PDA

View Full Version : Tony Mowbray anyone ?

Eaststand
12-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Even before yesterday's disappointment, it seems that we continue to stumble along with a style of play, and team selection/tactics that simply aren't working.
I've been patient in waiting for Yogi and his backroom team to get it right on the park, but it's looking more and more as though it just isn't working for them.

We need change and we need it soon before the slide continues any longer.

If I had to pick a new manager to take us forward, I'd go for Tony Mowbray to come back and get us organised and also playing decent football again.
TM had an excellent record of bringing us in good young players at very little cost from other clubs, and IMO the team that won us the cup was TM's team
Yep, TM left us to go to try his luck managing WBA then onto the Tic but he'll have learnt from those experiences and will now realise that the grass isn't always greener elsewher etc etc

Rod, you've got his number, make the call :wink:

GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
12-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I'd have him back at "the football club" in a flash.

hibeeleicester
12-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Wages.

Betty Boop
12-09-2010, 05:27 PM
He will be at Middlesborough shortly, when they get rid of Strachan.

.Sean.
12-09-2010, 05:33 PM
There's no chance he'd come back, plus if he did I think he'd see us as a short-term fix until someone bigger comes in for him.

The_Todd
12-09-2010, 05:36 PM
He's shown he'd be willing to jump ship mid-season before and he'd do so again.

Also, any manager who manages to take a big budget team like Celtc to St Mirren and lose 4-0 probably isn't worth going back to.

Eaststand
12-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Aye, you might well be right about that BB but would he turn down the chance to manage us again to wait and see if Boro come calling...I dunno and I'd love RP to test that theory out.
As for the wages issue that some-one else raises...he's currently unemployed and managing us surely pays decent money

GGTTH

marinello59
12-09-2010, 05:37 PM
No.

col02
12-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Did anybody happen to catch Celtic last season on television?:confused: They were honking and with a far greater budget than Hibs yet they could not beat the same teams week in week out that we struggle against! I still back Hughes as I think it takes longer than one season to get your ideas across. That said some Hibs fans are not renowned for their patience due to our glorious record of success in the past.

Eaststand
12-09-2010, 05:42 PM
That may be true Sean but lets face facts here, any manager that takes a non OF team to a decent level in Scotland catches the attention of other clubs down south, so TM wouldn't really be any different, BUT he's tried that and might well decide to do a longer term job on raising the standard at Easter Road and that would do his CV a lot of good too...it's a win win for us I reckon bud

There's no chance he'd come back, plus if he did I think he'd see us as a short-term fix until someone bigger comes in for him.

lucky
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Have you forgotten his after match huddle with the spin offs on first game back at ER. No fing way would I take him back.

Yogi must be given time this constant changing is no good for the club.

Judas Iscariot
12-09-2010, 05:47 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:3cGJwxdXrRDvRM::forum.bayswatercity.c om/viewtopic.php?t%3D12418%26sid%3De958509f4018298969 a371b6d005439f&t=1&usg=AFrqEzcMYksGXu1n8JtxfGTzZLLtR7SrPA

No thanks..

Dicked us right before a derby then pulled the huddle in the centre circle at ER after the game..

**** him!

M11BMO
12-09-2010, 05:48 PM
No chance he'll ever be back at ER. Celtic was a job too big for him. He'll be well suited to Championship football... And he'll do well, wheather it's at Boro or another club. IMO.

banarc7062
12-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Add me to the "yes" list. Yes he jumped ship to try the big leagues but as has been mentioned he has gained surely from experience. When he was our manager he was a total novice but had us playing entertaining football and if that was on offer again then I would certainly buy that season ticket I nearly got at the start of the season. Also I would think wages for a Hibs manager will exceed any dole money. At this time we have nothing to lose.....except perhaps a man who could again bring exciting football to us once more. Yogi has unfortunately demonstrated that he has very limited man management skills. Come on Rod, give it consideration and try a 'phone call to test the water. GGTTH

California-Hibs
12-09-2010, 05:51 PM
No thanks, i'm quite happy with John Hughes as our manager.

FromTheCapital
12-09-2010, 05:55 PM
I'd Mowbray back anyday !
I like Yogi but he's not the right man for the job....... Sadly.

lyonhibs
12-09-2010, 05:57 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:3cGJwxdXrRDvRM::forum.bayswatercity.c om/viewtopic.php?t%3D12418%26sid%3De958509f4018298969 a371b6d005439f&t=1&usg=AFrqEzcMYksGXu1n8JtxfGTzZLLtR7SrPA

No thanks..

Dicked us right before a derby then pulled the huddle in the centre circle at ER after the game..

**** him!

Is that a "maybe" then??? :greengrin

FWIW, I'm a firm no no no no.

If we're going to hypothesise re: former managers, I'd take JC back before Mowbray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8&feature=related

etc etc etc

HibbyAndy
12-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Id have him back in a heartbeat.

The_Todd
12-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Oh, and I forget, his walkout happened not long after agreeing his new contract which hadn't yet even come into force before he took off.

killie-hibby
12-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Add me to the "yes" list. Yes he jumped ship to try the big leagues but as has been mentioned he has gained surely from experience. When he was our manager he was a total novice but had us playing entertaining football and if that was on offer again then I would certainly buy that season ticket I nearly got at the start of the season. Also I would think wages for a Hibs manager will exceed any dole money. At this time we have nothing to lose.....except perhaps a man who could again bring exciting football to us once more. Yogi has unfortunately demonstrated that he has very limited man management skills. Come on Rod, give it consideration and try a 'phone call to test the water. GGTTH

TM's not on the dole yet. Still receiving his wages from Celtic.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
not for me, few lucky breaks early on, seems to be on a similar downward track as the likes of Alan Pardew and David O'Leary, for example, where the hype never matched the ability. likely to be all downhill until they end up on talk sport..............

And as a PS, I dont buy any of this having to move onto a bigger club crap, bombed at each of them.

snooky
12-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I'd rather have Tony Nobody than that Janus back at ER.

The Silver Fox
12-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Although he would be an able replacement should Yogi fall by the wayside, his CV although damaged by his time at Celtic is still too attractive for Hibs to be a realistic option for him to consider. Even if he did money would be the obstacle.

Alex Trager
12-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Personally i think all these people that want rid of yogi are wrong and i believe the board are in this for the long run.i think we'll get it right soon and then everyone will be forced by me to take a massive slice of humble pie....the man needs time and can only work with what he has.

GGTTH

Alfred E Newman
12-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Personally i think all these people that want rid of yogi are wrong and i believe the board are in this for the long run.i think we'll get it right soon and then everyone will be forced by me to take a massive slice of humble pie....the man needs time and can only work with what he has.

GGTTH

Lets hope its fairly soon then or we can switch the lights out.

Eaststand
12-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I'd be delighted to have to eat humble pie if Yogi gets it right, I would really love Yogi to get it right but the evidence seems to be that just aint happening and I'm worried about the results we've had in 2010 and also the way we play

I reckon time will probably be up for Yogi in the next 2 months and the board need to start making plans to suss out a suitable Manager to take our club foward

GGTTH

GGTTH

mcaitchi
12-09-2010, 08:10 PM

YOGI - MUST GO !! ffs, we 9th in the table, he continues to baffle with subs etc

NISH - was like bambi on ice !! - and he brings THICKOT on - who costs us the 2 points !! - sorry folks i like yogi ..

Not sure about bringing mowbray back tho ??!! - but i dont want another ex-hibs player .......

Would be nice if the tache - actually paid money and brought an EXPERIENCED MANAGER !! - to the so called family home !! :wink:

IWasThere2016
12-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Wages.

:agree: And that might change if he takes another post.

I concur - sadly, as I'd have him back.

Matty_Jack04
12-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Let him rott, should us no respect with his huddle antics

jacomo
12-09-2010, 08:52 PM

Amazed Boro didn't approach him when he was at Hibs.

But his dismissal of us as a club when he was at Celtic rules out any chance of a return. Until Christmas he wouldn't even refer to us by name.

yekimevol
12-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Even before yesterday's disappointment, it seems that we continue to stumble along with a style of play, and team selection/tactics that simply aren't working.
I've been patient in waiting for Yogi and his backroom team to get it right on the park, but it's looking more and more as though it just isn't working for them.

If I had to pick a new manager to take us forward, I'd go for Tony Mowbray to come back and get us organised and also playing decent football again.
TM had an excellent record of bringing us in good young players at very little cost from other clubs, and IMO the team that won us the cup was TM's team
Yep, TM left us to go to try his luck managing WBA then onto the Tic but he'll have learnt from those experiences and will now realise that the grass isn't always greener elsewher etc etc

GGTTH
i agree with every point you make. we could get tony back because im not sure if a championship / preimer league team would take the risk after celtic

BUT there is one problem he is on gardening duty at celtic, ie he was never sacked and is still getting a wage.

about tony deserting hibs.
tony said he would only leave hibs for a club that was in the premiership or one he could take there. for example tony knocked back ipswich when they offerd him a bigger wage than he was on at hibs.

3pm
12-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I am sure Mowbray - due to the media - has had enough of Scottish football.

mcaitchi
12-09-2010, 09:46 PM
i agree with every point you make. we could get tony back because im not sure if a championship / preimer league team would take the risk after celtic

BUT there is one problem he is on gardening duty at celtic, ie he was never sacked and is still getting a wage.

Within the law - Tony mowbray - could " volunteer " to work for any club !!!

with a one off payment - say his wage bill for the year - being sent tax free into his bank account !! - its quite easy to arrange really ??? !!! :wink:

just like the image rights - that avoid tax free payments lol - mowbray and image rights dont seem to work in same sentance tho !!! lolol...

ScottB
12-09-2010, 10:11 PM
AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Can we please have a new rule? No asking for Mowbray back?!

In all seriousness though, No. Just no. And here's why.

Yes, we did well under him, we played nice stuff etc. We also won the square route of f all under him.

Mowbray lucked into turning up as we produced a truly remarkable crop of youngsters, both in terms of quality and number. He made a couple of great buys; Murphy, Sproule etc. But also brought some god awful terrible players to the club.

In his entire time here, he persisted with the single worst goalkeeper I have ever seen anywhere, ever. He couldn't organise a defense to save himself and while we were capable of playing the Old Firm off the park on our day, we would more than likely get kicked off the park by the lower teams.

He was found out big time at Celtic, he ain't gonna do anything for us.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Tony Mowbray anyone ?

no

Jim44
12-09-2010, 11:14 PM
From what we could see on TV etc.I think he lost any enthusiasm he had for the game while at Parkhead and was almost a broken man. I don't think he'll return to football at any significant level. Having said that, it's painfully obvious that we are going nowhere fast with Hughes and any 'break' from the inevitable plummet, even with Mowbray, might be worth considering. Then again, how long might that 'light relief' last before we are again in freefall.............................nah, forget Mowbray.

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 11:35 PM
A big fat NO.

silverhibee
12-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Gordon Strachan. His coat must be close to falling of that shoogly peg. Deeks would be delighted.:greengrin

oldbutdim
12-09-2010, 11:55 PM
AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Can we please have a new rule? No asking for Mowbray back?!

In all seriousness though, No. Just no. And here's why.

Yes, we did well under him, we played nice stuff etc. We also won the square route of f all under him.

Mowbray lucked into turning up as we produced a truly remarkable crop of youngsters, both in terms of quality and number. He made a couple of great buys; Murphy, Sproule etc. But also brought some god awful terrible players to the club.

In his entire time here, he persisted with the single worst goalkeeper I have ever seen anywhere, ever. He couldn't organise a defense to save himself and while we were capable of playing the Old Firm off the park on our day, we would more than likely get kicked off the park by the lower teams.

He was found out big time at Celtic, he ain't gonna do anything for us.

I can't add anything to the above.
Other than................

Why is it that after a manager has shafted OUR CLUB as Mowbray did, and as (on a far greater scale) Judas did, yet some folk want them back?

It's like your wife has left you for your worst enemy, yet when he boots her out, you take her back into your bed?

Mental.
:grr:

Can I clarify that neither Mowbray or Judas has been or ever will be my wife.
Or lover.

I'm not really happy about the tone of this thread now.

Iain G
13-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Is it not about time someone actually took that step and actually gave Stuart Baxter a job in Scotland... :devil:

cad
13-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Made some great signings for Hibs did Tony played some entertaining stuff got the crowds back to watch the glorious
His time at Celtic was a joke terrible signings spent a fortune and lost the league to a shocking Rangers side .
Hes a idol for the Boro support and wee ginger must be close to getting the sack but even they must have doubts about his ability to manage after his Celtic stint .
Keep well away from if you ask me .

Iain G
13-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Made some great signings for Hibs did Tony played some entertaining stuff got the crowds back to watch the glorious
His time at Celtic was a joke terrible signings spent a fortune and lost the league to a shocking Rangers side .
Hes a idol for the Boro support and wee ginger must be close to getting the sack but even they must have doubts about his ability to manage after his Celtic stint .
Keep well away from if you ask me .

Especially given he punted about half the current Boro squad from Darkheid! :greengrin

ancienthibby
13-09-2010, 06:45 AM

about tony deserting hibs.
tony said he would only leave hibs for a club that was in the premiership or one he could take there. for example tony knocked back ipswich when they offerd him a bigger wage than he was on at hibs.

Don't think that is the case.

In August when Celtic announced their financial results they included an item of £3.4 million for 'exceptional operating costs' and it was roundly accepted that the great majority of that cost was due to the firing of Tony Mowbray and his team.

If he has been fired and has been paid off the he is no longer on gardening leave!!

jonny
13-09-2010, 07:23 AM
YOGI - MUST GO !! ffs, we 9th in the table, he continues to baffle with subs etc

NISH - was like bambi on ice !! - and he brings THICKOT on - who costs us the 2 points !! - sorry folks i like yogi ..

Not sure about bringing mowbray back tho ??!! - but i dont want another ex-hibs player .......

Would be nice if the tache - actually paid money and brought an EXPERIENCED MANAGER !! - to the so called family home !! :wink:

True, we are. But lets break the mould and look at the flip side. We're only 2 points off 3rd. With Celtic and Rangers apart (who are both poor in European terms but are still a country mile ahead of the rest of the SPL) the league looks like much of a muchness and anyone could beat anyone else on any given day.
If any team put together a good run of 5 or 6 games they could find themselves running away with 3rd.

A lot of games still to go and I think theres enough in our squad to get us up into a more respectable position in the coming few weeks. Yesterday there were a few moves of 20+ passes that just didnt quite come off but on another day night have - a lot of the time IMO we simply had hard lines on the day. Id give Hughes this season and next to see what he can do. If we have 2 seasons of mediocrity then we change him but he said when he came that he had a plan thatd take around 3 years to develop - why not give him the time he asked for instead of changing managers every second season.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-09-2010, 07:31 AM
No thanks, i'm quite happy with John Hughes as our manager.

:shocked::crazy:

Cropley10
13-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Double no.

banarc7062
13-09-2010, 08:09 AM

I would prefer to be in employment using my skills than on "gardening leave".

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2010, 10:30 AM

As opposed to.......?

smurf
13-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Best times of my lifetime as a Hibby the times under him. Thank you. But we move on. As has the disrespectful twat that made a fool of himself on his return to us with Celtc. We move on... still far far better times than we have now...

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2010, 11:27 AM

GGTTH

No thanks, what about Williamson or Mixu, they are both doing well respectively:devil:

Kaiser1962
13-09-2010, 01:05 PM
NO!

Spike Mandela
13-09-2010, 01:11 PM
NO!

Yes!

Part/Time Supporter
13-09-2010, 01:52 PM
So when Yogi finally shows signs of sorting out a guff defence, the answer to Hibs' problems is to bring back Mowbray?

Okay.

:cool2:

Speedway
13-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Ultimately I think that, if we appointed Mowbray, it would be like going back to a manager that we appointed 6 years ago although we'd probably win more than we lost.

Also getting Tony in the manager's hotseat again, would mean that someone would have to make way for him.

jdships
13-09-2010, 02:08 PM
A big fat NO.

:top marks

ahibby
13-09-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd say no, because he had opportunities at Wolves and Celtic to shine and didn't. If he had we wouldn't even be discussing him now in this context, so let's not bother. Wolves fans expected to be promoted no matter who took over, they had the players.

Speedway
13-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I'd say no, because he had opportunities at Wolves and Celtic to shine and didn't. If he had we wouldn't even be discussing him now in this context, so let's not bother. Wolves fans expected to be promoted no matter who took over, they had the players.

By Wolves AH, do you mean their arch rivals West Brom?

ahibby
13-09-2010, 02:37 PM
By Wolves AH, do you mean their arch rivals West Brom?

Probably; head problems this afties. At least I got the W right.

Kaiser1962
13-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Yes!

As suggested earlier he was lucky Spike. I honestly thought that he was the real deal but with hindsight he arrived at Hibs at the right time and I give him credit for bringing on the young players, who had been at ER since they were boys most of them, and one or two signings. The majority of his signings were gash (Konte?) and I think we look back at his reign rather more leniently than we have others.

That and his utterly classless behaviour when he returned with Celtic. He really disappointed me that day.

Lago
13-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh, and I forget, his walkout happened not long after agreeing his new contract which hadn't yet even come into force before he took off.

and after his rant about taking Hibs as far as he could & no way was he going to stick around Scottish football. Then off he went with not even a good bye.

At The Edge
13-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Not for me thanks

ScottB
13-09-2010, 08:29 PM
As opposed to.......?

Collins?

Honestly, it's a more reflection of the amount of green tinted specs on folk around here when looking back at the Mowbray years, you'd think we'd been challenging for the league and winning cups left, right and center.

If anything, Mowbray could be said to have under achieved given the quality he had at his disposal. Had he even bothered to try and sign a semi capable goalkeeper we would have achieved more under him, never mind fixing our sieve of a defense.

basehibby
13-09-2010, 09:25 PM

GGTTH

Mowbray did great for us 1st time round and if we were looking for a manager and he was available then I'd certainly welcome him back with open arms. But would he consider it a step backwards after managing in the EPL and the championship, not to mention having a taste of Champions League action with our soapless cousins from the West? In terms of football quite possibly, in terms of wages definately!

But we're not looking for a manager right now and shouldn't be IMO. I wrote on another thread that it'll be a while yet before we can have a proper handle on how this season's going to pan out - Hughes has brought in a clutch of signings this summer, two of whom played their first game on Sat, with another one evidently on his way.

By about November time these guys should all be properly bedded in (apart from Duffy who'll just be getting back from injury). We'll have played every side in the league and if Yogi is going to make a success of this season then we should have seen some solid signs of it by then. If on the other hand the team is still struggling for form at that point then I'll have to consider holding my hands up and admitting I was wrong in believing Hughes is the man to take Hibs forward.

Right now though the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. We've had a pretty lacklustre start to the season so far on the back of a diastrous run towards the end of 09/10. But the history books will show that Hughes improved our league position by two places and got us into Europe last season. On that basis alone he deserves a proper crack of the whip to show he can do it again this time round and those calling for his head are jumping the gun.

snooky
13-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Collins?

Honestly, it's a more reflection of the amount of green tinted specs on folk around here when looking back at the Mowbray years, you'd think we'd been challenging for the league and winning cups left, right and center.

If anything, Mowbray could be said to have under achieved given the quality he had at his disposal. Had he even bothered to try and sign a semi capable goalkeeper we would have achieved more under him, never mind fixing our sieve of a defense.And the "good bit of business for Hibs" selling Garry O with the Merrick semi coming up. Pillock! :grr:

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Collins?

If anything, Mowbray could be said to have under achieved given the quality he had at his disposal. Had he even bothered to try and sign a semi capable goalkeeper we would have achieved more under him, never mind fixing our sieve of a defense.

With the squad we had, a trophy was coming at some point. Collins continued the good work that Mowbray had started, but his man management wasn't as good and it cost him his job.

My original point was that no Hibs manager has ever delivered success in the form of trophies or titles on a consistent basis. I judge them on how well the club is run and how entertaining the team plays.

Mowbray's team played some of the best football I have seen at Easter Road. He then did the same thng with West Brom, leading them to the Premiership. It went pear shaped at Parkhead, but I think the politics at Celtic are something that few managers can cope with.

I don't think he's that bad a manager, and he appears to be an excellent coach.

Eaststand
17-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Good points covered there basehibby and I'm about of the same opinion as you. I just wanted to test the water to see how many of us would entertain TM returning, but maybe, just maybe Yogi and his backroon team can find ingredient X and get us playing the way us fans want, and us winning games again

GGTTH

Mowbray did great for us 1st time round and if we were looking for a manager and he was available then I'd certainly welcome him back with open arms. But would he consider it a step backwards after managing in the EPL and the championship, not to mention having a taste of Champions League action with our soapless cousins from the West? In terms of football quite possibly, in terms of wages definately!

But we're not looking for a manager right now and shouldn't be IMO. I wrote on another thread that it'll be a while yet before we can have a proper handle on how this season's going to pan out - Hughes has brought in a clutch of signings this summer, two of whom played their first game on Sat, with another one evidently on his way.

By about November time these guys should all be properly bedded in (apart from Duffy who'll just be getting back from injury). We'll have played every side in the league and if Yogi is going to make a success of this season then we should have seen some solid signs of it by then. If on the other hand the team is still struggling for form at that point then I'll have to consider holding my hands up and admitting I was wrong in believing Hughes is the man to take Hibs forward.

Right now though the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. We've had a pretty lacklustre start to the season so far on the back of a diastrous run towards the end of 09/10. But the history books will show that Hughes improved our league position by two places and got us into Europe last season. On that basis alone he deserves a proper crack of the whip to show he can do it again this time round and those calling for his head are jumping the gun.

mcaitchi
17-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Good points covered there basehibby and I'm about of the same opinion as you. I just wanted to test the water to see how many of us would entertain TM returning, but maybe, just maybe Yogi and his backroon team can find ingredient X and get us playing the way us fans want, and us winning games again

GGTTH

Hope he finds it soon tho !!

tony m - was a great person to uncover hidden gems, ie ivan sproule - and we made a good profit on him !!

but tony also took a lot of young guys out of the u21`s etc to the first team - that hibs have since sold for good money to our west coast lot etc !!!

He had hibs making a bloody good profit, playing quite good football and bringing supporters back, and he won us the cup really - collins was on same fact sheet as yogi - facts were losing game after game etc, poor signings and tactics to lead me to believe that we string 50 passes in our half then hoof it forward to the smallest guy on the pitch !!

lets keep yogi, the best signing by yogi is ?? - or did we just sell him !!!???

The_Todd
17-09-2010, 08:09 PM
He had hibs making a bloody good profit, playing quite good football and bringing supporters back, and he won us the cup really - collins was on same fact sheet as yogi - facts were losing game after game etc, poor signings and tactics to lead me to believe that we string 50 passes in our half then hoof it forward to the smallest guy on the pitch !!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42699000/jpg/_42699097_football_416.jpg

Erm. No. I think John Collins won the cup.

mcaitchi
17-09-2010, 08:21 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42699000/jpg/_42699097_football_416.jpg

Erm. No. I think John Collins won the cup.

ok - Technically collins did win the diddy cup - with considered to be the majority of what was Tony`s Team ..

Afterwards - most of his results were like yogis, very poor !!!

no ??

The_Todd
17-09-2010, 08:22 PM
diddy cup

The what?

Saorsa
17-09-2010, 08:29 PM
No thanks, i'm quite happy with John Hughes as our manager.You must be easily pleased then :bye: no sure I'd go back tae Mowbray but I'd rather have Donald Duck than Hughes :bye:

lyonhibs
17-09-2010, 08:30 PM
ok - Technically collins did win the diddy cup - I beg your pardon?? :confused: with considered to be the majority of what was Tony`s Team - Jesus, that's a new one. Capitalising Tony's Team like it was some sort of brand name. One of the most repeated, worn-out and repeatedly demolished one-liners in .net history. Who was the M.o.M in the CIS Cup Final, and how many games did he start under Mowbray??

no ??

................................... :whistle:

Saorsa
17-09-2010, 08:30 PM

GGTTHThat's why they gave him all that money tae spend in the summer and sign all they (Class A) players on they big long contracts :hilarious :bye:

The_Todd
17-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Hope he finds it soon tho !!

tony m - was a great person to uncover hidden gems, ie ivan sproule - and we made a good profit on him !!

but tony also took a lot of young guys out of the u21`s etc to the first team - that hibs have since sold for good money to our west coast lot etc !!!

lets keep yogi, the best signing by yogi is ?? - or did we just sell him !!!???

I'm trying to figure out the logic. Under Collins we lost "game after game" yet won a cup? It can't be both.

Alex Trager
17-09-2010, 08:43 PM
That's why they gave him all that money tae spend in the summer and sign all they (Class A) players on they big long contracts :hilarious :bye:
As opposed to no money....It definately seems that they gave more than they did mixu or john? Or are all these players paying their own wages.:bye:When was the last time we signed a Class A player? Franck or George Best

Saorsa
17-09-2010, 08:55 PM
As opposed to no money....It definately seems that they gave more than they did mixu or john? Or are all these players paying their own wages.:bye:When was the last time we signed a Class A player? Franck or George BestThey did gives Hughes money (last season) but Hughes has had all his money (and all he is getting) before this summer, we've signed none of the class A players he was rambling on about, if you dinnae see 6 month and 1 year loans and 1 year contracts only as the board reigning things in then you're on a different planet son, the board have lost faith in Hughes, that's why he's getting nae mair, that is obvious IMO. Hopefully they will see sense soon enough and empty him all together. :agree: :bye:

Alex Trager
17-09-2010, 09:10 PM
They did gives Hughes money (last season) but Hughes has had all his money (and all he is getting) before this summer, we've signed none of the class A players he was rambling on about, if you dinnae see 6 month and 1 year loans and 1 year contracts only as the board reigning things in then you're on a different planet son, the board have lost faith in Hughes, that's why he's getting nae mair, that is obvious IMO. Hopefully they will see sense soon enough and empty him all together. :agree: :bye:
Infact you've won me over... i really would be happy to look forward to a further couple of seasons of new managers trying to install their thoughts and ways of playing along with that many new players:bye:.... and we'd still not get a purple strip

Saorsa
17-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Infact you've won me over... i really would be happy to look forward to a further couple of seasons of new managers trying to install their thoughts and ways of playing along with that many new players:bye:.... and we'd still not get a purple stripBetter than persisting with a manager with nae idea and you're right about that purple strip son, you can stick that where the sun disnae shine :bye:

Alex Trager
17-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Better than persisting with a manager with nae idea and you're right about that purple strip son, you can stick that where the sun disnae shine :bye:
Well we'll see later on who has an idea about things wont we

Bostonhibby
17-09-2010, 09:29 PM
ok - Technically collins did win the diddy cup - with considered to be the majority of what was Tony`s Team ..

no ??

I am trying to recall which of the "big" teams regard silverware as diddy, anyway moving along, you could say the majority of Tony's team, were the youngsters that he inherited......:blah:

lyonhibs
17-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I am trying to recall which of the "big" teams regard silverware as diddy, anyway moving along, you could say the majority of Tony's team, were the youngsters that he inherited......:blah:

:agree: :agree:

We owe it all to Blobby Williamson, but just couldn't see it at the time.

A visionary ahead of the curve, so he was..................

CRAZYHIBBY
17-09-2010, 10:23 PM
id take big eck back :agree:

oldbutdim
17-09-2010, 10:54 PM
id take big eck back :agree:

and beat him to a pulp.

Good shout.

Ray_
17-09-2010, 11:00 PM

[/B]We owe it all to Blobby Williamson, but just couldn't see it at the time.

Especially with him trying to swap Riordan & Whit's for Bobby Mann, he could really spot a player that one.

Baader
17-09-2010, 11:10 PM
My original point was that no Hibs manager has ever delivered success in the form of trophies or titles on a consistent basis. I judge them on how well the club is run and how entertaining the team plays.

Very good point. I thought TM was the best thing to happen to Hibs in years. But that's all in the past now and I think he possibly burned a few bridges - especially with The Tache - moving on.

I imagine he would probably seriously consider the Hibs job again if offered - which I wouldn't expect to happen - but he probably never thought his career would go like this.

Was on a good path and on the ascendency before the Tic came calling - must regret taking on that job now I'd imagine...

Bostonhibby
18-09-2010, 08:11 AM

[/B]We owe it all to Blobby Williamson, but just couldn't see it at the time.

I put it all down to the youth team manager and scouting structure myself, Blobby was probably little to do with who was there at the time he arrived, a bit like Yogi just now, some youngsters who were successful at that level, its about how they are brought on, or how they fail to get through and why.
I don't think blobby was anything to do with a curve either, he was more of a circle shape I felt.

Saorsa
18-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Well we'll see later on who has an idea about things wont weThat's two must win games we've no won now but we'll see, won't we :bye:

pathetic again, taxi for hughes :bye:

E.T. is a Hibee
18-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Mowbray paticipated in that Huddle that they do to proove to the Tic that he was one of them and that he has no feelings for Hibernian! In the end Celtic ruined his career and his loyal number two Venus with the way they treat and see the game!

HE CAN GTF!

Aldo
18-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Everyone deserves a 2nd chance and TBH I would like to see him given another go but cannot see it.

In light of this I would go for Chris Coleman or McInnes.

Coleman was an excellent player and has quite a bit of experience in the EPL and in spain.

Coleman is currently on the telly and would cost nowt whilst McInnes would cost quite a bit of dosh to get him away from Perth.

A new manager is a must at ER as we are in free fall and if we persist with Hughes it will be too late.

Steve-O
19-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Mowbray over Hughes every day of the week and twice on Sundays! :agree: