs is having played for them.

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I think this is a fair point. The best candidate and not the fans' favourite should get the job. It's all premature as he will be given time, even beyond the Hamilton game, win, lose or draw, IMO. For what it's worth I think Yogi has too many 'mavericks' to deal with and can't deal with them, I'm thinking of Riordan, Miller and previously, Stokes. Looked to me on Sat that he couldn't control Riordan at all. At least a couple of times JH tried to 'summon' DR for a word and he completely ignored him, despite knowing JH was wanting a chat. As for Miller, I think he's your typical Billy Bigshot, but will never be dropped. We need only 1 out of McBride/Miller.

I think only one of them has a football brain, and it ain't the manager.

houston1875
13-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Anybody hear the story yogi had stokes by the throat,coz stokes said if he wasnae sold to smelltic he'd make yogi's life a misery etc? Dunno if any truth to it?
Seems to be a lot of stories of unrest flying around?

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Anybody hear the story yogi had stokes by the throat,coz stokes said if he wasnae sold to smelltic he'd make yogi's life a misery etc? Dunno if any truth to it?

I heard that from Kevin, or was it the bloke in the pub. Quite a story, he also said Stokes had threatened to fire bomb Yogi's house and poison the Edinburgh water supply. I reckon he was making it up.

houston1875
13-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I heard that from Kevin, or was it the bloke in the pub. Quite a story, he also said Stokes had threatened to fire bomb Yogi's house and poison the Edinburgh water supply. I reckon he was making it up.

Lol

herdy
13-09-2010, 11:37 AM

If riordan had scored the pen, and de graffe had scored the open goal, we would all have said it was a good day. We didn't play that bad, I feel we just need a wee bit of luck, and we'll get back to winning ways. If i were Yogi, i'd put the same team out against hamilton (with the exception of Nish) and tell them to go and pay the fans back for what happened on saturday. We will win soon, I truly believe we do have a decent set of players, and we are definately capable of playing better than we have, we just need a bit of luck, a win just something to get the spirits up.

houston1875
13-09-2010, 11:40 AM
If riordan had scored the pen, and de graffe had scored the open goal, we would all have said it was a good day. We didn't play that bad, I feel we just need a wee bit of luck, and we'll get back to winning ways. If i were Yogi, i'd put the same team out against hamilton (with the exception of Nish) and tell them to go and pay the fans back for what happened on saturday. We will win soon, I truly believe we do have a decent set of players, and we are definately capable of playing better than we have, we just need a bit of luck, a win just something to get the spirits up.

Who gonna take nish's place?!

herdy
13-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Who gonna take nish's place?!

anyone !!

I would imagine this lithuanian boy might be the best bet if he signs.

Big Nishy just has too many bad days at the office.

bawheid
13-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Tongue in cheek BH....

There are a number of people who [still] think that the primary qualification for managing Hibs is having played for them.

Phew :greengrin

3pm
13-09-2010, 11:47 AM

Yes he should.

truehibernian
13-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I think our best managers in recent times have been those without a Hibernian past. There is always the added passion, fear of failure, and becoming a "player on the sidelines" and getting too absorbed in the game. The fans emotions and expectations rise in a way too as we are eager for "one of our own" to do well.

I often looked at Mixu closely and saw him get so engrossed in the game I honestly think he forgot somehow that he had subs he could use to change the game (sounds daft but I seriously think that was the case). John Collins had the right work ethic and professionalism, but sadly not for a Scottish side and not Hibs. The team were as fit as fiddles but because of players fickleness and "pride", they didn't collectively buy in to the "we are here to work not play around" ethic.

I also think the results at St Johnstone could work for us if we try and prize away McInnes. Yes, they are on a poor run as we speak, but that man has had that team punching above their weight since he has been there, working alongside a Chairman who believe it or not is more prudent and fearful of loss of money than our very own RP. Depending on his position you could also perhaps push the boat out and try and tempt Chris Coleman who has been out the game for a bit and perhaps would fancy a crack at a new country.

Either way, John Hughes record at Hibs is terrible and getting worse. We all dearly want the team and manager to do well but for me he looks, sounds and acts like a dead man walking and is certainly not conducting himself in this "professional manner" on and off the pitch. It really is time for hard work, less hilarity in the dressing room, less rhetoric and cliches, and down to the brass tacks of getting the players respecting the manager and fans. They play for themselves, not the manager at present. And the team is still as soft as putty. There is not one person in that dressing room that I would fear having a right good go at or coming to blows with for not pulling their weight and that includes Yogi. That sometimes sparks reactions as well as having a few respected players. Someone hard as nails who gets in the faces of those not giving there all. The "edge in training" is certainly not being taken onto the pitch on a Saturday. And someone needs to remind John that we don't get 3 points for a good training session.......only on matchday do we get the chance to get them :wink:

houston1875
13-09-2010, 11:48 AM
anyone !!

I would imagine this lithuanian boy might be the best bet if he signs.

Big Nishy just has too many bad days at the office.

Well thank for that coz a was waiting and expecting you to say stick Galbraith up front..

Lol

Kojock
13-09-2010, 11:50 AM
At the same time as Yogi and Chipper became our management team I acquired two gold fish, one I called Yogi the other I called Chipper.

This morning when I came down the stairs Yogi had sadly passed away and is now swimming around in the big fish tank in the sky. :boo hoo:

Is Yogis career mirroring Yogi the fish.............. :confused:

Ritchie
13-09-2010, 11:51 AM
:agree: Pretty much it for me. Hamilton are gash and after that we have Celtic (another home defeat) and St Johnstone (who murdered us last year at Perth). So unless we pick up the 3 from Hamilton, we are mid October and near bottom. Will Hughes even survive the clash with our ex manager in the cup?

If Xmas is true, then the board have no bottle. The crisis will come before that unless we put some results together, especially at home.

if parkhead is classed as our home ground now..... :wink:

houston1875
13-09-2010, 11:52 AM
At the same time as Yogi and Chipper became our management team I acquired two gold fish, one I called Yogi the other I called Chipper.

This morning when I came down the stairs Yogi had sadly passed away and is now swimming around in the big fish tank in the sky. :boo hoo:

Lol dead in the water

herdy
13-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Well thank for that coz a was waiting and expecting you to say stick Galbraith up front..

Galbraith is never a striker. He does seem to do ok out on the left for the last 20 minutes !

Yogi needs to have some options up front, maybe the lithuanian boy and that guy denneboom (cost me a fiver as i had him for first goal against st mirren !)

Peevemor
13-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Is that where they go after you flush them down the loo?

truehibernian
13-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Is that where they go after you flush them down the loo?

Och Peevemor, don't ruin the myth and tell him about Seafield.......fish have feelings too :greengrin

houston1875
13-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Galbraith is never a striker. He does seem to do ok out on the left for the last 20 minutes !

Yogi needs to have some options up front, maybe the lithuanian boy and that guy denneboom (cost me a fiver as i had him for first goal against st mirren !)

You never know Galbraith could maybe play off a good target man up front,he's quick,decent first touch,pace to sit off a shoulder of a centreback and take him away fae the big huddy defenders in spl? But he is a bit of a lightweight?

Kojock
13-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Lol dead in the water

I was thinking more along the lines of "Down the pan"

houston1875
13-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of "Down the pan"

Lol

Kaiser1962
13-09-2010, 12:54 PM
The bit about Celtic's not true, sorry. And he didn't actually have him "by the throat" although a reasonable attempt was, I believe, made.